PDA

View Full Version : Best Bodybuilder friendly fast food chain?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Granted, they are all junk. But if there had to be one... maybe several that could count as the one... what is the best chain, in terms of food, to frequent?

Sandpig
03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Taste wise, I love IN N Out burger. It's a west coast chain.

but national ones, I like Wendys for burgers or Jack for breakfast burritos.

barbellbarbie
03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
muscle maker is a chain now isnt it?i would think that one would be pretty healthy :) the firehouse SHOULD be. i love that place and dont think you should have to live around here to get to go there.

in and out? EW most over rated burgers EVER.. thin nasty burgers with thousand island on them lol its like PART of a big mac lol i was furious i wasted a cheat meal on that place. Carls Jr >In and out

LANCE SPENCER
03-27-2010, 08:59 AM
any hehe

Sandpig
03-27-2010, 09:03 AM
in and out? EW most over rated burgers EVER.. thin nasty burgers with thousand island on them lol its like PART of a big mac lol i was furious i wasted a cheat meal on that place. Carls Jr >In and out
I get the 4x4.:)
I only get the burgers with cheese and mustard on them.
No veggies or dressing. :no:

barbellbarbie
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
I only get the burgers with cheese and mustard on them.
No veggies or dressing. :no:

i think ill pass. i got the carb free single and some fries.. left hungry and very blah about it.. i went.. its fine.. im done there :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-27-2010, 09:40 AM
muscle maker is a chain now isnt it?i would think that one would be pretty healthy :) the firehouse SHOULD be. i love that place and dont think you should have to live around here to get to go there.

No Muscle Maker in this part of the country. :no:

Ninja Loco
03-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I think Arby's isnt too bad. Definately not while on a cut or prep but every other day it seems fine. All they serve is roast beef samiches, so.... so far so good with me.

El Pollo Loco, obviously :)

KFC's roasted chicken is expensive as hell but well worth it.

SallyAnne
03-27-2010, 01:45 PM

You have to order it protein style with mustard, no crap sauce, no grilled onions. It's actually pretty healthy for a ff burger this away.

thesamewords
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Taste wise, I love IN N Out burger. It's a west coast chain.

but national ones, I like Wendys for burgers or Jack for breakfast burritos.
Exactly, Sandpig knows whats up.
http://hungrypilgrims.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/in_n_out_logo.jpg

AVBG
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Great question! I'd say any chicken joint.. Mainly because any breads or potatoes would then be optional.

thesamewords
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I only get the burgers with everything on them animal style.
. :yep:
Fixed

joe d
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
a pizza shop would be the best place to go most of them sell slices. id get a few of those with some veggies on them and a milk.

GENESIS
03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
i shouldn't have opened this thread while dieting...

joe d
03-27-2010, 05:16 PM
i shouldn't have opened this thread while dieting...

lol go have a big mac already

Sandpig
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
a pizza shop would be the best place to go most of them sell slices. id get a few of those with some veggies on them and a milk.

Hell no! VEGGIES DO NOT BELONG ON PIZZA! :no:

joe d
03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Hell no! VEGGIES DO NOT BELONG ON PIZZA! :no:

chicken, mushroom, onion, green/red peppers, garlic, spinach, evoo on a whole grain crust makes for a bad ass white pizza imo. o course a pizza shop isnt going to have these ready as a slice pie.

Tu Holmes
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
El Pollo Loco.

Bona fide
03-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone have one of these near-by?

hulk7510
04-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Anyone have one of these near-by?
hell yes! 2 of them.i like the buffalo meat burgers.also have turkey and ostrich if thats your flavor.the regular beef kicks ass too.and not greasy!my only problem when i eat there is pouring melted jalapeno cheese all over my taters!mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!:drool:

cook
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Wendy`s is a good choice.You can get a grilled chicken sandwich with a plain baked potato or a side salad.My problem is I go there with that in mind and then I order the triple meat cheeseburger.

hulk7510
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
i just went and ate at fuddruckers!2/3lb three cheese burger,potatoe wedges with jalapeno melted cheese all over them.i had to eat them with a fork!no worries though,i had a diet pepsi to wash it all down.:allgood:

anabolic fyre
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Planet wings~~!!!

GRAVESY
04-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Boston Market, 8oz of turkey breast meat, hold the gravey. I dont get sides but they have green beans, swt potato, regualr potato, all the fixing. and chicken as well, but i get the turk.

TheShoemaker
04-04-2010, 01:55 AM
the little cafe on the top level of Cabela's sporting goods has really good buffalo burgers

mshrdbdy
04-05-2010, 11:47 AM
the little cafe on the top level of Cabela's sporting goods has really good buffalo burgers

DITTO!! Love buffalo and elk burgers.. protein style w/ lots of mustard, tomatoes and and fresh onions:drool:

Biggie973
04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Muscle Maker Grill to me

Joshua H
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Muscle Maker Grill

LisaRD23
04-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't consider Muscle Maker Grill "Fast Food"...but it is a good option. I have one near my job and the food is great. Before prep I'd get my lunch from there every Friday. Servings big enough that I had extra food to take home for later or Sat afternoon.

