PDA

View Full Version : Good night in the gym last night.

bodyhard
03-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Last night I looked around the gym only to realize I was the oldest guy there.

It was raining like fucking hell and cold ass shit last night, I guess the weather scared the shit out of the older folks. But as I looked around, which I don't normally do, but I was winded, tired and flat out exhausted. I took a breather and looked around. What I noticed? the gym was almost empty, the sound coming out of the speakers was a commercial, no music, just talking it was low so the sound was faint and it allow for you to hear the clanking of the weights, the running on the treadmills the grunts and the yells. Everyone was training their asses off, I looked to the other end of the gym and saw two guys on the bench, one spotting the other doing a set, 4 plates on the bar, fucker was repping it, changed my directional view and saw a young man on the smith machine doing shrugs with 5 plates aside, no chicken head there, no bobbing the head up and down, no these were full blown shrugs, with a pause at the top. Took a look in the direction by the cage, 4 guys doing deadlifts, I love this site, these guys were yelling at each other and cursing up a storm, loved it. I looked upstairs and saw this young woman who was slightly overweight, but she was running on that treadmill, like her life depending on it. Headphones on and what seem to me, that she was in another world, just totally focus on the running, I could feel her sweat that was running off her face and falling down on the treadmill. Yeah she is fucking focused.

Then I took a glance at myself in the mirror, lying on the leg press, sweating profusely, 12 plates on each side of the sled, panting, chest moving up and down like I was ready to take a deep dive in the cold ocean water. Then I thought to myself, why the fuck do I continue doing this? I don't get paid for it, it is definitely not for my health, no way is being under so much weight healthy, yet while people are going to sleep, having sex, watching a nice late night movie, I am in the gym 11:00 PM, nasty fucking night outside, oldest guy in the fucking gym, cranking out set after set rep after rep and I came to the only logical conclusion: I fucking love this. but other people believe I am just insane.

Ninja Loco
03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
12 plates?? .......Respect.

Mac
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
You didn't have to tell me this to believe you're insane.

Good post John. 12 plates on each side. Fuckin' A

bodyhard
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
12 plates?? .......Respect.

You didn't have to tell me this to believe you're insane.

Good post John. 12 plates on each side. Fuckin' A

For the record I wasn't repping the 12 aside, I got 4 solid reps. I know I will get to 10 by June or July.

Hammerfit
03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Last night I looked around the gym only to realize I was the oldest guy there.

It was raining like fucking hell and cold ass shit last night, I guess the weather scared the shit out of the older folks. But as I looked around, which I don't normally do, but I was winded, tired and flat out exhausted. I took a breather and looked around. What I noticed? the gym was almost empty, the sound coming out of the speakers was a commercial, no music, just talking it was low so the sound was faint and it allow for you to hear the clanking of the weights, the running on the treadmills the grunts and the yells. Everyone was training their asses off, I looked to the other end of the gym and saw two guys on the bench, one spotting the other doing a set, 4 plates on the bar, fucker was repping it, changed my directional view and saw a young man on the smith machine doing shrugs with 5 plates aside, no chicken head there, no bobbing the head up and down, no these were full blown shrugs, with a pause at the top. Took a look in the direction by the cage, 4 guys doing deadlifts, I love this site, these guys were yelling at each other and cursing up a storm, loved it. I looked upstairs and saw this young woman who was slightly overweight, but she was running on that treadmill, like her life depending on it. Headphones on and what seem to me, that she was in another world, just totally focus on the running, I could feel her sweat that was running off her face and falling down on the treadmill. Yeah she is fucking focused.

Then I took a glance at myself in the mirror, lying on the leg press, sweating profusely, 12 plates on each side of the sled, panting, chest moving up and down like I was ready to take a deep dive in the cold ocean water. Then I thought to myself, why the fuck do I continue doing this? I don't get paid for it, it is definitely not for my health, no way is being under so much weight healthy, yet while people are going to sleep, having sex, watching a nice late night movie, I am in the gym 11:00 PM, nasty fucking night outside, oldest guy in the fucking gym, cranking out set after set rep after rep and I came to the only logical conclusion: I fucking love this. but other people believe I am just insane.

Love It...those people that dont understand what you do are called civilians, they are ordinary people, you are not. They are not supposed to understand, keep pounding it bro!

axioma
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Nice entry, thanks bro.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Good stuff!

bodyhard
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice entry, thanks bro.

You're welcome!

Love It...those people that dont understand what you do are called civilians, they are ordinary people, you are not. They are not supposed to understand, keep pounding it bro!

Thanks man, I will continue till the day my body can no longer continue

Good stuff!

Heavy you know how I do...

freebirdmac
03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Great story!

bodyhard
03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Great story!

Story? Well err ummm glad you liked it :o