PDA

View Full Version : 50 yr old looking for answers!

flklobe
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Big time GH user for the last 7yrs. The first 4 yrs I had a direct line to China for the Gentropin, the last 3 yrs I have been getting it under doctors care, the Nordtropin pin. My desire at the time was for its fat burning capabililties first, then for muscle growth. My question is this, I have an extreme bloat in my abdominal area, likes it internal because my abs are showing. At first I thought I had a digestion problem, so went thru all the tests needed and found no problem other than my gall bladder a little off. I keep myself cleaned out thru fiber use but still get this incredible bloat sometimes after eating. Have I got an distended stomach due to the GH use? Is there another reason? I have BB most of my adult life but I have never experienced nothing like this?? Please help

Thanks

Mac
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome to RX. I am surprised by your question.

You took GH for 7 yrs. but was not aware of its side effects?

The Thinker
03-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I've heard anecdotally that GH causes bloat when taken in high dosages over an extended period of time. Since you you've established that you have used for an extended period of time, can you provide a summary of the dosages you have been taking over time. I assume the doctor was less aggressive and you increased the dose when you went off on your own.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
A highly unusual self intro on to this Forum...never the less we are Brothers of Iron and here to help where we can...

see 2nd to last paragraph.
http://www.somatropin.net/bodybuilding.htm

Baldie

esplendido
03-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Unless you were morbidly obese, how did you get a doctor to prescribe GH for this period of time?

esplendido
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
A highly unusual self intro on to this Forum...never the less we are Brothers of Iron and here to help where we can...

see 2nd to last paragraph.
http://www.somatropin.net/bodybuilding.htm

Baldie

That site is not the official site for the drug. It has been put up by those wanting to sell GH to bbers, so the info there is slanted to make it look entirely safe.

I have and do use GH. I have had it prescribed by a life extension clinic and it's real, pharm grade GH. My off season dosage is 4IU and prep dose in the 6-8IU range. Here are the sides I've noticed, as well as a few others I know have noticed:

Stiffness in small joints, in particular hands and knees.
Water retention, in general
High blood pressure (due to water retention)

Other sides mentioned, but I haven't experienced: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

I will say that, although the distended bellies in BBing have shown up since GH use began, 2 other factors are being overlooked.

First, the copious amount of food it takes to keep up with a GH/Insulin-fueled metabolism. The weight of top bbers has gone up 20-30lbs on average since the intro of GH/insulin. The digestive organs would have to grow to deal with 8-10,000cals/day of consumtion.

Second is the use of insulin in conjunction with GH. Insulin will and does create a lot of fat if used improperly, and still creates some fat when done right. Insulin, too, allows an indiscriminate choice of foods because, with GH, metabolizes fat rapidly. Many bbers do not eat clean because of this.

Is it possible that GH can enlarge organs? If it can do so with muscle, why not other soft tissue? But the jury is out. However, it seems that this might be the case here.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-17-2010, 05:50 PM
As usual Rick...you are THE man. I agree on the 'why not'. Why not the peritoneum? Thats my take.....

http://chestofbooks.com/health/body/massage/Handbook-Of-Anatomy-For-Students-Of-Massage/images/Fig-46-The-Peritoneum.png

Baldie

flklobe
03-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hit the message board running ! My first 4 yrs the dosage never exceeded 2iu's and advice came from the very doctor I get it from now. I never abused it I don't think, but now looking back maybe I should have approached a different way. But I believe I got off track from my real problem and that is the bloating. It probably is not even remotely related to GH. I just thought of possibly my problem WAS related to GH use. My bloating is a mystery which no doc has found the problem. I have had upper GI, lower colonoscopy, gall bladder test yet each time I eat I look pregnant . Hope everyone can follow my thought process on this! But I need help!I have never been obese.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Were you tested for hypothyroidsim?

Baldie

flklobe
03-17-2010, 08:53 PM
yes I was tested for hypothyroidism

esplendido
03-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm assuming here that your doc is an age management Dr.? Otherwise, why are you prescribed GH?

2IU is too low to cause bloat. But an MRI will reveal whether or not your organs are enlarged....which is anecdotally noticed in GH users....

Mac
03-18-2010, 06:25 AM
2IU is too low to cause bloat.

He mentioned that was his dosage for the first 4 years but he did not say what it was the following 3.

He doesn't mention his size, as 2IU for me is considerable more than it would be for you Rick [ since you equal almost 2 of me ].

I would think the MRI is needed to give a more definitive answer.

axioma
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
That site is not the official site for the drug. It has been put up by those wanting to sell GH to bbers, so the info there is slanted to make it look entirely safe.

I have and do use GH. I have had it prescribed by a life extension clinic and it's real, pharm grade GH. My off season dosage is 4IU and prep dose in the 6-8IU range. Here are the sides I've noticed, as well as a few others I know have noticed:
I stay in the 2iu range and 4-6iu prep dose

Stiffness in small joints, in particular hands and knees.
Water retention, in general
High blood pressure (due to water retention) YES

Other sides mentioned, but I haven't experienced: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Yes, when I drop dose and lose some water

I will say that, although the distended bellies in BBing have shown up since GH use began, 2 other factors are being overlooked.

First, the copious amount of food it takes to keep up with a GH/Insulin-fueled metabolism. The weight of top bbers has gone up 20-30lbs on average since the intro of GH/insulin. The digestive organs would have to grow to deal with 8-10,000cals/day of consumtion. Agreed, everytime I tried adding carbs, I would bloat or if the fiber intake was high for the constipation from all the protein.

Second is the use of insulin in conjunction with GH. Insulin will and does create a lot of fat if used improperly, and still creates some fat when done right. Insulin, too, allows an indiscriminate choice of foods because, with GH, metabolizes fat rapidly. Many bbers do not eat clean because of this.

Is it possible that GH can enlarge organs? If it can do so with muscle, why not other soft tissue? But the jury is out. However, it seems that this might be the case here. Yes, however he should get some relief when he goes off, right? Also, is he doing anything else? Seems like a combo of GH and AAs seems more likely to do it?

flklobe
04-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Guys, thanks for all of your imput to trying to give me a solution to my problem! I knew this was the best message board to be a member of!!

As to my problem....went to another doctor who felt my gall bladder was the issue here,sent me in for a PAINFUL test on my gall bladder ( which I had done before) where they inject into an IV a drug that contracts the gall bladder, well since mine was borderline of shutting down it was extremely painful. The tests showed my GB was producing at 33%, not good, so it needs to come O-U-T !!! Went to a surgeon who is good with this type of surgery and he told me that all of the BLOATING I have experienced is due to the improper function of my GB and the sick feeling after eating is it as well!!! He told me that when it comes out I will feel 100% better!!!! Can't Wait!! Surgery is Monday morning!!!

Hammerfit
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Guys, thanks for all of your imput to trying to give me a solution to my problem! I knew this was the best message board to be a member of!!

As to my problem....went to another doctor who felt my gall bladder was the issue here,sent me in for a PAINFUL test on my gall bladder ( which I had done before) where they inject into an IV a drug that contracts the gall bladder, well since mine was borderline of shutting down it was extremely painful. The tests showed my GB was producing at 33%, not good, so it needs to come O-U-T !!! Went to a surgeon who is good with this type of surgery and he told me that all of the BLOATING I have experienced is due to the improper function of my GB and the sick feeling after eating is it as well!!! He told me that when it comes out I will feel 100% better!!!! Can't Wait!! Surgery is Monday morning!!!

I have not taken GH but I had my GB taken out recently and it solved many issues. I walked around with GB stones for months before finally being hospitalized w pancreaitize resulting from the stones inflamation. It wwwwwwwwwwwwwill get rid of your bloatness. the GB process fat so if it is not functioning it will cause all kind of problems Good luck w the surgery!

flklobe
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Gall Bladder is GONE!!! even though I'm sore from the surgery, I feel so much better physically, and HAMMERFIT the bloatness is slowly going away!!!Thank you!!

Question: Now when I recover from this surgery will I have to change the way I diet? I was doing Dave's keto diet will that be hard to do since the diet is a med. fat diet?Or will it matter?

Mac
04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery and already are feeling better.

flklobe
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks MacTech!