PDA

View Full Version : Doing a show

BIGTIG
03-17-2010, 12:38 AM
hey guys,
so ive decided tofile:///C:/Users/Brian/Desktop/image.jpg do a show in the near future. here's a pic of me now. Can anyone tell me what i need to work on the most to be successful. i know my diet has to change but thats pretty much all i know

jack08son
03-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Well, you can't really tell much about what you need to work on from your picture. Since you admitted you only know your diet has to change why not educate yourself about dieting a little bit atleast. There is plenty of information on this site, these boards and the internet to get a pretty good idea about how to diet.

AVBG
03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
You'll only be "spinning your wheels" until you get some serious mass on.. Train for a further 2-3 years before considering competition.. Get your diet right 100 percent of the time and you'll then capitalize on the decent gains..right now, any thought of competition is only holding you back.

tight booty
03-17-2010, 07:25 AM
You'll only be "spinning your wheels" until you get some serious mass on.. Train for a further 2-3 years before considering competition.. Get your diet right 100 percent of the time and you'll then capitalize on the decent gains..right now, any thought of competition is only holding you back.

Good advice Alex! ;)

stick-man230
03-17-2010, 08:03 AM

I'd have to disagree with this statement in actuality. I think you are at a stage now, where you can be competitive within the next year IF you know how to train and diet properly. You should definitely look at creating phases for your training so that you can experiment with different styles all the while growing and conditioning the mass that you are building. The rule of thumb is to consume 1-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and 2-3 grams of carbs per pound. Keep things simple in the gym and just keep focused and you can be competitive in a relatively short period of time.

AVBG
03-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd have to disagree with this statement in actuality. I think you are at a stage now, where you can be competitive within the next year IF you know how to train and diet properly. You should definitely look at creating phases for your training so that you can experiment with different styles all the while growing and conditioning the mass that you are building. The rule of thumb is to consume 1-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and 2-3 grams of carbs per pound. Keep things simple in the gym and just keep focused and you can be competitive in a relatively short period of time.

You're tripping, if you can't see that he doesn't have the mass to get on any bodybuilding stage then you're doing him a disservice.

Lann1011
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Even in the lightest class novice? *I don't know how old he is, so teen maybe?

BIGTIG
03-17-2010, 09:00 PM
even in the lightest class novice? *i don't know how old he is, so teen maybe?

i'm 22!!!!!!!!

s2h
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
You'll only be "spinning your wheels" until you get some serious mass on.. Train for a further 2-3 years before considering competition.. Get your diet right 100 percent of the time and you'll then capitalize on the decent gains..right now, any thought of competition is only holding you back.ya for sure,and when you do reachthat point were your ready to compete find a god prep coach and pay the money for the help,you wont regret it!

s2h
03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd have to disagree with this statement in actuality. I think you are at a stage now, where you can be competitive within the next year IF you know how to train and diet properly. You should definitely look at creating phases for your training so that you can experiment with different styles all the while growing and conditioning the mass that you are building. The rule of thumb is to consume 1-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and 2-3 grams of carbs per pound. Keep things simple in the gym and just keep focused and you can be competitive in a relatively short period of time.unless he's 5'3' i dont see it possibble at all!

AVBG
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Exactly.. Keep at it, bigtig.. Unless you have a burning desire to get on stage, use the next couple of years wisely.

BIGTIG
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
im 6 feet. Ok thanks guys. i went to a supplements store in my area, and the guy there was telling me to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. is there a more cost efficient way to gain more mass?

s2h
03-18-2010, 06:26 AM
im 6 feet. Ok thanks guys. i went to a supplements store in my area, and the guy there was telling me to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. is there a more cost efficient way to gain more mass?food,try concrete creatine,quality whey(no cheap shit),post work out shake (torrent) get a solid 7-8 meal plan a day.Stay away from pro-hormones.Train hard!

sassy69
03-18-2010, 01:40 PM
food,try concrete creatine,quality whey(no cheap shit),post work out shake (torrent) get a solid 7-8 meal plan a day.Stay away from pro-hormones.Train hard!

