PDA

View Full Version : uneven arms

mareck
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
i need some advice on how to even out my arms. the only difference between the two is that my right(dominant) arm has a bigger bicep and forearm. i don't want my left tricep to grow bigger than my right one because then i'll be back at the same problem. any advice is greatly appreciated

FinishFirst
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
it's prob. all in your head man unless let's say your intentionally working that certain bodypart

MattPT88
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Its usual to see a difference in bodyparts. Most people are not 100% balanced. If you measure your arms what is the difference between them?

PYGMY
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I have the same problem. Like Matt said, most people do. Comes with using your dominate side more when doing shit. I think mine stems from too many lonely nights during my single days.

Most will recommend doing all your arm exercises unilaterally. Others might also suggest doing less sets with the stronger arm until they are even. And then again they're some people that may tell you to work the weaker arm twice a week with a heavy day for one session and a lighter day for the other. Even crazier motherfuckers will tell you to wack the smaller arm up with some synthol.

I have no idea which method would work best for you.

mareck
03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
thanks. my right arm's 13 inches and my left arm's 12.5 inches. not that big, but hey i'm 15 what can you expect. i'll try working my left arm twice a week. i don't want to try anything that can keep me from football or powerlifting for my school.

MattPT88
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh your only 15! Treat your arms as equals and with time itll even out, dont train the smaller one harder or more frequently. Im a personal trainer and do a lot of measurements on individuals as well as myself. Almost every person Ive done this on has an arm difference of .25 or .5 inches. Keep working and itll even it out. Its probably a mind game too and probably isnt noticeable to others.

powergraham
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
half an inch is nothing to fret over. It won't be noticable to 99% of people.

However, the first thing I would check is form. I found that I would get more of a pump on one side, my left, when doing bicep curls, and when I stopped and looked at the left side and right side as two individual exercises, I wasn't supinating my right wrist as much as my left. I evened that, and now have a better pump. Just check odd little things like that, and that should stop one arm going well above another.

s2h
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
i need some advice on how to even out my arms. the only difference between the two is that my right(dominant) arm has a bigger bicep and forearm. i don't want my left tricep to grow bigger than my right one because then i'll be back at the same problem. any advice is greatly appreciateddo all unilateral movements!

mareck
03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh your only 15! Treat your arms as equals and with time itll even out, dont train the smaller one harder or more frequently. Im a personal trainer and do a lot of measurements on individuals as well as myself. Almost every person Ive done this on has an arm difference of .25 or .5 inches. Keep working and itll even it out. Its probably a mind game too and probably isnt noticeable to others.

thanks i'll be sure to work them evenly then and i'll also check my form on both of my arms like powergraham said

mareck
03-20-2010, 01:49 AM
i just remeasured and my right arm's 13.5 inches and my left arm's 12.5 inches

FinishFirst
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
its overtaining then.

joe d
03-21-2010, 08:21 AM
i wouldnt worry about that issue right now. it will likely change over time with no direct effort.

FinishFirst
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
when you hit 16 close to 17 start worrying then

anabolic fyre
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
never work out 1 arm more then the other, cause then you'll just make it worse by overdevoloping a completely different part of ur bicep and you'll look worse. I made this mistake lol.

FinishFirst
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
act human