PDA

View Full Version : SallyAnne's Journal

Pages : [1] 2

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Holy hell, it's that time of year again. I'm starting prep in 11 days at 18 weeks out, per Yoda's (Dave P's) suggestion. It seems that each time I do a journal, I include less and less info. lol My first journal was hugely detailed, the 2nd, not so much. This time, I invite you to hang out and bullshit with me through the next 18 + weeks. That's right - this thread is purely for goofing off. A way to make light of the dieting and cardio in store until the end of July. Woo hoo! ;)

Prep this year coincides with my gardening season, and I'm totally replanting my flower beds and vegi garden. Not only will you get to see progress pictures of me, but also of my organic, tree-hugging, hippy loving, back yard garden. Maybe some pictures of my dogs, my son, whatever.

Welcome! Let's get this baby rolling.

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 03:30 PM
...also, I just started working out again full time about a month ago after my shoulder injury from October. :hypno: I can't tell you how hard it was to stay away from the gym to let it heal. It is still sore and there are certain moves I can't do in the gym (behind the neck presses and pulldowns being 2 that come to mind) - but everything else is doable, even if it still hurts a bit. What this means is that I didn't get to make any improvements in my brief time off - so the only new thing I'm bringing to Masters is better conditioning.

I have 1/2 the weight to lose from last prep and I am starting earlier, so this should be a piece of cake. right? lol

Ninja Loco
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
*gets all comfy*

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi, pumpkin. :hugme:

I brought your pictures with me to the Arnold thinking you were coming. I missed u.

partsRheavy
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Sounds great!! I'd love to hear about what you will be doing with the organic garden!!

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Sounds great!! I'd love to hear about what you will be doing with the organic garden!!

I used to have a HYOOGE garden - like 1/2 an acre. It was a lot of work, but I wasn't doing anything else at the time and damn did I can and freeze a lot of vegis, plus supply my neighborhood with tomatoes. lol

I didn't do it at all last year and missed the hell out of it. Since I'm prepping and working on a few other projects this year, I'm bringing it WAY down to backyard gardening. I'm using my front flower bed to combine flowers and vegies, hanging some of those upside down tomato & strawberry planters I bought on ebay, setting up a sweet potato grow bin, and also growing out of bags.

Bags are the easiest - you buy organic soil in the big bags, cut a slit on one side for drainage, plop it down, and stick plants on the other side. I usually mulch over these with straw. Works like a charm and perfect for the lazy gardener.

I start all my own seedlings - did that yesterday. I will probably buy some flowers, though. It's hard to walk by the garden center at Lowes and not buy anything.

Suzanne
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
woohoo here we go!

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
woohoo here we go!

I'm going to try those hack machine split squats, Suz. I watched your video and DAMN.

Ninja Loco
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I missed you too....it was hard as hell not being there after I planned so hard and so long.

Split squats?? What split squats? I do split squats but with a barbell, and I also have my boxers and female clients do them. Whats this about a machine?

Good god a half acre garden......:hypno:

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Suz doing hack split squats.

HYN6AXO1nXI

Yep - 1/2 acre. I have a tractor, a rototiller, you name it. I don't have any overalls, though.

tammyp
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
sign me up sal! i am starting prep 1st week in april...and masters is the same day as hartford, so misery will so love company!!! im gald i have you to diet with.

Ninja Loco
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM

HYN6AXO1nXI
Holy cow...... Yup, Im going to try that tonight since I have to re-hit the legs to get the soreness out.

Yep - 1/2 acre. I have a tractor, a rototiller, you name it. I don't have any overalls, though.
I, uh..... I dont mind at all........ :drool:

AnglicanBeachParty
03-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Subscribed!

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
sign me up sal! i am starting prep 1st week in april...and masters is the same day as hartford, so misery will so love company!!! im gald i have you to diet with.

Dave said 18 weeks, so I'm doing 18 - which is fine by me. Holy fawk did I have to work last time to get that weight off. lol This time around it will come off much more gently.

I'm glad we're preppin' together, too!

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Subscribed!

Woot!

You looked awesome at the Arnold, btw. I was running around like crazy and never really got a chance to talk to you there.

sassy69
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM

HYN6AXO1nXI

Charles has a plethora of things you can do w/ a hack squat! He probably has a way you can make margaritas on the thing! :yep:

tammyp
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
youll breeze in this time...we all do that ONCE...never again!

Suzanne
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm going to try those hack machine split squats, Suz. I watched your video and DAMN.

you will love it! hurts the glutes good!!!!!

I was originally gonna do Masters but Jeremy cant come he will be out of town but turned out to be a blessing since i have 2 partially torn rotators and shit ton of tendinitis i am working through so North Americans for me. Prep starts May 16th doing 16 weeks so i can ease it off

AnglicanBeachParty
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Woot!

You looked awesome at the Arnold, btw. I was running around like crazy and never really got a chance to talk to you there.

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about not getting to talk with you. It was crazy in that Expo!

Good luck with your prep; this will be exciting!

SallyAnne
03-11-2010, 04:57 PM
you will love it! hurts the glutes good!!!!!

I was originally gonna do Masters but Jeremy cant come he will be out of town but turned out to be a blessing since i have 2 partially torn rotators and shit ton of tendinitis i am working through so North Americans for me. Prep starts May 16th doing 16 weeks so i can ease it off

I think North Americans is a good choice. I understand how it feels to have a shoulder injury. Mine is still holding me back a bit and it happened in October. uhg. I babied the hell out of it, though - and although there is a lot of stiffness and a little pain, I have full range of motion and very few problems.

musclemilf
03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
subscribed! :p

shankuan
03-12-2010, 11:35 AM
i like your journal name! Sounds like fun - so i'll hang! :hmn:

GENESIS
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
*gets all comfy*

-grabs the other recliner and a bowl of :popcorn: in the e home-

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-12-2010, 12:00 PM

HYN6AXO1nXI

I did not even have to watch the video to know that that was torturous.

I am in :D I cannot wait to try this little slice of Hell out :headbang:

SallyAnne
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
St Patricks Day also happens to be my honey's birthday - so we're going to Mexico. :ok: Puerto Penasco - Rocky Point. Taking my son and will spend my last remaining free days before prep on the beach, although I am searching for a gym while I'm down there. lol

Ninja Loco
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I did not even have to watch the video to know that that was torturous.

I am in :D I cannot wait to try this little slice of Hell out :headbang:
I did yesterday, brother. It is very awkward at first (well, for me it was). Its ideal because unlike regular lunges or even step ups, the machine keeps your upper body in the right posture. Little to no weight is required, just make sure you're not pushing IN towards the machine.

SallyAnne
...and just booked the room and found out it's spring break. lol Should be interesting, but I can't get too carried away. I'm bringing a 10 year old.

I'll be sure to take pictures of boobies for ya'll.

SallyAnne
I did yesterday, brother. It is very awkward at first (well, for me it was). Its ideal because unlike regular lunges or even step ups, the machine keeps your upper body in the right posture. Little to no weight is required, just make sure you're not pushing IN towards the machine.

I'm doing them today!

Ninja Loco
03-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm doing them today!
You will need a booty massage. You have my number.

Suzanne
03-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm doing them today!

have fun!!

you will have to keep the 10 year old blindfolded and ears covered during spring break lol

sassy69
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
St Patricks Day also happens to be my honey's birthday - so we're going to Mexico. :ok: Puerto Penasco - Rocky Point. Taking my son and will spend my last remaining free days before prep on the beach, although I am searching for a gym while I'm down there. lol

I have so many blurry memories of Rocky Point... THE Spring Break (and every other weekend) destination for students at ASU!

SallyAnne
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I have so many blurry memories of Rocky Point... THE Spring Break (and every other weekend) destination for students at ASU!

You are correct! It is ASU's spring break. I've been there/done that, so won't feel like I'm missing a damn thing. lol I entered a wet t-shirt contest that last time I was in rocky point. :hypno:

SallyAnne
03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
have fun!!

you will have to keep the 10 year old blindfolded and ears covered during spring break lol

He's at an age where he embarrasses easily. It should be an interesting experience for him. lol

robert da strongman
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
gonna kick back in the recliner and partake....

LainaJ
03-12-2010, 07:23 PM
...also, I just started working out again full time about a month ago after my shoulder injury from October. :hypno: I can't tell you how hard it was to stay away from the gym to let it heal. It is still sore and there are certain moves I can't do in the gym (behind the neck presses and pulldowns being 2 that come to mind) - but everything else is doable, even if it still hurts a bit. What this means is that I didn't get to make any improvements in my brief time off - so the only new thing I'm bringing to Masters is better conditioning.

