PDA

View Full Version : Let's get RECRUITS!

axioma
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I just stopped by MD to check for messages and took a look at the Masters....a freakin' ghost town! I closed down three or four threads back in January! I know this site has some problems and I don't think the higher ups really appreciate the brain trust they have in this forum...however, it is what it is. We can make it better.

I am going to make a goal to recruit three Masters members in the next two weeks, get them to post. I will get people who will benefit and contribute to the chemistry of this forum.

I can't say enough about how much I have benefitted from this site and especially this forum! Let's keep it growing and get some fresh....well, it won't really be fresh...NEW blood.

IL WNBF Pro
03-18-2010, 09:11 AM
So you are looking for people who post here...to post there?

Mac
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
So you are looking for people who used to post there...to post here?

Maybe he means this. Interchange the words here and there.

introvert
03-18-2010, 10:41 AM
i'm new here, i think with all of 3 posts, but i lurk quite a bit in the background trying to learn.

i must admit i am a bit intimidated...while in my small corner of the earth i think i am in shape and do a good job, i have no stage aspirations. rather, i'm trying to build the best body i can, and leave it at that.

and while i want the best body i can, i wonder if my "ideal" is consistent with those that post here, those that want to get on stage. i am content with my approx. 10% bodyfat, and don't much care if my symmetry is spot on, and could care less if my serratus anterior is fully developed.

i just want to lift heavy shit and look pretty good.

and so, why am i posting this? i suspect, without knowing, that stage master competition is a rather small world. to encourage new members, then, perhaps somehow the horizons need to be expanded to include folks like me?

please don't get me wrong. the one thread i started i was treated with courtesy and respect, and the failing is mine. perhaps, though, the majority of would be posters have similar failings.:)

Mac
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
This Master section is NOT all about getting in shape to get back up on stage. There are many that don't have that goal and many that do. Keeping a thread alive is something you need to do, or let it die.

No need to be intimidated. You can be 6'5" 275lbs on the internet, if you want to be.

Welcome to RX Masters introvert

introvert
03-18-2010, 10:53 AM
You can be 6'5" 275lbs on the internet, if you want to be.

hahah. i love e-stats. certainly better than my own stats.

ok, i'm game. i'll give it the old college try. i'll start a journal in the next few days, get my camera going, and see if i can't have some fun.

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I have been trying to get some knowledgeable masters over to this site, but a lot of them are just comfortable where they are at and just don't want to have to "fit" in at a new site. :(

IL WNBF Pro
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Maybe he means this. Interchange the words here and there.

No, my dumb ass should have re-read what he wrote...makes perfect sense to me now.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I have been recruiting since day 1. So many of the other sites are all about everything BUT Bodybuilding. I try to bring over men/women who just plain love this odd addiction of ours.

Baldie

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:40 PM
So you are looking for people who post here...to post there?

I meant THIS site has some problems, over THERE is MD which just sucks, but THIS forum is the what I am talking about recruiting to...man, don't confuse me...:hypno:

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I have been recruiting since day 1. So many of the other sites are all about everything BUT Bodybuilding. I try to bring over men/women who just plain love this odd addiction of ours.

Baldie

Thanks baldie....the poster? the t-shirt idea?

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I have been trying to get some knowledgeable masters over to this site, but a lot of them are just comfortable where they are at and just don't want to have to "fit" in at a new site. :(

yea, that's true. that is the reason I don't go to another site which is pretty good, but you don't want to leave your friends....unless you can take them ALL WITH YA! I am going after some people who are clients of mine, 40's - 50's who would benefit by having some brothers and sisters in IRON. The people I am thinking of, really don't do anything computerwise, so be gentle....I just learned how to post a pic.

esplendido
03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
HEY! Only badass, take-no-prisoners, hardcore, ballbusting (pardons to the ladies), rode hard and showing it, MFers allowed to post here! Sumbiches wanna turn this into an "Antiques Road Show" forum! Why....I oughta...oughta....

....forget what I oughta. Where's my frickin walker?! Nurse, my geritol...PRONTO! And don't sit on that cross stitch I'm workin on, dammit! It's a doily with Arnold's double bi shot stitched in.

