PDA

View Full Version : My 2009 Jr Nationals Prep

Pages : [1] 2

Scoobysnacks
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Its been a bit since I had my last contest prep thread. I liked having a bit of the accountability and something to update, and the encouragement from everyone helps too. This wont be a journal of my lifts and exercises, if you want to see a split or something I will post it, but Im not someone who writes everything down and definitely I know I wont keep it up.

This will more likely be a place where I post pictures, stats, how things are coming, good things and bad things and how much longer, lol. More of just a dialogue, but something I can keep and use to motivate me.

I wont lie Im a bit nervous about this show, currently its 19.5 weeks out. I just had umbilical surgery 14 days ago and prior to that I had taken two weeks off, one to rest because I needed it badly and one to take a vacation, so Im down in weight and size I feel. I lost weight on vacation despite eating dessert at every meal, it was so damn hot and I bet I walked 3 miles per day or more. And in between our 3-4 main meals I was just eating protein powder or protein bar to hold me.

So right now my training is very light and Im trying to ramp up my cals a bit to add back some muscle and recomp, but cant really get them rocking until Im at least 3 weeks post op, next week. Im not even supposed to be training at all until next Weds, Im going slow and steady. Really focusing just on form and feeling the muscle work again. Ive just been going slower and really only using the muscle Im trying to work. Its amazing how sore you can make your back with 40 lbs on the seated narrow grip cable pull if you dont pull with biceps at all and pinch every set REALLY hard.

Here are my goals for this month, i started my diet on Monday. To gain back about 2-3 lbs of muscle and lose 2-3 lbs of fat. Keep the diet clean but with VARIETY, 20 weeks is a long time, lol. I will hit 30 mins cardio daily of LISS for this month and assess at March 1, 15 morning and 15 evening pwo on days I train. I will be taking one cheat meal on Saturday evenings out with the family. I'll be training 4 days per week througout, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. Here is my current diet if you are interested.

P: 223
C: 260 training, about 220 non by dropping the oats from Meal 6
F: 43

(EVERYTHING WEIGHED IN GRAMS)
Meal 1:
285 grams whites
20 grams yellow
46 grams Fiber One
15 grams blue berries
1/4 sea salt
1 slin trol

Meal 2:
33 grams Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein
170 grams Carbmaster yogurt (has 12 grams protein, only 3 carbs)
205 white potatoe
1 fish oil
1/4 sea salt
1 slin trol

Meal 3:
155 cooked brown rice
130 lean ground turkey
1 fish oil cap
1/4 sea salt

Meal 4: (glutamine 1/2 hr prior to this meal)
45 UMP
1 2% fat string cheese (mozarella)
43 Fiber One
1/4 tsp sea salt

Meal 5: PWO
150 96 lean ground beef
255 white potatoe
Broccoli (no weight, at least a cup)
1 sugar fee jello if desired
1 slin trol

Meal 6:
110 cottage cheese
29 UMP
46 whole oats
1 slin trol

As the weeks pass Ill clean out the diet and drop carbs a tad if need be. But the above gives me a A LOT of leeway to remove certain things (ie dairy, fruit, etc) and keep at the same macros while "cleaning" up the diet as needed.

Currently weight is around 163-165 morning weight, evening 170 on the dot. Im looking to be a lightweight and come down slowly with no muscle loss. I dont know my bodyfat but I dont think I have more than 12 lbs of fat to lose, something around there. Just gonna take it nice and slowly.

Just competing at this show in my best condition ever will be a win, I know genetically Im not that most gifted guy, so hard work and condition are going to have to be what I rely on. If I can accomplish that, Im not concerned with my placings.

When the swelling from my surgery goes away, I suspect another 2 weeks Ill post some pics, but not until then.

Other supplements:
Vasocharge, 2 scps pre workout with 2 scps Extend
3 scps Extend during training
Beverly Muscle Synergy, 8 upon waking, 4 pwo and 4 at bed
500 mg Vit C pwo
500 mg Relora pwo (anti cortisol)
Glutamine powder
Creatine mono
Bev 7 keto DHEA (Musclean). I plan to rotate fat burners on a 4 week basis, start light and change out stronger ones as needed as prep goes along.

I think that about covers it, sorry for the long post.

Scoobysnacks
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Thought Id post this over here to get it going, Im now in the midst of 19 weeks out, long way to go, but things are going well. As you can see I diet with carbs, but Im very ecto and it works for me. Ill update some more in a bit.

JamesWebb
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
nice log bro, can't wait to watch your progress

joedanielsx
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
i see the relora in there. always helped me out i think ill get some in the morning

SBT
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Good luck with your prep!!!

lilarnold
02-11-2009, 12:03 AM
subscribed

Honour
02-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Good read, goodluck mate:)

jeremiah.forster
02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey Everyone, Jason invited me to come and join the fun. I just wanted to give props to Jason as I saw him last year make a dramatic and remarkable transformation in winning his class at the Northern Kentucky.

Jason went from not placing to doing what he is talking about above in winning his class in an extremely competitive show.

Jason also helps quite a few people (including myself) and is extremely knowledgeable. Listen to him!!!

I worked at Beverly Intl' for 5 + years and still help them to this day. I was under the care of Roger Riedinger who is extremely knowledgeable. In saying that it has been my greatest experience (well maybe close to the 2000 Nationals) in preparing for a competition.

Thanks Jason!!! Jason did not tell me to say this but just to come by and check out the board.

lighthvy
02-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey Everyone, Jason invited me to come and join the fun. I just wanted to give props to Jason as I saw him last year make a dramatic and remarkable transformation in winning his class at the Northern Kentucky.

Jason went from not placing to doing what he is talking about above in winning his class in an extremely competitive show.

Jason also helps quite a few people (including myself) and is extremely knowledgeable. Listen to him!!!

I worked at Beverly Intl' for 5 + years and still help them to this day. I was under the care of Roger Riedinger who is extremely knowledgeable. In saying that it has been my greatest experience (well maybe close to the 2000 Nationals) in preparing for a competition.

Thanks Jason!!! Jason did not tell me to say this but just to come by and check out the board.

x2. The guy knows his shit! Good to see you over at this site buddy!

Scoobysnacks
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
i see the relora in there. always helped me out i think ill get some in the morning

Yep, 250 mg morning after LISS cardio and 250 mg pwo. I feel with my day job, training, cardio, running natty and staying active on the boards my cortisol could be a little more out of whack than Id like, Ive read good things about Relora and my wife now swears by it so I thought Id keep it in there.

Steve56
02-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Good Luck Scooby!! I will be on here following along.. your last contest prep thread over at MD was one of the best threads on the board!

Scoobysnacks
02-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Today is 21 days post op. Still have swelling, I was told it will take another 3 weeks to be completely gone. As I always watch my ab area and legs to judge if Im progressing, the swelling makes it hard. But, this far out Im more concerned with getting in the groove and hitting all my macros. Plenty of time for me to be dropping consistently each week. I do think my upper abs and arms are leaner as that arm vein is popping now just when doing regular things around the house, etc.

Im still not able to squat, bent over row or deadlift, but that isnt that huge of a deal I can cope. Its the lighter training and less intensity that is annoying.

This Sunday will mark the end of week 2 of dieting. That Monday I want to add in another 25-50 carbs for the next two weeks to prime my metabolism for the drop March 1st, which is when Ill also up cardio a bit and clean out some of the non conventional bodybuilding prep foods.

Tonight is back thickness/hamis and calves. Its hard to hit back thickness witout deads and bent over rows, but I can cope with other exercises. Hamis suffer without stiff legs, but I may be able to do those light and really feel the stretch as the final workout with out much stress to the abdominal wall.

Although swelling still exists I MAY snap a few pics Saturday at the gym, may is the operative word here.

Steve good to see you stopping in my man, how is the offseason treating you, still good I hope.

Ss

Steve56
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Offseason is going great bro..making good gains and training hard!!

Scoobysnacks
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Just a few things to post up:

1) This morning I was down 2.6 lbs from starting weight in less than 2 weeks, that will mean about 1.5 lbs lost per week. This is great but Im 18 weeks out and I feel .75 to 1 lbs is better at this point. Reason for starting so soon is to keep all the muscle I have. I could cut cardio, but thats not how I do things. So im gonna up my carbs by 50 grams, that will mean training days are 306 and non training days will be 260. Protein and fats will stay the same 225 and 45, respectively.

2) I love my current diet the variety is awesome even though some of the foods arent traditional bodybuilding foods. I feel this is important this far out in sticking to it. Reason I mention this is because my GI feels really healthy right now, not a ton of nasty bb'er gas, bloating or cramping, etc. The Fiber One is a good addition to keep things regular, sorry for all the information, but I said id post the good and the bad or TMI stuff.

3) My head is in the right place for this. Im just ready to compete. 2 months ago, if you asked, and Im being honest here, I was like I dont know if Ill be ready to do this all over again. But, Im ready.

4) The flip has pretty much been flipped, I dont have any cravings for junk food, but Ill continue with the 1 cheat meal per week at least for now.

So cals are being upped for at least 2 weeks, that will put me 16 weeks out, if I get no loss with them at these levels, I come back to where I am now starting March 1. At the very least the increase now will keep me strong and rev the metabolism for March 1.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
02-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I tell my clients that you will have times on the diet where you awake and feel like Popeye, you just like what you see, and days where you awake and feel like olive oil and doubt why you even doing this.

I had an olive oil moment today. Not sure why, I didnt train yesterday carbs were a tad lower, I guess I could be somewhat flat, but I just felt and looked shitty. You look at the entire package and think, National scene, maybe Ive lost my mind.

But you have to get those thoughts out your head. I may take some pics today, but I could see myself passing too, lol. We'll see, maybe a good chest day will snap me out of it. Off to train soon.