I have 1/2 the weight to lose from last prep and I am starting earlier, so this should be a piece of cake. right? lol

looking forward to you log Sally.. BTW PM.. we can not have this shoulder injury . YOU NEED CHAIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear my foot healed faster because of it Good luck lady !!

Mikiko
03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi SallyAnne! It was so nice to see you at the Arnold! I am looking forward to your prep--I love gardening, too!! :D I will be competing at Masters Nationals as well, it will be so much fun to see you there! xoxo

love sasha

SallyAnne
03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
looking forward to you log Sally.. BTW PM.. we can not have this shoulder injury . YOU NEED CHAIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear my foot healed faster because of it Good luck lady !!

Woman - I drink chained out like heroine addicts stick a needles in their arm. lol It is by far my absolute favorite supplement, hands down.

SallyAnne
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi SallyAnne! It was so nice to see you at the Arnold! I am looking forward to your prep--I love gardening, too!! :D I will be competing at Masters Nationals as well, it will be so much fun to see you there! xoxo

love sasha

Hey, Sasha! I had so much fun and I want to thank you for coming to see me at the booth. Looking forward to seeing you at Masters! We'll have to eat something good together after. lol

Sandpig
03-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Sal, glad to see you only have half the weight to lose this time.
Hope the shoulder holds up for you.
And, good luck.

Ninja Loco
03-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Woman - I drink chained out like heroine addicts stick a needles in their arm. lol It is by far my absolute favorite supplement, hands down.
Ya. As much as I loathe OTS supps (or rather the main companies) I cant get enough of this appletini chained out. I gave a scoop to my clients when I first got it just so they could try it. But fuck that, Im like a miser with it now. I easily drink 2-3 servings per workout now. Its a small gym so peeps are like, "Dude.... you're obviously a well educated, powerful and very attractive man. How many of those do you need to have??"

stephaniewicked
03-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll be here following along too! :)

I can't believe I missed seeing you at the Arnold too... I stopped by briefly on Friday and was there for a bit on Sunday. Would have loved to say hi!

Ohhh mexico... great way to spend youre pre-prep days!

I know nothing about gardening and have a tendency to kill plants, so maybe I can learn a thing or two from you! :p

stephaniewicked
03-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I cant get enough of this appletini chained out.

LOVE it! Everyone at work always looks at me funny when they see me drinking green liquid from my gallon-size water bottle. So yummy though...

SallyAnne
03-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Ya. As much as I loathe OTS supps (or rather the main companies) I cant get enough of this appletini chained out. I gave a scoop to my clients when I first got it just so they could try it. But fuck that, Im like a miser with it now. I easily drink 2-3 servings per workout now. Its a small gym so peeps are like, "Dude.... you're obviously a well educated, powerful and very attractive man. How many of those do you need to have??"

I hoard mine, too. I'd love to have a bunch of sample packs to give out at the gym. I could get everyone hooked on it.

SallyAnne
03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I'll be here following along too! :)

I can't believe I missed seeing you at the Arnold too... I stopped by briefly on Friday and was there for a bit on Sunday. Would have loved to say hi!

Ohhh mexico... great way to spend youre pre-prep days!

I know nothing about gardening and have a tendency to kill plants, so maybe I can learn a thing or two from you! :p

the only times I left the booth were for lunch breaks, so that may have been when I missed you. :( Will you be at the NY Pro? I've already booked a flight, so would love to meet you if you're going.

debbiebramwell
03-14-2010, 01:48 AM
well well well ! Looky at what I found here.:)I will be following along. This prep will be a much better journey and end result because you are starting in a way better place and 18 weeks is perfect!

Im excited you will be at NY Pro. 8 weeks to go! I am excited!!

Rocky point oh rocky point ...when I was 19 I lived in phoenix for 8 years. These were my party years ! lol:p(before bodybuilding)I got stories to tell! Back in the day it was crazy down there. The good old days!!

SallyAnne
03-14-2010, 10:29 AM
well well well ! Looky at what I found here.:)I will be following along. This prep will be a much better journey and end result because you are starting in a way better place and 18 weeks is perfect!

Im excited you will be at NY Pro. 8 weeks to go! I am excited!!

Rocky point oh rocky point ...when I was 19 I lived in phoenix for 8 years. These were my party years ! lol:p(before bodybuilding)I got stories to tell! Back in the day it was crazy down there. The good old days!!

I haven't been down there since 2004 or something and it was with a group of 8 women. Lots of fun. I packed all of us and our luggage into a Ford Explorer for the drive, and you know how women pack. We were in there like sardines.

Had a blast, though. I don't know why I don't go more often. It's only about a 5 hour drive. I think now that my son is older, we'll probably go more often.

jlgiller
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM
This is July 31 in Vegas correct?
I have asked off work already!

SallyAnne
03-14-2010, 11:19 AM
This is July 31 in Vegas correct?
I have asked off work already!

USA's are that weekend, which is the weekend after Masters. If I do well enough, I'll compete at USA's, too. Either way, I'm still coming to Vegas - so let's plan on getting together.

stephaniewicked
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
the only times I left the booth were for lunch breaks, so that may have been when I missed you. :( Will you be at the NY Pro? I've already booked a flight, so would love to meet you if you're going.

Yes, I'll be there... will def meet up with you then!

I'll be in here hanging out with you in the meantime though. :p

SallyAnne
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Cool! ;)

I bought one of those pullup bars that attaches in a doorway about 2 weeks before I hurt my shoulder and am just now able to use it. lol I have it up between my laundry room and kitchen with a stretchy band hanging from it so I can do cheat pulls when I can't do them unassisted. Every time i pass by, I do a couple. I'm going to have to start counting how many I do in a day...

jlgiller
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
USA's are that weekend, which is the weekend after Masters. If I do well enough, I'll compete at USA's, too. Either way, I'm still coming to Vegas - so let's plan on getting together.

I hope you get to compete that weekend!
It looks like the only shows I will make are the ones close by like Vegas.

NY is the weekend of Mothers Day so I can't leave work.

magsmalone
03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Sallyanne. Gad to hear that you are going to Master's Nationals too. It's always good to know others are going through the same thing as the competition approaches. I will definitely be following your post. I'm sure that you will rock the house!

GENESIS
03-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Cool! ;)

I bought one of those pullup bars that attaches in a doorway about 2 weeks before I hurt my shoulder and am just now able to use it. lol I have it up between my laundry room and kitchen with a stretchy band hanging from it so I can do cheat pulls when I can't do them unassisted. Every time i pass by, I do a couple. I'm going to have to start counting how many I do in a day...

I have one of those. I try to do a set every time i go through that door... And if you dont have it already you gotta make sure you get one of these!

tammyp
03-15-2010, 08:11 AM
glad there is a bunch of us prepping together:) misery loves company!

SallyAnne
03-24-2010, 06:13 PM
okey dokey.

I started prep on Monday! I'm tired of the lil extra chub around the middle, which is where it went back on after last prep. I still have separation in my legs, but a fatty lower back. lol ew. SO ready to take it off.

I am doing a 2 day protein/fat alternated with a 2 day protein/vegi. 45 minutes of cardio a day. This is what I started out with last prep, so nothing new. I did a big shoulder workout yesterday and my owie shoulder is feeling it today. I try to do rotator cuff excercises every day no matter what body part I'm working. It's helped, I think.

GARDENING:

Today, I planted 4 rose bushes, a blue wisteria, 2 baby rosemary bushes, a clematis vine & 8 stargazer lillies. My son bought me a topsy turvey strawberry planter for my birthday, so I bought strawberry sets today, but need to get some potting soil so I can try this new rig out. I have a tomato planted in one in my greenhouse and it seems to be doing well. I bought 5 of the topsy turvey thingies off ebay for $30 this winter, so will try zucchini and maybe a pepper hangin' upside down just to see how these puppies work.

GeminiJedi
03-24-2010, 06:16 PM
That gardening endeavor sounds fun! And that was a great ebay deal...Yay ebay!! I'd like to know how the zucchini/pepper work out.

SallyAnne
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM
...and btw - Mexico was fun! A totally rated PG family vacation, which was perfect. Not many spring breakers in Mexico this year. I think it's all the news stories about the shootings that are keeping people away.

