PDA

View Full Version : home made instant oatmeal

needtogetaas
03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I値l layout the basic recipe idea first, and then I値l give you ways to tailor it to your tastes and needs.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup 1 minute oatmeal OR 1 cup regular oatmeal that has been blended in a blender
30 seconds
1 Ziploc bag
DIRECTIONS:
Put oatmeal and all ingredient in zip lock bag. When you are ready to eat just cook it the same way you would a instant oatmeal pack. Ether add boiling hot water of ad water and cook in the mic for a min.

You can store this for a month in advance;

Now let痴 do some add-ons. All you need to do is add the extra ingredients to the original basic recipe. They will all store the same way and you make it the same way.

So basically All you are doing is making your own instant oatmeal packs in advance. This is much more cost effective and more healthy too.

Strawberries and cream oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
3 Tbsp dried strawberries
1 Tbsp fat free sugar free vanilla pudding mix
シ serving of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
You can make any kind of dried fruit and cream flavor. Just sub the strawberries for what ever kind of dried fruit you like

Chocolate tropical blast oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
1 Tsp dried coconut flakes
2 Tsp dried bananas
2 Tps dried pineapples
1 Tsp fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix
シ serving of your favorite chocolate protein mix

Chocolate peanut butter crunch oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
1 Tsp crushed dry roasted peanuts
ス serving of your favorite chocolate protein powder
1 Tbsp fat free, sugar free butterscotch instant pudding mix

Peach cobbler oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp dried peaches
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Splenda

Fly ripple oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
1 Tbsp fat free, sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tsp sugar free instant Lime Jell-O mix

Instant raisin oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbp raisins
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp Splenda

Instant peanut butter raisin oatmeal
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp Raisins
1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tsp Splenda

Ok so now you must be getting the idea. This is a great idea with endless possibilities; you can use just about any dried good that you can think of to flavor your oatmeal. Dried fruits and nuts, fat free non dairy powder cream, Ovaltine, sugar free cocoa, etc. Be creative.

SallyAnne
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm.

needtogetaas
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm.
:D,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MikeS
03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
I値l layout the basic recipe idea first, and then I値l give you ways to tailor it to your tastes and needs.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup 1 minute oatmeal OR 1 cup regular oatmeal that has been blended in a blender
30 seconds
1 Ziploc bag
DIRECTIONS:
Put oatmeal and all ingredient in zip lock bag. When you are ready to eat just cook it the same way you would a instant oatmeal pack. Ether add boiling hot water of ad water and cook in the mic for a min.

You can store this for a month in advance;

Thanks! I did not know you could do that. This will come in handy when I jet to Egypt on holiday during my contest prep :eek:

hilly
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
i like oats with 1 scoop choc whey or mint choc whey with raisens, flaked almond, cinamon, splenda.

depending how i feel i will either add cold water or hot water both is tasty

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM
sweet thanks