If I'm on the run with the family...any chicken place is good. We have a Pollo Tropical near me and I can order chicken breast and a tomatoe w/ balsamic.

Wendy's for an absolute emergency. Grilled chicken sandwich....toss the bun and a side salad from the dollar menu.

SallyAnne
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't consider Muscle Maker Grill "Fast Food"...but it is a good option. I have one near my job and the food is great. Before prep I'd get my lunch from there every Friday. Servings big enough that I had extra food to take home for later or Sat afternoon.

If I'm on the run with the family...any chicken place is good. We have a Pollo Tropical near me and I can order chicken breast and a tomatoe w/ balsamic.

Wendy's for an absolute emergency. Grilled chicken sandwich....toss the bun and a side salad from the dollar menu.

I ate at one for the first time when I was in Florida. Goooooood.

FitnBuf
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Tokyo Joes

thesamewords
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I thought bb'ers were eatin more at the panda express these days

The Ultimate Warrior
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
WENDY'S is most definitley the best option for a bodybuilder, or anyone for that matter when it comes to fast food options.

You have many choices here and some of them include the classic grilled chicken sans bun with a plain baked potato and unsweetened tea for a lean bodybuilding meal. And they also have the BEST cheeseburgers if you want a nice mass meal.

Wendy's quality is in the upper echelon as well. Their beef is North American, and most importantly, its always FRESH, never frozen which goes a long way in taste.

jstevenson460
04-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Muscle Maker Grill!! If you are in Jerey you should be able to find one no problem! And they even sell great Supplements, ie: Cellucor

Wrex
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
WENDY'S is most definitley the best option for a bodybuilder, or anyone for that matter when it comes to fast food options.

You have many choices here and some of them include the classic grilled chicken sans bun with a plain baked potato and unsweetened tea for a lean bodybuilding meal. And they also have the BEST cheeseburgers if you want a nice mass meal.

Wendy's quality is in the upper echelon as well. Their beef is North American, and most importantly, its always FRESH, never frozen which goes a long way in taste.
Love Wendys, Burgers and chicken... Triple Baconater!!! McDonalds double quater pounder with cheese, and grilled snack wraps. Burger King Triple stacker, Double whooper, Chicken also taste good there... And of course KFC double downs... Man I can eat so much fast food at one time.. I always have to try to limit myself.. but I'm 21, mine as well live it up while I can!!!

Wrex
06-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Muscle Maker Grill!! If you are in Jerey you should be able to find one no problem! And they even sell great Supplements, ie: Cellucor

Never heard of that, any gonna open in New York?

HammerStrength12
06-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Never heard of that, any gonna open in New York?

There's 1 in Manhat I believe

danieleslinger02
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
5 guys is no doubt the best..... its a hands down win.... there beef is even organic lol, fucking place ROCKS!

G-Roy
08-04-2010, 12:34 AM
I dont know if everyone has them but a place called "Wings to go." Its a chain around here. 10 piece boneless garlic buffalo wings. 72gram sof protein 3 carbs, 20g of fat. Cant beat that especially on keto.

Curt James
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Wendy`s is a good choice.You can get a grilled chicken sandwich with a plain baked potato or a side salad.My problem is I go there with that in mind and then I order the triple meat cheeseburger.

Don't know which is actually healthiest, but I love Wendy's burgers.

My one keto meal is typically two Double Stacks (no bun, no condiments, no cheese), a bottle of water, and a side salad.

partsRheavy
10-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Not a chain, but get chicken fajita tacos (corn tortillas) at any of the many taco stands/places if you're in South Texas or Southern California.

The less Americanized the place is, the better the protein-to-carb ratio will be.

Suave_Howss
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Subway ??

Timbo89
10-16-2010, 05:06 AM
I'd have to agree with anyone saying wendy's for wide spread chains. Their salads are good, and you can add extra meat. The burgers and chicken burgers are good too.

For chains that aren't quite as big I usually go with Jungle Jim's

Mr.Bones
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
plain Jr Roast beefs at Arbys are not fried, taste good and diet safe

GeneticFr3ak
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
QUIZNOS subs !! (from canada, we have no variety of FF chains)

Aaron Singerman
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Five Guys... Yum.

Ibarramedia
10-19-2010, 07:14 PM
The regular fast food joints offer up salad selections on the menu.

BLUEBARON75
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
there really arent any "bodybuilder" friendly fast food chains out there, although subway can be alright if you know anything about nutrition

DenseUnit
12-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Well im in aus and keto as my staple dieting plan, so I'll have to go with

KFC, without fries or pepsi, its pretty much perfect

Its a shame we don't get the "double down" here.

partsRheavy
12-23-2010, 01:05 AM
I visited a place called "Samurai Sam's" that was set up sort of like a fast food place and it's a chain (mostly just in Arizona though).

They had pics of BB'rs on the wall!