I love Puerto Penasco. Everyone is friendly and goes out of their way to help us gringos out. :) Jeff got pulled over by the Policia for running a stop sign. lol They looked at his license, told him to be more careful, and told us to have fun while we were in town. How cool is that?

I took my son to eat raw oysters for the first time. I got directions to the oyster guy from a Mexican couple that was on the beach. 8 miles in the middle of nowhere on 4wheel drive sand paths and BINGO! Guy & his family under a palapa next to the ocean just waiting for me. I ordered 4 dozen and the nice oyster man went down to the ocean to get them. Jeff doesn't eat them, so Mitch and I shared, which is to say he at 7 or 8 and I ate the rest. I don't know what it is about oysters - but I swear I can never get full eating them, so we went to our favorite taco vendor afterward. I think the best food in Mexico is street food. I can not get enough of the carne asada tacos, mang.

SallyAnne
03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
That gardening endeavor sounds fun! And that was a great ebay deal...Yay ebay!! I'd like to know how the zucchini/pepper work out.

I always have problems with squash bugs, so maybe getting the plants off the ground will keep them safe from teh bugs.

I love ebay. I buy many, many things from that site.

Ninja Loco
03-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I used to love ebay back when they had hookers. Oh wait.....that was Craigslist.

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
http://usa.stockfood.com/images-pictures/A%20Bottle%20of%20Seltzer%20Water-633447.jpg

plus

http://www.alternative-health-supplements.com/images/chaind-out.jpg

equals

WIN!

That's right - I am making my own Chain'd out Soda. It's freaking yummy and makes me burp at the gym!

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I did legs today and have a question:

I use a smith with no counter weight because I don't have a wo partner. I will do squats in the squat rack occasionally, but I'm always afraid to get under really heavy weight by myself.

I realize that using a smith - even one without counter weight - helps you lift more weight. What do you think the difference in weight would be?

Example - today I did 200lbs plus the bar weight in the smith. I don't really know what that bar weighs...? 15- 20lbs? What would be the weight difference if I squatted in the rack without the stabilization of the smith? 25 lbs? 50 lbs?

My smith is a very old cybex. when you unlock the bar and let go, it drops like a rock.

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I used to love ebay back when they had hookers. Oh wait.....that was Craigslist.

I bet ebay has hookers. You just have to spend some time searching.

Sandpig
03-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I did legs today and have a question:

I use a smith with no counter weight because I don't have a wo partner. I will do squats in the squat rack occasionally, but I'm always afraid to get under really heavy weight by myself.

I realize that using a smith - even one without counter weight - helps you lift more weight. What do you think the difference in weight would be?

Example - today I did 200lbs plus the bar weight in the smith. I don't really know what that bar weighs...? 15- 20lbs? What would be the weight difference if I squatted in the rack without the stabilization of the smith? 25 lbs? 50 lbs?

My smith is a very old cybex. when you unlock the bar and let go, it drops like a rock.
Sally, I don't know.

You know we have an old Uni. smith at the Flamingo gym and I swear, it adds weight to the total, and I do less reps with it as opposed to free squats.

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Sally, I don't know.

You know we have an old Uni. smith at the Flamingo gym and I swear, it adds weight to the total, and I do less reps with it as opposed to free squats.

I get kinda wobbly under heavy weight in the rack, so really need someone behind me just to hold me steady. My boyfriend is coming home next week, so I'll take advantage of his presence and get in the rack to see how much I can squat. I guess that will tell me.

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 04:01 PM
http://usa.stockfood.com/images-pictures/A%20Bottle%20of%20Seltzer%20Water-633447.jpg

plus

http://www.alternative-health-supplements.com/images/chaind-out.jpg

equals

WIN!

That's right - I am making my own Chain'd out Soda. It's freaking yummy and makes me burp at the gym!

I'm feeling so ALRI smart today. I made ice cubes out of the seltzer/Chain'd Out. Not only do they taste like a treat when I eat them alone, but added to my daily drink , they keep it cold and do not water the drink down when they melt.

:ok:

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Which brings us to the 'what are you taking for prep' question:

1. Species protein. (IF ALR comes out with their new super protein soon, I'm going to give it a whirl)
2. Arthrolyze, lipolyze & somalyze. Once in a while, I alternate a somalyze with a comatose or lean dreams. As prep gets further along, I will actually combine somolyze with lean dreams or comotose. lol Totally knocked out and loving it. :)
3. Hyperdrive or Poison on those days when my ass is dragging.
4. a regular fish oil and primrose combo.

I just started taking the Arthrolyze a few weeks ago and I can tell the difference in my joints - knees, shoulders... I notice that the leaner I get, the creakier the joints get. maybe this prep, I'll stay lubed with the Arthrolyze.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Which brings us to the 'what are you taking for prep' question:

1. Species protein. (IF ALR comes out with their new super protein soon, I'm going to give it a whirl)
2. Arthrolyze, lipolyze & somalyze. Once in a while, I alternate a somalyze with a comatose or lean dreams. As prep gets further along, I will actually combine somolyze with lean dreams or comotose. lol Totally knocked out and loving it. :)
3. Hyperdrive or Poison on those days when my ass is dragging.
4. a regular fish oil and primrose combo.

I just started taking the Arthrolyze a few weeks ago and I can tell the difference in my joints - knees, shoulders... I notice that the leaner I get, the creakier the joints get. maybe this prep, I'll stay lubed with the Arthrolyze.

That Somalyze/Lean Dreams/Comatose cocktail sounds nice. I remember using Lean Dreams. I had some of the craziest dreams ever... and you already know how my imagination works, so you know it was working overtime on that stuff!

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
That Somalyze/Lean Dreams/Comatose cocktail sounds nice. I remember using Lean Dreams. I had some of the craziest dreams ever... and you already know how my imagination works, so you know it was working overtime on that stuff!

me, too. If you combine the 2 of them - it cuts down on the weird dreams a bit. Sometimes I like those dreams, though.

Lann1011
03-25-2010, 05:17 PM
If i did comatose, lean dreams and somalyze together I would never wake up.. Be out for 12-16 hours!

Ninja Loco
03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
We have an old, old Smith machine without a counterweight. But the bar on it is a real 45 plus the 15 pound funky attachment. Sixty five pounds right there. Here's a semi-decent pic of it.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs278.ash1/20571_307322042290_248607822290_3571346_6403805_n. jpg

Look sumin like that?

SallyAnne
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
We have an old, old Smith machine without a counterweight. But the bar on it is a real 45 plus the 15 pound funky attachment. Sixty five pounds right there. Here's a semi-decent pic of it.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs278.ash1/20571_307322042290_248607822290_3571346_6403805_n. jpg

Look sumin like that?

the one I've got is a cybex - I think they took the counterweight out of it. I was looking at it this morning and it looks like it's missing the guts that would keep the bar from dropping. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

SallyAnne
03-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm at the end of my first week of dieting and it reminds me of how fast prep really goes. When you say "4 months of dieting" it sounds like a long time without brownies, but in reality - it goes so much faster than you think.

Today I took my son 'kid food' shopping. I'm feeling guilty because there is nothing tasty in the house to eat for him, so I let him go on a shopping spree at the grocery store. He bough a package of cookies and some kind of pound cake in the bakery, but other than that, didn't really get that much junk. He's a good boy.

We're building him a fort of sorts in the backyard. We have giant cottonwood trees and he likes one in particular. It's near a fence, so I took more fencing and made a circle around the tree and we went to Lowes and bought bamboo fencing. We're getting ready to put the bamboo around the existing round fencing so that it's enclosed under his tree. Looks very palapa-ish. I'm going to buy a couple of tiki torches for him tomorrow to complete the effect. lol I also let him pick out some plants at lowes to put on the outside of the bamboo on the side that faces the sun. He picked out a rose bush and some bulbs to plant with it.

Ninja Loco
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Is it wrong to envy a ten year old......?

Sledge
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Maaaaaaaan. I want a fort in my back yard.

AVBG
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I like your journals Sal! Subd!

SallyAnne
03-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Is it wrong to envy a ten year old......?

You want me to take you grocery shopping? :)

SallyAnne
03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok - so now we're done with out project and I'm sitting back with an ice cold diet Stewart's Orange and Cream soda. mmmmmmmmm.

My son is having the full calorie version.

