PDA

View Full Version : Loose Skin

largesfc
03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Any tips on tightening loose skin from weight loss exept prep H!
Thanks Dave

Mac
03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Are you referring to loose skin in the abs? I have tried everything. It does not go away. There are some temporary reduction things you can do, but it's not worth it.

The only way to tighten it is to increase the muscle underneath or that other stuff, fat. My abs looked better when the muscles underneath were more developed and thicker. Not everyone wants larger abs or obliques but it does help, but not eliminate.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Costs between $1500 to $4000 depending where you live. Thermage. Not 100% but I'd say 80% if you have already rid yourself of your fat prior to treatment. Terribly painful...my gawd!!!! Lazer heat scrambles the collegen beneath the skin and during the healing process (120-150 days) completes its process. Slooooowly gets to its maximum effect it will have on you.

If you have that gynnie look around your navel you still will end up with a hint of it when done.

Baldie

bodyhard
03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Ironic this thread has been posted. My older brother Ric from VA was inquiring about loose skin as well. If this thread comes up with any good recommendation besides expensive treatments I will ask him to read up on it.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2010, 12:39 PM
My 70 year old belly 60 days after Thermage. Trust me....it looked like a Shar Pei puppys vagina. Took pic 3 min ago. Had gone from a 40" hoooofa belly down to my now girlie 31" :p.

Baldie

Mac
03-27-2010, 12:49 PM
My 70 year old belly 60 days after Thermage.

Wow. incredible results.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Lesson dont get too heavy when past 45 or so - and dont drop it too fast either.. My wife is starting to sell Avon now- they have a skin tightening toner cream which she wants me to try- BEFORE I get that problem. I am dubious- but she has free samples so will see..

Lann1011
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Thermage does hurt! I did it on my neck to tighten things up...

largesfc
03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks!

largesfc
05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Any supp that help?

musclemilf
05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
A friend of mine recommended yohimbeburn by anafit. I was almost tempted to try it last year, but read it can be absorbed into the blood stream and act as a therm. I can't hack coffee, let alone thermogenic supps. I've read nothing but good things about it though.

jscan1
05-22-2010, 01:58 PM
A friend of mine recommended yohimbeburn by anafit. I was almost tempted to try it last year, but read it can be absorbed into the blood stream and act as a therm. I can't hack coffee, let alone thermogenic supps. I've read nothing but good things about it though.

I used Yohimbe HCL with pretty good success, Don't take the Yohimbine makes you feel like shit, But the HCL is a great product. I hate most thermogenics they make me feel deadful but Yohimbe HCL I had no problems with during my prep I highly reccomend reading "the stubborn Fat Solution" by Lyle Mcdonald he gives a great approach to using it

tiramisu
05-22-2010, 02:05 PM
No supplements are going to help the loose skin. There are a couple of tightening things that are very temporary. Surgery is the answer. The picture above is a almost an advertising poster for the surgery. The ones I have looked at on youtube are no where near as good a result. I'm guessing it all depends on how bad it is in the first place. Kind of like lipo is best done on skinny guys, the best tummy tucks are done on those that don't really need them.

Skin elasticity is pretty much non-existent and it has no "memory". Start saving for surgery if that's what you need.

V-Man
05-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I was actually going to start a thread on this. For 49 I have no wrinkles or sags anywhere on my physique. But with fat reduction I am seeing a few in the lower ab area.

Doesn't seem like there is much hope except for surgery. I will try to build some muscle in the area.

Question I have is does the wrinkles have any effect on judging or is it overlooked.

I also hope to be back soon with a new journal. I want to get back in this forum. I was stupid for stopping mine, think it was just laziness on my part sorry.

Bazooka
05-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Costs between $1500 to $4000 depending where you live. Thermage. Not 100% but I'd say 80% if you have already rid yourself of your fat prior to treatment. Terribly painful...my gawd!!!! Lazer heat scrambles the collegen beneath the skin and during the healing process (120-150 days) completes its process. Slooooowly gets to its maximum effect it will have on you.

If you have that gynnie look around your navel you still will end up with a hint of it when done.

Baldie

so, if you had to do it all over again, never mind the cost, would you have gone with surgery instead?

KevinCouch
05-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I was actually going to start a thread on this. For 49 I have no wrinkles or sags anywhere on my physique. But with fat reduction I am seeing a few in the lower ab area.

Doesn't seem like there is much hope except for surgery. I will try to build some muscle in the area.

Question I have is does the wrinkles have any effect on judging or is it overlooked.

