PDA

View Full Version : PWO Cardio

DaveV
03-11-2009, 05:48 AM
How long of a window do you have after weight training to get in your protein shake? I did 23 minutes cardio today directly after weights and was worried about getting in my shake in time so I stopped. Was gonna go 30 minutes.

I was using the treadmill @ 3mph for a brisk walk. Had a heartrate of 141 and went down to 135 when I was almost done.

Mr X
03-11-2009, 06:04 AM
if you don't drink the protein shake in time it explodes..truth.

DaveV
03-11-2009, 06:05 AM
if you don't drink the protein shake in time it explodes..truth.

lol you know what I mean though. All I've ever heard was since I started following bodybuilding is to make sure you drink a shake very shortly after you finish training.

Bennny
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Take a scoop of protein powder with you in an empty shaker to the gym. After you get done lifting, mix it with water then drink it. Then do your cardio for as long as you want.

Frosty
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I lift then do cardio for an hour, then have my shake or meal. I think you'll only hurt yourself by raising cortisol from worrying about your PWO drink :D

Bob Smith Jr.
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
ya...as long as you get your shake in within 1 hr after training, you should be fine. However, after my training, i take leukic (7g of leucine) and 5g of glutamine, then do 45 min cardio, then have my shake.

MichaelWayne
03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Take a scoop of protein powder with you in an empty shaker to the gym. After you get done lifting, mix it with water then drink it. Then do your cardio for as long as you want.

+1 for this. Get done, have shake, do cardio, have solid meal

62"diesel
03-24-2009, 01:56 AM
like everyones said do your cardio after you workout if thats what best works for you and take your proteing shake after, but somethings that may help, is that throw some casein in with your preworkout shake cause by the time you hit cardio your still in a positive balance, and also just thro sum glutamine and bcaa powder in a gatorade, or something before cardio imediately after your workout, so your not taking any chances