Ninja Loco
03-28-2010, 09:08 PM
You want me to take you grocery shopping? :)
http://www.blushing.com.au/Blushing%20.com.au%20help_html_m1893fba9.jpg

SallyAnne
03-29-2010, 12:40 AM
I like your journals Sal! Subd!

Welcome!

Went to the gym tonight to do biceps/calves/cardio. I probably should have just done cardio, but up until now, my workouts have been so limited because of my shoulder that it just feels good to get in there without experiencing any pain.

I usually go to the gym in the mornings after I drop my son off at school around 7am. I like the mornings better in general, but realize just how much more I like the people at my gym in the mornings after going tonight. Lots of young idiots who don't put anything back and don't know wtf they're doing. lol Plus, they stare at me - and I don't like that either. I know all the morning people and it just feels so much more relaxed - plus, they're all around 70 years old. lol Well - not all of them. There are some fire fighters that work out in the mornings, too. They're nice, as well.

tammyp
03-29-2010, 06:25 AM
did you drop this week sal?

Sandpig
03-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Look sumin like that?

Ninja, that looks just like the Uni that we have at the Flamingo Gold's.

Sandpig
03-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Ok - so now we're done with out project and I'm sitting back with an ice cold diet Stewart's Orange and Cream soda. mmmmmmmmm.

My son is having the full calorie version.

Sounds normal around here.:)

SallyAnne
03-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm on a no-fat day and am having 5oz chicken breast/1cup asparagus in some non fat chicken broth sprinkled with my favorite hot sauce:

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Cholula-Hot-Sauce_D7689375.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

SallyAnne
03-29-2010, 02:43 PM
took pictures this morning and sent them off to Dave. I have lost size in my back/shoulders/arms. :( Very depressing. Injuries are teh suck.

Ninja Loco
03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
took pictures this morning and sent them off to Dave. I have lost size in my back/shoulders/arms. :( Very depressing. Injuries are teh suck.
http://www.desicomments.com/dc/11/28561/28561.jpg

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I love Urban Dictionary :)

I just decided to look up "teh", and lo and behold:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teh

:lmao: Maybe this will ease the depression some...

How much of an impact (aside from the loss in size) do you think your shoulder will make in your prep this time?

SallyAnne
03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
http://glowingshadow.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/hugs.png?w=300&h=300

SallyAnne
03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Jeff will be here today! He called me last night to let me know we've been drawn for Elk tags, so I guess I'm going to try and shoot something in October. I only go hunting if I'm going to eat what I shoot - and I would love to have a freezer full of elk meat.

I went to the gym last night and I swear to god there must have been a tattoo convention going on. There were 20 guys in there covered - but with nice physiques. They were actually nice, as well - so it made for a pleasant workout experience.

My friend Jason was there. I haven't seen him in months. We go way back - he owns his own painting company and I met him when I subcontracted out for a big job. We've been friends ever since...maybe 10 years now? I was at his wedding and with him when his dad was in the hospital a few years back. He's gradually becoming more and more religious to the point now where there is not a single conversation we don't have that he mentions god in some way. I'm a little weirded out by it, but we still have a lot in common on a spiritual level and he doesn't try to shove his religion down my throat.

He's back to working out again and I imagine I'll be seeing him a lot more often now.

I watched a show on Animal Planet while on the treadmill and this guy had monitor lizards living in his apartment with him. 5 of them - roaming free. One day he doesn't show up for work - 3 days later his family calls the police and they find him in his apartment with his face eaten off and his internal organs spread around the apartment. :hypno:

Ninja Loco
03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
So....the Monitors decided to go on a bulk.

SallyAnne
03-30-2010, 06:45 PM
So....the Monitors decided to go on a bulk.

jeez. eaten by your own pets.

AVBG
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey Sal, it's so true about what you said about the prep time goes quick. Weeks go so fast..Even post comp the weeks kick on quickly..

SallyAnne
03-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Sal, it's so true about what you said about the prep time goes quick. Weeks go so fast..Even post comp the weeks kick on quickly..

I know! 6 months since my last contest - flew by like nothing.

AVBG
03-30-2010, 07:15 PM
I know! 6 months since my last contest - flew by like nothing.

I've got 2.5 weeks since my last..lol. Seems like it was yesterday. I'm glad I didn't get a huge/quick rebound (only above 6lbs)..It's nice being in condition with abs!

Gerb
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM

they do suck

Jeff will be here today! He called me last night to let me know we've been drawn for Elk tags, so I guess I'm going to try and shoot something in October. I only go hunting if I'm going to eat what I shoot - and I would love to have a freezer full of elk meat.

I went to the gym last night and I swear to god there must have been a tattoo convention going on. There were 20 guys in there covered - but with nice physiques. They were actually nice, as well - so it made for a pleasant workout experience.

My friend Jason was there. I haven't seen him in months. We go way back - he owns his own painting company and I met him when I subcontracted out for a big job. We've been friends ever since...maybe 10 years now? I was at his wedding and with him when his dad was in the hospital a few years back. He's gradually becoming more and more religious to the point now where there is not a single conversation we don't have that he mentions god in some way. I'm a little weirded out by it, but we still have a lot in common on a spiritual level and he doesn't try to shove his religion down my throat.

He's back to working out again and I imagine I'll be seeing him a lot more often now.

I watched a show on Animal Planet while on the treadmill and this guy had monitor lizards living in his apartment with him. 5 of them - roaming free. One day he doesn't show up for work - 3 days later his family calls the police and they find him in his apartment with his face eaten off and his internal organs spread around the apartment. :hypno:

what caliber rifle do you use to hunt elk?

alway cool when you can have friends that coe from diferentpoints of view that just accept you without trying to shove their views down your throat

tha last story is disturbing

Wetdawg
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey SallyA,
Sub'd for the run. Dropping Beefsteaks in the ground this weekend. Weather is coming around, time to plant. Got any Elk recipes?

Ninja Loco
03-30-2010, 11:58 PM
jeez. eaten by your own pets.
They were in his heart, and now he's in their stomachs. Every species has its own values.

When I come back as your Pit Bull (which I will) I wont eat y... I mean I wont ever bit... Well at least I wont peek. Much. But I will run fuckers doing curls on the squat rack off for you.

SallyAnne
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm watching a show on Peru and I'm getting hungry because they're making cuy - roast guinea pig. Do you think I'd get in trouble if I went to Petsmart and bought a couple of guinea pigs to eat?

maybe start breeding them so I have a constant supply?

SallyAnne
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.tienchiu.com/wp-content/gallery/laos-random-photos/roastedrat.jpg

SallyAnne
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
They were in his heart, and now he's in their stomachs. Every species has its own values.

When I come back as your Pit Bull (which I will) I wont eat y... I mean I wont ever bit... Well at least I wont peek. Much. But I will run fuckers doing curls on the squat rack off for you.

I'll buy you little cute outfits to wear.

AVBG
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Something about roasted guinea pigs seems wrong to me :dunno:

AVBG
04-01-2010, 11:23 PM
How long to go now Sal? Shoulder holding up for you?

Ninja Loco
04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll buy you little cute outfits to wear.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3463/3985414838_f88d208f4b_o.jpg

SallyAnne
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
How long to go now Sal? Shoulder holding up for you?

16 weeks on Monday. I started at 18 this time. I think Tammy Patnode starts on Monday for her Hartford Connecticut show. Her Pro debut!

SallyAnne
04-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Shoulder is OK. Most of the pain is gone, but I still am feeling it where my tricep muscle attaches at the top. Any move behind the neck is a struggle. I also feel it when doing military presses or db presses. I work through it with lower weight and longer reps.

GirlyMuscle
04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm starting my "not gonna be a fat ass at master's nats" prep on Tuesday. My sister is taking me out for Thai food on Monday.

Maybe we can do a photoshoot together. Of course, that might give Ninja a heartattack.

SallyAnne
04-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm starting my "not gonna be a fat ass at master's nats" prep on Tuesday. My sister is taking me out for Thai food on Monday.

Maybe we can do a photoshoot together. Of course, that might give Ninja a heartattack.

I'm all for it. heart attack and all.

Have you recovered from the hyooge time change yet?

GirlyMuscle
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Nope. I was up at 3am. Took a nap at 11am. Yeah..all messed up. I'll get straightened out by July. ;)

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Nope. I was up at 3am. Took a nap at 11am. Yeah..all messed up. I'll get straightened out by July. ;)

Jeff was here for a couple of weeks, and I got on a late night schedule and can't seem to change back. I'm wide awake at 2am and getting out of bed at 10:30. lol

This is also why I haven't been posting for a while. Quality family time. :)

OK - I'm 3 weeks into dieting...Monday will be 15 weeks out. Here's a pic. Be gentle - I woke up and went straight to the camera. Still have that puffy morning face.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Let's compare this to 14 weeks out last prep. lol

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm leaner by far, but have lost size. :( Something to work on next off season.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
...and the gardening. A few more weeks and I can plant! May 5ish is the date around here for safe planting (no more frost) - but I think I'll wait until after I get back from the NY Pro.

I do have my topsy turvey strawberry planter hangin' outside and it's doing well. My roses are budding, too. I have a peach tree that is hit or miss when it comes to fruiting. we get high winds this time of year and that blows off the blooms sometimes. I think this year I might have peaches! mmmmmmmmmm. My favorite fruit.

Sandpig
04-10-2010, 03:54 PM

That's ok, you'll get the size. But this hopefully will make for an easier prep.

Not that there is such a thing as an easy prep. ;)

sassy69
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
...and the gardening. A few more weeks and I can plant! May 5ish is the date around here for safe planting (no more frost) - but I think I'll wait until after I get back from the NY Pro.

I do have my topsy turvey strawberry planter hangin' outside and it's doing well. My roses are budding, too. I have a peach tree that is hit or miss when it comes to fruiting. we get high winds this time of year and that blows off the blooms sometimes. I think this year I might have peaches! mmmmmmmmmm. My favorite fruit.

Hot damn! I gotta look for that! I saw the tomato ones but wondered if there was something else! All I have is a patio for my plants so I can't get too crazy. I have one rose that has come up on my 3 plants that survived the winter last year. Of all my stuff, a bunch of snapdragons are going nuts. It looks like little pockets of field flowers on my patio.

sassy69
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM

This is the art of competition prep tho (off season included) - the QUALITY of your mass is a lot better and you've got a thicker base than you did last year as a result of last year. You never "lose" from a year of prep & cutting. I'm happily getting back some of the size I lost from literally 11 months of dieting last year.

I do believe its better to be in a lean position when you start prep so you don't end up doing a dramatic weight loss - it sucks and then you worry about coming in tight. I'm looking forward to your cut!

Ninja Loco
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Never really had a problem putting on quality size before, have you?

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Never really had a problem putting on quality size before, have you?

No, not really. I think I'm just discouraged because I'm still struggling from the shoulder injury and when I actually do shoulders, I can see that I've lost size on that shoulder. I hope when I diet down it's not too conspicuous. I'm working like made to rehabilitate without re-injuring myself.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 04:28 PM
This is the art of competition prep tho (off season included) - the QUALITY of your mass is a lot better and you've got a thicker base than you did last year as a result of last year. You never "lose" from a year of prep & cutting. I'm happily getting back some of the size I lost from literally 11 months of dieting last year.

I do believe its better to be in a lean position when you start prep so you don't end up doing a dramatic weight loss - it sucks and then you worry about coming in tight. I'm looking forward to your cut!

thank you - I'm quite excited, myself.

I dieted for 9 months in 07 and I understand what you're recovering from. I'm glad you decided to sit out your last show and just concentrate on being healthy. You just looked pooped.

Ninja Loco
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
You are still seeing that accupunturist, are you not? Or did you ever go? That shit saved us from all those ass beatings following the tournaments back in the day. Kept us together.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I ordered my competition suits today from Mishko. I'm wearing purple and as usual, will be stoning my night show suit. I just like doing my own - it keeps my mind and hands occupied during the later part of prep. Therapy.

$120 for 2 suits with the narrow booty cut and the top the way I like. I needs me some support in the boobage area.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
You are still seeing that accupunturist, are you not? Or did you ever go? That shit saved us from all those ass beatings following the tournaments back in the day. Kept us together.
no acupuncture. ??

What you talkin' bout, Willis? ;) lol

I was doing physical therapy for a couple of months, though.

Ninja Loco
04-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Accupuncture. Think about it. We got beat up, BAD sometimes. Throws and strikes can be fun as hell, so long as you're not on the receiving end. Next day Sifu put us back together with it. Sometimes it took a bit, but we were always ready by next fight.

But you know what DOESNT require accupuncture? The Ronnie Coleman. Gotta get back and finish talkin to Branch. He and I are the same height, BTW :) Peace, Querida!

AVBG
04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Geez your boobies are distracting..

2hot4u
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
sallyanne, i sent you a pm did you get it from me???

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 12:24 AM
sallyanne, i sent you a pm did you get it from me???

I just answered it! Sorry, Lisa. For some reason, I missed a whole page of PM's. ?? I'm losing it, I swear.

Lann1011
04-11-2010, 05:17 AM
I ordered my competition suits today from Mishko. I'm wearing purple and as usual, will be stoning my night show suit. I just like doing my own - it keeps my mind and hands occupied during the later part of prep. Therapy.

$120 for 2 suits with the narrow booty cut and the top the way I like. I needs me some support in the boobage area.

Do you have a link for the suits? me too on the boobage..

tammyp
04-11-2010, 06:37 AM
looking way leaner this time out sal! yey! 15 weeks to go..

Sandpig
04-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm losing it, I swear.

Wow! And the diet just started. ;)

GirlyMuscle
04-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey I was gonna order from Mishko this year too. Let me know how you like the suits. The narrow cut back...is that their pro style?

stephaniewicked
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey Sally! Wow, looks like you're off to a good start!! Looking really good there, lady!! :)

Melissa
04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Just popped in here and got caught up, Sal. I'm looking forward to following along. And you are definitely leaner starting out this year...like Sassy said, I wouldn't be discouraged with the loss of size. The quality of what you're holding seems to be much better than last year. Are you going to try to go MW this year? Good luck, and I'll definitely be lurking in here:)

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Just popped in here and got caught up, Sal. I'm looking forward to following along. And you are definitely leaner starting out this year...like Sassy said, I wouldn't be discouraged with the loss of size. The quality of what you're holding seems to be much better than last year. Are you going to try to go MW this year? Good luck, and I'll definitely be lurking in here:)

Yep - middles. I should have been a middle last year and just didn't make it.

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Do you have a link for the suits? me too on the boobage..

http://www.coachclass.net/

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey I was gonna order from Mishko this year too. Let me know how you like the suits. The narrow cut back...is that their pro style?

I went with what he calls the 'pro style' back - which is pretty damn narrow.

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 01:59 PM
looking way leaner this time out sal! yey! 15 weeks to go..

Dieting with ya! How are you feeling about all that muscle you put on? :banana:

tammyp
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
not sure yet...cant really see it yet...;)

janet kaufman
04-13-2010, 11:25 PM
you look really good girl! :yep:

Sledge
04-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Ok, I drop in here every day. I've seen cartoon pics, ninja pups, some short scantily clad lumpy chick pics taken a year apart. But not one pic of the garden!!

I only come here for gardening tips.

Ninja Loco
04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Brother aint that the truth. I had it bad from the getgo. Before I was born I was playing a round of Golf with Jesus and i hit a foul shot into the buttercups. That bearded bastard puffs his chest all authoratative says "no butter for you for life". So then I aim well away from them and damned if I dont hit right into the pussywillows.

SallyAnne
04-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Ok, I drop in here every day. I've seen cartoon pics, ninja pups, some short scantily clad lumpy chick pics taken a year apart. But not one pic of the garden!!

I don't have a garden yet, I have dirt. I can take pictures of my seedlings. Will that make you happy?

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Sledge likes baby plants. You should see him with his baby trees. His chest puffs up and his eyes get all misty...

Ninja Loco
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
He's a flora pedophile???

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
No, it's not sexual. It's more like a proud papa. I'm surprised he doesn't carry "baby" pics to show around.

Ninja Loco
04-14-2010, 02:16 PM
*starts to breathe easier*......... it just....started making me wonder.........what he was doin to that tree in his avatar.

GirlyMuscle
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Hugging it. In a paternal way.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I will take pictures of my baby plants today - just for sledge.

Last night, I went to the gym at 11pm and got home around 1 - sleep around 3. I'm still having problems getting to sleep at a decent hour and must be channeling Dave Palumbo with the late hours I'm starting to keep. Tonight I'm going to drug myself with somalyze and comatose.

