PDA

View Full Version : bb age requirements?

mareck
03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
i'm new to all of this and i'm fifteen so i'm wondering is there an age requirement to compete in bb? i want to compete, but i don't really know much at all about it.

MusclesMarinara
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
there are teen divisions at most shows. the one i went to had a teen a (16-17) and a teen b (18-19).

joelster
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
We had a guy at a show over the summer who was 15. He had to have his parents sign a consent form, no biggie though.

NATURAL-1987
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
If your under 18 usually parents have to sign registration form. There is actually a girl who is 13 in the current Inside Fitness Canada issue. Never too young to start competing.

mareck
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
alright thanks. yeah i'm 15, but i'm getting some good striation without trying to cut up and thought i might try competing

mareck
03-26-2010, 11:00 PM
okay i want to participate next year so as soon as i can, i'll post up some pics of where i am now. how many weeks should i space out my progression pics?

GirlyMuscle
03-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Just post up one set for now. Depends what your goals are...bulking, cutting, etc.

mareck
03-27-2010, 12:23 AM
my goals are definitely bulking! i'm trying to post up pics, but the computer with the pics won't connect to the internet.

mareck
03-27-2010, 01:10 AM
here i think this should work

miamibodybuilder
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
lucky for you there is NO age requirement to become a bodybuilder man. actually the younger you start the more knowledge you'll pick up along the way. you're actually starting alot earlier than most so thats an advantage for you. but at the same time it could be your downfall. make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and be sure to enjoy and have FUN doing it otherwise it's gonna feel like a burden after some time. be a teenager and do your teenage things and if you decide to compete, give it your all and dont half ass it. this is a tough sport as is when you're an adult so it'll be much tougher for you since you're so young. and be sure to pick up all the knowledge possible from people and competitors around you who know what they're talking about. dont just listen to anybody. find competitors or prep coaches to help you out. theres another site like this one thats really good for natural guys, www.naturalfreakworld.com, check it out.

Dedication
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Nice upper back man. But look up online on how to pose and practice. Posing right is kinda hard and a lot of people mess up on it.

If your under 18 usually parents have to sign registration form. There is actually a girl who is 13 in the current Inside Fitness Canada issue. Never too young to start competing.

That my friend is insane. I can't believe there is a 13 year old that is that dedicated! When I was 13 I was obese :(

Dedication
02-18-2011, 02:38 PM
and I just saw that this is from 2010! :(