I also hope to be back soon with a new journal. I want to get back in this forum. I was stupid for stopping mine, think it was just laziness on my part sorry.

As we age loose skin becomes a problem for us... some have lose skin in lower abs and others (like me) have it in my lower back. Others will have it between the glute and ham area. Not REALLY a cure but building the muscle in that are will help fill in the lose skin. And yes the judges will take in consideration of your loose skin in your overal physique appearance. I haven't found any supplements to do much good. The best cure for loose skin is get as shredded as you can for a contest and fill up the final couple days with carbs....IMO.

Rick Prince
05-22-2011, 10:50 PM

Baldie

How many treatments/sessions did it take?

Mr.Dedication
05-23-2011, 12:11 AM
This thread makes me so sad! sigh! Would hgh, CJC, GHRP, or even GHRH help keep skin tighter or younger?

KevinCouch
05-23-2011, 12:38 AM
This thread makes me so sad! sigh! Would hgh, CJC, GHRP, or even GHRH help keep skin tighter or younger?

Yes, HGH to an extent but not 100%. I guess if we all had enough money for surgery and hgh it would make a significant difference.....

Baldiewonkanobi
05-23-2011, 07:18 AM
so, if you had to do it all over again, never mind the cost, would you have gone with surgery instead?

This is not surgery per se. Just lazer.....and looking at my before/after YES.
I would insist on a Valium this time. Ouch!!!!

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
05-23-2011, 07:19 AM
How many treatments/sessions did it take?

One.

Baldie

Hammerfit
05-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I have read Cutler talking about wrapping his waist in saran wrap before bed with some sort of cream that helps remove some water which will help with tightening of the skin. It seems temporary but I think the theory is if you keep doing it the skin will eventually start to tighten on it's on.

Personally, I think the only way to keep the skin tight is to work on your conditioning year round and keep the excess fat off. The skin has memory just as muscle does and will eventually tighten up as you replace bodyfat with lean muscle, but it takes time. So stay lean once you get there.

If you have lots of extra skin as in massive weight loss (1oolbs +) surgery or laser treaments.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Hard to find in the USA but old fashioned Prep H with 'SHARK LIVER OIL' slabed on with Saran Wrap does work for 12-24 hours. Here in Arizona we can get the Shark Liver Oil in the Prep H. We do not seem to have an issue with endangered sharks in Arizona. Rattle snakes and scorpions....yes.

Thurs night wrap up.
Friday stay wraped 'till afternoon.
Shower, shave and exfoliate. First round of color.
Sat. slather up the color. SHOW TIME. Tight belly.

Baldie

masterschamp
05-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Either build the area up with weighted resistance to "push out" against the loose skin or go the medical procedure route.

Keith

fishmeat
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I am 40... recently lost 70lbs since the end of December( 1 week before new years... couldn't wait a week) I have grown some back,glutes,& chest again from previous years... now 210lbs @ 6% bf...5 wks out from the Npc Az open gonna try Come in as a lt hvy, if not middleweight.. but I'm 5'10".... I should be 230 @ 4% onstage.... really. The growth has pulled alot, but.not all the skin tigth... hanging leg raises.. weighted rope crunches....

Baldiewonkanobi
06-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey Fish.....drop by Golds Peoria any morning around 8am and I can show you a 71 year old belly after Thermage.

Ask for Bill Mortimer

Baldie

JAM
06-23-2011, 01:36 AM
The longer you can keep the fat away from the area the skin will tighten up it just takes time.

Hammerfit
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a client that went from 350 to 225 in 11 months. He has the loose skin at the lower ab area. There is no cure other than surgery. It takes time for the skin to shrink back down. The best bet is to never get that way again. Filling the muscle bellies back up in the lower ab area obviously would not be a good option. About the only thing you can do until it comes back on it's own is too do as much core work as possible. I have been using an exercise called wood choppers w a db that is helping some with my client.

fishmeat
06-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Hey Fish.....drop by Golds Peoria any morning around 8am and I can show you a 71 year old belly after Thermage.

Ask for Bill Mortimer

Baldie
Will do Baldie..... I'll try swing thru next week sometime .... haven't checked out Golds yet... been tearin it up at fitness 1. 303 & greenway. Doin doubles 3x's a wk, sometimes triples 2x's a week preppin for the 23rd... rest/refeed Sundays.. juss holding at around 5.4% or so... don't need to tear much off at all. Got vertical veins in my abs & striated Xmas tree n glutes.. kinda growin into the show really..