Diet is going well - I am hella hungry on my no fat days, but found a new way (for me) to make egg whites that's yummy. I've been poaching them in chicken broth with a little soy sauce thrown in there. Sprinkle some cilantro on top and it's very egg drop soup like.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
...and weight is 149 as of last weekend.

Today I get fats! yay!

Ninja Loco
04-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Any idea how much protein is in that eggdrop soup of yours?

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Any idea how much protein is in that eggdrop soup of yours?

I'm allowed 10 egg whites 2x a day on no-fat days. 172 calories/36g protein in 10 egg whites. Low Sodium, fat free chicken broth has15 calories per cup, but I don't eat all the broth - just use it to poach the egg whites.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
It would be even yummier with a green onion sliced up in it.

That would add 10 calories/2g carbs.

Ninja Loco
04-15-2010, 03:10 PM
It sounds delicious.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:12 PM
It sounds delicious.

I can't eat plain egg whites - makes me gag. lol I LOVE them this way.

Ninja Loco
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Im gonna leave that alone......:D

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Im gonna leave that alone......:D

:wiggle:

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 03:16 PM
I get the Gaspari e-newsletter and I love the training videos they do. I'm going to do this back workout next week:

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/GaspariChannel/tabid/57/Default.aspx?fn=Dallas2009%2Fgn_3_back_training.fl v

Suzanne
04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I get the Gaspari e-newsletter and I love the training videos they do. I'm going to do this back workout next week:

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/GaspariChannel/tabid/57/Default.aspx?fn=Dallas2009%2Fgn_3_back_training.fl v

some cool stuff i love watching training vids and going ooooh that would be cool

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Yup! I just can't stand doing the same thing all the time.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
OK - I scanned in some older pictures of my garden. The pic with me/my son is the BIG garden I had.

The picture of mitch standing in front of a bunch of flowers is his first day of kindergarden - which was 4 years ago, so I guess we need some updated pictures. lol

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
He looks pretty devious in the 2nd one. lol I think he was 2.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
More pictures from this year.

Mitch and I take the dogs hiking as you know and we check out indian ruins and other cool stuff.

3 of my dogs:

golden retriever = harvey
great dane = kya
lab/pit cross = sweet pea

2nd to last one is mitch and jeff in mexico about a month ago.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:33 PM
For sledge - some of my plants. Seedlings and a hydro cucumber that I'm experimenting with.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
ok - one more and I'll stop boring you with family photos. lol

Mitch eating oysters for the first time in Mexico. I'm smirking because he's pretending how good they taste and in reality I think he choked them down. He ate 7 of them, though.

AVBG
04-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Cool pics

GirlyMuscle
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Love the pics. Mitch has more guts than me. I tried one raw oyster..once. No thanks.

So hydroponic....I'm kind of interested in learning how that works....

Sandpig
04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
ok - one more and I'll stop boring you with family photos. lol

Mitch eating oysters for the first time in Mexico. I'm smirking because he's pretending how good they taste and in reality I think he choked them down. He ate 7 of them, though.

Tough kid! I grew up with shellfish and could never eat that stuff. Especially raw. :no:

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Love the pics. Mitch has more guts than me. I tried one raw oyster..once. No thanks.

So hydroponic....I'm kind of interested in learning how that works....

That is Deep Water Culture, or bubble ponics. You fill the tub with water and hydro nutrients, put an air stone in the bottom to oxygenate the tub (attached to an air pump - bought them at walmart in the fish section) and that's really it.

I grew the plants from seed in grow cubes, then when they were big enough (with roots showing) I put them in net pots and filled the pots up with clay pebbles called hydroton. The roots grown into the tub and drink the nutrients.

GirlyMuscle
04-15-2010, 08:26 PM
How did you learn this? Is there a website that explains it? (google is my friend...I'll give it a whirl...lol)

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm also messing around with film nutrient technique, which means that you pump water from a resevoir into a pvc pipe so that it's constantly flowing through the pipe. You cut holes in the pipe to set the plants (in net post) in and the roots grow into the tube. The water constantly recirculates and there is air in the pipe, so you don't need to pump air into it.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
How did you learn this? Is there a website that explains it? (google is my friend...I'll give it a whirl...lol)

I've always been interested in hydro, so did a ton or research both at the library and online. I've been messing with hydro for several years now and I prefer it to soil. It's easier to control the fertilizer and make adjustments - and the plants are SO much healthier. You don't need to keep them indoors, either. You can run the system in your backyard. It also eliminates pests like grubs and hornworms that come out of the soil in regular gardening to attack your plants

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I have just discovered the most wonderful thing in the world. Walden Farms BBQ Sauce. Zero calories and damn does it make my chicken taste better.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/ui/prods/BBQ_sauce-main.jpg

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/sauce_bbq.html

Lann1011
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
...and weight is 149 as of last weekend.

Today I get fats! yay!

How many protein fat days are you doing vs the protein veggie days?

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
How many protein fat days are you doing vs the protein veggie days?

2/2

Ibarramedia
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Great stuff SallyAnne. :beerbang:

Sledge
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
For sledge - some of my plants. Seedlings and a hydro cucumber that I'm experimenting with.

Cool. I grew a hydro lettuce once. it got too about 4 foot tall. was cool.

SallyAnne
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Cool. I grew a hydro lettuce once. it got too about 4 foot tall. was cool.

I'm planting my garden in soil this year, but am seriously thinking of setting up a backyard hydro for next season.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 01:40 AM
REJOICE!

A new tanning/nail salon opened up a block away from the gym and they have brand new beds. I bought a months worth of tanning and spent 9 minutes in a standup that looked like a red rocket ship. Awesome. :ok:

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Today I planted 8 elephant ears and 10 hibiscus. They're all babies, so I made little covers for them out of 1 liter plastic bottles. It's still windy here and the temp at night is getting down around 37. Have to protect them!

We have a couple of giant cottonwood trees that are sending roots under the guest house. One of them sent up shoots to make a new baby tree, so I dug that sucker up and replanted it in the back yard. Same with one of my elm trees. Now I have 2 new trees for free!

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 01:46 AM
I've been contemplating my own level of bodyfat and how it is deposited on my bod. I carry mostly in the booty and hamstrings and a bit in the lower back. Of course - these are the places that the fat comes off last for me, and that contemplation made me think of figure competitors and the new, softer look the judges are going for. How in THE HELL do you get your body to evenly lose bodyfat??! Seriously - I lean out in the upper body with abs long before my ass is even close. How do figure girls keep that even deposit of fat all over?

Ninja Loco
04-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Heh heh heh......is Mitch trying to puff up next to Jeff??? Omg that would make me tear up if that were my son. Case in point I have a young 16 year old boxing student that had been stagnating because he is the best in the class. I brought over a former student who has since gone on to 5 fights to spar with him. He exposed his weaknesses and really put him in the dumps. I started working with him on those and constantly drilling him to the bone. One month later the other boxer comes back. This time MY boy - yes I said that - humbled him. I hugged him so hard I almost didnt let go. And he's 2 inches taller than me so yeah, I looked goofy. But I dont care. Thats my boy....

Excuse me. Couldnt help myself. So.......... hydro cucumbers; they get you stoned when you eat them or are they like regular cucumbers except on roids?

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Heh heh heh......is Mitch trying to puff up next to Jeff??? Omg that would make me tear up if that were my son. Case in point I have a young 16 year old boxing student that had been stagnating because he is the best in the class. I brought over a former student who has since gone on to 5 fights to spar with him. He exposed his weaknesses and really put him in the dumps. I started working with him on those and constantly drilling him to the bone. One month later the other boxer comes back. This time MY boy - yes I said that - humbled him. I hugged him so hard I almost didnt let go. And he's 2 inches taller than me so yeah, I looked goofy. But I dont care. Thats my boy....

Excuse me. Couldnt help myself. So.......... hydro cucumbers; they get you stoned when you eat them or are they like regular cucumbers except on roids?

Wouldn't that be great if you could get stoned eating cucumbers? lol Alas, mine are English cucumbers. No stonage.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:14 AM
...and Mitch love going to the gym and I think it will stick as he gets older. Right now his attention level is still that of a 10 year old, meaning his mind wanders if I have him in the gym too long. I do think he'll stick with it as he gets older, though.

Ninja Loco
04-17-2010, 02:18 AM
My nephews....they dont.......Ive tried, at their behest. Bought them the best mouth pieces, boxing gloves of real leather, real swords, real instruments - everything, but...... *sigh*

GirlyMuscle
04-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Joe, I thought one of your nephews was into lifting with you. Did that die out?

