PDA

View Full Version : Esplendido's hobble to the Nationals

esplendido
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Since everyone else is keeping a record, I'll do a little. Here's a pic from this morning. Weight = 272. Need to drop about 22lbs of this. Forgive the legs....but arthritis in the knees keeps me humble.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Subscribed!!

axioma
03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
actually, great job on bringing the legs back over the past two years! You know, my boxers don't seem do bad now...was that a twitch? gotta go.

esplendido
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
actually, great job on bringing the legs back over the past two years! You know, my boxers don't seem do bad now...was that a twitch? gotta go.

Thanks on first comment. LOL! on second!

The legs are still small compared to the upper body, but they are lots better. As my waist comes down in size, they'll look better.

Sledge
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Cool

Mac
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
You are fucking huge. Good luck with your prep for the show.

Mark.
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
In...

Baldiewonkanobi
03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Load them knees up with Synvisc....squat heavy and often. After you win the show you will be rich and famous and can aford new plastic ones. :p

OR, get that waist down to a girlie 33" and make those puppies pop.

I'm along for the ride.....

Baldie

esplendido
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Load them knees up with Synvisc....squat heavy and often. After you win the show you will be rich and famous and can aford new plastic ones. :p

OR, get that waist down to a girlie 33" and make those puppies pop.

I'm along for the ride.....

Baldie

Option 2. 5" coming off in the next 8 weeks......

BigJD69
03-30-2010, 12:47 AM
I feel your pain with the leg situation. My Knees are shot as well, makes it real hard to train the lower body! GOOD LUCK!

esplendido
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Had a GREAT arm workout yesterday. 4 weeks into the diet, zero carbs for 5 days a week, and the energy levels can be hinky. My cut cycle began a week ago Monday and I frontloaded with daily pinnings of 1CC sutaplex 325 and 1CC of trenaplex A 100. (yes, Baldie, that amounts to over 2g AAS in one week). The short esters in the sus have kicked in and my strength feels elevated. My endurance, however, is down and it takes about 30 seconds longer between sets to recoup.
The next 2 days are off except for cardio. I'm doing 30 min/day at this point. I'm also going to work calves 5 days a week this time....just an experiment (suggested to me by big Louie this last weekend).

Baldiewonkanobi
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Chit...no need to run that by moi ;).

I'm making adjustments as well. 5 days on calf....it IS a dense fast twich muscle...hmmmm.

Baldie

Mac
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm also going to work calves 5 days a week this time....just an experiment (suggested to me by big Louie this last weekend).

This is what I did two years ago and my calves grew for the first time ever. I alternated between heavy and lighter high reps.

esplendido
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
This is what I did two years ago and my calves grew for the first time ever. I alternated between heavy and lighter high reps.

Exactly what Ferrigno said to do. I asked how he improved his calves so much from the '92 Olympia to the '94 Masters Olympia and that's the protocol he used.

gman
03-30-2010, 01:33 PM
good luck with the calves Rick, wish I could loan you mine.

Oldsuperman
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
good luck with the calves Rick, wish I could loan you mine.

I have to admit, you have nice calves... No Homo of course.

esplendido
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Well, I'm going to have to carb cycle for awhile and use keto closer to the show. I've been dropping 1lb/day for the last 7 days on Keto, and that's too quick. I put on a lot of muscle over the last 2 years and it is obviously requiring more calories during the cut phase. And I've been consuming 400g protein daily. Part of the rapid loss has come from a product called CyX3, that is a combo of T3, Clen, and Yohimbe that is incredibly potent! I sweat with any movement through the day and lay in a pool of sweat at night. My metabolism is raging on this shit!

Today is refeed day and I will start carb cycling after this refeed. Weighed 269 this morning.

bodyhard
04-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Weighed 269 this morning.

Thats just fucking sickly insane man!

Oldsuperman
04-02-2010, 12:19 PM
product called CyX3, that is a combo of T3, Clen, and Yohimbe that is incredibly potent! I sweat with any movement through the day and lay in a pool of sweat at night. My metabolism is raging on this shit.

Rick, if you're not too pissed at me, tell us more about that CyX3? One of my trainers getting ready for the Jr's took it and holy krap it ripped him up too! Kept his muscle too. Said the Yohimbe is the magic in the combo? What do you know bout it? He used it about 16 weeks out to jump start his fat loss. It did it! I've had HBP issues before when taking homibe too. Have you seen that?. THX

axioma
04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm going to have to carb cycle for awhile and use keto closer to the show. I've been dropping 1lb/day for the last 7 days on Keto, and that's too quick. I put on a lot of muscle over the last 2 years and it is obviously requiring more calories during the cut phase. And I've been consuming 400g protein daily. Part of the rapid loss has come from a product called CyX3, that is a combo of T3, Clen, and Yohimbe that is incredibly potent! I sweat with any movement through the day and lay in a pool of sweat at night. My metabolism is raging on this shit!