The thing with my physique (and maybe some of this is in my mind) but unflexed I think I look like shit, its not until I pose that my strong suits even come out, X frame, and muscular flow. Otherwise, I look like crap. Ive been told I have a "pop" physique. The guy said I wasnt that impressed with you walking around backstage but when you got on stage I couldnt believe it was the same guy. Uh, thanks I guess, lol.....

Ss

Steve56
02-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I tell my clients that you will have times on the diet where you awake and feel like Popeye, you just like what you see, and days where you awake and feel like olive oil and doubt why you even doing this.

I had an olive oil moment today. Not sure why, I didnt train yesterday carbs were a tad lower, I guess I could be somewhat flat, but I just felt and looked shitty. You look at the entire package and think, National scene, maybe Ive lost my mind.

But you have to get those thoughts out your head. I may take some pics today, but I could see myself passing too, lol. We'll see, maybe a good chest day will snap me out of it. Off to train soon.

The thing with my physique (and maybe some of this is in my mind) but unflexed I think I look like shit, its not until I pose that my strong suits even come out, X frame, and muscular flow. Otherwise, I look like crap. Ive been told I have a "pop" physique. The guy said I wasnt that impressed with you walking around backstage but when you got on stage I couldnt believe it was the same guy. Uh, thanks I guess, lol.....

Ss

I think we all have those moments during contest prep when we doubt ourselves and when we don't like what we see in the mirror...i always go through an awkward stage at the begining of prep where im kinda flat but not really looking leaner. You'll be fine bro just keep pluging away.. Are you doing any shows before the jr. nats or is that the only show your focusing on?

Scoobysnacks
02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry for the poor quality, wifey wasnt around, and I wanted to get something taken. This is all I could really get as its kinda hard to pose and hold the camera. Ive brought up my legs which Im happy about. I have more size than last year and Im anxious to see how it turns out.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/frontrelaxed021509-1.jpg

davidyes
02-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Scooby,
What is slin trol?

flexingtonsteele
02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
looks like ur legs and chest have come up a bit! good luck.

Thanks bro, I think I have too. Now just have to strip the fat slowly so it shows.

Steve56
02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Scooby,
What is slin trol?

http://nattynutrition.com/Slin-Trol.html

gymrat3082
02-15-2009, 10:45 PM
bro what weight class you competing in at jr nats?

davidyes
02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
http://nattynutrition.com/Slin-Trol.html

Thanks, Steve!

Scoobysnacks
02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
bro what weight class you competing in at jr nats?

Sorry about that, I posted my reply in your question box, hit edit instead of quote. Getting used to the FL controls.

we'll see where I end up ripped. In the past Ive been bantam, but this offseason was good, and according to skinfolds Im carrying 9-10 more lbm, so in theory lightweight around 149-154, we'll see though. Ive got a long time and Im just gonna diet until I get that really thin skinned look. thanks for asking.

v1hyp
02-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Sub...

Bigbench1
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I will be watching this one closely. How tall are you? And what are you weighing now? I am starting my diet in May and like you, I cannot do the low carb thing. If I go under 150grams, I feel like crap and lose too much size. I get the best results from cycling my carbs

Scoobysnacks
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I will be watching this one closely. How tall are you? And what are you weighing now? I am starting my diet in May and like you, I cannot do the low carb thing. If I go under 150grams, I feel like crap and lose too much size. I get the best results from cycling my carbs

around 5'5". Weight is odd, I think my morning scale is off, its been saying 163 and then gym scale at night says 170, and most people that use my home scale says its 2-3 lbs light. So I think best guess at dry weight is about 165 right now.

Bigbench1
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
around 5'5". Weight is odd, I think my morning scale is off, its been saying 163 and then gym scale at night says 170, and most people that use my home scale says its 2-3 lbs light. So I think best guess at dry weight is about 165 right now.

At that weight, you will be a VERY solid and dry 152 or so. And with that much time, you are going to be very full at the same time. Good luck to you bro. Im sure you will do well!

Scoobysnacks
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
At that weight, you will be a VERY solid and dry 152 or so. And with that much time, you are going to be very full at the same time. Good luck to you bro. Im sure you will do well!

I appreciate your words of encouragement. I honestly never saw myself competing nationally, but Ive been told by many that I have the type of X frame they look for and that I should give it a go. I will admit, it's a bit daunting, but its made me bring my A game by starting early and getting after it.

v1hyp
02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Good luck bro!!

Scoobysnacks
02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I think we all have those moments during contest prep when we doubt ourselves and when we don't like what we see in the mirror...i always go through an awkward stage at the begining of prep where im kinda flat but not really looking leaner. You'll be fine bro just keep pluging away.. Are you doing any shows before the jr. nats or is that the only show your focusing on?

Yeah I call that dieting limbo, Im just coming out of that, I liked what I saw tonight, I was full, arm veins back out, shoulder veins poppping already, posing sessions looked good.

To answer your other Q, Ive thrown around the idea of Jr USA, but Im not gonna do anything ti jeaopardize JR Nationals. If Im about 90% ready for Jr Nats I would consider heading to North Carolina to compete. I have a client doing Jr USA middleweight, so we'll see.

Ss

joedanielsx
02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
keep up the good work!

Scoobysnacks
02-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Im freaking starving today, I suspect Ill need to add more cals soon. I did however, bump the morning cardio to 30 instead of 15 mins on Sunday, so now I do 30 mins morning and 15 pwo. Id rather do this than eat less. Im trying to get my metabolism rockin this far out. So far so good.

last night I could see the good effects of the diet while training, waist looking much smaller already (no bloat anymore), delts showing veins and same with bicep. I felt good and tight at the gym.

My 31 jeans are already very lose in the waist now to the point with a belt the fabric laps over itself.

Things are goin well, and Im not losing a ton of weight, so I like where Im at.

At 16 weeks Ill add another 15 mins cardio if I deem it necessary.

Ss

lighthvy
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Im freaking starving today, I suspect Ill need to add more cals soon. I did however, bump the morning cardio to 30 instead of 15 mins on Sunday, so now I do 30 mins morning and 15 pwo. Id rather do this than eat less. Im trying to get my metabolism rockin this far out. So far so good.

last night I could see the good effects of the diet while training, waist looking much smaller already (no bloat anymore), delts showing veins and same with bicep. I felt good and tight at the gym.

My 31 jeans are already very lose in the waist now to the point with a belt the fabric laps over itself.

Things are goin well, and Im not losing a ton of weight, so I like where Im at.

At 16 weeks Ill add another 15 mins cardio if I deem it necessary.

Ss

Sounds like ur right on track man... big surprise lol. I dont think I ever hit the pant-overlap till 8 weeks out :p

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
These are gonna have to do. I wanted to get some pics up so the changes can be viewed every two weeks, though I started 2.5 weeks ago. So lets call these 17.5 weeks out pics. Im okay with them. I feel good about the thickness I added this offseason, and my abs are already popping and same with quads, I can see the efforts, but A LOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG way to go for this caliber of show.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/abthigh175wks-1.jpg

I think giving hamis their own night this offseason helped my drop:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/sidechest-2-1.jpg

I also trained back with a thickness day and a width day I feel it shows a bit, can I keep it though is the question (thought not a fan of that bit of low back fat I added:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture011-1.jpg

So these will be my base pics I wont put more up until 15 or 15.5 weeks.
Thanks
Ss

jphillips17
02-19-2009, 07:47 PM
dude you def added some quality mass, i cant wait to see you on stage in chicago!

Steve56
02-19-2009, 09:02 PM
quads look crazy...your back is much much thicker..what did your split look like this offseason..i heard that you mentioned you split up back into two sessions.

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
dude you def added some quality mass, i cant wait to see you on stage in chicago!

thanks bro, will you be at Junior Nationals, or do you just mean from pics?

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
quads look crazy...your back is much much thicker..what did your split look like this offseason..i heard that you mentioned you split up back into two sessions.

It went like this:

Back thickness/hamstrings/calves
Chest/shoulder/tri
Rest
Back width/quads/calves
Chest/shoulder/bi
Rest
Rest
Repeat

Back thickness was rack deads, bent over rows, narrow grip cable rows and one arm dumbell rows to the belt.

Width was pull ups, pull downs, stiff arm pull downs and dumbell stiff arm pullovers

If any other questions about it let me know.

Steve56
02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
It went like this:

Back thickness/hamstrings/calves
Chest/shoulder/tri
Rest
Back width/quads/calves
Chest/shoulder/bi
Rest
Rest
Repeat

Back thickness was rack deads, bent over rows, narrow grip cable rows and one arm dumbell rows to the belt.

Width was pull ups, pull downs, stiff arm pull downs and dumbell stiff arm pullovers

If any other questions about it let me know.

i can see you prioritize your chest and shoulders also...you can definitly see the positive changes in your physique.

jphillips17
02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I will be in Chicago, my girl turned pro there last year in figure and i have a few friends and clients competing. You are gona do some damage in that lightweight class bro, your legs are SICK and your back thickness has def come up.

stavios
02-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Good luck Scooby !
I am sure you will end up looking great just like last year :cool:

v1hyp
02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice Pics bro.. Good Luck!

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 10:26 PM
i can see you prioritize your chest and shoulders also...you can definitly see the positive changes in your physique.

You are correct my chest has always been a weak point and although I personally thought my shoulders were always good one judge said they could be better and being narrow in the clavicle any extra width there is worth it. Since my arm grow easy they got put on the back burner this offseason and it didnt hurt them one bit.

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I will be in Chicago, my girl turned pro there last year in figure and i have a few friends and clients competing. You are gona do some damage in that lightweight class bro, your legs are SICK and your back thickness has def come up.

awesome, well Im sure its a hectic weekend, but if you see me say hello, Ill be the short small dude, lol. Story of my life.

