PDA

View Full Version : Jscans damn I'm fricken getting skinny contest prep

jscan1
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Greetings, Just turned 43 on Monday and have posted a few times in Natty section and know a few of you from the "other site". Anyway started my transformation last april at 265.8 lbs. this morning weighed in at 185 and am prepping for two shows one Mid may the other 2 weeks later.

Couple notes on these pics...Damn I'm still white (have two bottles of Jan Tana, and one bottle of Liquid Sun Rayz sitting in my office. Starting to get pretty lean and am excited to see what the next ten lbs brings. As for diet am carb cycling and it seems to be keeping metabolism moving and the weight dropping

Mac
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome to RX Masters. Great transformation.

jscan1
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Welcome to RX Masters. Great transformation.

thanks...have been lurking for a while, I like the fact that its about bodybuilding over here and seems to be a good group giving each other support vs a bunch of bs

AnglicanBeachParty
03-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice transformation!

What is your height?

And which 2 shows will you do?

Mac
03-18-2010, 10:42 AM
vs a bunch of bs

We have our share of BS, but all of us are committed to BB and fitness.

jscan1
03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice transformation!

What is your height?

And which 2 shows will you do?

I'm 5'11 and going to do an inba show called So. Ca. Natural on May 15

and Musclemania Orange County on May 29. Looking like I will need to come in about 175 to be shredded. When I started this never thought I'd get below 190 now unless I can put on a whole shit stack of lean muscle don't ever really want to be over 190

jscan1
03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
We have our share of BS, but all of us are committed to BB and fitness.
I guess I should rephrase BS in good spirit is great, its the same old questions asked 4,000 times over with answers not based on a BB lifestyle that get old...lol. Or the how deep do you squat threads "who gives a shit"

joedemarco
03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Great job so far, jscan!! Welcome!

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Welcome, great transformation, but what the fuck is up with the daisy shorts?

jscan1
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Welcome, great transformation, but what the fuck is up with the daisy shorts?

thats funny as hell, I had taken some pics a few days prior and someone was asked what the legs looked like so for that group of pictures shorts were hiked up.....doing my best Dukes of Hazard. Scary thing is those pics are about a month and two months into the diet already down about 20 lbs I was a fat Mfer....Daisy dukes and all!

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
thats funny as hell, I had taken some pics a few days prior and someone was asked what the legs looked like so for that group of pictures shorts were hiked up.....doing my best Dukes of Hazard. Scary thing is those pics are about a month and two months into the diet already down about 20 lbs I was a fat Mfer....Daisy dukes and all!

No whats funny is that we can see a man in a thong (bodybuilders) and it is OK but once he wear short shorts, its like what the fuck man that shit is fucking gay as hell!

Perfect example: You have a pic with a speedo and it doesn't look gay at all, you just look like a bodybuilder, but the daisy shot? Fucking gay as hell man.

jscan1
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
No whats funny is that we can see a man in a thong (bodybuilders) and it is OK but once he wear short shorts, its like what the fuck man that shit is fucking gay as hell!

Perfect example: You have a pic with a speedo and it doesn't look gay at all, you just look like a bodybuilder, but the daisy shot? Fucking gay as hell man.

Yeah its weird we are all accustomed to looking at guys in posing suits and not thinking its odd at all. Here is another perspective, when my "suits" came in the mail my 11 and 9 year old Daughters were like why did Daddy order colored panties? I think I lost a little testosterone that day...lol . That and their on their own for college.....little shits

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
We need more youngsters like you in here...welcome aboard. The Mods will re name this thread if you ever desire.

Baldie

jscan1
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
We need more youngsters like you in here...welcome aboard. The Mods will re name this thread if you ever desire.

Baldie

By the way you are only an hour or so north of me I believe where do you typically train?

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
welcome, great transformation, but what the fuck is up with the daisy shorts?

rofl

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Shit:p You are killing me...I just ate and I can't laugh...awww

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Ok, ok, awesome transformation.. you have a deep, wide chest,. lots of potential. You really looked solid in that 185? shot...nice seperation. Bodyhard...where do you get it...? You better hope tyroc doesn't have your sense of humor or you will be getting bodyparts on your front door step every morning.

freebirdmac
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Welcome! Helluva transformation!

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok, ok, awesome transformation.. you have a deep, wide chest,. lots of potential. You really looked solid in that 185? shot...nice seperation. Bodyhard...where do you get it...? You better hope tyroc doesn't have your sense of humor or you will be getting bodyparts on your front door step every morning.

