PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Train? Covered Up or Showing As Much Skin As Possible?

joedemarco
03-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Just curious how most of you like to train. Personally, I like to keep covered up. I'm usually a double sweat shirt guy. I like to keep my muscles really warm while I'm training to prevent injuries. I like to have a good sweat going during my training session. I also usually have the baseball cap on just above the eyes so that I don't end up making much eye contact with anyone (This way no one bothers me and I don't get into any conversations. Talk to me when I'm done training...lol).

My feeling is that I know what I look like and don't feel any need to impress anyone.

bodyhard
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I like to keep covered up. Hood, Adidas or Nike sweats pants usually with underarmor gear under.

No one talks to me, I think I look too nutty when I am training :D

GENESIS
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
im not a MASTER but i will answer.

mostly covered.

joedemarco
03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I like to keep covered up. Hood, Adidas or Nike sweats pants usually with underarmor gear under.

No one talks to me, I think I look too nutty when I am training :D

That's the look I'm going for...nutty and leave me the F--- alone. LOL

Youngguns
03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I like to workout with my shirt off, my gym is really small.

Mac
03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I almost always wear sweat pants and tank top when working upper body as I need the visual feedback of the pump. Not to impress others, only myself.

When training legs, I wear a loose fitting t-shirt. I usually wear a baseball cap to keep the bright overhead lights out of my eyes and reflection off the top of my head. It also keeps me from having eye contact. Often I see people's mouth moving and asking me questions and I must say I am just plain rude and ignore them if they're interrupting my set.

I don't usually talk to anyone, except my girl when she's there and the music is always blaring from my iPod.

gman
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
voted no preference as my combo was not listed.

shorts and the skimpiest tank tops possible, I want to show off

except right now I am wearing t-shirts since I haven't shaved in 10 days.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Depends on the temp in the gym. Usually shorts and t shirt or tank.

D_T
03-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I dress for comfort. I'm in SoCal and I sweat like a bitch. Shorts & t-shirt all the time.

bodyhard
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
That's the look I'm going for...nutty and leave me the F--- alone. LOL

I swear no one really talks to me, my own sons while training with me just stay quite and then they joke when we are at home and tell my wife "Yo pops is crazy he becomes a totally different person when he is in the Gym he is nuts!"

My wife went to the gym with me once and said she had no clue who the fuck I was and she has been with me for 28 years!

Honestly i just don't have time for bullshit I am in there to do my thing and out and while I am there I am 100% focus.

GirlyMuscle
03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Depends. Off season...covered. Contest prep...uncovered.

SallyAnne
03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
cold weather - covered. right now I'm wearing long sleeves to the gym. In the summer, smaller clothes.

Ninja Loco
03-26-2010, 11:39 PM
I like a nice loin cloth, arm bands, feathers and beads in the mowhawk.

Oh. HOW I train, not how I WOULD LIKE to train.... my bad. I dont like feeling sweaty cause Im built funny and it gets uncomfortable when the shirt gets wet. My gym has no AC or heat so in winter it's sweats and a shirt, a bandana under a cap or a beanie, long socks and shox. Summer it's boxing, fight or workout shorts and boxing shoes. Sometimes a tank top but hardly ever.

Shariff Abel
03-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I like to train with a long sleev shirt i hate people staring at me ! theres allot of jelous or homo in the gym's these day's ...

Sledge
03-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Tank top or T shirt and shorts for training. And shopping, going to the pub and just about everything else too.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Jogging pants, T-shirt, and beanie/skullcap.

barbellbarbie
03-27-2010, 12:18 AM
shorts or leggings with a tank top.. my gym is like 90 degrees and humid i would die in sweats

Big_P
03-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Tracksuit/sweat pants, usually a hoody, with a t-shirt underneath for when im warmed up.

hrd
03-27-2010, 01:03 AM
I usually wear shorts and t shirt because I sweat like a pig.

antonbrn
03-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Depends on the temp in the gym. Usually shorts and t shirt or tank.

The same for me. In the summer time I wear shorts and a T-Shirt, but during the winter, I wear sweats and a long shelve shirt.