Um.....sorry......I'll step away from the syringe. Enough test for now.

Nurse! Come look at this! I've got a woody to die for....NURSE!!!!!

freebirdmac
03-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm not interested in getting on stage, just would like to look like I could. Sure don't want to look rode hard and put up wet either :eek:

What I like about this forum is not having every other post about eating 1200 cals, don't want to get bulky, and all of the other repetitive newbie stuff. I just want to get better, smarter, and bigger!

Wetdawg
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
This Master section is NOT all about getting in shape to get back up on stage. There are many that don't have that goal and many that do. Keeping a thread alive is something you need to do, or let it die.

No need to be intimidated. You can be 6'5" 275lbs on the internet, if you want to be.

But I am 6'5" 275, should I be 5'11" 200 on the internet? :dunno:

Mac
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
But I am 6'5" 275, should I be 5'11" 200 on the internet? :dunno:

How did I guess that.

Lucky you to be so big.

Wetdawg
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks MacT. Now I just need to perfect it.

deputydog
04-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I too am new to this site. It's been a long time since I was last lifting
heavy, think I burned out on it but with "Baldies" help I'm back at it with a new found love of it again. Hopefully in the not too distant future
I can post some pix, but not just yet

Curt James
04-11-2010, 02:53 AM

I am 6'5" and 275lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/ca.jpg

What? Why would I lie? :dunno:

AnglicanBeachParty
04-11-2010, 07:36 AM
I too am new to this site. It's been a long time since I was last lifting
heavy, think I burned out on it but with "Baldies" help I'm back at it with a new found love of it again. Hopefully in the not too distant future
I can post some pix, but not just yet

Welcome! Glad you are back lifting.

cadaha
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
New to this board and hope to contribute more and more over the next 12 months as I am looking to compete next year in a local masters to see what it is like to actually do a prep for a comp and stand on stage.

ATM I'm 5' 6" , 190lbs and about 20% BF. Just on the home straight stage of a test/deca cycle and changing the deca for tren for last 6 weeks. This is my second cycle in 12 months and I am pleased at the progress so far. PCT in place ready for end of cycle.

I am hoping to do at least one other cycle prior to the comp next year (June/July). I may be able to fit 2 in but realistically looking at one more.

Looking forward to getting prep advice and updating my progress as I go.

The avatar is out of date so I will be updadting that when this cycle is complete.

Mac
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Welcome deputydog and cadaha.

DD, we have heard about your new found addiction to the iron, glad you're on board.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
And we want Bodybuilders first and formost. Its OK to run, bike, swim, knit, whatever as long as Bodybuilding is the prime effort. This equals QUALITY. Over in BB.com there are several thousand Masters, QUANTITY, who are more worried about their PX fucking 90 program, why the sky is blue and does creatine give you the hic cups than they are about gut wrenching day in and day out Bodybuilding. Heaven forbid that crowd finds it way in here....good grief.

Baldie

Mac
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Over in BB.com there are several thousand Masters

I think most of the Masters there took up knitting as their primary sport.

Sandpig
04-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey guys. As you can see by my post numbers, I've been here a bit. But for some reason I rarely post here.

I'm 45 so I guess I qualify to be here. I've competed once in 95 and have no more plans to do so. Although I may try a powerlifting comp. next year.

I will try to support the old folks here more often.:p

bodyhard
04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
And we want Bodybuilders first and formost. Its OK to run, bike, swim, knit, whatever as long as Bodybuilding is the prime effort. This equals QUALITY. Over in BB.com there are several thousand Masters, QUANTITY, who are more worried about their PX fucking 90 program, why the sky is blue and does creatine give you the hic cups than they are about gut wrenching day in and day out Bodybuilding. Heaven forbid that crowd finds it way in here....good grief.

Baldie

That is why I keep all the bullshit post over there.

Here I breath and live bodybuilding.

joedemarco
04-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I am 6'5" and 275lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/ca.jpg

What? Why would I lie? :dunno:

You look good, Curt...but apply the pro tan to your entire body, not just your face....

joedemarco
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Glad to see more and more masters, that are serious about bodybuilding, working their way over to rxmuscle.

cadaha
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Really looking forward to next year's competition. I know it won't be to level of you guys over in the US of A but it should be a good experience.