Thats cool about your woman, has she done a pro show yet?

Thanks for the kind words...

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Good luck Scooby !
I am sure you will end up looking great just like last year :cool:

thanks man, dont be a stranger in here or this section.

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice Pics bro.. Good Luck!

thanks Im gonna need it.

flexingtonsteele
02-20-2009, 02:41 AM
look great for 17 weeks out, your conditioning should be ur strong point being this far ahead already.

jphillips17
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
awesome, well Im sure its a hectic weekend, but if you see me say hello, Ill be the short small dude, lol. Story of my life.

Thats cool about your woman, has she done a pro show yet?

Thanks for the kind words...

Its def a crazy weekend, but I would book the host hotel as early as you can...def the most convenient way to go!

My girl will be making her pro debut at the Orlando Europa Super Show, 8 weeks from today. Her name is Catherine Holland, look out for her.

debbiebramwell
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
These are gonna have to do. I wanted to get some pics up so the changes can be viewed every two weeks, though I started 2.5 weeks ago. So lets call these 17.5 weeks out pics. Im okay with them. I feel good about the thickness I added this offseason, and my abs are already popping and same with quads, I can see the efforts, but A LOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG way to go for this caliber of show.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/abthigh175wks-1.jpg

I think giving hamis their own night this offseason helped my drop:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/sidechest-2-1.jpg

I also trained back with a thickness day and a width day I feel it shows a bit, can I keep it though is the question (thought not a fan of that bit of low back fat I added:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture011-1.jpg

So these will be my base pics I wont put more up until 15 or 15.5 weeks.
Thanks
Ss
great pics! whats your height and weight here? I wil be peeking in to check up on you! We have different body types....I put muscle on easy and dont drop weight easy...I am 5t 2 155 now and lean!!! yikes..maybe thats why daves diet is working well so far..Ill keep ya posted! eat some carbs for me! hope all is great!:D

Scoobysnacks
02-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey debbie thanks for stopping in.

In these pics as it was evening probably around 170 and 5'5" or 5'6". Morning weight though was probably around 165 I track both just to see what my body is doing.

Yes gaining muscle is more of a struggle for me, but dropping weight once I get rolling, especially just some small carb drops I drop pretty quickly so I have to be careful and on the ball (ready to react day to day is what I mean).

Ss

Steve56
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
bro..whats your bf % in those pics?

Scoobysnacks
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
bro..whats your bf % in those pics?

Steve I have no clue. Im scared to take it.

I will take it at 16 weeks out, these first 4 weeks were to get back into the groove, hit my macros during the week (with one cheat meal on the weekend) recomp and ease into things. At 16 weeks Ill take it and track it.

If I had to guess Id say on a 9 site caliper test around 11%????

To all: I am not inviting you to comment that Im either to high or to low, I frankly dont care, Ill diet until Im ready or I run out of time, lol. Whenever you start talking bodyfat you can always bet you'll get that one guy that says, NO YOU'RE NOT.

But my leg is pinching a 9, lower back a 10 (according to my wife) and my ab a 10/11, thats all I know right now.

This Saturday is 16 weeks and Ill take them then, Ive also been waiting for the swelling at my bellybutton to go down, its getting better, but still there.

Thanks for stopping back in.

Ss

Steve56
02-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Steve I have no clue. Im scared to take it.

I will take it at 16 weeks out, these first 4 weeks were to get back into the groove, hit my macros during the week (with one cheat meal on the weekend) recomp and ease into things. At 16 weeks Ill take it and track it.

If I had to guess Id say on a 9 site caliper test around 11%????

To all: I am not inviting you to comment that Im either to high or to low, I frankly dont care, Ill diet until Im ready or I run out of time, lol. Whenever you start talking bodyfat you can always bet you'll get that one guy that says, NO YOU'RE NOT.

But my leg is pinching a 9, lower back a 10 (according to my wife) and my ab a 10/11, thats all I know right now.

This Saturday is 16 weeks and Ill take them then, Ive also been waiting for the swelling at my bellybutton to go down, its getting better, but still there.

Thanks for stopping back in.

Ss

Your quite lean for being this far out...you will be in shape early thats my prediction and you can eat into the show which is a great position to be in!

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Your quite lean for being this far out...you will be in shape early thats my prediction and you can eat into the show which is a great position to be in!

Im hoping to be in shape early to so I can fine tune. I was happy with everything in terms of conditioning from my last show except my glutes and hamis, they were the best ever, but they can still be better. And they will only get that way once all the fat is gone from my upper, and front body I know that for a fact.

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
If I view my physique as a whole I think the fat is coming off quite nicely. I must be recomping some because the scale just hasnt moved a ton, Im down about 3 lbs from the start. That was the goal, and it helps to go back and read that, usually I drop quicker, but Ive kept my calories and cheat meal in there to not drop so quick at first.

This Saturday is 16 weeks and for me that signifies, time to buckle down. Ill be eliminating the non traditional bodybuilder foods, ie, the yogurt, and string cheese, I will keep the cottage cheese and blueberries for now and fiber one. Fiber one will be the next to go though.

Cardio will be 30 mins morning LISS and 30 mins PWO LISS. Depending on how I feel I may take out 25 carbs, but not 50 to begin.

I can tell the fat is loosening up, its much easier to pinch around the kidney and ab, just has the squishy feeling instead of that harder feeling. So things are rolling in the right direction for sure. Just gotta keep telling myself this is a marathon not a sprint, sometimes we want it now, not later. When i say 16 weeks it seems right around the corner, but I keep telling myself late June, and that puts it more into perspective whenever I want to add more cardio or cut carbs/cals etc.

This morning sucked as I forgot my food, so I had to drive all they way back home, luckily I have work hours that I establish with no real set time, as long as I get my work done on time.

Chest/shoulders/bis tonight, 30 mins LISS as I only hit 15 mins this morning.

I also had a bottle of L Carnitine sitting around and figured Id put it in the mix until its gone. I hear it only works for about 2 weeks time anyways. So Ill rotate it in and out. Doing 1 gram prior to LISS, 1 gram before training and 1 gram at bedtime. We'll see.

I also know Im losing becuase I feel small in my work clothes again, the pants dont fit my waist and my sweaters are no longer as snug, but screw it I look bigger with my shirt off as Im leaning out, thats such a mindtrip....

Still no HIIT cardio.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Im gonna take some skinfolds tomorrow morning I think, I'll report what the story is tomorrow. Its been a solid week, I did feel a little flat at my training session on weds, but since that is the last one of the week (my week is running Sat/Sun off Mon Tues/Wed off Thurs/Fri) that is sort of to be expected. But, Ill be monitoring that closely to make sure Im not tapping muscle, but I almost welcomed that feeling, where you have to put your head down some and you see stars for a minute after a set.

I've toyed with the idea of keeping cals the same but taking 20 grams carbs and adding to 20 grams protein, so the cals will be the same but just a few less carbs. Ill see where I am tomorrow.

I know I took a leg skinfold this morning as they were feeling leaner and I pulled an 8. They were a 10+ when I started, so thats good. At 8 weeks out last year they were still an 8, so Im way ahead in the leg department.

Ill take pics next Weds as that will be 2 weeks since the last ones. Im expecting to visually be able to see some difference.

Oh I bumped my cardio to two 30 mins sessions of LISS on Weds. Im burning from cardio around 400 cals daily, this is a comfortable pace for me. I actually enjoy my morning cardio once I get in a groove. I played 15 years of soccer and during the season in college we would practice for 2 hrs each day after school and then games on weekends, cardio just doesnt bother me when I have the energy to do it, and LISS is simple stuff.

Weight was 161.4 this morning almost 4 lbs down since starting, and sunday would be a full 4 weeks. So hitting about 1 lb per week, nice pace as I dont think I have 16 lbs of fat to lose.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Ab: 11 (I got a 9 the other morning, but we will go with this, Ive never had this be my highest and I think its still due to the swelling from surgery, but we'll go with this)
Supra: 4.5
Chest: 2.5
bi: 2.5
tri: 7
Subscap: 9.5
Lower back: 9
quad: 9.5 (pinched an 8 the other morning, but it is what it is, having someone else do it makes a difference)
calf: 5.5

Weight: 160 on the dot (down 2 lbs this week)
LBM: 143.43
Fat: 16.47
%: 10.3

All Im concerned with are the lbs of fat 16.5. Id love to get to 6lbs total fat on a 9 site, that would be RIPPED. So, 10 lbs of fat in 16 weeks VERY doable. That would bring me in around 150 in theory with no LBM loss, but you know how that goes.

This morning was lowest weight to date down 2 lbs, but Sat is usually my low day as I go Thurs/Fri back to back at around 210 carbs, so I usually suck down a bit.

Tonight will be the beginning of clean refeed meal. Outback, after traininig, 7 oz filet, broccoli no butter, sweet potato no butter but with sugar and cinnamon and 1 loaf of the pumpernickle bread no butter. Ill do this until I dont consistently drop, but I think its timed well for this evening. I have chest/shoulders/tri and Ive got my wife now traininig with me on my schedule so forced reps and intensity will be easier and Ill have someone to keep pace during cardio which makes it go by quicker.

I always tell my clients come to me at 10-11% at 16 weeks and you'll be shredded, so Ive done that, and now its time to dial it in.

Ss

v1hyp
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
refeed sounds good!!

Scoobysnacks
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
workout was awesome today, felt full and looked bigger than usual. My wife pushed me through and we should make a good team when we arent bickering, lol.

Afterwards, we hit up Outback, I was full but not stuffed, the meal was perfect Im on fire right now, just wont stop sweating.

I feel like a million bucks, diet is easy right now, carbs are high and Im getting fuller and leaner. Good stuff.