Lann1011
03-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Bra top/halter top with bare back and small black shorts..

sassy69
03-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Go w/ the weather & the phase of contest prep.

MacFlashGordon
03-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Chicken Suit or Darth Vader Costume. Not really.
Used to be all covered up regardless. Bit less self conscious now.

Hammerfit
03-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I like to keep covered and cap down across my eyes and IPod in so people cant make eye contact and try to talk to me. I dont want to socialize I am there to train w intensity and get out.

However when prepping for a show I flex between each set and stretch. So I strip down to my tank or shorts to see the muscle contracting while posing. I think this very important also when doing WS to failure for mind to muscle connection. Great article in this month's Flex from Ton Freeman about this.

Sandpig
03-27-2010, 08:31 AM

Serious? :drool:

T shirt and sweat pants in the winter
T shirt and shorts in the summer, although my calves suck so I really shouldn't be wearing shorts.

LANCE SPENCER
03-27-2010, 09:06 AM
cover up when fat ass and strip off when in decent shape onwards hehe,the better my condition the less clothes i have on

sassy69
03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Chicken Suit or Darth Vader Costume. Not really.
Used to be all covered up regardless. Bit less self conscious now.

I would pay money to see this. So do you consider the Chicken Feet to be more or less helpful on leg day? I would think they'd be great for balance on DLs but might get in the way on a leg press? And I'd think the Darth Vader face mask & helmet might get caught in a front press or lat pulldown.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Here is a pic taken in my first gym Bert Goodrich Hollywood Gym around 1955. One of those skinny ass kids could be old Baldie at 14. This was the home of Steve Reeves, Larry Scott and Bill Smith. Too bad they were not in this pic...

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I didnt absorb anything in this thread after this....

Lann1011
03-27-2010, 04:54 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=410&pictureid=4422
Serious? :drool:

T shirt and sweat pants in the winter
T shirt and shorts in the summer, although my calves suck so I really shouldn't be wearing shorts.

It is not as exciting as you all think :)

Youngguns
03-27-2010, 04:55 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=410&pictureid=4422

It is not as exciting as you all think :)
Looks like we'll need to see pics to settle this.

Lann1011
03-27-2010, 11:58 PM
uhm... that is why I posted a pic... to settle it...

fatbackgoal
03-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Will be going with covered up until I am contest ready.

esplendido
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Guess I've never been too self-conscious in the gym. In fact, I find the double sweatshirt/hoody guys funny. We have them in my gym, and usually they really think they're something. I just let my training and conditioning tell the story.

Usually a tank top and light sweatpants in the winter and shorts in the summer. But I might start wearing a hoody and skullcap to look cool.....

Oh, and no one talks to me/us when training. We train intensely enough that no one would dare interrupt.

D_T
03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
I tried wearing a sweatshirt over a sleeveless T the other day for chest/delts. By the time I finished chest and took off the sweatshirt I was so soaked I was freezing. I hated that. I don't understand people who train in sweats unless your gym is like 60 degrees.

MacFlashGordon
04-01-2010, 04:30 AM
I would pay money to see this. So do you consider the Chicken Feet to be more or less helpful on leg day? I would think they'd be great for balance on DLs but might get in the way on a leg press? And I'd think the Darth Vader face mask & helmet might get caught in a front press or lat pulldown.

You'd be surprised Sassy. The chicken outfit flatters on the pull down due to the phenomenal 'wings' that are on display. However the 'beak' has poked the odd spotter in the eye during bench exercises. Hmmm.
It's strange really but the Vader suit just seem to allow one to be able to shift just about anything. I haven't felt the force since....Anyway..The downside is the bumping into everything (eyepieces are a fraction turbid).

LANCE SPENCER
04-01-2010, 04:40 AM
lovely outfit lann

browny133
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
before i start..lann baby you is yummy...but anyway the clothing thing....yeah wotever im back to look at lann..

Lann1011
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
ha ha thanks guys :)

browny133
04-06-2010, 06:51 AM
stay covered.stay warm..im never happy with my body so when i get home from the gym and i've lost my pump and look flat im not so dissapointed when i take my clothes off..in fact i dont think i've seen my body fully pumped for years.gonna compete again next year so maybe then.