PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania training vids

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Cena front squats 190 kilos the day before wrestlemania, power clean grip, ass to ground!!

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/wrestlemania/2010/march29-31/13951768

Compare that to Vince's ROM on the leg press haha

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
one thing I have always loved about Cena is his gym work ethic....you don't see that in the gyms around here!

swoleoneday
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
much respect for Cena... that dude doesn't play in the gym. that's alot of weight before a big match.

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 06:32 PM
one thing I have always loved about Cena is his gym work ethic....you don't see that in the gyms around here!

much respect for Cena... that dude doesn't play in the gym. that's alot of weight before a big match.

I really love the way he trains. To be honest, he trains better than 99% of the powerlifters and bodybuilders I know in person. I remember watching a vid of him doing 800lb rack pulls w/ no straps (really emphasizing the importance of no straps), 315 lb power cleans, 500lb ass to ground squats for reps, incline bench with chains. Say what you want about his wrestling skill, the dude's a machine. And I really believe him when he says he's natural. It's one thing when you see a guy like Batista doing 2 inch ROM leg presses, but with Cena does the hardest exercises with heavy ass weight. It's pretty impressive that his body can handle that type of training for a long period of time. I mean, who the hell picks GHD raises, barbell lunges, back squats and front squats on a leg day (and does them with flawless form and heavy weight)... Let alone the day before a 30 minute match with Batista!

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
did you see any of Dibease's HOF speech? one comment he made was about how it's not always the person with the most talent that makes it but the guy with the most passion and who is the most dependable....I definitely think you can lump Cena into that category...

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
did you see any of Dibease's HOF speech? one comment he made was about how it's not always the person with the most talent that makes it but the guy with the most passion and who is the most dependable....I definitely think you can lump Cena into that category...

I missed it, but Cena definitely falls into that category. I've yet to see a video of any other wrestler who trains smarter with that same kind of intesnity as Cena.

swoleoneday
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM

Cena is that category... he has average skills as a wrestler, but hard work and dependability has made him one of the greats of all time.

Bona fide
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Damn Cena looks to train pretty HARD..especially on THE DAY before Wrestlemania!:eek: