PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating MMA training with weight training...

samvic5150
03-11-2009, 01:27 AM
I just wanted to get some opinions on how I should include MMA training 2 days per week with weight training.:confused: I am thinking 3-4 days of weight training should be cool, as long as I am hitting each body-part once a week.

also, to anyone currently on Dave's Keto diet...
I start training about 1 to 1 and a half hours after waking up, how should I modify the diet for this? start the day with eggs, then do a shake after working out?

I know these may come off as dumb questions:rolleyes:, but I have only been training for little over a year now...and am still very much a newbie.;)

thanks in advance!

and...Dexter Jackson is an ASSHOLE!:D

Laterz

Mr. Hyde
03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I trianed BJJ for almost 3 years. I think you have the right idea with a 3 or 4 day split. I would take one day of from everything and hit legs the day before that. Kicking the bag or holding some one in guard with sore legs is brutal. I wouldn't recomend daves keto diet for intense MMA training. I used a keto diet to cut weight for a torny and lost alot of size and strength. I was also training over 2 hours a day some times twice a day month before a torny.

flemingstuart
01-18-2011, 02:33 AM
I want to start MMA training as I have sitting job in office. So that I have not get digest my food properly. And as I go through your blog I obtain many tips like for MMA training and weight loss. Thanks a lot for posting this great thread.

mma training (http://ultimatemmastrength.com/)