LOL Not sure if you want to call it a sense of humor or more so a twisted fucking brain.

But back to the OP's transformation (aside from the fag-shorts :)) that is proof that it can be done no matter what level or age you begin at. The key is consistency.

jscan1
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
LOL Not sure if you want to call it a sense of humor or more so a twisted fucking brain.

But back to the OP's transformation (aside from the fag-shorts :)) that is proof that it can be done no matter what level or age you begin at. The key is consistency.

The fact is anyone can do it but very few really want to commit to the diet and sacrifice that go into it, and while eveyone can improve on their shape not everyone is gonna look like a bodybuilder. I was on the bike last night and this gym regular was asking me all kinds of diet questions I could see him recoiling thinking I am never gonna do that shit...lol ...I am just pissed I waisted the last 18 yrs as a fat bastard I had a really good build from about age 18 to 22-23, If I wouldn't have taken the time off who knows where I could be, then again its probably a lot better to be back into it now instead of being like most 40+ out there with expanding waist lines and thirty prescription bottles and diabetes lurking.

As for the fag shorts, just practicing so when I get older I feel comfortable hair drying my balls with one leg on the counter in the lockerroom...Why is it always some old fuck doing this

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2010, 03:17 PM
By the way you are only an hour or so north of me I believe where do you typically train?

Glendale Worlds...sometimes La Crescenta Worlds. 5am 6 days a week. Come join the fun anytime.

Baldie

jscan1
03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Glendale Worlds...sometimes La Crescenta Worlds. 5am 6 days a week. Come join the fun anytime.

Baldie

I'll message you next time I'm seeing clients in the area

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
As for the fag shorts, just practicing so when I get older I feel comfortable hair drying my balls with one leg on the counter in the lockerroom...Why is it always some old fuck doing this

Jesus I just spit my fucking food out of my mouth literally!!! That was fucking hilarious!

gman
03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
that ball blow drying guy must commute across country...he belongs to my gym too.

jscan, late saying it, but great job so far. I like you, never want to be above 190 again. In fact I never want to be above 180 again unless I can pack on some lean mass!

jscan1
03-19-2010, 11:54 AM
that ball blow drying guy must commute across country...he belongs to my gym too.

jscan, late saying it, but great job so far. I like you, never want to be above 190 again. In fact I never want to be above 180 again unless I can pack on some lean mass!

THat old bastard is like Santa CLaus gets around to a lot of locations! As a former fatty I hate to get hung up on weight, but as an old guy I also know the reality of how much realistic muscle you can put on in a given time frame, so will try to very conservatively creep my calories back up and stay lean

gman
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM
1-2 lbs of actual muscle gain in a year at our age is a major accomplishment!

I want lean so much more than being big now. It's kind of fun wearing skinny clothes.

Dream of wearing size 28-30 jeans, and regular fit at that.

jscan1
03-19-2010, 12:03 PM
1-2 lbs of actual muscle gain in a year at our age is a major accomplishment!

I want lean so much more than being big now. It's kind of fun wearing skinny clothes.

Dream of wearing size 28-30 jeans, and regular fit at that.

my 32's are getting baggy in the waist but regular fit is never gonna happen with my thighs and ass....Damn might have to get a new pair of smaller size daisy's lol. Like you my dad kicked it early so as much as I like the idea of being Huuuge, I also got back into this for health and so I can be around to harrass my daughters long into their adult lives (they are 11 and 9) with that and my body type think some amount of cardio will always be in my future

AnglicanBeachParty
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
The fact is anyone can do it but very few really want to commit to the diet and sacrifice that go into it, and while eveyone can improve on their shape not everyone is gonna look like a bodybuilder. I was on the bike last night and this gym regular was asking me all kinds of diet questions I could see him recoiling thinking I am never gonna do that shit...lol ...I am just pissed I waisted the last 18 yrs as a fat bastard I had a really good build from about age 18 to 22-23, If I wouldn't have taken the time off who knows where I could be, then again its probably a lot better to be back into it now instead of being like most 40+ out there with expanding waist lines and thirty prescription bottles and diabetes lurking.

I think about that, too. Nothing to do about it now, though. Gotta move forward from where we are!

For me, I'm taking that "unless" clause as a given.

Actually, I plan to be over 200 pounds before long. We must have opposite types of dysmorphias, Mike.

gman
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
funny how everyone says my legs look big, but reg fit stuff fits my ass and thighs just fine! lol

Yeah, I am 4 1/2 years past my dad's age when he passed, and I am not looking back. That's why I was so proud the other day when my bp was 108/67, my all time best.

I probably should be doing cardio again, but seem to be losing fat just fine without it. May add it back for heart health if nothing else.

gman
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Actually, I plan to be over 200 pounds before long. We must have opposite types of dysmorphias, Mike.

Unless I start juicing, 200 is never happening. I would be 15-18% bf at that weight, and I am not going to do it.

I have always been fat, ever since 10 years of age, and I worked too hard to shed it, I just never want to go through losing 50lbs ever again!

jscan1
03-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Unless I start juicing, 200 is never happening. I would be 15-18% bf at that weight, and I am not going to do it.

I have always been fat, ever since 10 years of age, and I worked too hard to shed it, I just never want to go through losing 50lbs ever again!

I think I fall somewhere in the middle hell I'd love to be 220 and lean I just don't think its realistic. Very few true lean 200lbers walking around out there! Now that I am getting lean I am starting to see my weaknesses and thats where my off season will focus not really on weight. My hamstrings need work so will be hitting them hard along with incline bench (although my chest is nowhere near as crappy as I thought it would be now that am lean) ANd I have pretty good width in my back but want to get the lats to pop more so it will be lots of weighted chins. Its interesting I don't think you can really get a good idea on strenghts and weaknesses of bodyparts until you get down to a pretty low bodyfat

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-19-2010, 12:36 PM

You know, I find it so very odd and wholly small minded that people consider being onstage in a posing suit as nothing but gay.

It stands to reason that the only reason there are the smallest of posing suits without being TOO revealing is for the sake of decency and the fact that at these shows, children will be present. But why would anyone put the time and effort into training and diet to jump onstage fully covered? That would defeat the purpose of showing off the hard work that one has committed themselves to. And honestly, as it is, a well trained and conditioned body's lines are broken by even the smallest stitch of clothing, such as the strings on a woman's bikini, and yes, even the waist band of a man's posing suit. However, the disconnect from the art of the body and sexual titillation obviously has not been drawn, and people have taken it a step further and given it the perverse spin of homosexuality. And obviously, since naked men and women cannot flaunt themselves on stage in an event like this, SOMETHING has to be worn that will allow the absolute most of the body's presentation. I do not understand how people do not realize this. Men all oiled up? There is a reason for that too. Rather than try to understand and educate themselves, they ridicule. It is no wonder that as the days go by, I further remove myself from association with the world at large.

I weep for society and the lot of lambs that they are, mindlessly following popular consensus instead of the journey, pleasure, and privilege of free thinking and expression.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I think I fall somewhere in the middle hell I'd love to be 220 and lean I just don't think its realistic. Very few true lean 200lbers walking around out there!

Yeah, I didn't mean that I would be over 200 and lean anytime soon, but I would like to come into my next contest (2013) right at the Middleweight limit.

Now that I am getting lean I am starting to see my weaknesses and thats where my off season will focus not really on weight. My hamstrings need work so will be hitting them hard along with incline bench (although my chest is nowhere near as crappy as I thought it would be now that am lean) ANd I have pretty good width in my back but want to get the lats to pop more so it will be lots of weighted chins. Its interesting I don't think you can really get a good idea on strenghts and weaknesses of bodyparts until you get down to a pretty low bodyfat

Very good point!

gman
03-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I agree on the weakness showing when you lean out. I always thought I had a good back. I work it to death, and it's probably the worst part. Absolutely zero lats.

Mac
03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Absolutely zero lats.

Bullshit and you know it. But hey, keep telling yourself that and I am sure they will wither away.

gman
03-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Bullshit and you know it. But hey, keep telling yourself that and I am sure they will wither away.

where are they then? I can't see them in any pics at all.

Might be that I am not lean enough in the waist that the lats show a V

Mac
03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
They are right here in these two pictures.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54130&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267485457

Now I will say that maybe you don't know how to show them your best.

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
They are right here in these two pictures.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54130&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267485457

Now I will say that maybe you don't know how to show them your best.

What two pics?????

Mac
03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Be nice John

gman
03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
seriously, the two pics aren't there, Mac...he is actually serious for once

PS-this is a great hijack of someone's journal isn't it?

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Be nice John

LOL No I am being serious, there is no pics in your post.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
seriously, the two pics aren't there, Mac...he is actually serious for once

PS-this is a great hijack of someone's journal isn't it?

I see them without issue.

Mac
03-19-2010, 02:20 PM
That's odd, I see them. Here is the pics stitched into one.