Ss

debbiebramwell
03-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Just wanted you to know that I came here to check on you..looks like everything is going good! and no bickering with your wife!:D enjoy your day and your prep journey!;)

Scoobysnacks
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Just wanted you to know that I came here to check on you..looks like everything is going good! and no bickering with your wife!:D enjoy your day and your prep journey!;)

Thanks! Yep plugging away, enjoying every minute of it, even the morning cardio, everything clicks better when Im prepping.

Hope yours is going well too. Keep us all posted.

Steve Smith
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
You and Lightweight competitor and new Team MuscleTech athlete, Chris San Juan are probably the only two bruhs at Jr. Nats who will be totally natural, if you are speaking the truth.

Do you handle your own nutrition, Ss?

- Block!

Scoobysnacks
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
You and Lightweight competitor and new Team MuscleTech athlete, Chris San Juan are probably the only two bruhs at Jr. Nats who will be totally natural, if you are speaking the truth.

Do you handle your own nutrition, Ss?

- Block!

Block I handle my own nutrition.

Steve Smith
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Well done.

Answer these for me...

1). Why do it drug-free? Is it a personal choice? Medical reasoning and/or longevity issues? A uncompromiseable better half?

2). What weight class will you be competing in, or want to compete in?

3). I've picked up a few Beverly products here and there in the past. Lean Out, Muscle Synergy and I think Muscle Provider. I contend that their protein powders cannot be beat in taste. Not even MuscleMilk or Syntrax can hang with Beverly. Not even Species-Isolyze. Are you a Beverly athlete and if so are their supplements as good as it is touted to be?

- Block.

Scoobysnacks
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Well done.

Answer these for me...

1). Why do it drug-free? Is it a personal choice? Medical reasoning and/or longevity issues? A uncompromiseable better half?

2). What weight class will you be competing in, or want to compete in?

3). I've picked up a few Beverly products here and there in the past. Lean Out, Muscle Synergy and I think Muscle Provider. I contend that their protein powders cannot be beat in taste. Not even MuscleMilk or Syntrax can hang with Beverly. Not even Species-Isolyze. Are you a Beverly athlete and if so are their supplements as good as it is touted to be?

- Block.

1) Its just a personal choice, I never set out either to big or compete, competition just sort of happened.

2) In theory 150 I would guess, Im holding 144 LBM on a 9 site, with about 15 lbs of fat, if I could get the fat lbs down to 5 on a 9 site, which would be shredded Id be around 150, but Ill inevitably lose LBM trying to get to that point, if its just glycogen loss.....from taking carbs lower as I go.

3) I love UMP Chocolate. Im not a sponsored athlete as they dont really sponsor. I am a distributor though, I take the products and I believe in the products. I also take Synergy while in prep mode. Ill throw in Density their EAA product at some point and also their GH Factor when fat loss gets real stubborn way down the line.

Scoobysnacks
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Things are progressing right along, had a very strong leg workout last night. I also hit the step mill, man that kicks my butt, did 20 mins there and finished on the bike.

My wife got me some chuck taylors and Ive always heard hwo they are great for squatting and leg pressing etc, but never put much thought into it. Anyways, I was way stronger in the leg department than in my nike shox, there is definitely something to having the flat hard bottoms that is really different from the normal running shoe to train in.

This Saturday is a big day for me in my prep. Since turning up the cardio for a full week Ill see if Im down another pound, Saturday is my barometer, if not down at least 1 lb Ill make some changes, probably add some more LISS cardio, I dont mind it, and Id rather eat preserve my LBM and just hit more LISS.

Ken "Skip" Hill
03-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Sorry, I gotta go with my Shox. : )

Skip

Scoobysnacks
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Weight down another pound to end up the week, clocked in at 159.2. So for 5 weeks Im down around 4.5 lbs, very good with me. I did make some subtle changes though.

The protein powder I was using Ultimate Muscle Protein by Beverly tastes wonderful, the chocolate tastes like chocolate milk even in water, just like Nestle. Anyways, I was doing 3 of those per day. However, after analyzing my diet that was adding a good amount of carbs per each shake I was having; 9-11 grams carbs. So I switched to their Muscle Provider which is basically just Isolate, much less carbs and much less fat, same awesome taste. I also dropped to only two shakes per day.

This allows me to eat more lower glycemic carbs, but it also allows me to get more fish oil into my diet since my new powder doenst really have any fats.

I also took 25 carbs and moved them to protein, by increasing protein by 25 grams. Same cals, just moving macros.

Felt really full last night despite dropping carbs a tad, and already looked harder.

I think this will be a good tweak to my plan. Looking for 158 next weekend.

Still unsure about what weight class Ill compete in, just wanna be shredded.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I have some 15 week out pics I need to get up. The changes are most visible at the sides/love handle/lower back and abs. Arms and shoulders as well. All very typical fat loss pattern for me. I dont think much has changed in the legs, also typical for me. They wont budge until the entire upper body is void of fat.

Weight this morning was 159.4 after two days of higher carbs, today will be a non training day and Ive dropped off 50 grams carbs, protein still up from the last adjustment though.

See where I am tomorrow and Sat morning, would like to hit 158 for a 2lb drop this week. 158.8 was my lowest Tuesday and ive been manipulating energy sources to hit 158 by the end of this week.

Cardio still going good, strength continuing to rise, looking fairly full and feeling really good. Weight loss has been slow and steady as I said it would.

Carbs are now at 225/240 and 175 non training days, protein around 245 and fats at 40 grams. I toggle back and forth in these ranges right now just manipulating my energy levels.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Can see less fat at kidney as the lower lats are coming in and more definition in back in general:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture019-2-1-1.jpg

abs a bit more pronounced and less fat on sides the taper is coming back..
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture015-4.jpg

joedanielsx
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
man i think shox really are really bad for postural considerations. causes too much stress on the knee in my opinion.

Scoobysnacks
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
man i think shox really are really bad for postural considerations. causes too much stress on the knee in my opinion.

Im loving the chuck taylors for squats and leg press. Definitely can drive better and in turn lift more weight IMHO.

stavios
03-13-2009, 03:03 PM
looking great this far out Scooby !

BigPablo300
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey Scooby, I've got a quick question for ya. How did you become a distributer for Beverly and what are the perks? Also what exactly is involved in the process? Just curious because I love Beverly products and wish I could afford more of them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for no bs supplements. By the way it's nice to see so many familiar faces over here. Good luck at the Junior Nationals. I should be there this year.

Scoobysnacks
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Scooby, I've got a quick question for ya. How did you become a distributer for Beverly and what are the perks? Also what exactly is involved in the process? Just curious because I love Beverly products and wish I could afford more of them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for no bs supplements. By the way it's nice to see so many familiar faces over here. Good luck at the Junior Nationals. I should be there this year.

Thanks for the well wishes.

They are great people and a great company. I always recommend their supps, they work well for me.

To be a distributor you have to fill out the distributor form and get approved. You should probably have a Tax Id number so they know you are a "business." I set up my LLC then filed my IRS paperwork for my Tax Id and then applied. If you arent a "brick and mortar" business then you must purchase $500 or more on your first three purchases, which was no issue for us (we do a good local business as well as internet) then thereafter you can purchase any amount.

Steve56
03-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Im loving the chuck taylors for squats and leg press. Definitely can drive better and in turn lift more weight IMHO.

Yea i have been using the shox for a while and im thinking of changing it up...did u get the low tops?

Scoobysnacks
03-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Yea i have been using the shox for a while and im thinking of changing it up...did u get the low tops?

low tops all the way. I like them.

Took 14 week out pics this morning, I look leaner than the last set things are humming right along, lost another 2 lbs for the week was 157.6 this morning. Was at a show all day Sat and all my guys I prepped looked great and did some damage, it was a great time.

I may actually up my carbs some this week by 25, Im waiting to see morning weight tomorrow after my Outback meal today. If Im down again tomorrow Im adding the 25 carbs. 14 weeks is a long time and I may be able to do a few weeks at 2 lbs per week but I know my body and if I string that along to long muscle loss will occur. Frail ass body, lol.

Ss

Koubs
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Good luck man... couple quick questions about your off-season split...
1. Did you continue it into your pre-contest training (chest, shoulders, and back 2X per week??)
2. What kind of VOLUME and rep ranges were you working in on the chest, shoulders, back width, and back thickness movements?? Do you think a split like this would work for bringing up these parts in a lower-volume/heavy weight protocol?? My chest has always been lacking, but I feel like I could train it more than the 1X per week... My back is pretty good, but that always feels like it recovers quickly and the splitting up of width and thickness exercises is something i've considered...

thanks, good luck again bro!

Scoobysnacks
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Good luck man... couple quick questions about your off-season split...
1. Did you continue it into your pre-contest training (chest, shoulders, and back 2X per week??)
2. What kind of VOLUME and rep ranges were you working in on the chest, shoulders, back width, and back thickness movements?? Do you think a split like this would work for bringing up these parts in a lower-volume/heavy weight protocol?? My chest has always been lacking, but I feel like I could train it more than the 1X per week... My back is pretty good, but that always feels like it recovers quickly and the splitting up of width and thickness exercises is something i've considered...

thanks, good luck again bro!

Koubs, I did continue it the first four weeks and everything was good, in week five I got to the gym for my second chest day and I knew immediately it was not recovered. So I made mental note and switched back to my tried and true pre contest 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off where I hit chest/tri, back/bi, legs/calves, shoulder/abs/calves. Works well for me.

As for #2, I was doing about 12 sets with rep ranges in the 8 to fail out and then eeking out 2-4 more through rest pause. I think anything will work for 8 weeks if its sound, so give what you propose a try. If diet is on the money you should recover fine. My recovery in the offseason is awesome, not as much in precontest.

