PDA

View Full Version : Fat burners -- Dren

Suzy Brown
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
When do you all take fat burners -- certain # of weeks out? All the time? or just when ever you feel like you could use a boost? I haven't picked a show, and feel like my fat loss is on track, but also still feel like I could be doing more.

Anyone like Dren? I like the idea of mood enhancers. Does this make you feel speedy/ sweaty?

Would fatburners be better for a person who is many lbs over weight or someone who just needs to lose 5-10lbs?

chucksm00th
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
When do you all take fat burners -- certain # of weeks out? All the time? or just when ever you feel like you could use a boost? I haven't picked a show, and feel like my fat loss is on track, but also still feel like I could be doing more.

Anyone like Dren? I like the idea of mood enhancers. Does this make you feel speedy/ sweaty?

Would fatburners be better for a person who is many lbs over weight or someone who just needs to lose 5-10lbs?

Fat burners are good for anyone (unless they are morbidly obsese). They release free form fatty acids into the blood to be used as fuel. Some people dont like them becasue they either get jittery or feel it raises cortisol levels too much, again thats dose related IMO. As for Dren i havent tried it, however friends of mine liked it. Ive tried almost every fat burner and the two i found that are worth the money are HOT ROX extreme or Jet-Fuel.

I do hear wonders about Gasparis Mitotropin buts its always sold out on my site of choice.:D

Frosty
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I like Hot Rox but the Extreme one is too strong for me. If anything I would save it for getting off the last few lbs to get truly shredded. IMO if you're making solid progress and properly tracking your goal, save the money on the fat burner. Keep it for if progress stalls or to go from lean to shredded.

moosemeister
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
I agree - if you're losing bodyfat without them, then keep it that way.
The leaner you get the harder it becomes to get even leaner - that's when i bring the fat burners in. I love DREN - gives me a real boost and even makes the music in the gym sound better!

Mercury
03-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Fat burners are good for anyone (unless they are morbidly obsese). They release free form fatty acids into the blood to be used as fuel. Some people dont like them becasue they either get jittery or feel it raises cortisol levels too much, again thats dose related IMO. As for Dren i havent tried it, however friends of mine liked it. Ive tried almost every fat burner and the two i found that are worth the money are HOT ROX extreme or Jet-Fuel.

I do hear wonders about Gasparis Mitotropin buts its always sold out on my site of choice.:D

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I honestly don't know -- why are fat burners not good for the morbidly obese? Too hard on an already strained system?

Frosty
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Mercury Girl...that and there's just no need! Morbidly obese people will drop fat like crazy just by eating right. Why waste the money.

Mercury
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Mercury Girl...that and there's just no need! Morbidly obese people will drop fat like crazy just by eating right. Why waste the money.

I see... Thanks. :)

BigJD69
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Tried Dren didn't like it!!!

BudTheBuilder
03-10-2009, 07:43 PM
My friend used hydroxycut hardcore, and had a headache every day, was sick and had to stay home and even passed out. After she stopped she was fine.

AVBG
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Dren is an awesome product. So fricken strong, one cap a day.

Suzy Brown
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Tried Dren didn't like it!!!What didn't you like? Did it make you shakey?

I've done some thermogenics that made me crash so hard I started crying. I don't have time for that shit!! But Dren claims to make you happy and euphoric, so I thought maybe I'd give it a shot...

Youngguns
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I'd just do an ECA stack...

BigJD69
03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Dren gave me a weird feeling, made my body flush, racing heart!

jakester
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Took 1 as a boost today 40 mins before my leg workout.

Had an excellent session in the gym. Loads more energy than normal (leg day is end of the week).

Makes my stomach feel a tiny bit dodgy after but well worth it for the buzz.

Big Al
03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
I take Dren as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, love it!!! Really a lot of energy, good mood (almost like a club drug :)) and pretty good fatburner. I use 2 packs as a cycle (60 days). Last time lost about 12 lbs. The best fatburner though is Lipo6 (6X). I lost a little over 40lbs on it in about 12 weeks.

pittbull
03-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I LOVE DREN!! Its so convenient, only 1 pill for a 12 hour period. I never feel shaky, have plenty of energy and in a great mood, but it will make my stomach feel queesy sometimes, but nothing I cant deal with.

Frosty
03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Pop a ginger cap or two with it to reduce nausea.

Big Al
03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I LOVE DREN!! Its so convenient, only 1 pill for a 12 hour period. I never feel shaky, have plenty of energy and in a great mood, but it will make my stomach feel queesy sometimes, but nothing I cant deal with.
Actually it feels like you ate a moth ball. At least you get this kind of taste out of you stomach. Never ate a moth ball myself :D but it smells almost the same.