Sorry about the hijack. oops.

gman
03-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I am on google chrome, never had a problem before.

gman
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
OK, I will concede I do have lats. Not very wide ones, but at least some

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
That's odd, I see them. Here is the pics stitched into one.

Sorry about the hijack. oops.

These I see the other post I don't see shit.

And yes Mike you can clearly see your lats, you just need to learn how to flare them.

gman
03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
haven't made the connection on how yet. If I do they will be ok. It's not a natural thing to me to be able to flex them.

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:33 PM
haven't made the connection on how yet. If I do they will be ok. It's not a natural thing to me to be able to flex them.

it will come

Man sorry for the fucking hijack of the OP's thread :(

GENESIS
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
You know, I find it so very odd and wholly small minded that people consider being onstage in a posing suit as nothing but gay.

It stands to reason that the only reason there are the smallest of posing suits without being TOO revealing is for the sake of decency and the fact that at these shows, children will be present. But why would anyone put the time and effort into training and diet to jump onstage fully covered? That would defeat the purpose of showing off the hard work that one has committed themselves to. And honestly, as it is, a well trained and conditioned body's lines are broken by even the smallest stitch of clothing, such as the strings on a woman's bikini, and yes, even the waist band of a man's posing suit. However, the disconnect from the art of the body and sexual titillation obviously has not been drawn, and people have taken it a step further and given it the perverse spin of homosexuality. And obviously, since naked men and women cannot flaunt themselves on stage in an event like this, SOMETHING has to be worn that will allow the absolute most of the body's presentation. I do not understand how people do not realize this. Men all oiled up? There is a reason for that too. Rather than try to understand and educate themselves, they ridicule. It is no wonder that as the days go by, I further remove myself from association with the world at large.

I weep for society and the lot of lambs that they are, mindlessly following popular consensus instead of the journey, pleasure, and privilege of free thinking and expression.

Nihilism is enlightening. And thank you for the new signature.

jscan1
03-20-2010, 01:54 PM
damn how did I miss all this on my own thread...lol Scale this AM showed a nice drop 184.4 haven't been this light since high school but with a lot more muscle.....Ok you can get back to talking about gmans Lats or lack of lats or whatever

jscan1
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM

I had a similar feeling about doing lat spreads and I found its the one muscle you don't really flex, you more figure out how to flare it out. Something that seems to key it for me is rolling your elbows out and up helps to pull out the width

Mac
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I had a similar feeling about doing lat spreads and I found its the one muscle you don't really flex, you more figure out how to flare it out. Something that seems to key it for me is rolling your elbows out and up helps to pull out the width

I flex my lats. Why can't you do it?

gman
03-20-2010, 01:59 PM
mac, I think it's one of those, if you ever get lucky and flex them, you go "shit, that was too easy." Until this accidentally happens, it just won't work for me.

Mac
03-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I didn't feel it was luck. I worked on it for a long time.

gman
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
See Mac, that makes absolutely no sense to me. You shouldn't have to work hard to flex a muscle. how hard is it to flex a bicep or a calf muscle? You don't even have to think about it, you just do it.

That's why it pisses me off I can't flex my lats or my pecs (can do both or neither, but not one or the other)

Mac
03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I can't flex my lats or my pecs (can do both or neither, but not one or the other)

Now that doesn't make sense.

gman
03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
nope it doesn't, but it's true.

Ed Cook tried to help me with lats in columbus, to no avail.

My pecs, I can tighten them both, but can't do the alternating thing like the bad guy on Blood Sport! lol

blu2xtreme
03-20-2010, 03:10 PM
nope it doesn't, but it's true.

Ed Cook tried to help me with lats in columbus, to no avail.

My pecs, I can tighten them both, but can't do the alternating thing like the bad guy on Blood Sport! lol

Ed had you doing a few times ...you just couldn't hold it long.

gman
03-20-2010, 03:12 PM
yeah, like a second! front double bi, then try to bring arms down into front relaxed without unflexing,...never could keep them flexed!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Funny thing is that I can get you to flex the lats and the pecs individualy. Its painful at first. By me squeezing the muscle with my hand I can fire up the synapses. You can do it to yourself. A Vulcan mind/hand connection. If you want to learn to Kegel....that one you can do on your own :p.

Baldie

jscan1
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I flex my lats. Why can't you do it?

Hee Hee, I think something is getting lost in translation, its not that its not flexed its more that when I get the thumbs dug in and elbows rolled under that I appear wider...Oh hell thats no better explanation

gman
03-20-2010, 10:35 PM
you need to start a new journal jscan, this one has been hijacked to Cuba

jscan1
03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
you need to start a new journal jscan, this one has been hijacked to Cuba

Its all good

jscan1
03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
183.6 this morning carb cycling seems to be working great, tommorow is leg day and carb up day. TOday is back and bi's and coming off a few low carb days in a row is probably toughest workout of the week, got in a 25 minute fast paced walk at lunch and will get in stairmaster after weights

gman
03-23-2010, 04:49 PM
We are the same weight now, actually I am .4lbs lighter! still ahead of you for now.

Maybe I should start doing a tiny bit of cardio soon.

Low carb sucks for training doesn't it?

jscan1
03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
We are the same weight now, actually I am .4lbs lighter! still ahead of you for now.

Maybe I should start doing a tiny bit of cardio soon.

Low carb sucks for training doesn't it?

Its funny I have a few guys at the gym who are always asking about my progress and one guy kept saying he thought I'd be ready at about 180, I told him I thought 170 and as more and more weeks go by I think I am right on the money (Starting to see a lot of quad seperation and seperation in back of legs etc) but am amazed that I still have a little ab flab (not just amazed a little pissed off in fact, but I assume this will be the last place to come off.

As for training on low carbs, it hasn't zapped my strength as much as I thought it would more my overall feeling if you will just dragging ass , but the carb cycle is awesome I can almost feel the fires reignite on my two 300 gram days. THe cardio for me is just neccesity I put a spin bike in my office and am doing 2-3 hiit sessions a week in the mornings and on the other days going out for a fast walk for 30 minutes at lunch. THen every weight workout is followed up by 20 minutes on stairmaster and 20 on either recumbant or treadmill.

I hope next go around I can prep starting from a little higher caloric base. I have been dieting down for so long that it is taking all this to keep things moving. As we've talked about before I want to stay relatively lean in off season so I don't have to diet for hopefully more than 12 -14 weeks next year

jscan1
03-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Scale was 182.4 this morning getting real lean everywhere but still not happy with where my abs are at (can pose good ab shots, but hands over head flexed just dissapears and looks like shit.) I have been doing either a 30 minute walk at around 11:00 AM or HIIT on spin bike for 20 minutes twice a week, and then always 40 minutes of cardio after weights in the afternoon. Decided for next 5 weeks its morning cardio at the gym to kick it up, this morning 20 minutes on stairmaster (the one with the stairs that fall away, got a love hate with this thing but feel it is best machine out there), followed by 20 minutes on tread at 4mph.

Also am doing a mock peak week this week to see if my peaking strategy is going to be a fit. And finally attending a inba show on Saturday as a spectator to get the feel for the organization and how their shows run

Baldiewonkanobi
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
INBA...are you in OZ?

Baldie

jscan1
03-30-2010, 02:51 PM
INBA...are you in OZ?

Baldie

My bad guess its aba gonna go to iron gladiator in Corona on Saturday

and do the So. Ca. Natural in La Jolla, I always see INBA plastered across their site but guess its aba...anyway

jscan1
04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
nice little scale drop this morning 180.4 6 weeks and 1 day to go!

Mac
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
nice little scale drop this morning 180.4 6 weeks and 1 day to go!

Good job.

Every time I see your avi I think you're punching the sink. :dunno:

jscan1
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Good job.

Every time I see your avi I think you're punching the sink. :dunno:

The diets making me a little crazy but no sink punching! On a side note I was doing lunges last night and a guy told me "jesus I can see your nerves" i think thats a good sign!

Mac
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
That's funny.

Look, that guy's got a lot of nerve

jscan1
04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
179.8 Went to a show this weekend and am more motivated than ever, from here until contest decided will just get up at 5am and head to gym to add additional cardio (have been going to work first then doing this a little later in the am.) and also add in some additional ab work in the am and hit a few other details (Stiff leg dead lifts, lower back etc.) I know at this point the thing I can control best is my conditioning and my goal is definetly to be shredded

BigJD69
04-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice work!!!

jscan1
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
getting leaner daily but that little bit of lower ab flab is hangiong in there

jscan1
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I updated a few pics on my post on Natty forum

would like opinion from those who have competed naturally - Page 3 - RX Muscle Forums

jscan1
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
so the precontest diet has been going great and really have had no temptations to speak of......Until last night, the wife went to Sam's CLub and bought the girls some of those fresh baked Chocolate CHip Cookies, in their container it wasn't so bad , but later that night my daughter was sitting at the desk chomping on one, and the smell was, well lets just say I felt like the vampire in Twilight that gets a wiff of blood after the girl cuts her finger! It took everything in my power not to lunge across the living room and swipe the cookie from her hand....I resisted and quietly ate my tilapia and spinach

