PDA

View Full Version : Neti Pot - anyone ever use this??

stephaniewicked
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
So I've been battling this cold/sinus/allergy thing for two days and I feel like crap. I've been drinking thermaflu and I took sudafed earlier today, but of course, all these things are temporary solutions - if they even work at all.

I've heard alot of things about this neti pot, but never actually used one. I just watched a demo on youtube and it doesn't seem as painful or torturous as I would imagine putting saline solution through one's sinus cavity would be. It's supposed to work wonders and I would really friggin' like to feel normal again. I can't breathe, I have head pressure, watery eyes, etc. Is this thing worth using and if so, how does it feel? I remember what it's like to get water up my nose in the pool and I really don't want to unnecessarily torture myself if it isn't worth it...

Youngguns
03-14-2010, 10:43 PM
It's weird but not that bad, and if it works how happy will you be, try it.

stephaniewicked
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Soooooo friggin' happy. I'm just apprehensive about sticking liquid up my nose. I just took a sudafed pm so I may evaluate how I feel in the morning and consider going to get one... I just wanted to hear first-hand experiences, if anyone has tried it. Thanks!

Youngguns
03-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Screw sudafed. Chemicals are not the answer! Try mega dosing vitamin C, 5-10 grams throughout the day, as well as the neti pot right in the morning/ afternoon and night.

Thefuture
03-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I just got done using my netti pot, I love it to be honest. I mean I still take thermaflu and sudafed sometimes but the nettipot works really well. Just make sure that you really seal the hole in your nose with it and then really put your head on an angle. If you dont do those things it will run down your throat and really make things worse.As long as you follow the instructions , I think you will love it.

spritz0
03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Soooooo friggin' happy. I'm just apprehensive about sticking liquid up my nose. I just took a sudafed pm so I may evaluate how I feel in the morning and consider going to get one... I just wanted to hear first-hand experiences, if anyone has tried it. Thanks!
I had problems with allergies for years until I started taking MSM every day, take 2 or 3 a day. You'll remember MSM from it's addition to Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM... it's a very potent natural anti-inflammatory and it has completely shut down my allergy issues! (I ALSO agree with YoungGuns and the Vitamin C, you should regularly take a lot more as you probably are using a lot more than you think, some people are chronically low!)

BigJD69
03-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I have been suffering with sinus issues for years, have heard about the Neti Pot but never used it. I use saline spray 3-4 times a day to keep my passages clear and it works pretty good for me!

jlgiller
03-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I had problems with allergies for years until I started taking MSM every day, take 2 or 3 a day. You'll remember MSM from it's addition to Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM... it's a very potent natural anti-inflammatory and it has completely shut down my allergy issues! (I ALSO agree with YoungGuns and the Vitamin C, you should regularly take a lot more as you probably are using a lot more than you think, some people are chronically low!)

It's actually Vit. D that you need if you don't believe me PM triceptor.
Also the netti pot is great!

Youngguns
03-15-2010, 12:40 AM
You need every vitamin but you can OD on Vit D, while vit C is water soluble so you need to constantly ingest it!

jlgiller
03-15-2010, 01:07 AM
You need every vitamin but you can OD on Vit D, while vit C is water soluble so you need to constantly ingest it!

True but I didn't say take a whole bottle of vit D.

The Big Sexy
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Shit, I thought this thread was about pot.

cat
03-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Shit, I thought this thread was about pot.

It is. It's about my Aunt Nettie the toker.:hypno:

tammyp
03-15-2010, 06:13 AM
love my nettie pot. it was my saving grace after my nasal sugery.

stephaniewicked
03-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, Lou! :p

Thanks, everyone... I'll take all those suggestions into consideration. Appreciate it!

LisaRD23
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
You also try steaming some Eucalyptus and Tea Tree oil. Just bring water to a boil, crush some eucalyptus leaves and add 1-2 drops of pure tea tree oil. Put a towel over your head to cover yourself and the pot. breath in the steam for 5-10 min.

Try to do it about 3xs a day. if your at work all day, do it in the morning, when you get home, and again before bed.

data
04-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I use one on a regular basis for my sinuses and it works great. Takes some getting use to but just try to relax and everything comes out when you blow your nose.

Pink!ron
04-20-2010, 06:12 AM
i just used a neti pot for the first time this past weekend...i was hesitant to use it too, but surprisingly it worked really well...i used it at the first sign of post nasal drip, and i think it kept me from getting really congested. it took a little getting used to (water going in through one nostril and out the other....weird), but i'll be using it from now on any time i get a cold. just remember to breathe thru ur mouth when you do it!

walrus
04-29-2010, 09:21 AM
A nasal douche is much easier and quite effective, I have done it for years: kneel on floor with head between knees, put saline in nose (breathing through mouth, clearly), allow saline to penetrate sinuses for as long as is comfortable, then sit up, blowing out through your nose to clear it. Put a towel under your head, cos it can be a bit messy (heh!). It feels great afterwards. I am sure the neti pot works fine though, but it looks more complicated to me

R.I.P.
05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Neti rules