Today is refeed day and I will start carb cycling after this refeed. Weighed 269 this morning.

You read my mind...I was thinking Rick is kicking it quick!!! You have GOT to keep every ounce of that hard earned muscle at your height, know I am preaching to the choir, but patience will get you the full fresh look that will WIN! Thought about lowering the protein just a bit with the increase of carb? Save the higher grams for closer to the show? Just a thought.

cook
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Esplendido,I`ve been reading your posts for about a year and I value your opinion.This may sound like a rookie question but I`ve been doing this almost as long as you.When I started lifting everyone worked bodyparts twice a week and some even 3 times.I have varied this through the years and am going to change to once a week frequency.I`ve seen in other posts were this is what you recommend. My question is if I have to move workouts around during the week because of work,for example if I`m working legs on Sat. then next week it has to be Sun. then back to Sat. or even Fri. do you think this would have a significant adverse affect or any affect at all or am I overthinking it? As I said I value your opinion and would appreciate it on this matter.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Rick, if you're not too pissed at me, tell us more about that CyX3? One of my trainers getting ready for the Jr's took it and holy krap it ripped him up too! Kept his muscle too. Said the Yohimbe is the magic in the combo? What do you know bout it? He used it about 16 weeks out to jump start his fat loss. It did it! I've had HBP issues before when taking homibe too. Have you seen that?. THX

I Googled and read all about CyX3. I get migraines when my BP jumps. I have recently switched from prescription Norvasc to Celery Seed Extract for great BP control. Wondering if it would take off and up again with CX???

Baldie

esplendido
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM

LOL! I'm not pissed at ya! We're part of a unique group of men and women (masters) that I value greatly. And if we can't confront one another and still be friends, then we're no better than the Derek Anthonys of the world.

CyX3 was developed by A____ Labs. (PM me for more info). It has 37.5mcg clen, 25mcg T3, and 5.4mg yohimbine per dose (yohimbine is the pharmaceutical drug, not the herbal supplement yohimbe, although derived from the same tree). It's really the clen that is anti-catabolic, preserving muscle. Yohimbine can cause HBP, but not necessarily in the dose this drug comes with and not more than AAS will cause. It has been used in the past as a prescription remedy for ED. Supposedly, it stimulates test production, which in concert with the clen, help to hold muscle on a negative calorie diet. I can attest to its effectiveness and the word is on the street that it's the contest prep compound of the century!

esplendido
04-02-2010, 02:39 PM
You read my mind...I was thinking Rick is kicking it quick!!! You have GOT to keep every ounce of that hard earned muscle at your height, know I am preaching to the choir, but patience will get you the full fresh look that will WIN! Thought about lowering the protein just a bit with the increase of carb? Save the higher grams for closer to the show? Just a thought.

Yep, it has been melting off WAAAAY to fast. I still have my strength and I don't notice shrinkage except in the areas needing it, but it's still too fast. I'm going to hold my protein at the 400g/day level for awhile and begin to add in sweet potato and a little oatmeal on a carb cycle protocol for 2 weeks and see what happens. I need calories....

esplendido
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Esplendido,I`ve been reading your posts for about a year and I value your opinion.This may sound like a rookie question but I`ve been doing this almost as long as you.When I started lifting everyone worked bodyparts twice a week and some even 3 times.I have varied this through the years and am going to change to once a week frequency.I`ve seen in other posts were this is what you recommend. My question is if I have to move workouts around during the week because of work,for example if I`m working legs on Sat. then next week it has to be Sun. then back to Sat. or even Fri. do you think this would have a significant adverse affect or any affect at all or am I overthinking it? As I said I value your opinion and would appreciate it on this matter.

Doesn't matter and won't hurt at all. In fact, the way I work around injury without losing ground is to stick and extra day or two in my off days. I do 5-on, 2-off usually, but occasionally I'll do 5-on, 3 off or put a day off in the middle of my 5 days to get that extra day of recovery.

And yes, in the 'day' we did 3-on, 1-off, working every bodypart twice a week. I wish I know than what I know now. Both work...and that's the pip! Why do twice a week when once a week does the same thing?

Baldiewonkanobi
Well...I don't like either one of you bums. Cigar biz must be slow Rick as is big rig sales...you sure responded fast. I am using a 'suppliment' that does mess with BP that I will cycle off of come May 1st. I will contact A____Labs, follow those very detailed instructions and look forward to walking around with 24/7 wood and ripped to F'en shreds :p

Baldie

esplendido
I Googled and read all about CyX3. I get migraines when my BP jumps. I have recently switched from prescription Norvasc to Celery Seed Extract for great BP control. Wondering if it would take off and up again with CX???