Scoobysnacks
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I may actually up my carbs some this week by 25, Im waiting to see morning weight tomorrow after my Outback meal today. If Im down again tomorrow Im adding the 25 carbs. Ss

I added 20 grams carbs, I was down .2 lbs each morning from sunday on. To fast, I still have 14 weeks to diet. So Im adding food to get to 1.5 lbs this week. Still a tad fast for where I am, but id prefer to be ready early and rest the legs by pulling back on the cardio if possible.

v1hyp
03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
when will you post those14 week pics??

Scoobysnacks
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
when will you post those14 week pics??

abthigh (abs coming in clearer already):
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture024-1-1.jpg

Rear dubbi (hamstring popping out every so slightly, long WAY to go though):
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture025-1-1.jpg

side chest:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/Picture023-1-1.jpg

Its a work in progress, but Im getting leaner week by week. Forgot to mention I was 157.6 the day of the photos. Not really sure yet whether Ill be lightweight or bantam. I dont think I have 14 lbs of fat to lose, but for the look I want Im willing to give up some muscle to get it, we'll see how my body responds.

v1hyp
03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
looking good, abs are dailing in well. Keep it up!!

Scoobysnacks
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
looking good, abs are dailing in well. Keep it up!!

Thanks V1, Im in the zone now, so its just the grind now, day at a time.

Scoobysnacks
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I see tons of posts lately on all boards by people just hating their diet, its like its the most miserable thing there is. To me its the opposite, its my tool to carve my physique, I look forward to each and every day starting my day off with eggs, oats and blueberries. I look forward to my top round steak, baked potatoes and brocolli for post workout. I look forward to my filet mignon, sweet potato and broccoli once per week from Outback after my leg workout.

I just dont get it really. Why do this and feel like total asshole for 12 weeks. Wouldnt you rather diet longer and actually eat and enjoy the process. Or stay leaner in the offseason if all you can handle is 12 weeks of dieting.

And Im not just talking about carbohydrates here. If you do better on fats and protein fine (I used to do this in large calorie quantity and still felt like dog shit, but if it works for you), but if you didnt wait til 8 weeks out to get serious you wouldnt be struggling so hard and look like you got sucked out a vaccuum cleaner. You could eat more proteins and fats if thats your fuel of choice.

I just see a lot of bitching on all the boards I frequent lately, and it gets old. No one makes you do this sport. No one told you to start your prep at 15%+ fat and only give yourself 12 weeks to get into shape.

Sometimes I see all these logs and people started out squatting 315 and by the end they are squatting a freakin plate, I mean are you serious here. Dont you think you did something wrong along the way? Doenst that make you say, hmmmmmm?

This is not directed at anyone, I visit a lot of different boards and its the same in most of those places too.

My advice is either stay below 10% year round and do your 12 weeks with much more calories and actually get stronger during your prep or start 16 weeks out at least.

Most of these diets look like "Can I survive until the competition" diets. I just dont get it.

fitcorps
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Journal is looking good Scoobs.

Hey, sorry if you covered this already, but are you gonna be at Liberman's show April 4th?

bigcrz
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I see tons of posts lately on all boards by people just hating their diet, its like its the most miserable thing there is. To me its the opposite, its my tool to carve my physique, I look forward to each and every day starting my day off with eggs, oats and blueberries. I look forward to my top round steak, baked potatoes and brocolli for post workout. I look forward to my filet mignon, sweet potato and broccoli once per week from Outback after my leg workout.

I just dont get it really. Why do this and feel like total asshole for 12 weeks. Wouldnt you rather diet longer and actually eat and enjoy the process. Or stay leaner in the offseason if all you can handle is 12 weeks of dieting.

And Im not just talking about carbohydrates here. If you do better on fats and protein fine (I used to do this in large calorie quantity and still felt like dog shit, but if it works for you), but if you didnt wait til 8 weeks out to get serious you wouldnt be struggling so hard and look like you got sucked out a vaccuum cleaner. You could eat more proteins and fats if thats your fuel of choice.

I just see a lot of bitching on all the boards I frequent lately, and it gets old. No one makes you do this sport. No one told you to start your prep at 15%+ fat and only give yourself 12 weeks to get into shape.

Sometimes I see all these logs and people started out squatting 315 and by the end they are squatting a freakin plate, I mean are you serious here. Dont you think you did something wrong along the way? Doenst that make you say, hmmmmmm?

This is not directed at anyone, I visit a lot of different boards and its the same in most of those places too.

My advice is either stay below 10% year round and do your 12 weeks with much more calories and actually get stronger during your prep or start 16 weeks out at least.

Most of these diets look like "Can I survive until the competition" diets. I just dont get it.

Well put bro I agree 100%. The first show I ever dieted for I made the same mistake. That is not going to happen again. I will make sure I am about 10% when I start a diet from now on.

Scoobysnacks
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Journal is looking good Scoobs.

Hey, sorry if you covered this already, but are you gonna be at Liberman's show April 4th?

I doubt it, its probably a 4-5 hr drive for me, and I only have one client doing it, Id like to see it, but will be sitting it out I think.

BigPablo300
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Exactly! I couldn't of said it better myself. Frankly I like to diet long even though I'm lean year round. That way I can make small changes here and there if necessary and be ready to role 2 weeks out. You shouldn't be trying to lose 5lbs. of fat a week out.

stavios
03-19-2009, 05:28 PM

so true man !!
I have to admit, last year I hated the diet and my heart wasn't really into it.

this year I am dieting just for fun on the Keto diet and I feel absolutely awesome. I feel like I am not even dieting.

I am even starting not to look like a big whale ! :D

Scoobysnacks
03-19-2009, 07:35 PM
so true man !!
I have to admit, last year I hated the diet and my heart wasn't really into it.

this year I am dieting just for fun on the Keto diet and I feel absolutely awesome. I feel like I am not even dieting.

I am even starting not to look like a big whale ! :D

Do you think you simply do better on protein and fats or was it the desire issue?

stavios
03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Do you think you simply do better on protein and fats or was it the desire issue?

a little bit of both but I dieted with carbs for the 3 shows I did, and everytime I was an asshole to my gilrfriend with incredible mood swings.

this time around is like I am not even dieting.
Maybe it's the weekly cheat meal that keeps me sane too

I think you can get in the same shape with both diets but the keto just seems easier for me

hulk7280
03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
a little bit of both but I dieted with carbs for the 3 shows I did, and everytime I was an asshole to my gilrfriend with incredible mood swings.

this time around is like I am not even dieting.
Maybe it's the weekly cheat meal that keeps me sane too

I think you can get in the same shape with both diets but the keto just seems easier for me

the last few weeks are hard regardless idont care if ur doing keto or not.. lol

stavios
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
the last few weeks are hard regardless idont care if ur doing keto or not.. lol

of course !!! haha

especially since there are no cheat meals the last 4 weeks :eek:

Scoobysnacks
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
of course !!! haha

especially since there are no cheat meals the last 4 weeks :eek:

thats one thing about the directions dave gives that I dont get. So if you need that meal to keep the metabolism healthy and burning fat, then why would it make sense to drop 4 weeks out? Wouldnt it, if anything, keep the metabolism burning then too.

Ive talked to others who do a version of keto and they take their cheat as scheduled all the way up to the show and actually time it to load with.

I think if I was progressing properly Id leave it in, but thats me personally, i do well on carbs so....

militantmuscle
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM
He might do it to elicit a greater insulinogenic response from the carb up last week of the show.

Scoobysnacks
03-20-2009, 02:49 PM
He might do it to elicit a greater insulinogenic response from the carb up last week of the show.

perhaps, but at the expense of driving the metabolism into the ground??? I dont have the answer this just always baffled me, and like I said I know quite a few others who do keto variations and keep the cheat load some even a HUGE cheat day all the way in.

militantmuscle
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
You bring up a very good point Scooby.

This will of course depend on the individual. For instance, I have a client getting ready for the Southern USA in May, and he was gaining muscle on a strict ketogenic diet, while improving his condition, and his weight was going up! However, I personally felt that we could accelerate the rate of lipolysis a lot more without detrimenting his size, because I perceived his body to be capable of enduring lower energy levels than other athletes, therefore not needing any carb ups, unless absolutely needed. So far his energy levels/pumps are great, and he is getting leaner faster.

Scoobysnacks
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM
You bring up a very good point Scooby.

This will of course depend on the individual. For instance, I have a client getting ready for the Southern USA in May, and he was gaining muscle on a strict ketogenic diet, while improving his condition, and his weight was going up! However, I personally felt that we could accelerate the rate of lipolysis a lot more without detrimenting his size, because I perceived his body to be capable of enduring lower energy levels than other athletes, therefore not needing any carb ups, unless absolutely needed. So far his energy levels/pumps are great, and he is getting leaner faster.

Point taken, I agree, I take it your client was more endomorphic. In my experience those athletes can take a licking and keep ticking so to speak.

militantmuscle
03-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Exactly.

It's a tough argument, do the cheat meal to boost metabolism, or restrict them in order to limit 'excess' energy?

stavios
03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
thats one thing about the directions dave gives that I dont get. So if you need that meal to keep the metabolism healthy and burning fat, then why would it make sense to drop 4 weeks out? Wouldnt it, if anything, keep the metabolism burning then too.

Ive talked to others who do a version of keto and they take their cheat as scheduled all the way up to the show and actually time it to load with.

I think if I was progressing properly Id leave it in, but thats me personally, i do well on carbs so....

I don't think it makes any sense either !
But to be honnest, I don't think the cheat meal does shit for my metabolism since it's already jacked up from the T3 pills.

the cheat meal is more to help me mentally than anything.

flexingtonsteele
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't think it makes any sense either !
But to be honnest, I don't think the cheat meal does shit for my metabolism since it's already jacked up from the T3 pills.

the cheat meal is more to help me mentally than anything.

the cheat meals are HUGE mentally bro, Jim kept them in my diet all the way til the last few days, i dont think there is any need to drop them.

but jims diet is different than palumbos it has far fewer carbs.

stavios
03-20-2009, 11:57 PM
the cheat meals are HUGE mentally bro, Jim kept them in my diet all the way til the last few days, i dont think there is any need to drop them.

but jims diet is different than palumbos it has far fewer carbs.

yeah I'll see what I'll do once I get leaner.
this year I want to get lean like that Brian Withacre dude I saw pics of.

i am just using Dave's diet as a base, I will adjust everything on my own as the weeks go by !
Also, I don't agree with the last week process that Dave uses.
I decided I won't ever use a nutritionnist again, I prefer doing things my way !

this way I can only blame me if I don't get how I want :)

flexingtonsteele
03-21-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah I'll see what I'll do once I get leaner.
this year I want to get lean like that Brian Withacre dude I saw pics of.

i am just using Dave's diet as a base, I will adjust everything on my own as the weeks go by !
Also, I don't agree with the last week process that Dave uses.
I decided I won't ever use a nutritionnist again, I prefer doing things my way !

this way I can only blame me if I don't get how I want :)

i dont blame u after the bad experience u had before.

Scoobysnacks
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
This weekend was crazy hectic between all the Natty clients getting ready for shows and trying to get my own training in, but it was accomplished. I was up working until 11 pm last night, after all day consults, just a tiring day. This morning I could barely get up, but I did and got my 30 mins cardio done before work.

We have also been very busy launching our next supplement project, its an all natural female libido booster, its patent pending and developed by an OBGYN. We are happy with the outcome and reviews have been good. Its called Dezyr. Its a gift you can make to your woman that keeps on giving back to you. You can read more at my site.

My weight today was 156.4 which is exactly 1 lb down from last monday.

The weather here in Cincinnati, has improved a ton and I think Im gonna get a midday walk in to the local Starbucks I walked it last friday to get my evening cardio done early and it was exaclty 30 mins. I can do this in place of or either in addition to another 30 mins tonight. Im leary of adding any though this far out as being down 1 lb is pretty much perfect for being 13 weeks out.

If I were to continue with 1 lbs loss Id end up 143 top of bantams, but I dont really think I have 13 lbs of fat to lose. We'll see.

I did take some pics Ill try to get a few of those up, they are my 13 week out pics.

Ss

stavios
03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Do you play around with water a lot Scooby ?

I know Jeff Rodrigez drops almost 10 pounds of water to make the middleweight class !

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Do you play around with water a lot Scooby ?

I know Jeff Rodrigez drops almost 10 pounds of water to make the middleweight class !

Not really I shoot for 1 gallon while dieting and Ill ramp up before I load then start to taper it into the show as I load carbs, etc.

I do take in a ton of sea salt though, and I drop that fairly early during peak week and just go with the sodium in my foods which really dont change, so I dont risk flattening out, but I drop a good bit of water lbs.

Bob Smith Jr.
03-24-2009, 09:31 AM
cheat meals are good if your in shape, but if your behind in your prep or anything, i dont recommend one have a weekly cheat meal, unless your doing daves diet where its necessary to 'refuel' with carbs.

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 11:42 AM
down to 154.6 today which is 2.4 lbs from last Tuesday. Time to up the food. I chose fats, took them to 20% of intake, or 50 total grams now. Macros today are 245p/245c/50f.

I added fats as I could feel libido not as strong lately. So I figured if the body is asking for more food, put it in fats. Cals are now 2500 training days and 2300 non.

Last Saturday I was also down 2.4lbs so I had my Outback meal and ate 9 oz filet, all the brown sugar on my sweet potato and the usual broccoli. That worked for a few days, but now Im burning crazy again. So we'll see how adding these fats in works. I added them all in fish oil caps as I didnt have time to mess with anything else today.

But, tonight Ill adjust the egg yolk and increase that some too, and back off the fish oils some as I think its too many today, but I had to do something to get more cals in.

Still need to get those 13 week out pics up. I was visibly leaner this morning and skinfolds I pulled real quick on ab and thigh were down as well.

Things are good, almost too good. im also going to ease up on the cardio intensity just for tonight, Ill pedal on bike only at level 1 heart rate around 80 bpm.

Ss

HeavyDutyGuy
03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Question- level 1? Out of how many? Is it a home bike or a gym commercial version.

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Question- level 1? Out of how many? Is it a home bike or a gym commercial version.

Its a gym version, it will look like Im pedaling waiting for someone, very much cardio respiratory rather than vascular tonight. Less than a stroll, lol. i think it has 15+ levels.

Then Ill reassess in the morning based on weight and what it did.

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Just a quick ab thigh from the 13 week out pics. Ill post more from this weekend, at 12 weeks out.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_0967-1.jpg

jphillips17
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
DAMN J, lookin great!!! :bowdown:

hey man quick question for ya....on the weekends i like to train after meal 1 or 2, would you still reccomend am cardio then more immediately post workout or just do it all in the am? Right now I am at 1 hour.

Steve56
03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
bro your looking great...13 weeks outs and you probably dont have more then 7-8 pounds to left to lose...your conditioning is going to be crazy!

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
DAMN J, lookin great!!! :bowdown:

hey man quick question for ya....on the weekends i like to train after meal 1 or 2, would you still reccomend am cardio then more immediately post workout or just do it all in the am? Right now I am at 1 hour.

Thanks I appreciate it.

What I do on Saturday is I get up hit my LISS without food. Then eat Meal 1, wait 2 hrs, head to gym, train and hit more pwo LISS. THen just rest and eat all day, lol. Doesnt impede my fat loss one bit.

Ive seen your pics though, WHATEVER you are doing is working, very good physique if Im thinking of the right person. You are the one with the girlfriend who recently won her pro card, right?

Ss

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM
bro your looking great...13 weeks outs and you probably dont have more then 7-8 pounds to left to lose...your conditioning is going to be crazy!

I appreciate it. Not sure really. Im going for the same thin skinned upper body I had in my profile pic, but striations in the lower body everywhere. I think last year I could have used 4 more weeks dieting and this weekend I suspect Ill be at 12 weeks where I was at 7 weeks last time, so I should have the time. Ill just go until I have "that" look or like I said run out of time.

Ss

jphillips17
03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks I appreciate it.

What I do on Saturday is I get up hit my LISS without food. Then eat Meal 1, wait 2 hrs, head to gym, train and hit more pwo LISS. THen just rest and eat all day, lol. Doesnt impede my fat loss one bit.

Ive seen your pics though, WHATEVER you are doing is working, very good physique if Im thinking of the right person. You are the one with the girlfriend who recently won her pro card, right?

Ss

Ya man thats me, she is just under 4 weeks out so im pretty stoked for her! Thanks for the compliments bro, from someone that has your physique and more importantly your knowledge that is a huge compliment!

Im pumped to watch you in Chicago, have you booked your hotel yet?

jphillips17
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
in the pics you mentioned I was following Scott Abel's cycle diet, what are your thoughts on that?

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Ya man thats me, she is just under 4 weeks out so im pretty stoked for her! Thanks for the compliments bro, from someone that has your physique and more importantly your knowledge that is a huge compliment!

Im pumped to watch you in Chicago, have you booked your hotel yet?

Yes they are booked, my parents are coming too. Im excited, but LOTS of work to still do.

Scoobysnacks
03-24-2009, 11:53 PM
in the pics you mentioned I was following Scott Abel's cycle diet, what are your thoughts on that?

Could you link me, Im familiar with his writing regarding metabolic syndrome and the figure athlete, VERY good stuff as I encounter this a lot with females who come to me. But, Im not as familar with this diet you speak of. Would like to read a bit about it and Ill give what two cents.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Here is a Team Natty member, Joe Daniels, who won the tough welter class at the Northern Kentucky Bodybuilding Championships. Pretty cool interview and Im glad for him, couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

http://worldphysique.com/joedanielsinterview.html

I had to add to this one, Team Natty member, Robbi Hatch capturing the Overall at the Southern Indiana this past weekend. She is competing in the Natural Ohio this weekend and the Cincinnati the following.

http://www.photoabout.com/p661049274/h587ce50#h30833cc

Scoobysnacks
04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
On Tuesday morning I hit 153.8 new low. Today I was at 154.2 which is 1.2 lbs down from last week, the weight loss has slowed a tad, but 1.2 lbs per week is still perfect with 12 weeks to go until the contest. Skinfolds are saying I maybe have 8 lbs of fat to lose to be where I want to be, but Im fine with the 1-1.5 lbs per week for now even if it does say Im "ahead" of schedule becuase we all know skinfolds really dont tell all the tale.

If you have been following along last week I had a big drop one morning and I upped fats for a while. That worked as a great "brake" to the sudden losses. By friday it was evening out so I pulled them back out. By Sunday I was even for the week, so I dropped 25 carbs from my macros from this week which is obviously working well.

Even with that slight drop I do feel a bit flatter, crazy how i can feel that. BUt, I had a great training session Tuesday and looked pretty good in the gym, but still a LONG way to go.

Legs seem to be ahead of schedule for ME (this far out for others its probably laughable), still not really anything to write home about though. But, Im hoping this means they will be in better than ever.

I also added 5 more minutes to each cardio session on trainng days so its 35/35 LISS now on training days. And on off days its 35/45 (I added 15 mins on the three off days).

My goal really is to be ahead of schedule.

I would be lying if I didnt say this level of show is making me work harder than I ever have in my life and my workouts have been insane lately.

I just hope it all comes together. Ive been having that thought of "I hope I didnt bite off more than I can chew." Not diet, training or anything like that, but just the level of this show. I guess you never know until you try and Im not one to sit on the sidelines wondering "what if." But, still id be lying if I said I was 100% confident 100% of the time. But, Im finding whenever these thoughts enter my mind it makes me work that much harder.

