PDA

View Full Version : semi-healthy burgers

mustng91
03-12-2010, 12:12 AM
So I've been making these lately because the grocery store has been having ridiculous sales on super lean (93/7) ground beef and ground chicken breast. I think they taste pretty good with either so here's the recipe.

-1lb lean ground beef or ground chicken breast
-2 tbspn diced jalapeno peppers (I use the canned diced jalapenos, way cheaper and still. good)
-1 strip uncooked bacon, diced in small pieces
-1 tspn mac nut oil (to help keep the burgers together since they're made with such lean meat)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and form into patties.

If I'm making these for a group of ppl that aren't super health freaks, I'll add a shot of jack daniels to the mix as well :)

Ironman19871
03-12-2010, 01:31 AM
I think I'll try this out. Thanks for sharing.

statenis33
03-12-2010, 03:47 AM
sounds really good. i finally found a place in my town that has mac nut oil, and i have everything else. these will be the first things i make with it. thanks bro!

amy13
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
stuffed grilled chicken burgers (fatless & carbless)

first get your trimmed chicken breast meat and place it in the food processor along with the seasonings of choice. We used chives, garlic and onion powder.

Next step is to make 2-3 oz patties - as thin as possible. Lay them out on a platter and "fill" with the centers of choice.
We used 1 slice of fat free cheddar, grilled onions, a drop of mustard and walden farms ketchup. The possibilities are endless though! Next time we are thinking to use sliced pickled jalepenos with fat free jack.

Next make the "lids" with the 2-3 oz chicken patty to match (will make a 4-6 oz burger) and squeeze the edges together to seal the toppings in.