Baldie

Bill, the only way to find out is......

cook
04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Doesn't matter and won't hurt at all. In fact, the way I work around injury without losing ground is to stick and extra day or two in my off days. I do 5-on, 2-off usually, but occasionally I'll do 5-on, 3 off or put a day off in the middle of my 5 days to get that extra day of recovery.

And yes, in the 'day' we did 3-on, 1-off, working every bodypart twice a week. I wish I know than what I know now. Both work...and that's the pip! Why do twice a week when once a week does the same thing?
Thanks for the reply,Good luck with your training for Nationals and I will be following it through this thread.

esplendido
04-02-2010, 03:00 PM

And the shit affects my cognitive skills, too.....LOL!

axioma
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Yep, it has been melting off WAAAAY to fast. I still have my strength and I don't notice shrinkage except in the areas needing it, but it's still too fast. I'm going to hold my protein at the 400g/day level for awhile and begin to add in sweet potato and a little oatmeal on a carb cycle protocol for 2 weeks and see what happens. I need calories....

gotcha...

esplendido
04-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Loaded up on carbs today, good, bad, and the ugly. Gonna go carbless tomorrow and Sunday, then cycle them in M-Th, gradually adding grams each day, then decide how to refeed on Friday.

Chest workout was difficult because of my left shoulder pain. The no-carb week has depleted my joints of water, and if it weren't for Meloxicam and Ibuprofin, I wouldn't have done half what I did. Stopped at 315 on bench because of the pain and dropped the DB weight for flies by 20lbs each (100's on flat and 70's on inclines). Did pec deck as final exercise and no shoulder pain there. I'm going to have the shoulder looked at after the competition season. Don't think it's the RC, but who knows. It's chronic right now and hurts the most on chest day. I'm lifting heavy enough to hold what I have, but I'd like to lift heavier and maybe add some grain to the muscle. Next year....

Hammerfit
04-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Loaded up on carbs today, good, bad, and the ugly. Gonna go carbless tomorrow and Sunday, then cycle them in M-Th, gradually adding grams each day, then decide how to refeed on Friday.

Chest workout was difficult because of my left shoulder pain. The no-carb week has depleted my joints of water, and if it weren't for Meloxicam and Ibuprofin, I wouldn't have done half what I did. Stopped at 315 on bench because of the pain and dropped the DB weight for flies by 20lbs each (100's on flat and 70's on inclines). Did pec deck as final exercise and no shoulder pain there. I'm going to have the shoulder looked at after the competition season. Don't think it's the RC, but who knows. It's chronic right now and hurts the most on chest day. I'm lifting heavy enough to hold what I have, but I'd like to lift heavier and maybe add some grain to the muscle. Next year....

I feel your pain mine is the cuff my arm is just about hanging off but cant stop now...sucks trying to keep weights heavy enough but lite enough not to injury worse!
U taking glucosomine, fish oils?

esplendido
04-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I feel your pain mine is the cuff my arm is just about hanging off but cant stop now...sucks trying to keep weights heavy enough but lite enough not to injury worse!
U taking glucosomine, fish oils?

6g fish oil per day.

Mac
04-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Have you tried using Cissus? I used it in place of the glocosomine and condroitin and had good luck with it.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Rick, what exercises are you doing for your rotater cuff?

esplendido
04-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Rick, what exercises are you doing for your rotater cuff?

Nothing specific. Not sure it's the RC. I have painless mobility where a damaged RC would cause pain. I think it might be a tendon, and I'll tell you why. Last May, I contracted a MRSA infection right below my left glute. It required aggressive antibiotics to overcome it. When I was done with the antibiotics, it caused a spiral neuropathy in my left triceps, the result of which was a 75% strength reduction. I couldn't bench 135lbs because of the weakness in my arm. I worked around it until 6 weeks after, the strength suddenly returned. But working around it caused undo strain on my left shoulder, and that's where I hurt it. I'm not saying it can't be the RC, but my gut tells me otherwise. However, I'm going to have it looked at to make sure.

esplendido
04-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Have you tried using Cissus? I used it in place of the glocosomine and condroitin and had good luck with it.

I haven't. I'll have to try it out!

HeavyDutyGuy
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Well you are a pretty heavy bencher,and it hurts during them. (I dont have to tell you about benches and shoulder problems.) But you know your body and its experiences way better than I could.. just thinking out loud..

esplendido
04-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Well you are a pretty heavy bencher,and it hurts during them. (I dont have to tell you about benches and shoulder problems.) But you know your body and its experiences way better than I could.. just thinking out loud..