Add to that mix:

Consistency, recovery, no booze and time! I'm guessing you're at your peak in terms of natural test production (i.e. at the peak of your youth) so you don't need to be messing around w/ the chemicals. The best gift you can give yourself is a solid base of muscle and knowledge /execution of your core lifts (squat, push, pull) with perfect form. Pushing the heavier weights w/ poor form will only lead to early joint & tendon problems (don't worry they come soon enough, you don't want them earlier than you need them). Tight form and consistency will get you what you need. Don't rush it and don't get impatient if you don't feel you're growing "fast enough". Your body also needs time to accommodate the mass you do gain so that not only the muscle is strong, but also the infrastructure that supports it - your joints & tendons. Those are usually the weaker link in the chain and take longer to be able to support the mass you gain / the weight you can pull / push. But once you build it all up, it's yours for life. That is your foundation for muscel maturity as you continue.

s2h
03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Add to that mix:

Consistency, recovery, no booze and time! I'm guessing you're at your peak in terms of natural test production (i.e. at the peak of your youth) so you don't need to be messing around w/ the chemicals. The best gift you can give yourself is a solid base of muscle and knowledge /execution of your core lifts (squat, push, pull) with perfect form. Pushing the heavier weights w/ poor form will only lead to early joint & tendon problems (don't worry they come soon enough, you don't want them earlier than you need them). Tight form and consistency will get you what you need. Don't rush it and don't get impatient if you don't feel you're growing "fast enough". Your body also needs time to accommodate the mass you do gain so that not only the muscle is strong, but also the infrastructure that supports it - your joints & tendons. Those are usually the weaker link in the chain and take longer to be able to support the mass you gain / the weight you can pull / push. But once you build it all up, it's yours for life. That is your foundation for muscel maturity as you continue.your like my wife you always word things better!

BIGTIG
03-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Add to that mix:

Consistency, recovery, no booze and time! I'm guessing you're at your peak in terms of natural test production (i.e. at the peak of your youth) so you don't need to be messing around w/ the chemicals. The best gift you can give yourself is a solid base of muscle and knowledge /execution of your core lifts (squat, push, pull) with perfect form. Pushing the heavier weights w/ poor form will only lead to early joint & tendon problems (don't worry they come soon enough, you don't want them earlier than you need them). Tight form and consistency will get you what you need. Don't rush it and don't get impatient if you don't feel you're growing "fast enough". Your body also needs time to accommodate the mass you do gain so that not only the muscle is strong, but also the infrastructure that supports it - your joints & tendons. Those are usually the weaker link in the chain and take longer to be able to support the mass you gain / the weight you can pull / push. But once you build it all up, it's yours for life. That is your foundation for muscel maturity as you continue.

cool so does this mean i dont need supplements, cuz that would be great for my wallet!!!

AVBG
03-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Get your diet / meals right and you won't need to supplement, get it?

sassy69
03-19-2010, 01:02 AM
cool so does this mean i dont need supplements, cuz that would be great for my wallet!!!

Maybe protein mix to support your protein intake (primarily a convenience), creatine, and a good multi-vitamin. Protein will always be your best anabolic.

toymr2trd
04-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd have to say basic solid foods gets you the great protein source but a good protein shake wont hurt. Just don't go depending on them too much. Read up on the boards and find the mass diet that you're looking for and shedding diet for later.... read read read is the key and stay focused as all the greats above have posted. I was thinking of competing recently but I see lack in areas that I need and honestly it's not easy but you can do it just stay focused. Helps to have trainer / someone at home if married to give you support. You'll need it.

Good luck.

emerald muscle
07-02-2010, 09:55 AM
make whole,quality foods your big expendature bro, theres really no need for anything but a good quality whey isolate and creatine mono.Whats in ur fridge is 70% of the battle!

miamibodybuilder
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
first listen to avbg man, you definitely need to put on lots of mass before you get on stage. from the pic we can obviously see that you're carrying a lot of bodyfat on you and if you where to diet down you really wouldnt have much muscle left to show for it man. we're not trying to be mean, it's just the reality of this sport. you need muscle to beat muscle. spend the next 6-12 months gaining serious mass with a good clean off-season diet and then depending on the gains you've made, consider doing a show then. you didnt post your age but i can tell you right now, that if you enter any OPEN division, they're going to eat you alive man. and the last thing you want at your first show is to get your butt whipped for not being properly prepared. if i was you, i'd look for a good coach to watch you for an off-season and go from there. a really great one is ERIC BROSER. look him up and check his track record, if not, go to www.naturalfreakworld.com and find him there. good luck and take this is constructive criticism.