My buddy over here has won his class for Mr DR several times and is competing this June in Santo Domingo so I'll be going to support him but hopefully next year we will be prepping at the same time. This gives me just over a year to add some more size and get as conditioned as I can for my first show.

I have spent some time reading the threads in the masters section here and I know this is going to be the place to be for good advice as I start my prep. I spent time on another (not to be named) site where the forums are no where near as hard core BB so this is obviously the place to be for real BB news and advice.

Now, where are those pink db's and stretch pants I was looking for earlier? :slap:

Curt James
04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
You look good, Curt...but apply the pro tan to your entire body, not just your face....

heh :D

See? This is just the kind of advice I would expect to find in the Masters Bodybuilding subforum. Thank you! :)

axioma
04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Welcome new guys...

Baldiewonkanobi
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Ax, when you posted this I peeked at MD Masters and there was one (1) visitor. At that time we had 63. I went there a little bit ago and 1 again.......RX Masters 27.

At BB.com ( I try to select a rare few to join us) they have thousands as we know...runners, bikers, swimmers, PX 90ers, Cross Fitters, and a precious few real Bodybuilders. Some of their Bodybuilders are real old school Christians and don't like our profanity here in RX (so fuck em) some are so very very natural they think just posting with us will get them banned in their associations. Others are so 'thenthitive' that the mere mention of balls to the walls training has them burping pablum outta their noses. And we don't have the answers they seek...why is the sky blue, will whey make you sick, if I take too much Vit C will I be banned from my Natty org.?, is it normal to have sore muscles after training, I saw my dad F'ing my mom when I was 11...is that why I have ED now at age 41????????

Yeah...we are a scary bunch here. Blu and Birdie will bitch slap them with their muscled gynies if they are not careful.

Alas....we are but a selected elite. The air up here in the clouds is pure.

Baldie

cadaha
04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Nice to have moved to the dark side. Now I don't have to wear my lycra to the shiney fitness center, as per standard bb.com atire, and can wear my raggidy T's to the local meat house.

Over here (Dom Rep) there are probably one or two gyms that cater for cardio bunnies but because the general income per month would be less than a day's pay in the US the gyms tend to be hardcore BB with a higher ratio of free weights to machines (and those are usually pretty old and beat up).

The guys spend what little extra income they have on their memberships (about $25 per month) to throw iron around a hot sweaty room. I can go in there at almost any time of day and there will be at most 10 guys in there working out.

There are always guys in there that compete locally and also in the Antilles championships so there is always a wealth of information to be gleaned on how they prep on a shoestring budget. Also AAS's are easily accesible as there doesn't seem to be the hate culture for all things chemical that I am noticing is becomming a theme over the water.

I am looking forward to competing next year in my first show (Masters, obviously). I am 5' 6" and will be a spritely 49 and am hoping to come in as close to 200lbs as is possible but I believe it will be a lot less once the reality factor of removing the lard has actually sunk in. I am 190lbs at the moment and think that I am around 18% BF. I am on a test/tren/winny cycle at the moment to try and create a lean base to start my 12 month prep. I think I am going to have to be at about 175lbs to see anything resembling a lean physique which I can hopefully achieve in the next 6 weeks (or at least get close to that weight).

I have have just cut out the winny as I believe that it could be the cause of much of the pain in my elbows, forearms and wrists. I only get this pain when doing curling type movements. This is really holding back my bicep development. I think the winny may have dried out this area too much resulting in the sharp pains in these areas. We will see.

Test 200mg EOD
Tren A 50mg ED
Tamoxifen 20mg ED (No titties)
Proviron 25mg ED (Protect the boys)

Once the cycle is finished I'm going onto clen and tamoxifen for 2 weeks then start the clomid PCT for 21 days.

This should take me to July where I can take a look at where I stand in preperation for my 12 month run up to the comp.

I will be then starting a Journal for my own benefit to log progress. The first 3 - 4 months will be without AAS as I will need a nice gap before starting another cycle Hopefully Baldie and others can help me along the way with suggestions and advice.

By the way Baldie great thread 'Last Man Posing', very inspring. I took several days to read it LOL. You have a great way with words. :)

Look forward to your input guys.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Welcome aboard Cad.

I'm not the right guy regarding gear. 25 years ago...maybe. Get into the sticky regarding this.....

Baldie

Mac
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Some of their Bodybuilders are real old school Christians and don't like our profanity here in RX (so fuck em)

I will try to stop swearing so much so we can bring in these old-schoolers.

:no:

I am sure it bothers some. Maybe I will restrict it to my own thread. Oh fuck that.

axioma
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Ax, when you posted this I peeked at MD Masters and there was one (1) visitor. At that time we had 63. I went there a little bit ago and 1 again.......RX Masters 27.

At BB.com ( I try to select a rare few to join us) they have thousands as we know...runners, bikers, swimmers, PX 90ers, Cross Fitters, and a precious few real Bodybuilders. Some of their Bodybuilders are real old school Christians and don't like our profanity here in RX (so fuck em) some are so very very natural they think just posting with us will get them banned in their associations. Others are so 'thenthitive' that the mere mention of balls to the walls training has them burping pablum outta their noses. And we don't have the answers they seek...why is the sky blue, will whey make you sick, if I take too much Vit C will I be banned from my Natty org.?, is it normal to have sore muscles after training, I saw my dad F'ing my mom when I was 11...is that why I have ED now at age 41????????

Yeah...we are a scary bunch here. Blu and Birdie will bitch slap them with their muscled gynies if they are not careful.

Alas....we are but a selected elite. The air up here in the clouds is pure.

Baldie

Ha, AWESOME! I have given all of my clients an assignment: get on RX, and post something, anything. I know once they do, they will be hooked. A couple are waiting for new routines, I won't give them until they post:yep:

cadaha
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks Baldie, been reading up and think the cycle I'm on will set me up nicely for the beasting to come over the next 14 months. Just gonna cut the winny from this cycle to see if I can get more lube into the lower arms. Really pissed off about that area as I have the strength their but the OMFG sharp pains I get mean curling moves are out at the moment. No issues with tri's tho so a wierd situation.

Just beasted shoulders this morning and did 30mins cardio so I'm a sweaty boy chugging the old protein down at the moment. Chest tomorrow which I'm looking forward to (grow you bastards).

Does anyone know of a really good tanning cream/spray that will camoflauge tats. They seemed like a great idea when I was in the Navy but now that I want to compete they may be a hinderance. I don;t think the competitions over here are as well supported as over there so I would have thought a spray tan booth would be out of the question at the venue. We get plenty of sun here but from what I have heard I would still look flat even if I had a great natural tan.

Carl

Baldiewonkanobi
04-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks Baldie, been reading up and think the cycle I'm on will set me up nicely for the beasting to come over the next 14 months. Just gonna cut the winny from this cycle to see if I can get more lube into the lower arms. Really pissed off about that area as I have the strength their but the OMFG sharp pains I get mean curling moves are out at the moment. No issues with tri's tho so a wierd situation.

Just beasted shoulders this morning and did 30mins cardio so I'm a sweaty boy chugging the old protein down at the moment. Chest tomorrow which I'm looking forward to (grow you bastards).

Does anyone know of a really good tanning cream/spray that will camoflauge tats. They seemed like a great idea when I was in the Navy but now that I want to compete they may be a hinderance. I don;t think the competitions over here are as well supported as over there so I would have thought a spray tan booth would be out of the question at the venue. We get plenty of sun here but from what I have heard I would still look flat even if I had a great natural tan.

Carl

Dream Tan http://www.dreamtan.com/ keeps promising a tat cover up. Nothing yet. I keep hearing "The judges dont like Dream Tan...too muddy" When I was in the pump room this dude had the most amazing color (I am tatted and was thinking this would work for me). I asked him what he did for color. "Base coated with cote of Dream Tan then applied 2 cotes of Jan Tana". He won the NPC Masters Overall.

Baldie