True. The bench press hurts it. Interestingly, bench flies don't, but flies take the shoulders out of the equation. Could be RC trouble. I hope not......

Hammerfit
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
True. The bench press hurts it. Interestingly, bench flies don't, but flies take the shoulders out of the equation. Could be RC trouble. I hope not......

sure sounds like it I have the same problem flat or incline press fries it on WS w heavy weight (I guess thats when the deltoid starts firing trying to help with the excess stress)

Take the bench out of the equation for 2 weeks and see if it clears up. Heavy bicep curls also flares the RC if the shoulder is not supported....preacher curls do not but incline curls kill it

Wetdawg
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Sub'd for the ride.

Sledge
04-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Hope the shoulder holds out and is not too bad. Surprising how much we use those fuckers. hell mine even hurt picking up a beer.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Looked at the first page again. What happened to your left leg?

esplendido
04-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Looked at the first page again. What happened to your left leg?

A Python-sized varicose vein winds its way down from my groin, winding back and forth over my quads, and snaking along the back of my calf. It distorts some of the separation in my quads.

esplendido
04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Thought I'd outline my contest cycle (current use). It will morph as the show gets closer.

Sustaplex 325: 1.5CC/eod
Trenaplex A 100: 1.5CC/eod
CyX3 (Blend of Clen, 37.5mcg, T3, 25mcg, Yohimbine, 5.4mg): 3 tabs/day
Nolvadex: 20mg/day
Arimidex: 1mg/eod

Started 3 weeks ago. I intended on using 10IU/day GH, but my order was, uh, delayed....and I've been off for over a month. I will have some with 12 weeks left, but that's too little time to get the full benefit.

I'll be adding anavar at 40mg/day in 2 weeks. I started Liv52 yesterday to prep my liver for the orals.

Non-hormonal supplements: 6 caps Omegalyze/day. 1 multivitamin/day. 1 scoop Fiberlyze/day.

I'm eating 400g/day protein over 5 meals (was 6 meals, but dropped one to slow metabolism), approx. 100g fats with raw nuts, natural peanut butter, and whole cream. No carbs (changing that) S-Th, then 100g Friday, refeed Saturday. I'm going to carb-cycle for a few weeks to hold the weight loss at 2lbs/wk, then back to keto. I've been losing a pound per day recently, mostly due to the CyX3, a damn good and very strong product. Can't sustain that anymore without losing muscle. Weight this morning, naked, right out of bed; 268.4

HeavyDutyGuy
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
A lb a day?? How much cardio are you doing?

esplendido
04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
A lb a day?? How much cardio are you doing?

None! Nada! It's the CyX3. Shit burns through you like a blast furnace.

Sledge
04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
None! Nada! It's the CyX3. Shit burns through you like a blast furnace.

Yeah I've heard good things about it. Wish they still had their Aust supplier.

axioma
04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Thought I'd outline my contest cycle (current use). It will morph as the show gets closer.

Sustaplex 325: 1.5CC/eod
Trenaplex A 100: 1.5CC/eod
CyX3 (Blend of Clen, 37.5mcg, T3, 25mcg, Yohimbine, 5.4mg): 3 tabs/day
Nolvadex: 20mg/day
Arimidex: 1mg/eod

Started 3 weeks ago. I intended on using 10IU/day GH, but my order was, uh, delayed....and I've been off for over a month. I will have some with 12 weeks left, but that's too little time to get the full benefit.

I'll be adding anavar at 40mg/day in 2 weeks. I started Liv52 yesterday to prep my liver for the orals.

Non-hormonal supplements: 6 caps Omegalyze/day. 1 multivitamin/day. 1 scoop Fiberlyze/day.

I'm eating 400g/day protein over 5 meals (was 6 meals, but dropped one to slow metabolism), approx. 100g fats with raw nuts, natural peanut butter, and whole cream. No carbs (changing that) S-Th, then 100g Friday, refeed Saturday. I'm going to carb-cycle for a few weeks to hold the weight loss at 2lbs/wk, then back to keto. I've been losing a pound per day recently, mostly due to the CyX3, a damn good and very strong product. Can't sustain that anymore without losing muscle. Weight this morning, naked, right out of bed; 268.4

the fiberlyze is the bomb!

Dom
04-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Rick,
Rodney told me about the thread, i following it now. The new CYX3 looks good. I am going to try it in a couple of weeks .
Thanks for all the useful info AGAIN!!!!
Dom:yep:

axioma
04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
You need to update this thing bro. I plan on riding to Masters Nationals on your coattails. Get to work.

esplendido
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
You need to update this thing bro. I plan on riding to Masters Nationals on your coattails. Get to work.