AnglicanBeachParty
04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
so the precontest diet has been going great and really have had no temptations to speak of......Until last night, the wife went to Sam's CLub and bought the girls some of those fresh baked Chocolate CHip Cookies, in their container it wasn't so bad , but later that night my daughter was sitting at the desk chomping on one, and the smell was, well lets just say I felt like the vampire in Twilight that gets a wiff of blood after the girl cuts her finger! It took everything in my power not to lunge across the living room and swipe the cookie from her hand....I resisted and quietly ate my tilapia and spinach

I know that exact feeling!!

jscan1
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I know that exact feeling!!

Its funny the shit that tweaks you, normally I am much more of a spicy food guy, and sweets don't tempt me all that much, it was just one of those things...lol, with that said chewing gum in the evenings has been a lifesaver as well

Baldiewonkanobi
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
ABA....Denny Kakos' organization. I shall reserve my thoughts on that outfit....anyway you might see my friend (and super dude) 80 year old Karl Marshall...might be 81 by now. (look and ask for him) Please tell him Bill Mortimer says hi and we will visit in Pittsburgh in July. The NPC sets up an Over 80 just for Karl.

Note the lighting and the color on the winners...terribly important in the ABA. Your pics show me that you will place very well.

Baldie

jscan1
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM
ABA....Denny Kakos' organization. I shall reserve my thoughts on that outfit....anyway you might see my friend (and super dude) 80 year old Karl Marshall...might be 81 by now. (look and ask for him) Please tell him Bill Mortimer says hi and we will visit in Pittsburgh in July. The NPC sets up an Over 80 just for Karl.

Note the lighting and the color on the winners...terribly important in the ABA. Your pics show me that you will place very well.

Baldie

I actiually saw Karl at the Iron Galdiator pretty cool that he still gets up and struts his stuff in his 80's. THis is my first delve into competition so its close to home so what the heck, .....I am crazy white in those pictures and I take them with a shitload of lights (about 25 bright whites across two vanities plus the overheads, I figure when my white ass starts showing cuts under those conditions I should be lean enough!

As for my tan I got two bottles of Jan Tana Competition color for my base coat, then one bottle of liquid sun rayz to brown it out a bit (I had a conversation with Marilyn at Liquid Sun Rayz and I must say am really impressed with that color), I think this combo should make me really dark.

I was going to do a musclemania show two weeks later, but have decided for this year to make the La Jolla show my one and only I have pretty much been dieting since last APril (from my fat ass 265.8 lbs) and precontest dieting since Jan. 7th so my body is ready for a break, I want to get up to maintenance levels and really bomb the shit out of my Hamstrings and back before next year then plan on trying a few shows across a few different organizations!

bodyhard
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Looking extremely lean man!

jscan1
04-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Looking extremely lean man!

thanks, starting to get a lot of "what the fucks" at the gym, yet I know I still have a long way to go.....I was excited to see 6 pack in hands over head shot last night when practicing posing, it seems being 43 that that little bit on lower abs is gonna be the last spot to come in, and its making me crazy

jscan1
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
here's a couple updated pics from this morning 4 weeks and 3 days to go hoping gonna be shredded enough. Sorry for the horrible quad shot best I could do self picturing in a mirror with my phone

Mac
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
There's that sink again.

Looking good, you're getting it dialed in.

jscan1
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM
There's that sink again.

Looking good, you're getting it dialed in.

thanks...yeah the sink is in bathroom at work easy place to take pics! Seems like i'm getting sharper everyday and the lower ab flab is starting to go pretty quick (finally)

jscan1
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Added a nice HIIT session on the recumbant bike, at 5:30 this morning, nice 5 minute warm up followed by 20 second balls out intervals with a 1 minute recovery at a normal pace. Rested 5 minutes then hit the treadmill at a nice 4mph jaunt for another 20 minutes....This is week two of the early morning cardio and I can pretty much see changes in my conditioning daily....sure makes dragging my ass out of bed easier!

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
May I ask why does everyone have to take their own pics via a mirror? Don't you guys have a wife, son, friend that can snap the pic????

jscan1
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
May I ask why does everyone have to take their own pics via a mirror? Don't you guys have a wife, son, friend that can snap the pic????