Ss

stavios
04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't worry man, the level will absolutely NOT be too hard for you.

be confident !
when it's all said and done, you will be walking out of that show with a nice trophy :cool:

Scoobysnacks
04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't worry man, the level will absolutely NOT be too hard for you.

be confident !
when it's all said and done, you will be walking out of that show with a nice trophy :cool:

stav, thanks appreciate it.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I think you'll be more than fine. When is the show?

Scoobysnacks
04-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I think you'll be more than fine. When is the show?

thanks, its June 19-20. I have 11 more weeks to go.

Still having insane workouts, probably some of the best of my life. Some certain songs come on the ipod and its like Im in another world, the feeling is euphoric training right now.

Im doing 4 days per week and those three Im resting its so tough not to go to the gym, but I know 4 days is money for me, so.....every day I get to train Im amped.

Ss

joedanielsx
04-05-2009, 06:52 AM
i agree about the music making the training euphoric keep it up buddy

stavios
04-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you have trouble getting enough sleep when dieting man ?

I know I do, everytime I go lower than 10% bf, I can maybe sleep 5-6 hours when I sleep easily 10 hours off-season.

Scoobysnacks
04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Do you have trouble getting enough sleep when dieting man ?

I know I do, everytime I go lower than 10% bf, I can maybe sleep 5-6 hours when I sleep easily 10 hours off-season.

here is what im finding I fall asleep as usual because Im exhausted, but then I dont sleep as deep. My wife came in last night at 530 from a bachelorette party and I heard her immediately as the door opened in offseason I could have slept through that.

I actually talked this over with joe (the poster above you) and Im gonna add zma to see if I cant get a deeper sleep.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-05-2009, 10:25 AM
i agree about the music making the training euphoric keep it up buddy

thanks for stopping in joe, appreciate it, 1 more week for you then you go take that show:-)

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Things have been nuts lately, for those following along sorry for lack of updates. I had 4 new clients right after work yesterday and then I have 4 in the Mr Cincy this weekend, so its been crazy getting everything straight.

Morning weight was 154 today. Just to note my scale is 2 lbs light (all my clients tell me this) So im not yet under the class mark for lightweight (154 1/4), but obviously with more than 10 weeks no worries there.

I'm feeling pretty good about things. I mean its human nature to think you arent far along enough or arent pushing the diet hard enough. But, each morning I am looking better. Im to that point that I normally dont hit until 5 weeks or 4 where I wake up each day and can notice subtle difference almost daily. Not saying I look 4 weeks out though.

Few diet tweaks. Ive built about 6-7 diets (im listing just carb content right now). They are 150, 175, 200, 225, 245 and a 275. On off days Ive been throwing in the 150, but on that day the protein goes to 2 x LBM. So my macros are around 50/30/20 those days. On the other days I still go with 245 grams protein which for me now is about 1.7 x LBM. Recently ive been doing 200 grams carbs on training days, but on legs Im doing the 225 or 245 carbs depending on how I feel and look. If I feel like olive oil that morning I do the 245 to fill out a bit, if I feel full and good Im pulling the 225, perhaps even the 200. At this point its all on feel on a daily basis for me right now.

Even on the 150 carbs day I feel good, so I know I have room here to even hit some 100 carb days down the stretch if needed. Im talking starches I dont track greens.

Weight has been holding fairly steady, but Im not that concerned as I feel Im on track leaning out.

Cardio is 40 mins morning LISS heart rate around 100 bpm. Pwo is 35 mins. Off days is 40 mins LISS morning and 45 evening. Im gonna start adding 2-3 HIIT sessons in evening on off days too.

Time to put pedal to medal. I feel good and this saturday is 10 weeks out.
Ill get some pics up by Sunday evening.

Let me know if any questions.

Oh yeah, I found out that I can tolerate Yohimbine HCL if I just dont put the 200 mg caffeine with it right away. So Ive been rotating in some YO. That shit makes me on fire, I sweat all day and am hot as shit. You cant deny the stuff works and it works well. I then add in the caffeine from coffee when I get to work.

For some odd reason Yo is a like a laxative for me, TMI, but if anyone has constipation issues try this shit with some coffee, cleans the system right out.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Thought Id put on the ole posing trunks even though I said nope until 8 weeks out. Figured itd give me a better idea of my conditioning and it did.

Ab thigh:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1066-1.jpg

different MM, what do you guys think? I think it shows my symmetry well and thats what I got going for me, nothing on me is going to really make anyone say wow, but the symmetry might???

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1071-1.jpg

rear double bi so you can see whats going on in the backside. I know the arms are to LOW and so my back is kinda pinched, in other words dont like this shot but wanted to get all sides up...

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1070-1.jpg

Have a HAPPY EASTER!

hilly
04-12-2009, 02:03 PM
lookin very good in the pics mate and i agree with the MM look gd.

buster12
04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
look great. Your sooooo tan! lol. ( just breaking balls)

v1hyp
04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Keep it up!!

lighthvy
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
here is what im finding I fall asleep as usual because Im exhausted, but then I dont sleep as deep. My wife came in last night at 530 from a bachelorette party and I heard her immediately as the door opened in offseason I could have slept through that.

I actually talked this over with joe (the poster above you) and Im gonna add zma to see if I cant get a deeper sleep.

Ss

Try the Somalyze... has melatonin and gaba in it, so youll sleep like a champ, maybe burn off a little fat too.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Thought Id put on the ole posing trunks even though I said nope until 8 weeks out. Figured itd give me a better idea of my conditioning and it did.

Ab thigh:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1066-1.jpg

different MM, what do you guys think? I think it shows my symmetry well and thats what I got going for me, nothing on me is going to really make anyone say wow, but the symmetry might???

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1071-1.jpg

rear double bi so you can see whats going on in the backside. I know the arms are to LOW and so my back is kinda pinched, in other words dont like this shot but wanted to get all sides up...

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1070-1.jpg

Have a HAPPY EASTER!

Mr Snacks, you're looking good! Lean for this point out, hard looking. I am concerned about your torso mass- chest and back. Your other bodyparts look way ahead. Any shock treatments you can do to bring them up some?

Scoobysnacks
04-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Mr Snacks, you're looking good! Lean for this point out, hard looking. I am concerned about your torso mass- chest and back. Your other bodyparts look way ahead. Any shock treatments you can do to bring them up some?

Chest always been an issue, back will actually look better and better as I lean down, you will see that, plus Im not expanded here in these pics. I think my back will be okay, my chest is what it is, it does look better the leaner I get, but its always been my problem. Calories arent horribly low, but Im not really in growing mode either. I thought about trying some FST-7 for the chest even now while dieting, but dont know if its wise to be honest seems like it could be overtraining.

Really all I can do at this point is get SHREDDED, beat my competition on a) conditioning and b) symmetry.

Scoobysnacks
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Morning weight was 152.2 today on my scale (true 154.2). It was a good week definite changes now. Ab skinfold was pinching a 6 mid day quad a 6.5. Definite changes coming now with 9 weeks to go. Im sitting pretty good I think. The weird thing is my weight has stayed fairly constant, this 152.2 was 1 lb down from last week.

Macros look like this:

non training days, shoulder day and chest/tri day 245P/150C/40F
Back day: 200 carb all others the same
Leg day: 225 carbs all others the same

Cardio:
45 mins LISS each morning
30 mins PWO/off days another 45 mins LISS session
Have done a few sessions of HIIT but pulled back on it this week

Ive been sick as a dog since getting back from Dallas, I think I have the "Dallas Dirt" or something. Im sure I picked it up on the plane ride. Its like a sinus infection, allergies and a severe sore throat all in one. I havent been sleeping well and its making general daily life a drag right now. Wifes sis is a doc and says there is a pretty good virus going around that can last up to 10 days, sweet. Talk about hindering the training. Im getting it in, but when your head is pounding its hard to really get into it.

Other than that still going strong, no real cravings, hunger not bad and just plugging along.

slackadjuster
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Morning weight was 152.2 today on my scale (true 154.2). It was a good week definite changes now. Ab skinfold was pinching a 6 mid day quad a 6.5. Definite changes coming now with 9 weeks to go. Im sitting pretty good I think. The weird thing is my weight has stayed fairly constant, this 152.2 was 1 lb down from last week.

Macros look like this:

non training days, shoulder day and chest/tri day 245P/150C/40F
Back day: 200 carb all others the same
Leg day: 225 carbs all others the same

Cardio:
45 mins LISS each morning
30 mins PWO/off days another 45 mins LISS session
Have done a few sessions of HIIT but pulled back on it this week

Ive been sick as a dog since getting back from Dallas, I think I have the "Dallas Dirt" or something. Im sure I picked it up on the plane ride. Its like a sinus infection, allergies and a severe sore throat all in one. I havent been sleeping well and its making general daily life a drag right now. Wifes sis is a doc and says there is a pretty good virus going around that can last up to 10 days, sweet. Talk about hindering the training. Im getting it in, but when your head is pounding its hard to really get into it.

Other than that still going strong, no real cravings, hunger not bad and just plugging along.Take a "snot rag" to the gym with you.

Scoobysnacks
04-24-2009, 07:51 PM
151 this morning, down about 1 lbs over the last week or so. Changes are coming daily though. Im lean to the point I dont need as much sleep anymore. I dont know about you guys but my body becomes more and more efficient the less bodyfat I have. I can run on 3 hrs and feel like a million bucks. Last night I tossed and turned until 3 finally fell asleep woke up at around 6. Felt fine all day.

Started yohimbine HCL yesterday, this shit works, period. You can just feel yourself warm as shit all day. I switched to kilosports brand and it doesnt make me feel like shit like the others. But, Im also not stacking it with caffeine right away either. Ive found if I just take 7.5 mg in the morning before cardio with no caffeine I feel fine. Soon as I add 200mg no doz i feel like crap. I then take 7.5 more before my next cardio session.

