PDA

View Full Version : Training Routine for a Explosive Chest workout!

Shariff Abel
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Training Routine for a Explosive Chest workout!

A Strong Powerful explosive massive Chest with nice Structure and Detail.

Please:
Post your Chest workout here and share your Techniques.

Thanks.

djh0582
03-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Incline Bench- warmup set(failure), One heavy sets(10 reps), heaviest set(5 to 7 reps) final set warmup set(failure). Decline(Hammer Strength)-Same as incline. Dumbell Fly- 3 Sets(7 to 10 reps). Machine Flies- 3 sets medium weight 10 to 12 reps. Then if i'm feeling good I'll end it with some Cable Crossovers.

Ninja Loco
03-27-2010, 12:00 AM
One warm up set with 50% of your working weight.

-Rest 2 minutes.

Acclimation set with 75% of your working weight. This means no more than three reps.

-Rest two minutes

Begin your workout with your working weight. Get as many as you can.
-Rest 15 seconds
Go again, get as many as you can
-rest 15 seconds
Repeat until you cant get more than 5-6 reps

Drop down to 75% of your working weight and repeat above, but with 30 seconds rest. When you cant get more than 5-6 reps, drop to 50 and repeat with 10 seconds rest in between.

You wont need another chest exercise.

VinceRKG
05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
WOW that last post sounds insane....My biggest problem was how heavy and how long to do warmups at. I did not want to fatigue my muscles too much to where I can not lift a lot. What about flyes? or wide grip bench?

Chris Pearce
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I JUST read an article/study that was out of Rutgers Univ. that showed Pec Deck exercises resulted in the most overall gains (compared to an inclined DB, inclined bench, flat DB, flat bench, and DB fly, and control groups).

Normally I use Pec Deck last and use it as a finishing move for a tight squeeze/contraction for my inner chest. Last week I did Pec Deck machine first. I went a little heavier, got a tight squeeze, and I was SORE.

I've got the article in printed form, I'll see if I can find a link. I'll post it.

But normally my chest workout goes as follows:
Incline Bench Press: 4 sets, 8-10 Reps; Failure at each set
Incline DB Press: 4 sets, 8-10 Reps; Failure at each set...
Incline DB Fly: 4 sets, 10-15 Reps; Failure at each set... last set I'll superset by doing an incline DB Press (with the weights used for DB Fly)
Pec Deck: 3 Sets, 10-12 Reps... Getting the BEST possible squeeze/contraction.

If anyone sees a problem with my workout please let me know. I've really been working on my chest. It's one of my weakest (aesthetically) body parts. I struggle most with upper, middle, and upper middle chest.

James Tucci
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I have seen nothing but strength gains with DC, so now I am JUMPING on the DC bandwagon, BECAUSE IT WORKS!!!

RP 2 a week

Chris Pearce
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
DoggCrapp training doesn't make sense to me... Never tried it... but I'm growing on my own workout (with the exception of maybe my chest) so I'm not going to change anything

Justin198922
05-12-2010, 03:33 AM
I JUST read an article/study that was out of Rutgers Univ. that showed Pec Deck exercises resulted in the most overall gains (compared to an inclined DB, inclined bench, flat DB, flat bench, and DB fly, and control groups).

Normally I use Pec Deck last and use it as a finishing move for a tight squeeze/contraction for my inner chest. Last week I did Pec Deck machine first. I went a little heavier, got a tight squeeze, and I was SORE.

I've got the article in printed form, I'll see if I can find a link. I'll post it.

But normally my chest workout goes as follows:
Incline Bench Press: 4 sets, 8-10 Reps; Failure at each set
Incline DB Press: 4 sets, 8-10 Reps; Failure at each set...
Incline DB Fly: 4 sets, 10-15 Reps; Failure at each set... last set I'll superset by doing an incline DB Press (with the weights used for DB Fly)
Pec Deck: 3 Sets, 10-12 Reps... Getting the BEST possible squeeze/contraction.

If anyone sees a problem with my workout please let me know. I've really been working on my chest. It's one of my weakest (aesthetically) body parts. I struggle most with upper middle, and upper middle chest.

Hey bud, if I were u throw out the incline db press and throw in a flat dbpress. Doing incline bb then incline db, followed by incline flys is a
bit much on the upper chest. Even if you're trying to bring up your upper chest it's alot.

baronsrugby
07-19-2010, 10:02 PM
I'll be honest, I feel like my chest is the weakest part of my body, or at least the part of my body where I feel like I lack the most. What's interesting about the above posted workouts is I don't see anyone using a flat bench press. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I can't seem to get above the 225 mark. Let me give some background

About a year ago, I weighed 335, I stand about 5'10. So I dieted, hit the gym, and by about Spring of this year, I got down to about 255. Now before, I could hit 255 on the bench, which is nothing for someone over 300, I know that, but now it's like I'm stuck at this 225 number and it's driving me nuts. Maybe it's because I know that with dieting and doing lots of cardio, you're bound to lose some muscle here and there and maybe I shouldn't worry about it. Anyway, my question is this.

Should I even bother with doing flat bench press? Or should I focus on doing other exercises that might better build up my chest? I know it may seem like an obvious question, but I've been working out off and on for the past few years, and only in the last year have made it part of a weekly regimen. Any and all advice would be helpful.

finaplix1
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Get-Big-Pecs

jnickels
08-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Mine chest workouts are pretty basic but have been working great for me. I had shoulder surgery to repair torn cartilage so some of chest exercises i don't do becasue they used to hurt and i don't want to have the surgery again.

First exercise is always Incline; 90% of the time w/ barbell -i do 3-4 working sets pyramiding up til i hit failure around 6 reps.

Then flat bench db 4 sets with the same scheme as incline.

Then DB flyes or pec deck 4 sets 8-10 reps to near failure on each set.

The either a press machine or cbl x-overs 3 sets of 30 reps each just for "good measure".

Nothing to crazy. I started seein the best results when i stopped worrying about moving weigh and focused on squeezing the muscle (same is true for all muscle groups). We've all heard it a million times but the more i practice it the more i preach it and believe it. If body building is your goal, train like a body builder, not a power lifter.

miamibodybuilder
02-04-2011, 07:26 AM
well i mean in my opinion when it comes to chest, a big upper chest is what makes it look even bigger. so i focus alot on inclines but i do not neglect flat benches and flyes. the main thing i do is to ALWAYS use a variety of rep ranges and angles. also i incorporate Eric Brosers P/RR/S system into my chest routines, which also changes up rep speed, tempo and holds at the stretch position. check out this site and see for yourself to get some ideas man. good luck http://prrsguru.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=train