The 'inside' story is in my journal at the other site.

esplendido
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Weight this a.m. was 267.6. Because of that, I decided to drop my CyX3 dose from 4 tabs/day (started that a week ago) back to 3 tabs/day. My resting HR was 100 and I sweat just getting up out of a chair. My metabolism on that compound is raging like a forest fire. I need to keep the weight loss at around 2lbs/week, not 5lbs/wk.

I'll post progress pics this weekend. Getting leaner and keeping strength so far. I've stopped keto and am now carb cycling to slow weight loss pace.

mr intensity
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
hi there sir,
just wanted to know
what all cardiovascular aids do you take....
many people recommend aspirin during cycle, but dont you think it wud inhibit prostaglandin formation therefore slower gains gains

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
hi there sir,
just wanted to know
what all cardiovascular aids do you take....
Many people recommend aspirin during cycle, but dont you think it wud inhibit prostaglandin formation therefore slower gains gains
what????

mr intensity
04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
what????

when there is breakdown of the outer phospholipid layer(exercise) phopholipases are released which cause phospholipids(arachidoinic acid) stored in the outer cell membrane

this arachidoinic acid is converted to prostaglandins (PGE2 And PGE2 Alpha) in the presence of the enzyme Cyclooxegenase
PGE2 increase nitrix oxide levels which causes vasodilation and it also increases the production of localized growth factors....

overall prostaglandins causes
1. localized increase in growth factors
2. increased tissue sensitivity to anabolic hormones.

however aspirin causes inhibition of cyclo oxygenase enzyme , preventing the formation of prostaglandins, overall decrease in the gains.....

but some people recommend Adminstering aspirin during cycle as an Antiplatlet agent as cardiovascular protective agent.
as you might have heard Aspirin is given Acute Myocardial infarction(early administration).......or preventive measure For MI( entric coated Aspirin75 to 150 mg/day)....

however my question was
should one administer aspirin during cycle? if yes then how much? without inhibiting gains.

and again what all cardiovascular protective agents does esplendido use... as he being a Master`s competitor....

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh I got that. Just couldnt read your original post....reread and you will see what I mean...:)

esplendido
04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
I use Maloxicam and Ibuprofen on an as-needed basis.

Aesirian
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Hey my big friend! Thought I better stop in and check on things. Looking good, although you need a photo update!
I'm bulking until July 1st. I'll decide then if its time to prep, or bridge to another bulk.
Anyway, glad to see you doing the "Hard Thing", but I wouldn't have expected any less...luv ya Brother!

esplendido
04-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Hey my big friend! Thought I better stop in and check on things. Looking good, although you need a photo update!
I'm bulking until July 1st. I'll decide then if its time to prep, or bridge to another bulk.
Anyway, glad to see you doing the "Hard Thing", but I wouldn't have expected any less...luv ya Brother!

Wuzzup, my big bro? How are the injuries??? Hopefully not holding you back too much! Yeah, doing the big prep for the Masters Nationals. I'm posting pics this weekend, so stop by and critique!

esplendido
04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Progress pics, as promised. 14 weeks out. Weight: 269. Apologies for the bad lighting.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd know that face anywhere. Wow Rick...amazing swing in body composition...good work. WTG.

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
04-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I like your swirly face in the side chest. :)

axioma
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
side chest is sick. great work, haven't sacrificed any size either.

esplendido
04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Weight was 272 this a.m. and waist harder. Cycle is kicking in (Baldie) as is the addition of 4IU/day GH starting 10 days ago. I'll be the enhanced version of HDG. I can see and feel my muscle filling out. Now if I could get a gallon of Synthol in my quads....LOL!

The quad size will hurt me, but they'll be shredded. But I'll be casting a shadow over my peers with upper body.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
"Now if I could get a gallon of Synthol in my quads....LOL!

The quad size will hurt me, but they'll be shredded. But I'll be casting a shadow over my peers with upper body.[/quote]

Can I be the mini version??

Baldie

Wetdawg
04-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Pics look great! Your a Monster. You definitely cast a BIG Shadow.

esplendido
04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Took 2.5mg/day bromocriptine to inhibit prolactin from the tren. Started a week ago and had to quit. It gave me morning nausea (no, I'm not pregnant) and loss of appetite. This is a common side for about 46% of users. Also made me feel like I was in a haze. Everything was back to normal the day after I quit. Guess I'll have to find some Dostinex instead :yep:

D_T
04-20-2010, 12:18 AM
That CyX3 sounds like what my fat ass needs. Good read.

sassy69
04-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Took 2.5mg/day bromocriptine to inhibit prolactin from the tren. Started a week ago and had to quit. It gave me morning nausea (no, I'm not pregnant) and loss of appetite. This is a common side for about 46% of users. Also made me feel like I was in a haze. Everything was back to normal the day after I quit. Guess I'll have to find some Dostinex instead :yep:

Try Pramipexole?

axioma
04-20-2010, 07:21 AM
i'm using cabergoline from a research lab. works well.

esplendido
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Try Pramipexole?

I haven't. Your experience with it?

esplendido
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
i'm using cabergoline from a research lab. works well.

Send me a link?

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Bromocriptine
Dostinex
Cabergoline
Pramipexcle

Thats nothin...I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Baldie

Aesirian
04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Things are moving forward nicely. Side chest is very thick.

esplendido
04-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Things are moving forward nicely. Side chest is very thick.

Thanks, Bill. Still a lot of fat to deal with but 14 weeks to get there! How's your training coming?

Aesirian
04-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Overall, I'm very happy to be living the "BBing Lifestyle". Current stats; 6'2", 260, 35" waist, 12-14% bf. I have had a few false starts with bulking due to injuries. Upper bodies looking big/thick. Legs are lagging. Legs will be the focus of the next bulk.
(I would still be a fat ass if it weren't for you & Jill) Thank you!!

Which Nat'l show are you doing?

esplendido
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Overall, I'm very happy to be living the "BBing Lifestyle". Current stats; 6'2", 260, 35" waist, 12-14% bf. I have had a few false starts with bulking due to injuries. Upper bodies looking big/thick. Legs are lagging. Legs will be the focus of the next bulk.
(I would still be a fat ass if it weren't for you & Jill) Thank you!!

Which Nat'l show are you doing?

Masters Nationals in July. Pittsburgh, PA.

8itup
04-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Rick, looking great man... Keep it up!

axioma
04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Send me a link?

Posted info at other address.

Wetdawg
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Esplendido,
Hows the Cut and Training coming?

esplendido
04-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Weight at 266 this a.m. (naked, right out of bed). I've been carb cycling: 4 days keto and 3 day ramp of carbs. Getting leaner at a higher ratio than weight loss indicates. People are saying I'm looking bigger (more muscular), which is indicative that the fat is coming off.

Training is going well, even though I'm working around my left rotator cuff. My strength is good, but finding it difficult to get to my normal rep count.

Added cardio today. One hour of walking (outside). I'll do an hour 5 days a week for now.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with my progress. And tomorrow is the big carb day!!!!

Progress pics this weekend.

bodyhard
04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Progress pics this weekend.

Looking forward to the pics.

AnglicanBeachParty
04-30-2010, 06:26 AM
People are saying I'm looking bigger (more muscular), which is indicative that the fat is coming off.

True!!

axioma
04-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you are on track...glad you didn't disappear in a cyx3 puddle!

esplendido
04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Sounds like you are on track...glad you didn't disappear in a cyx3 puddle!

Came close!!!! LOL!

esplendido
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Progress Pics: Weight 265

axioma
05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
shaping up nicely, especially the seperation starting to show in the quads. way to hold on to the muscle.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Like Ax says...you are certainly keeping all the muscle. Kepp on keepin' on!!!

Baldie

esplendido
05-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks fellas. I'm hoping I'll end up around 250 on stage, but whatever it takes to get ripped is what I'm going to do. 265 is big, but at 6'-4", it's hard to look stocky-thick like the shorter guys. My arms are right at 20" cold and don't look it because of my arm length.

But this is a journey of progression, and I'm happy with the gains I've made since last being on stage! If my health holds up as well as my body, some day I might just stand on stage at 275...my ultimate goal.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Rick, how do you plan on curing your Histormonas Melagridis prior to Pittsburgh??

Baldie

esplendido
05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Rick, how do you plan on curing your Histormonas Melagridis prior to Pittsburgh??

Baldie

You callin me chicken, or just a turkey???? LOL!

Baldiewonkanobi
05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Thought you would enjoy that barb...Mr. Blackhead ;)

Baldie

axioma
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Oh, the arms look 20"...bi's are thick from front and back...no worries. Chest is just ridiculous. Suggestion? Do some weighted hangs/stretches. Your back is so thick, it overshadows the width. Free up the scapula so it will rotate better. Does that make sense? I just picture that X shape, maximize the long arms and legs.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Ax....thinking this thru....great advise/direction.

