PDA

View Full Version : Getting the hard as nails, and bone dry look naturally

raylove
03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Without the use of supplements such as novedex xt by gaspari and ergo pharm's 6oxo, since its banned in the INBF and im not sure if they are allowed in the NGA or OCB, what is the best way to keep estrogen levels to an absolute minimum during contest prep and up through the competition to achieve that hard, dry look? i.e. doug miller, skip lacour, alex azarian...

J Franco
03-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Hate to say it, but the bottom line is to give yourself enough time to get as lean as possible.
Personally, I didnt use any supplements to regulate estro as many are banned by the OCB/IFPA.

raylove
03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Hate to say it, but the bottom line is to give yourself enough time to get as lean as possible.
Personally, I didnt use any supplements to regulate estro as many are banned by the OCB/IFPA.

Thanks a lot man, i appreciate it. I know getting as lean as you can is a good start lol but I know that wont be the only thing i have to do to turn pro and compete with the big boys. I have heard there are ways to achieve that look through diet but I'm not confident that it will work.

powergraham
03-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I read an article before about sodium and water loading, basically overloading the system, so it will force it more and overcompensate, so you look drier.....however, I don't know if that works, theres a million pieces of literature out there on the subject.

rockhard
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
There are no tricks or supplements to achieve that look. As Joe said, that is just conditioning at the highest level and it CAN be done naturally. Proper diet, training, and a smart cardio plan is what it takes.

NATURAL-1987
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Without the use of supplements such as novedex xt by gaspari and ergo pharm's 6oxo, since its banned in the INBF and im not sure if they are allowed in the NGA or OCB, what is the best way to keep estrogen levels to an absolute minimum during contest prep and up through the competition to achieve that hard, dry look? i.e. doug miller, skip lacour, alex azarian...

Dude, the more shows you compete in the more lean,full,dry,and hard you will look through learning your body more and more. Compare each of your contest photos and see if each show this happened. Then say if you did 3 shows in 3 years and you changed X amount. You should be able to change X amount plus the next 3 because you will know your body that much better. I checked out your pix a while back dude....and no b.s. you will be a Natty Pro before your 25 if you plan your time right. No secrets, no short cuts, just bust your butt daily and it will happen.

J Franco
03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks a lot man, i appreciate it. I know getting as lean as you can is a good start lol but I know that wont be the only thing i have to do to turn pro and compete with the big boys. I have heard there are ways to achieve that look through diet but I'm not confident that it will work.

Its worked for me! :dunno:

And its true. Keeping at it and time is a big help. I may have weighed the same 4 years ago, but my look was much better.

Shoe
03-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Just keep at it. Patients is the only magic bullet that I have found and it works like a charm.

raylove
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks to all you guys. Im slowly learning there really is no trick to this sport lol. Basically its come in the most shredded you can and youll most likely look hard and dry, and from there its just trying to get full to the point before you spill over. I really want this pro card this year to make a splash in the pro ranks for the near future and if its gonna take being the leanest I ever have been then game on and bring on the cardio!

TSquared
03-31-2010, 03:30 PM

You could get away using hormones in the NGA but probably not the OCB.

But why would you?

That hard dry look is a result of great preperation, discipline and sacrifice and a very solid understanding of their own body.

Anyone can pop pills.

NATURAL-1987
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
You could get away using hormones in the NGA but probably not the OCB.

But why would you?

That hard dry look is a result of great preperation, discipline and sacrifice and a very solid understanding of their own body.

Anyone can pop pills.

You sir, are correct!

apotheosis
04-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I agree with Shoe, patience is key. As stated earlier, there is no magic in bodybuilding despite some tainted popular opinions on supplementation drug use etc. Before thinking about what supplements to use, one needs to consider the basis of one's own program; a proper combination of diet, training, rest, and common sense is paramount to learning about how one attains any bodybuilding goal. Like all sciences, there exists a most efficient, and most effective way to do anything. Everyone has the same inherent biological functions, (roughly) as Mike Mentzer once said, without knowing that we all have the same fundamental functions as humans, we wouldn't be able to make diagnosis, write anatomy books, etc. However, every person differs in the efficiency, potential, and extent of those fundamental biological functions. Whether it is getting lean, bulking or what have you, knowing YOUR variable biological processes will help you apply whatever is necessary and attain your goal. Supplements are just as the name entails, they are an extra addition to a diet or other fixture that supplies more of something required or not fulfilled. Getting lean is a simple manipulation to the fundamental bodybuilding equation. Nonetheless, complications occur when one realizes that some program that Joe Somebody posted online will not work once exercised. To skip all of the turmoil that I myself, as well as countless others, have faced, take some time and write down what you are eating at the moment, and how you are training. Look at your data and take a few minutes to think; is my diet ACTUALLY conducive to leaning out i.e. is my equation of macros nutrients still in correct balance, and is my training helping me? Am I making progress toward my goal? All of these things will help you. Like any other sport (or discipline for that matter) PRACTICE. Try the whole process once, see where your calculations are incorrect and then redesign your program. If you end up, say, coming in a few pounds heavier than the last time you competed with the same body fat, look, etc, progress has been made. As a natural, precision is key to ending up just that much better, or more specifically in your case, leaner than before. I actually work with Fitness_by_Alex when discussing dietary and nutritional breakdowns. If you have any specific questions you can PM me, I would be happy to oblige.
Apotheosis