Suzy Brown
03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
OK I went into GNC (its local ~shrugs) and checked it out and dude told me its not for women, that the yohimbe will create test??? And then another said something about estrogen blockers... Anyone have a clue what the *highly trained prefessionals of GNC* might have meant?

I thought it was Halodrol that women shouldn't take??

Big Al
03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
have no idea... never heard of it. Better to ask Dave about it.

the mighty stu
03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
I've used Lipo6 in the past, and like it quite a bit. Still, for my money, I trust Hot Rox. Always gets results, and never really lose too much LBM while dieting on it.

S

figgy
03-18-2009, 10:15 PM
my boyfriend uses Dren and loves it. It makes him feel really jittery and he likes the feeling.

However, I have VERY sensitive to weigh-loss supps. Everything I have taken has made me sick; breathing very hard while sitting, severe anxiety, leads to asthma attacks, headaches, ect.

The only thing that I found that works for me is L-Carnitine first thing in the morning and Citrimax twice a day. Citrimax can't be found in stores so I have to order it online..it's fine withe me since I order everything online anyway..It doesnt make me jittery or feel sick. It works for me!

Mercury
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM
OK I went into GNC (its local ~shrugs) and checked it out and dude told me its not for women, that the yohimbe will create test??? And then another said something about estrogen blockers... Anyone have a clue what the *highly trained prefessionals of GNC* might have meant?

I thought it was Halodrol that women shouldn't take??

I could swear I've seen ads for Dren that show women advertising it.... :confused:

Suzy Brown
03-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Ya I'm thinking they confused it with Halodrol or SarmX or something...

http://www.dp76.com/images/b/28179.jpg

Suzy Brown
03-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I ordered it BTW. Right now I'm doing Green Tea extract, which is fine, no jitters or headaches or anything. Only 50g caffiene so no big dealio.

"Rodz"
03-23-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd just do an ECA stack...

What proportion is your aspirin, i have just been going with E-32 ( 4-8mg tabs) and 200mg caff

Ninja Loco
03-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Exactly, MG. I have two clients that I would classify obese, with one being morbidly so. Just eating right (no, I dont starve them) has made them drop fat that they couldnt drop just by using fat burners. They tried them before coming to me.

My personal "fat burner" of choice is VPX Meltdown. I use one cap a day just to keep my VO2 max up, not to lose fat. But the clients I have use it in that manner all love it too. No jitters, no headaches, no nothing. Just feeling positively young all day. And in some cases (yours truly :D) extra horny.

Ninja Loco
03-23-2009, 01:49 AM

You have your answer right there. There is no such thing. No, Im not kidding.

Mercury
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Exactly, MG. I have two clients that I would classify obese, with one being morbidly so. Just eating right (no, I dont starve them) has made them drop fat that they couldnt drop just by using fat burners. They tried them before coming to me.

My personal "fat burner" of choice is VPX Meltdown. I use one cap a day just to keep my VO2 max up, not to lose fat. But the clients I have use it in that manner all love it too. No jitters, no headaches, no nothing. Just feeling positively young all day. And in some cases (yours truly :D) extra horny.

Thanks, Ninja. :)

Ninja Loco
03-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Ninja. :)
You're welcome! Try it, you will see within a week if it's for you or not. If you buy it at most GNCs that have a return policy, or at any Vitamin Shoppe, you can return it for credit or a refund, so you're not out anything.

The thing about th Meltdown I like so much is that even if you use lower than the recommended dose you will still burn bodyfat. And you wont even "feel" it, if that makes sense.

MusclesMarinara
03-24-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm about to finish my first cycle of meltdown and I loved it. Never felt sick or anything... Thinking about dren or clenbutrx. Can't decide

natron
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
if you loved meltdown, why not stick to it???

Suzy Brown
03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Just popped my first Dren.

MusclesMarinara
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
if you loved meltdown, why not stick to it???

i was told by a few people that cycling fat burners works well.

Mercury
03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Just popped my first Dren.

Well, I'm interested to know how you like it and if it does anything for you, so keep us posted! :)

Suzy Brown
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Yesterday I felt totally sick to my stomach and slightly shakey/ nervous/ anxious. I kept thinking I'd need to throw up or "#2." I didn't sleep well either, tho it wasn't fitful... hard to describe. I took that first one at 1:30pm

Today I took one as soon as I woke, 7:45... and didn't really feel anything. I had a coffee as usual, but am trying not to over-caffeinate/ stimulate myself. I feel a little odd, kinda like on the green tea extract, but not shakey or anything like yesterday.

Suzy Brown
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm actually slightly yawny... feeling like maybe I'd want a Rockstar... Tingly in the back of my head, too... no euphoria...

Mercury
03-25-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm actually slightly yawny... feeling like maybe I'd want a Rockstar... Tingly in the back of my head, too... no euphoria...

Damn! I was really hoping for euphoria for you -- that's the best part! :D Maybe that part takes awhile to kick in...?

Suzy Brown
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I KNOW I was all amped about that. Maybe it takes a couple days to really kick in? O you just said that.

Mercury
03-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I KNOW I was all amped about that. Maybe it takes a couple days to really kick in? O you just said that.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... :D

prettymuscles
03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I've never used any fat burners during my fat loss since i was able to lose without them and i'm cheap too lol.. I only tried fat burners for the first time 2 years ago and then for a contest prep I have tried an ephedrine based fat burner. Total weight from 2002 to 2007 - 75lbs :D

Suzy Brown
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Good job Nancy!

Day 3 and I'm not feeling speedy, or euphoric. I did notice getting yawny early yesterday, but not able to sleep super well (not super badly tho either, so...)

Truth be known I'm hoping to jump start the hub's metabolism. He's got some lbs to lose and is resisting doing more cardio. Weights alone is a start but I thought maybe if we added these in he could get some more energy and gumption. Probably a pipe dream but what the hay... Less than $20 I think I paid for the box...

Suzy Brown
03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
OK today I messed up. I took the Dren first thing, and my other supps, and then still felt really tired & thirsty, so when I got to the gym I drank half a Speed Stack really quickly and almost couldn't finish my workout because I thought I was going to yak, WAY over stimulated.

I ate a protein bar hoping that would settle my stomach but it didn't work. I was desperate because I have to be at work all day, and not look/ act insane, or have my head in the toilet, so I resorted to a bunch of carbs (small bag of salty chips, my hangover-nausea cure) to calm me down. ~broke my diet!~ :( :(

LANCE SPENCER
03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
if u have a few to loose go for the fiber,people just dont get enough in pissing herbs are also a good thing...

Mercury
03-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Good job Nancy!

Day 3 and I'm not feeling speedy, or euphoric. I did notice getting yawny early yesterday, but not able to sleep super well (not super badly tho either, so...)

You know, I'm wondering if "euphoric" is their advertising catch word for "sleepy"? I mean, I think of euphoric as happy and energentic. Maybe they think of it as mellowed out. Who knows. I really wish you felt euphoric, though!

OK today I messed up. I took the Dren first thing, and my other supps, and then still felt really tired & thirsty, so when I got to the gym I drank half a Speed Stack really quickly and almost couldn't finish my workout because I thought I was going to yak, WAY over stimulated.

I ate a protein bar hoping that would settle my stomach but it didn't work. I was desperate because I have to be at work all day, and not look/ act insane, or have my head in the toilet, so I resorted to a bunch of carbs (small bag of salty chips, my hangover-nausea cure) to calm me down. ~broke my diet!~ :( :(

I would consider the chips emergency medical treatment and not sweat it too much. ;)

buffmaxwell
03-30-2009, 04:53 AM
clenbuterol or cytomel (T3)

JohnnyMuscles
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I took the Dren really didn't feel that much. I was expecting to be on the roof after taking it but that didn't happen. When I mixed it with 2 Xenadrine RFA-1 I did have a great workout afterwards though!

oklahomeskillet
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I take fat-burners for energy while I'm on my diet...

Meltdown is the best I've tried...no shakes or jitters, I feel like I could bench press a bus all day, and I don't crah. Dren made me shaky, so that's a no-go. Lipo 6 doesn't last very long and I crash HARD. Universal Zero G is pretty good, the only negative for me is that it makes me sweat. MAP Arson is a complete waste of money.

stephaniewicked
06-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I took the Dren really didn't feel that much. I was expecting to be on the roof after taking it but that didn't happen. When I mixed it with 2 Xenadrine RFA-1 I did have a great workout afterwards though!

I just started taking it a few days ago and that's pretty much what I'm thinking/feeling. I don't feel it at all... I'm not very sensitive to fat burners, but usually when I try something new I can feel it doing something... not this one though. I spent the $30 on the box though and I'm not one to give up so easily, so I'll finish it up and see what happens. Part of me wants to break the "no more than one within 12 hour" rule, but the other part of me doesn't want to take the risk of ignoring the instructions... lol.

I'm really curious to try clenbutryx as well... I saw a thread on here that made it sound like it was pretty potent.