Baldie (wishing he had the TOO THICK problem)

HeavyDutyGuy
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Quad sweep to complete the X-frame deal. :)

esplendido
05-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Oh, the arms look 20"...bi's are thick from front and back...no worries. Chest is just ridiculous. Suggestion? Do some weighted hangs/stretches. Your back is so thick, it overshadows the width. Free up the scapula so it will rotate better. Does that make sense? I just picture that X shape, maximize the long arms and legs.

I'll give it a try!

esplendido
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Quad sweep to complete the X-frame deal. :)

Not going to happen :(

But I do the best I can with what I can do.

bodyhard
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Progress Pics: Weight 265

Like everyone else stated, you are holding on to the muscle quite well!

esplendido
05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I tore the quad tendons in both legs today doing deep leg press. Third rep with 800, coming out of the hole, and POP!!!! The left tendon tore and the weight loaded on my right leg, which then tore....

60% tear on left, 80% on right. Dual surgery tomorrow and NO competition in 2010. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Wetdawg
05-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I tore the quad tendons in both legs today doing deep leg press. Third rep with 800, coming out of the hole, and POP!!!! The left tendon tore and the weight loaded on my right leg, which then tore....

60% tear on left, 80% on right. Dual surgery tomorrow and NO competition in 2010. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

HOLY CRAP! Sorry to hear this. Take care and let us know your doing better after surgery. Good luck!!

Mac
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
That sucks Rick. Sorry to hear you can't compete.

Good luck with your surgery.

AnglicanBeachParty
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Man, I am really sorry to hear about that. :mad: I hope your surgery and recovery go smoothly!

axioma
05-06-2010, 07:21 AM
I don't have words...really sorry. dammit!

bodyhard
05-06-2010, 12:46 PM

wow just wow, sorry to hear that man...:(

HeavyDutyGuy
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I guess you were riight, aint going to happen...
I hope your surgery goes well and you eventually get to bounce your grandkids on your knee without pain.

Hammerfit
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Wow man I am truly sorry to hear that! I guess it can be taken away from any of us at any moment. My heart goes out to you Bro. Heal up fast and come back stronger!

Neal Grossman
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Rick,

Sorry to see the post about your injury. I do hope your surgery went well and you are doing well. I know you will reach your ultimate goal even though the ime line has changed.

Neal

joedemarco
05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Hate to see when one of the brothers in this forum go down with an injury. Wishing you a quick and full recovery!

esplendido
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Here's a pic. Complete tear in the quad tendon on each leg. Hard casts for 2 weeks, then soft casts for 4 weeks....Then rehab for 8+ weeks.

They feared that they might have to take tendon grafts from the hams to make the repair. Fortunately, they didn't need them.....

HeavyDutyGuy
05-08-2010, 12:59 AM
OW! Get well soon.

AVBG
05-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Poor bastard, hope you bounce back soon.

IL WNBF Pro
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Holy crap dude....so very sorry to hear about all of this. Best of luck with the recovery. If I might suggest finding someone with a Cold Laser/Low Level Light Laser....great for speeding up healing of soft tissue.

Did you have any warning signs like tendons were sore for a while before this....or did everything feel great and this was a freak injury.

axioma
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Here's a pic. Complete tear in the quad tendon on each leg. Hard casts for 2 weeks, then soft casts for 4 weeks....Then rehab for 8+ weeks.

They feared that they might have to take tendon grafts from the hams to make the repair. Fortunately, they didn't need them.....

What I take out of this is that you could still compete:yep: Posing will suck...sure....protan will cover bruising....swelling will look great....:dunno: just sayin.....

D_T
05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Ouch! I hope you bounce back 100% sooner than expected. Sad reminder that we are Masters and need to be careful out there. I recently dropped my weights 20-25% and upped reps to 12-15 on everything. I still do sub maximal singles up to 405 squats just I don't forget what heavy weight feels like. Been getting some surprisingly good workouts too.

esplendido
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
On a good note, those are the biggest your legs have ever been.

Absolutely!!!

esplendido
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Holy crap dude....so very sorry to hear about all of this. Best of luck with the recovery. If I might suggest finding someone with a Cold Laser/Low Level Light Laser....great for speeding up healing of soft tissue.

Did you have any warning signs like tendons were sore for a while before this....or did everything feel great and this was a freak injury.

I've had arthritis in them since I came back to bbing 6 years ago. But my ortho surgeon said that my tendons looked great but had soft tissue damage!

Mr.Bones
05-09-2010, 02:51 AM

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!

Wetdawg
05-09-2010, 03:52 PM

A little Pro tan in the right places, you can't tell the difference. I think you can to the Masters!

Well wishes to ya Bro!

esplendido
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I now see why statistically so few people choose to tear BOTH quad tendons at the same time...heh heh...because it HURTS LIKE A SONNOVABITCH IN A I WANT MY MOMMY kinda way!!!