I actually have the wife do pics weekly, these are just shots that I do as extra, it gives a little bit different lighting perspective and I don't have to bother anyone

freebirdmac
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice sink.

jscan1
04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Nice sink.

that sink not only provides a wonderful backdrop for self pics it also serves as my office dishwasher for rinsing out oat bowl and egg beater measuring cup!

jscan1
04-16-2010, 11:04 AM
good leg workout last night and good cardio this am

Squats

135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8
275 x7
315 x 6
225 x 9

Walking lunges 90 ft up and back with 45's in each hand

One set of 50 rep leg presses 2 plates on each side (these are torture after completing the above

Three sets of leg presses but on this weird ass one leg at a lime leg press really emphasis's the negatives and is a great way to smoke the quads

4 sets of leg curls

40 min walk on treadmill at 4 mph

THis morning

20 minutes on old school starimaster (the one where stairs fall away
20 minutes on recumbant bike
abs

bodyhard
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
good leg workout last night and good cardio this am

Squats

135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8
275 x7
315 x 6
225 x 9

Walking lunges 90 ft up and back with 45's in each hand

One set of 50 rep leg presses 2 plates on each side (these are torture after completing the above

Three sets of leg presses but on this weird ass one leg at a lime leg press really emphasis's the negatives and is a great way to smoke the quads

4 sets of leg curls

40 min walk on treadmill at 4 mph

THis morning

20 minutes on old school starimaster (the one where stairs fall away
20 minutes on recumbant bike
abs

Nice!

jscan1
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
couple of update pics very flat, but starting to lean out more and more

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
You don't appear flat, just lean.

How much do you weigh?

jscan1
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
You don't appear flat, just lean.

How much do you weigh?

thanks man...I weighed 178 this morning, I am getting real lean everywhere, Still holding a little in lower ab but guess its gonna be last place to come in. I can see good definition in my hams now, so hopefully 3 more weeks of stairmaster and hiit and I will be shredded, I dropped carbs another 50 grams on my refeed days to 250, and also dropped my low carb days to about 1750 cals for this week. THe High carb days seem to keep the metabolism firing but the low carb days suck

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
thanks man...I weighed 178 this morning, I am getting real lean everywhere, Still holding a little in lower ab but guess its gonna be last place to come in. I can see good definition in my hams now, so hopefully 3 more weeks of stairmaster and hiit and I will be shredded, I dropped carbs another 50 grams on my refeed days to 250, and also dropped my low carb days to about 1750 cals for this week. THe High carb days seem to keep the metabolism firing but the low carb days suck

Are you getting ready to compete?

jscan1
04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Are you getting ready to compete?

yes on may 15, so need to crazy bring it the next 3 weeks

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
yes on may 15, so need to crazy bring it the next 3 weeks

You better start working on a tan if anything else :D :D

Good luck man!!

jscan1
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
You better start working on a tan if anything else :D :D

Good luck man!!

THats what the two bottles of Jan Tana and one bottle of Liquid Sun Rayz are for, I am actually excited to see what the tan does to help me pull my shit together, I am sick of looking at these pasty white pics

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
THats what the two bottles of Jan Tana and one bottle of Liquid Sun Rayz are for, I am actually excited to see what the tan does to help me pull my shit together, I am sick of looking at these pasty white pics

Dude with a tan you are going to look sick, your definition is going to jump out, but you have to know how to apply that shit I seen some shitty looking tans on people who did not know how to apply it or which brand to use.

jscan1
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Dude with a tan you are going to look sick, your definition is going to jump out, but you have to know how to apply that shit I seen some shitty looking tans on people who did not know how to apply it or which brand to use.

My wife is a meticulous perfectionist and she is going to be responsible for the "paint job", I also talked to Marilyn at "Liquid SUn Rayz" this lady knows her shit and told me how to prep, her product has a real nice brown color think it will be great combo with the Jan Tana. I brought my wife to a contest a few weeks back so she could check out the "tans" the "over oiled" looks etc. It really is amazing you could see guys in great shape but tan was not dark enough, or guys who oiled up too much etc.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Ask Joe to change the name of this thread...it throws me off and I forget to check in on you.......

Baldie

jscan1
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Ask Joe to change the name of this thread...it throws me off and I forget to check in on you.......

Baldie

thats probably a good idea..

axioma
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
agree with Baldie. You look right on target, just keep hitting the posing for those lower abs, much if it is about control. Your quads have GREAT seperation.

jscan1
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
agree with Baldie. You look right on target, just keep hitting the posing for those lower abs, much if it is about control. Your quads have GREAT seperation.

thanks, yeah lower body is coming in pretty well , its funny leg size was nothing I ever thought I'd suffer from but now that I am lean they are tiny... But at this point if I can be lean I'll be happy for 1st show. I am noticing the lower abs (abs in general) are starting to come in been posing nightly

jscan1
04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Added some Red SKin Potatoes to my High carb day yesterday......Its fucking amazing how something so simple can taste so good when you haven't been eating it. Wanted to try them so I can use them as a carb up source as I hate sweet potato

jscan1
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
couple of updated pics from sunday and today

bodyhard
04-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow you have gotten extremely skinny WTF :eek:

Is it the lighting? Your chest seemed to have disappeared.

When will you start the tan?

jscan1
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow you have gotten extremely skinny WTF :eek:

Is it the lighting? Your chest seemed to have disappeared.

When will you start the tan?

Actually chest really isn't different if anything looks a little bigger, As for tanning I have two bottles of Jan Tana and one bottle of Liquid Sun Rayz and will start first coat thursday morning the 13th, I think the combo of the two will have me nice and dark. Here are a few updated "self taken sink pics from about 10 minutes ago"

Baldiewonkanobi
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Chest up a bit, shoulders back a bit and flare your lats at all times like you have a small ball taped under each pit. You GOT IT but need to flaunt it a little more.

Did I say.....nice sink.

Baldie

jscan1
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Chest up a bit, shoulders back a bit and flare your lats at all times like you have a small ball taped under each pit. You GOT IT but need to flaunt it a little more.

Did I say.....nice sink.

Baldie

Thanks Baldie, the self sink pictures are hard, lol I have been doing them more to gauge when I look best after my carb up, yesterday was my carb up seems it takes one day for me to get the right mix of carbs. I am planning on depleting through Thursday the 13th then starting my carb up on Friday with about 300 grams, and following it through morning of with more carbs every couple of hours. then a small burger and fry an hour and a half before prejudging for a little fat and carb any thoughts?

GENESIS
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
SKINNY? who changed the title?

dont they know that EVERY bodybuilder hates to be called skinny!

lean. lean. lean!!!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Gotta be a hundred ways to do the 'day of'. Me, I will have small bites every hour of baked potato, banana, and P nutt butter. Water stopped all together 5pm the night before. Only 'tiny sips' if at all and sugarless chewing gum. In the pump up room I will drop one of those small 'Shot' energy drinks for the caffeine and vasodialtion.

Baldie

jscan1
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
SKINNY? who changed the title?

dont they know that EVERY bodybuilder hates to be called skinny!

lean. lean. lean!!!

I changed it lol...And after years of being a fat fuck I am "ok" with skinny as a matter of fact I want to start a new term "Skinny Big" what do you think? Sadly my head looks in the mirror and still sees a fat bastard this is a twisted game!

jscan1
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Gotta be a hundred ways to do the 'day of'. Me, I will have small bites every hour of baked potato, banana, and P nutt butter. Water stopped all together 5pm the night before. Only 'tiny sips' if at all and sugarless chewing gum. In the pump up room I will drop one of those small 'Shot' energy drinks for the caffeine and vasodialtion.

Baldie

yes head can definetly spin trying to figure this out, that is why I have been gauging after carb up days, I won't cut water just taper it and move to potato on sat morning vs. oatmeal thats holding two cups of water already....probably complete nonsense on my part lol but I'm going with it!

bodyhard
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Yup the second pics looks way better, could have been the pose?

GENESIS
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I changed it lol...And after years of being a fat fuck I am "ok" with skinny as a matter of fact I want to start a new term "Skinny Big" what do you think? Sadly my head looks in the mirror and still sees a fat bastard this is a twisted game!
Ahhh... the grass is always greener.

kinda like gentle giant? it could catch on...

im convinced every bodybuilder has a small case of body dispmorphia... your not alone.

Hammerfit
04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Ahhh... the grass is always greener.

kinda like gentle giant? it could catch on...

im convinced every bodybuilder has a small case of body dispmorphia... your not alone.

Looking good there bro where is your comp in May? Good Luck!

GENESIS
04-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Looking good there bro where is your comp in May? Good Luck!

You quoted me, but both the OP and I have a comp in may. and seeing as how we have never talked before, are you talking to me?

jscan1
04-29-2010, 12:38 PM
mine is in LaJolla CA

GENESIS
04-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Peoria IL. The 8th