PDA

View Full Version : T.O. In Buffalo.....

BigAl33
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Big Bills fan here. Just wondering what everyone thinks. After the initial shock:eek: (They don't do stuff like this). I think it was a good move, especially for a one year deal.:D

Koubs
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Who knows... he's destroyed every team he's ever been on... In my opinion, it won't turn out good for anyone... Either he'll just continue to be a circus act, and possibly reach new levels of stupidity... Or he'll actually bite his tongue and not draw so much attention, but the bills still won't make the playoffs and he's not gonna put up great numbers with that team... In that division they're fucked... Oh yeah, I really don't like TO

kraken
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
He usually starts his shit in year 2, so the Bills might do well going for just the 1 year.

BigAl33
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, thats what I figured, it was a no lose move. 1 year deal, if he blows up the locker room, who cares? what is he destroying? nothing. Maybe if everything goes bad, we'll fire Jauron, get some new players and start from scratch. If he does good, well, maybe we win 10 games and make the playoffs. Need a pass rusher...

txmuscle
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
As a lifetime cowboy fan i am glad you guys have him and not us. I didn't like the move to get him in the first place

BigAl33
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
As a lifetime cowboy fan i am glad you guys have him and not us. I didn't like the move to get him in the first place

You can't argue his talent. At first I hated the signing, but I thought about it and realized there is nothing to lose. I'm sure it will only be a one year thing.

DECABEATZ
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
As a cowboy fan its a tossup 1st year probably will be good after that no idea!

DaveV
03-11-2009, 10:20 PM
As a Bills fan I like this move. Hopefully it will draw more ticket sales and keep the team in Buffalo rather than expanding to Toronto.

"Rodz"
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
You can't argue his talent. At first I hated the signing, but I thought about it and realized there is nothing to lose. I'm sure it will only be a one year thing.

Oh we sure can, talent means shit if you keep dropping balls on third down, I'm a 20+ year cowboy fan saying good fuckin riddance T.O

Sandpig
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
As a Pats fan, I say "Get the popcorn ready". It'll be interesting.

Rattbones
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
As a Pats fan, I say "Get the popcorn ready". It'll be interesting.

Hey if the Pats get LT it's over!

-Z-
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
He will do well if someone can throw him the ball & there is some protection for the QB.

brd
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I can tell you one thing the sports radio dudes are digging this especially with the Sabres sucking ass....They have a lot to talk about....It also brings a certain visibility to Buffalo and that never hurts.....

What I like about the pickup is the impact Ownes will have on both Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch. If Buffalo can get historical production from Owens, the offense could be very good. Lynch should thrive as defenses will be forced to do some different things in coverage and cheating safeties will be few and far between. Evans will fare better thanks to someone else sharing the bullseye downfield. If given space, Evans can make big plays downfield....I also think Josh Reed will see some more opportunities.

Of course, Owens has historically been polarizing, controversial, and many would say cancerous. How that plays out is anyone's guess. I am not sure about Jauron keeping TO's head where it needs to be. While he has been called a player's coach, it is not like he has the force of personality or the respect of a Parcells. Additionally, Turk Schonert is going to have his hands full and I do not hear anyone singing his praises up here....

So overall I am cautiously optimistic, especially for one year, but there is the risk of the whole shebang getting blown up if Owens does not get the ball enough, disrespects coaches, or pulls other destructive shennanigans....

BigAl33
03-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh we sure can, talent means shit if you keep dropping balls on third down, I'm a 20+ year cowboy fan saying good fuckin riddance T.O

I guess the 10 TD's last year meant "shit" as well as the 29 the 2 years prior.

So overall I am cautiously optimistic, especially for one year, but there is the risk of the whole shebang getting blown up if Owens does not get the ball enough, disrespects coaches, or pulls other destructive shennanigans....

What would get blown up? 2 years of 7-9. Jaroun and some of the other coaches need to go anyway. I can't see how you can "blow something up" that is'nt good anyway. Last year was a disgrace. To start 5-1 and finish 7-9, maybe it should have been blown up before TO.

BigJD69
03-13-2009, 01:15 AM
T.O. is a cancer that will eventually mutate into the Bills Lockerroom!!!

Goodfellas
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Does Trent Edwards have excellent psych coverage? :D

BigAl33
03-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Does Trent Edwards have excellent psych coverage? :D

He went to Stanford so he already is one up in Brain dept. on T.O..... So I think he'll be fine..

Goodfellas
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
He went to Stanford so he already is one up in Brain dept. on T.O..... So I think he'll be fine..

We shall see. Garcia, McNabb, Romo couldn't handle him. An erratic young QB like Edwards will? Doubtful.

BigAl33
03-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Garcia was'nt that good, obviously how many teams... Mcnabb went to a Super Bowl with TO, has'nt been back since. Romo is more worried about being on the cover of STAR and Jessica's Boobies (can't blame him there). McNabb is the only real QB out of that bunch and he "handled" him fine. Trent will be fine, he's not a fragile little guy like you think. And again, he's smarter than your average QB...

Goodfellas
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Garcia was'nt that good, obviously how many teams... Mcnabb went to a Super Bowl with TO, has'nt been back since. Romo is more worried about being on the cover of STAR and Jessica's Boobies (can't blame him there). McNabb is the only real QB out of that bunch and he "handled" him fine. Trent will be fine, he's not a fragile little guy like you think. And again, he's smarter than your average QB...

Hopefully. I enjoy watching the Bills on TV. Before every home game I root for the Blackout Rule :D

BigAl33
03-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah.. I'm mostly a TV guy myself. I can't take the kids to the game... I live about 3/4 mile from the stadium, I can hear most of the noise outside. Pretty cool. I really do think Trent can handle the mental side. I just hope he's got enough talent, we have'nt been able to find a QB since Jimbo....

Goodfellas
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
I was there in the early 80s to see them vs the cowboys.

First play Greg Bell ran like 85 yds for a touchdown :cool:

BigAl33
03-16-2009, 12:37 AM
AHH Greg Bell, a one hit wonder. 1000 yd rookie year and gone..

Curt James
04-08-2009, 02:42 AM
I hate all you f***ers. Can't talk sports for sh!t. Was raised by a pack of knitters and crossword puzzle aficionados. :mad:

BigAl33
04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
You can convert Curt. How far are you from Philly? Huge sports town, teams with tradition, and most of the time relavent.. Not like Buffalo....

Now I think you are a F****R for living near a city with better teams....:mad:

Not only better MORE... AN MLB TEAM, and an NBA TEAM.. :confused::mad: