PDA

View Full Version : Newbie starting first anavar cycle

Hotk
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone! First time posting and first time experience with var. I just want to start out by saying I love the forum on this website! Everyone seems very knowledgable and nice! I also want to say that I am well aware of the risks and benefits with what I have decided to do. I've done my research. Now on to the fun stuff!

Height: 5'1"
Weight 110 lbs
BF%: approx 10-11%
Years training: 20+

I train 7 days a week:

Mon-Legs
Tues-Bi's, abs, cardio
Wed-tris', cardio
Thurs-Back, abs
Fri-Chest, cardio
Sat-Shoulders
Sun-Calves, cardio, abs

I stretch everyday. As for cardio...hate it!! 20-30 mins tops. If I do a HIIT it will for 15 mins. My diet stays very strict and clean year round, mainly so I don't have to do too much cardio:)

Diet:

M1-egg whites, oats, black coffee
M2-Chocolate Protein shake
M3-Lean meat/either brown rice or sweet potato/veggies
M4-White rice/protein (Post workout)
M5-Lean meat/veggies
M6-Walnuts/ff cottage cheese

for supps I take creatine, fish oil, vit c and milk thistle.

Goals: I have competed in the past. Not 100% sure I want to compete again. But I do know I need more muscle if I do. Which is the reason for the var.

I will be starting my first cycle in about a week. This is what I am planning on and feel free to help me out!!

Week 1-2 starting out at 5 mg a day. 2.5 mg in am and 2.5 pm. Seems low but just want to be smart and minimize any sides.
Week 2-10 upping it to 10 mg a day 5 mg am and 5 mg pm. From what I've ready I shouldn't go above 10mg. Right?

Anyway, hope this isn't too long winded and I that I get a response:) I plan on posting my whole experience from any sides I get to how I feel and pics!

sassy69
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Looks like you've got all your bases covered. No real need to go > 10 mg / day. When you start getting up to like 20 mg /day, the sides start to exceed the benefits and most people move up to an injectible if they want "more".

I would also include acidophilus in your supplement pile to help balance the "good" and "bad" vaginal bacteria - any AAS has the tendency to promote the "bad" bacteria and produce yeast infections.

Hotk
03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the reply! I've seen that acidophilus stuff at the Vitamin Shoppe. I'll pick some up for sure!!! Don't really need the hassle of a yeast infection:) Yuck. My var is in transit. Is it normal to be nervous?

sassy69
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply! I've seen that acidophilus stuff at the Vitamin Shoppe. I'll pick some up for sure!!! Don't really need the hassle of a yeast infection:) Yuck. My var is in transit. Is it normal to be nervous?

Welcome to the Dark Side!

tammyp
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
if you are trying to build i personally would cut the cardio. our stats are very much the same as when i started and i had great results w just lifting heavy and eating enough. gl!

debbiebramwell
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
training 7 days a week is a no no. Your body needs rest. 5 days a week is plenty. Rest is as important as training.:)

GeminiJedi
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Rest is when you actually grow. You tear down your muscles in the gym--in order to grow you have to rest.

Hotk
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
if you are trying to build i personally would cut the cardio. our stats are very much the same as when i started and i had great results w just lifting heavy and eating enough. gl!

Done!! Thanks! Hate cardio anyway:) And yes I am trying to bluild. I used to be one of those people who did hours of cardio! I feel I look WAY better now that I'm not doing to much.

Hotk
03-24-2010, 03:51 PM
training 7 days a week is a no no. Your body needs rest. 5 days a week is plenty. Rest is as important as training.:)

Even when taking var? On days off active rest and stretching?

sassy69
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Even when taking var? On days off active rest and stretching?

Fuel / Lift / Recover. Regardless of the drugs. Your body needs those as its foundation - everything else is just a supplement to that.

tammyp
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
stretching is fine, but you need to recover when you are in a growing phase. its taxing on the body no matter what you are taking.

Hotk
03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Should I be doing 2 bodyparts a day? Right now I'm only doing 1.

tammyp
03-25-2010, 07:47 AM
heres a typical split:

chest tris
legs
shoulders
back bis

do 4 days, 2 off repeat

debbiebramwell
03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
heres a typical split:

chest tris
legs
shoulders
back bis

do 4 days, 2 off repeat

you could switch that around as well...my back requires alot more work then shoulders so I do it by itself . It really depends on your body and what you need to work on.

Heres what I do during prep time

chest/pullups/pulldowns/abs
legs(quads)
off
shoulders /hams
back(pullups/rows)
arms
off

offseason

chest/bis
legs
off
shoulders/tris
back
off
off

Hotk
03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a day or two off during the week. Maybe part of the reason I wasn't seeing results was the fact I was training everyday. I'll try some of the bodypart split routines and see how I feel. :)

Suzanne
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I usually train 6 days a week

Current split
mon delts
tues arms
wed back
thur off
fri chest/tri/delts (cpl exercise on tris/delts just get really good pump)
sat back/traps/bis (just get good bi pump) cheat meal
sun legs

I try to hit parts i want to improve twice a week back used to be way way behind then i started hitting twice a week now one of my best parts

sassy69
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
There are many ways to approach a split that works for you, but I really think you need to have at least one day off. A big part of "fitness" keeping it moving. If you do a big push of EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME because you want "quick results" or are "scared of losing gains" or whatever, it will work for a while, and then you burn out. The secret is two things - consistency, but also taking a cyclic approach that gives time to recover within the program instead of going balls to the wall, burning out, stopping and then struggling to get going again.

You might also read up on Periodization - this is following a larger cycle of training one step up from the weekly split - it looks at a phase of heavy lifts, and then a phase of lighter, higher rep lifting to recover from the heavy phase, but keep moving forward - sort of like a cruise phase before you hit it hard again. Another way of looking at it is just to change up your program or at least the exercises every 6-8 weeks. There are no hard & fast rules - but just more important to keep things moving, give a rest within the program, and change things up every so often so your body doesn't just get comfortable w/ the one program.

tammyp
03-26-2010, 06:02 AM
look in the training journals as well for ideas.

this has been my spilit this year and i hae made good gains. back and quads are focus

sun back thickness
mon chest tris
tues quads bis
wed off
thur back width
fri hams shoulders
sat off

Hotk
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Should I run anything else with the var?

Hotk
04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Started my first cycle of var 10 days ago. Decided to start at 10mg ed, split doses 5mg at 0630 and 5mg at 1530. So far I look and feel great. Noticed increased vascularity and muscle hardness. My abs finally started to get real hard and show definition on about day 5. So far no sides. I know it can take up to 2 weeks for the compound to fully take effect. My diet and training are spot on. I've upped my water intake. One thing I did notice is increased thirst, don't know if this is from the var or something else. I love var:) It feels so amazing to to diet and train and FINALLY get the results I'm after!!

megaladon6
06-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Any update?

Hotk
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Wow! Thought that thread was toast! Update! Yes! Var is awesome!! I have about 4 weeks left to my cycle and the results are far better than I hoped for. I'm stronger, my abs just seem to pop without much dieting!!! Of course I eat clean anyway. I cycled some inj Primo with it as well. Stopped the Primo after 8 weeks due to extreme inj site pain and bronchitis:(
I had my BP taken, normal. I haven't had any labs yet but will when the cycle is over. Hopefully my liver didn't take a hard hit.