Thank GOD for pharmaceutical pain killers or I would begin SUCKING MY THUMB AND PISSING THE BED again after 47 years clean!

SHIT!!!!!!!

axioma
05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you for that "living on the edge" glimpse of the life of esplendido. How is gunz holding up? Had to freak her out?

HeavyDutyGuy
05-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I now see why statistically so few people choose to tear BOTH quad tendons at the same time...heh heh...because it HURTS LIKE A SONNOVABITCH IN A I WANT MY MOMMY kinda way!!!

Thank GOD for pharmaceutical pain killers or I would begin SUCKING MY THUMB AND PISSING THE BED again after 47 years clean!

SHIT!!!!!!!
Thats cause youre HARDCORE!!

That has to suck, cant imagine. Damn Rick, I wanted to beat you, NOT see you seriously injured.. I hope the pain lets up some soon. Get well.

esplendido
05-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Thank you for that "living on the edge" glimpse of the life of esplendido. How is gunz holding up? Had to freak her out?

LOL, Gunz was there as it happened, during the ER trip, MRI, Surgery, and to this point, recovery....and her only comment has been 'You'll do F@&king anything to make those sticks bigger'!

esplendido
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Thats cause youre HARDCORE!!

That has to suck, cant imagine. Damn Rick, I wanted to beat you, NOT see you seriously injured.. I hope the pain lets up some soon. Get well.

You understand now, that the permanent swelling at the quad insertions virtually gives me superior legs to yours, and you never had a chance on upper body, unless you intend to 'experience' a double RC tear in the next 60 days...:p

Thank you for the well-wishes!

Baldiewonkanobi
05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Hope I can help with the healing once those casts come off. I was fortunate to recover lightning speed from breaking 3 bones in my right leg 3 years ago. Your injury is soft tissue which is often a lot longer in recovery than bone. I messed up the soft tissue a bit too. I have some tricks to share with you later.

Baldie

esplendido
05-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Hope I can help with the healing once those casts come off. I was fortunate to recover lightning speed from breaking 3 bones in my right leg 3 years ago. Your injury is soft tissue which is often a lot longer in recovery than bone. I messed up the soft tissue a bit too. I have some tricks to share with you later.

Baldie

Looking forward to hearing!!!

esplendido
05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, I'm over the hump pain-wise. No longer need Woodstock level pain mitigation. Still popping Oxy's once a day, though. Staples coming out Tuesday and re-evaluated for mobility. Haven't been out of the house or off the first floor in 8 days! Can't wait to get outside!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
By the time we got to Woodstock............ ops sorry. Good news! Thanks for the update.

freebirdmac
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Yikes! Hope you exceed healing expectations!

esplendido
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Got casts of today. Staples removed! Given lightweight braces to wear for next 4 weeks. Full recovery is expected! I'm stoked!!!!!!

AnglicanBeachParty
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Got casts of today. Staples removed! Given lightweight braces to wear for next 4 weeks. Full recovery is expected! I'm stoked!!!!!!

I am glad to hear this!!

Hammerfit
05-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Great news!

Rocco1943
05-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Damn, after I just spent all that money for your Hoveround.

[I]Hoveround[/"]YouTube- Hoveround - I Get Around

Wetdawg
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Great News! Look what light weight braces did for Forrest Gump.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Is there a movie or a book deal in this? Fess up Rick, you are half lizzard.

Great news....

Baldie

gman
05-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Awesome Rick!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Just dont be kissing any girls with those braces on....... congrats on the good news.

esplendido
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Just an update: 3 1/2 weeks after surgery, I'm walking without braces, driving, and did a shoulder workout and arm workout this week. Abs in, waist 36", arms 20"....if they had a wheelchair division at the MN's, I'd be there!!!

Neal Grossman
05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Rick,

That is a great update.

Neal

Wetdawg
05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice to hear your up and going. Do you plan on attending the Nats?

esplendido
05-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Nice to hear your up and going. Do you plan on attending the Nats?

You never know!!!

Wetdawg
06-07-2010, 07:05 PM
How is the Leg Mending going? Get to the Gym yet?

Wetdawg
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
How is the Leg Mending going? Get to the Gym yet?

Found your other post. Sub'd it.

GirlyMuscle
06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Ah-ha! You ARE talking about Nationals! ;)

THEVMAN
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Just an update: 3 1/2 weeks after surgery, I'm walking without braces, driving, and did a shoulder workout and arm workout this week. Abs in, waist 36", arms 20"....if they had a wheelchair division at the MN's, I'd be there!!!

Good for you man! getting back to it!