Ninja Loco
04-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Yup.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Some comedian in my household downloaded Rhinestone Cowboy onto my ipod and it came on yesterday while I was doing incline bench rows. lol I suspect it was my son - he has a sense of humor similar to mine and is the only other person in the house that even knows how to download anything.

I'm going to get him back, I just haven't figured out how yet.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
-p8wDhK5LyY&hl

Can you imagine? Thank god I wasn't doing squats.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I took pictures again this morning and can't really see a difference, but my weight is down 1.5 lbs. I'm losing slower this time, consistent 1.5 lbs a week - but my cardio is also only 50 minutes a day.

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
...and today is my cheat meal day and I have no idea what I want. I know I'm supposed to have one, but am not feeling it. Crazy, huh? Maybe I'll cook something 'mom-like' for my son. Tatertot casserole or mac n cheese. lol

tammyp
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
that sounds awesome! its good your not feeling like it, it means your satisfied w what your getting.

Sandpig
04-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Maybe I'll cook something 'mom-like' for my son. Tatertot casserole or mac n cheese. lolAnd just eat it with him.:)

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
that sounds awesome! its good your not feeling like it, it means your satisfied w what your getting.

imagine that. lol

SallyAnne
04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
And just eat it with him.:)

I will. :) He loves chocolate chip cookies, so I'll bake some of those, as well. I fee guilty during prep because he doesn't get all the home cooked meals I would usually make for him. I think I'll start turning my cheat meal into a treat for him, as well.

Sandpig
04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I will. :) He loves chocolate chip cookies, so I'll bake some of those, as well. I fee guilty during prep because he doesn't get all the home cooked meals I would usually make for him. I think I'll start turning my cheat meal into a treat for him, as well.

What a Mom. :yep:

GirlyMuscle
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Some comedian in my household downloaded Rhinestone Cowboy onto my ipod and it came on yesterday while I was doing incline bench rows. lol I suspect it was my son - he has a sense of humor similar to mine and is the only other person in the house that even knows how to download anything.

I'm going to get him back, I just haven't figured out how yet.

lmao! That's great!

sassy69
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Put "Its a Small World" on his iPod... over and over and over and over and over....

Ibarramedia
04-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Put "Its a Small World" on his iPod... over and over and over and over and over.... :lmao:

Ninja Loco
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I vote "Tiiiiiiiiime for Telletubbies, Tiiiiiiime for Telletubies" over and over and over.

SallyAnne
04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
He actually hates rap music, so I'm going to load him up with the most obnoxious rap music I can find.

SallyAnne
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Went hiking today! I'm all scratched up and sun burned, but it was fun.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm off this morning to the VA hospital. My dad has been there for the past couple of weeks. He flew in from the Philippines with some medical problems and now they're wanting to move him to a nursing home. As soon as he was hospitalized, he pretty much lost all his marbles and got goofy. :hypno: The nurses told me it was because they had him on oxygen, but the goofiness has not gone away and now they're telling me he has dementia. wtf?

I'm pretty sure my dad has a drinking problem - it's a long story but I've been though this with him before and when he gets dried out, he comes back to reality. I'm hoping that this is what's causing it this time, as well. If not, I'll just deal with whatever comes along.

So - I have an appointment with the director of the VA nursing him this morning. He can't stay there indefinitely, so we're going to figure out where he can go and how to pay for it. The VA will not cover expenses for a nursing home and my dad is broke, so that leaves me.

I'll keep you posted on his condition. I actually feel pretty ill after I visit him when he's goofy. :( It's hard to see my dad in this condition. Crazy, and wearing a diaper. fuck.

GirlyMuscle
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about that Sally. {{{hugs}}}

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about that Sally. {{{hugs}}}

thank you. :hugme:

Last i checked - nursing home for my dad - if he has dementia and needs full care - is about $2000 a month.

2hot4u
04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
ouch!!! god, i don't want to grow old.

stephaniewicked
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad! :( I can't even imagine... Geez, that's more than my rent! The things we do for the people we love. Good luck with everything!

Ninja Loco
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM
{{HUG}}......I have been there.....

R.I.P.
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
i have been there too. does he qualify for medicare? if so, i would sign up now. i recent ly went thru something similar. does he have an infection somewhere. infections can cause abnormal behavior,hallucinations etc. esp. in the elderly.

Suzanne
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
sorry bout your dad

will you make me tatortot casserole AND mac n cheese :yep:

sassy69
04-20-2010, 05:37 PM
That's such a tragic thing to watch and so .. wow, there just aren't words for it. +++ thoughts to you & dad for some good arrangements for everyone.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 05:44 PM
thank you, everyone. I just got back from the VA and am depressed. He's not all there, but there enough to hold a little bit of conversation. I talked to his social worker and he wants me to apply on my dad's behalf for assistance in paying for the care he needs. The problem with that is I don't have access to his finances and can't get them unless I apply for guardianship based on mental health. I would then be in charge of his finances and medical decisions. I can't get this done without a lawyer and that will cost me at least $3000. I have a paralegal friend I'm going to call and see what she would charge...

but this is plan b. I'm going back tomorrow to talk to him and ask him to give me access to his account just so that I can print out a bank statement. Today he was really crabby and quite rude to the nurses. I had to apologize for him all morning. lol He told me under no circumstances would he sign over any money to anyone to live in a damn nursing home - then in the same breath thanked me for coming to the Philippines to visit him. :hypno:

Yay.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
he does get social security and some disability - but no where near enough to cover anything...and he doesn't want to give this money up.

sassy69
04-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Do they have any advocates at the VA to help you deal w/ this?

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Do they have any advocates at the VA to help you deal w/ this?

That's what this social worker is supposed to do. He'll set up the appointment for me to apply for assistance for my dad and kind of guide me through it. he can't do anything though - until I get financial records. I honestly don't know if my dad will give them to me or not. He seemed rather distrusting today with me which was a new experience, but since he's a little woo-hoo out there, maybe tomorrow he'll be completely different.

If I can't get assistance for him, I can afford to pay for the nursing home - for a while. I'm just trying to figure out right now what the best course of action should be. He really isn't up to making any decisions for himself - but I feel weird asking the court for guardianship.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
sorry bout your dad

will you make me tatortot casserole AND mac n cheese :yep:

tatertot casserole sounds pretty damn good right now. lol comfort food.

musclemilf
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Sally -

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard to see a parent not all there and slipping away.

It's so important to do a durable power of attorney and a revocable trust (should you have assets) for your loved ones so they don't have to go through all of additional pain of getting to the bank accounts and following through on medical orders. Nolo press is a create resource.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
He doesn't have any assets - neither of my parents do. I'm actually taking care of both of them now.

musclemilf
04-20-2010, 06:19 PM
He doesn't have any assets - neither of my parents do. I'm actually taking care of both of them now.

You're an angel for taking this on for both of your parents. I mean that with sincerity.

I was referring to the rest of us doing a trust and durable power of attorney while we're still relatively young.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
You're an angel for taking this on for both of your parents. I mean that with sincerity.

I was referring to the rest of us doing a trust and durable power of attorney while we're still relatively young.

I have a trust set up for my son.

My mom is in relatively good condition for her age and lives in my guest house. It's a blessing to have her here, actually. I've never had to leave my son with a stranger or in public day care when I travel, and we've become a lot closer since she started living here.

musclemilf
04-20-2010, 06:28 PM
That's awesome you have mom with you to help with your son.

sassy69
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
^^ That's nice in so many ways.

Wetdawg
04-20-2010, 08:10 PM
he does get social security and some disability - but no where near enough to cover anything...and he doesn't want to give this money up.

Is this disability he receives VA Connected? If so, you need to find out what percent he has. Then you need to get a copy of his medical records when he was in the Military. You can put in paperwork to have his disability reevaluated and ANYTHING in his records that has gotten worse (such as ringing in the ears) can be added. Possibly get a greater percent for it, which would mean more money for him. There is a soldier/sailors home out there for this purpose, but i need to find more info on it and let you know. More to come.

Wetdawg
04-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Is this disability he receives VA Connected? If so, you need to find out what percent he has. Then you need to get a copy of his medical records when he was in the Military. You can put in paperwork to have his disability reevaluated and ANYTHING in his records that has gotten worse (such as ringing in the ears) can be added. Possibly get a greater percent for it, which would mean more money for him. There is a soldier/sailors home out there for this purpose, but i need to find more info on it and let you know. More to come.

Check this site and see if he qualifies:
http://www.afrh.gov/
http://www.afrh.gov/afrh/newres/elig/elig.htm

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I see I have been gone for a while, and missed something...

Sorry to hear about your father. Being so close to mine and having them around now, I can only imagine what I will be like if things start to happen to them.

SallyAnne
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM

no not military connected.

Wetdawg
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
no not military connected.

Well you could still request his records and go through them. If he had anything wrong while in service that bothers him now, he could get military connected for it. Its alot of paperwork and frustration, but in the end it could help.

SallyAnne
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Well you could still request his records and go through them. If he had anything wrong while in service that bothers him now, he could get military connected for it. Its alot of paperwork and frustration, but in the end it could help.

I'm doing the research today. Thank you for your suggestions - it means a lot to me when people reach out to help. :hugme:

I just got off the phone with my dad and he asked me to come visit, then asked me to bring "Rowena" with him. She's his' Philippino wife, so he must think he's still in the Philippines. lol eyeyeyeye. I'll be visiting him this afternoon, but he's just not all there and I think getting any info out of him will be tough.

SallyAnne
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Had a good back workout yesterday. I probably should be logging in my workouts. lol

Here are the exercises, anyway.

- incline 2 arm db rows (love these - I feel it right in the middle of my back + lats and they make me sore in places other back moves don't)
- bent over bb rows (head on a seat back for support)
- nautilus lat pulldown (pull down at a light angle rather than straight overhead)
- rack pulls
- reverse grip cable rows (standing on a block so I pull low to my stomach)

GirlyMuscle
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
- bent over bb rows (head on a seat back for support)

Interesting. I think I might try that.

SallyAnne
04-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Interesting. I think I might try that.

it takes the pressure of the lower back and isolates the movement. I can row with heavier weight without putting head on the seat back, but there's a lot more swing in the movement.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
it takes the pressure of the lower back and isolates the movement. I can row with heavier weight without putting head on the seat back, but there's a lot more swing in the movement.

I see what you are saying. How did you come across this fix for the movement?

SallyAnne
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I see what you are saying. How did you come across this fix for the movement?

I don't know. I've been doing them this way for a long time. Maybe Jeff? I do them both ways, though.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't know. I've been doing them this way for a long time. Maybe Jeff? I do them both ways, though.

Using that support though... did you find it to do a lot for your back growth?

SallyAnne
04-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Using that support though... did you find it to do a lot for your back growth?

In different ways. When I first started out, I did these because it makes your form more strict and helped me not use other muscle groups. Now that I have a good mind/muscle connection with my back, the bb rows without the support are a better move for thickness. The supported movement isolates a bit more and you don't get the total back workout from it.

It's good to change things up every once in a while, though. I haven't done them for almost a year, so the variation was nice.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
In different ways. When I first started out, I did these because it makes your form more strict and helped me not use other muscle groups. Now that I have a good mind/muscle connection with my back, the bb rows without the support are a better move for thickness. The supported movement isolates a bit more and you don't get the total back workout from it.

It's good to change things up every once in a while, though. I haven't done them for almost a year, so the variation was nice.

Sounds good. I can work these into my training.

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Yesterday was all around weird. We had a snow storm. I was in town visiting my dad and had to drive about 25 mph to get back home. Couldn't see a damn thing, the snow was so heavy. It's...almost May?

Did legs yesterday:

squats
sumos
machine press - one leg
standing calves
the butt machine
seated calves

...and tried a new hammy move I've never done before. The guy who runs the counter at my gym is really nice. In college and working full time, plus he works out every day on his lunch break, which is when I'm in there. Last week he was doing one legged stiff deads with a dumbbell, kicking the back leg out and up as he bent over. I had him show me the move yesterday and did 4 sets and my hammies are SORE today! YES!! I love learning new moves that work.

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Today I took my son to Goodwill so he could donate a bunch of clothes and toys. Went grocery shopping and then hit the gym!

Chest today:

bench press
reverse grip smith press
alternating incline db press
standing cable press
low cable fly
high cable fly

then cardio. I'm doing an hour a day right now. I really am enjoying the cardio - it gives me time to just...be. lol Hard to explain, but a little like mediation. I always feel centered and good when I'm done with cardio.

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Snow? In Arizona? In May? I would have thought you'd be closer to summer than me.

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Snow? In Arizona? In May? I would have thought you'd be closer to summer than me.

I'm at 5,000 feet, so we have similar weather to...where Dave lives, actually. I found this out because I'm going to NY in a couple of weeks and decided to check the weather. Almost exactly the same all year as it is here.

Weird, huh?

Even though we had all that snow, it didn't freeze last night, so my baby plants are OK! Whew! Today was sunny and 60.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM

Same question I was going to ask.

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I've been tanning now for a week and am happy to report that my bottom is all tanned up! :D lol I always feel better when I have a tan...

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Same question I was going to ask.

It's supposed to be in the 70's next week. Summer officially starts here about the 2nd week of May. Every year, we always have some bizarre weather the last part of April. People who have lived here for a while know not to plant their gardens until AFTER Mother's Day.

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Around here we call that last freak snow an "onion snow."

How's Dad?

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Dad is the same. He's grumpy because he feels like he's in prison - which in a way he is. They have him in the dementia ward which is a locked down section of the hospital for the crazies. He asked me to break him out. lolol

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
LOL

So he's still a little out there or is he coming around?

sassy69
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Last week he was doing one legged stiff deads with a dumbbell, kicking the back leg out and up as he bent over. I had him show me the move yesterday and did 4 sets and my hammies are SORE today! YES!! I love learning new moves that work.

1-legged SLDL / Romanian DL?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkbsN66lEOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkbsN66lEOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
comes and goes. I had a long talk with him while he was on the less crazy side yesterday and he told me he's just tired of fighting. My dad had cancer in 2000 and they told him he'd die. After his cancer went into remission, he had a heart attack and then a stroke - and came out of all of that still fighting. A few years ago he had Osteomyelitis - which is infection in his bones. I thought he was a goner for sure - but he fought that, too. He got better for a while and them up and moved to the Philippines - weird, but a whole other story. He came home a few weeks ago with a lot of swelling in his legs. We admitted him to the hospital and he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Now he has to wear oxygen full time. If they take it off him, he collapses. His body is no longer capable of processing and getting oxygen to his brain, which probably explains the crazies he's been having.

So...he's tired, and not sure he wants to fight anymore. I honestly can't blame him and told him I wasn't upset that he felt that way.

SallyAnne
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
1-legged SLDL / Romanian DL?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkbsN66lEOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkbsN66lEOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that's it! LOVE them, but have never done them before.

Ninja Loco
04-24-2010, 01:04 AM
So...he's tired, and not sure he wants to fight anymore. I honestly can't blame him and told him I wasn't upset that he felt that way.
Ai Querida...... :hugme:

stephaniewicked
04-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Wow, your dad really is quite the fighter! I'd imagine it's just as difficult to be the family going through that with him, as it was for him to experience it himself. He's lucky to have you there to help him during these times.

I like that 1-leg SLDL. Wish I had seen this before I did legs tonight. I'll try it when I do them again in a few days. Thanks!

SallyAnne
04-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow, your dad really is quite the fighter! I'd imagine it's just as difficult to be the family going through that with him, as it was for him to experience it himself. He's lucky to have you there to help him during these times.

I like that 1-leg SLDL. Wish I had seen this before I did legs tonight. I'll try it when I do them again in a few days. Thanks!

I do them on a step and hang the dumbell over the edge so I can get a longer stretch. I've also noticed that this move doesn't put a strain on my lower back like the standard RDL does...

SallyAnne
04-24-2010, 03:20 PM
...and I also hang onto something with the other arm for balance. lol

SallyAnne
04-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Went out to dinner with a hot date tonight - my son. We went to Olive Garden and it was probably one of the better dates I've ever been on. lol

I had...steak gorganzola fettuccine, but only ate about 4 bites of the noodles. I just couldn't get over what a huge carb/fat bomb it would be if I ate the whole thing. Besides, I was saving room for dessert, so packed my fettuccine up for my great dane who needs to gain some weight, anyway. I shared the chocolate gellato and those fried donut thingies with Mitch.

Workout today was arms:

curls in the prone position - I love these because they hurt a lot.
plate curls
high cable curls
one arm tricep pulldown
overhead dumbell press
kickbacks