Will get some pics up tomorrow or sunday, 8 weeks out tomorrow and definitely on track to be my best ever.

Ss

hilly
04-25-2009, 01:36 AM
glad things are on track and going well i look forward to seeing the pics.

Scoobysnacks
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
its late and Im beat, here are a few shots from today, 8 weeks out, Im happy where Im sitting at this point, morning weight was 153....Did train with some other peeps today, which was nice for motivation, most were guessing 165+ for weight, that made me feel good but its all illusion anyways...but Ill take it:-)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/mm-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/sidechest-3.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/abthigh-3.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/frontbi.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/frontrelaxed.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/rearbi.jpg

stavios
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Wow

hilly
04-27-2009, 04:47 AM
unbelievably lean for 8 weeks out.

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks fellas each week Im making slight adjustments to diet and cardio to bring her on in. My glutes and hamis are starting to finally lean out, they are always last, but its nice to be 2 mos out and be able to for the most part attack them now. Upper will be leaner, but its at this point I can start to see the hamis and glutes get tighter each week same with quads.

I feel good about where Im at for 8 weeks.

Thanks for your comments.

Ss

GirlyMuscle
04-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Scoob, how tall are you?

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Scoob, how tall are you?

why do I look tall? LOL! women always want to know how tall ya are, man a guy cant get a break.

Just kidding with ya.

Im short, 5'6" on a good day and heels;)

Bigbench1
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Looking WELL above pace for 8 weeks bro. You can nail it easy at this rate. Most people I compete with are at that level at 4 weeks out. Hell, I have seen people hit the stage in your condition. Very nice progress bro. Keep at it

HeavyDutyGuy
04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Looking tight! Your waist is tiny! Nice abs. I think you'll do good, that you're going to outcondition guys in your class. Keep it up!

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Looking tight! Your waist is tiny! Nice abs. I think you'll do good, that you're going to outcondition guys in your class. Keep it up!

I started 20 weeks out and that has been my gameplan all along kill em on conditioning because I know there will be guys in my class bigger. Control what I can control.

gymrat9929
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Great job brotha. Im amazed at your conditioning this far out. Im trying to get there. I hope it all comes together for me these last 5 weeks before my first show. I really want to go into jr's with some momentum and confidence.

Your looking spot on to me. Other than adding some color to your "casper-esque" skin I dont have any suggestions on what you can work on. Keep plugging my man!

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Great job brotha. Im amazed at your conditioning this far out. Im trying to get there. I hope it all comes together for me these last 5 weeks before my first show. I really want to go into jr's with some momentum and confidence.

Your looking spot on to me. Other than adding some color to your "casper-esque" skin I dont have any suggestions on what you can work on. Keep plugging my man!

Thanks brotha, I tan once per week, and thats about all Ill do until about 4 weeks out and then if schedule permits Ill go 2-3 x. Im getting sprayed by Marilyn at www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com) makes it so much easier. She is a friend and does great work. She will be there if you actually need someone to spray you. She does the oil and touch-ups to, the service is really top notch.

We are our own worst critics most of the time, and its good to get an opinion of someone doing the same show. Thanks

Ss

Lenny
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Great changes from week 10 to 8. It is all coming along great...plenty of time to bring your best! Great job!

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
lenny, thanks man, yep at 10 weeks I made some adjustments and have been pushing since then. Its been a long diet and Im taking things slowly.

Thanks for stopping in.

Ss

johngorman
04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
scoobydoo, you still having blueberries with your pancakes for breakfast, or have you gotten rid of the fruit this close?

looking sick for 8 weeks out, of course. keep bustin that ass brother. i am excited for ya!

Scoobysnacks
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
scoobydoo, you still having blueberries with your pancakes for breakfast, or have you gotten rid of the fruit this close?

looking sick for 8 weeks out, of course. keep bustin that ass brother. i am excited for ya!

blueberries still in but only 15 grams (weight) worth its maybe 10 blueberries. I dotn make pancake anymore as I dont want any artificial syrups, even though they say no sugar they are damn sweet and it cant be good day in day out, my opinion.

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 05:12 PM
why do I look tall? LOL! women always want to know how tall ya are, man a guy cant get a break.

Just kidding with ya.

Im short, 5'6" on a good day and heels;)Doesn't matter to me. I'm only 5'2" so I can date an height! Even Lee Priest if he wasn't such an...nevermind...

I asked cause you're so darned cute!

Scoobysnacks
04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Doesn't matter to me. I'm only 5'2" so I can date an height! Even Lee Priest if he wasn't such an...nevermind...

I asked cause you're so darned cute!

well thank you very much.

Ss

Steve56
04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Scooby looking great brother, keep it going! That front double bicep shot looks sick!

Scoobysnacks
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Scooby looking great brother, keep it going! That front double bicep shot looks sick!

Thanks steve, Im plugging along. I appreciate the kind words about the front bi.

You competing soon?

Scoobysnacks
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Since this is my thread Im gonna update the exciting things going on at Natty Nutrition (this is your que to skip this if you are just looking for contest prep updates and information).

Joe Daniels won the Mr. Cincinnati Overall in April after placing first in his class at the Northern KY. He is going to Jr Nationals with me. So look for us both in Chicago. I expect big things from Joe in the coming years. I posted a link earlier to Joes article at Physique World (I think it was). if anyone is reading this in the Cincinnati Tri State area and is looking for a great independent personal trainer I can put you in touch with Joe.

Natty client Rebekah Day was given a spot in Oxygen magazine. I have been working with Rebekah for about a year now and she won her pro card under Natty's guidance. She is currently preparing for a June 13th. Read more here if you like:

http://nattynutrition.com/News/Entries/2009/4/28_Oxygen_Magazine_features_Natty_Client,.html (http://nattynutrition.com/News/Entries/2009/4/28_Oxygen_Magazine_features_Natty_Client,.html)

Leslie Draper who has been a part of Team Natty for a year as well was named body building . coms Amateur of the week. She is currently preparing for an NPC show on June 13th.
http://nattynutrition.com/Testimonials/Entries/2009/4/29_Leslie_Draper.html (http://nattynutrition.com/Testimonials/Entries/2009/4/29_Leslie_Draper.html)

Natty is now carrying Walden Farms products, which are a dieters friend. So if you are on our site and need some products please check that out.

Natty will also be carrying Yohimbine HCL, Ive had numerous questions about where to get it, etc., and I believe in its fat burning properties so much (not to mention the libido benefits) that Ive decided to offer it at our site. That will be happening soon.

I am now a certified Wellness and Nutrition Consultant with the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA). My wife, Stephaney, is working on hers now.

Speaking of Stephaney, due to our success, she will be working only part time now and working for Natty the other part of the time to expedite the ordering process and grow the business from the back end. She also does consults with the general public (non contest) looking to get into shape. She also realizes she loves the fitness lifestyle and helping others that she is going to be getting her personal training certification.

Last but not least, we will be introducing Slin Trol v 2.0. Still contains chrom polynicotinate and vanadyl sulfate in the same effective dosing, but it also adds some extra insulinogenic co-factors to the product. Though the price has risen a bit, we have been instructed that we dont need to charge sales tax to out of state residents over the internet so the end price should not be much different, and its a very effective product. More to come on that.

I usually dont make these type of posts but its been an exciting year and wanted to share some of this.

Thanks

Jason

Steve56
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks steve, Im plugging along. I appreciate the kind words about the front bi.

You competing soon?

Im going to be doing the spring shows next year..Diet starts in December so I still have a couple of months to grow!!

Scoobysnacks
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Lowest morning weight this week was 149.8 after a 130 carb day. Seeing that, I knew it was to fast, so Ive been back on 225 for the past few days filled back out a bit, and hovering this morning around 151.5. This is the time in prep where I think I can really make a push and still get off fat without dropping my weight to drastically. Ill be depleting my body on 100-130 carb days on off days sometimes just once or maybe even back to back days, then I go back to the 225-250 depending on how I look. Ive been tightening up and this morning I was content with where my legs are for 6 weeks out. Was starting to see veins running down inner thighs and that skin is getting much thinner, cuts in quads are getting deeper by the day.

Glutes are showing hints of cuts, hamis still need to come down, but they are moving.

My supp program has gotten intense, here it is.

Pre cardio: 5 grams glutamine, 10mg yohimbine HCL, 200 mg caffeine, 500 mg ALCAR, 2 days yoh 2 days ECA. back and forth.
post cardio: 2 scoops Beverly Glutamine Select

Meal 1: 1 Slin trol, 2 multi vits, 1 ALA, 1 ALCAR, two Beverly liver tabs, 1 DIM tablet (indols from cruciferous veggies supposed to clear estrogens from body), 1 fishoil and 1 CLA, 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

Meal 2: 1 slin trol, 2 livers, 1 ala, 1 alcar, 1 DIM, 1 fishoil and 1 CLA, 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

Meal 3: 3 Beverly Lean out, 1 ala, 1 alcar, 1 DIM, 1 fishoil and 1 CLA, 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

Meal 4: 5 grams glutamine, 3 Lean OUt, 1 ala, 1 alcar, 1 DIM, 1 fishoil and 1 CLA, 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

Pre workout:
2 scoops Bev Glut Select and 2 scoops Beverly Uplift before training, 1 Alcar, 8 Beverly Density (EAA), 8 Beverly Muscle Synergy (HMB, creatine, arginine, citruline etc.), 6 Bev GH Factor.

after lifting but before cardio, 7.5 mg Yohimbine, must be taken at times of low insulin, so i take morning and post workout.

Post workout supps: 8 synergy, 2 scoops Glutamine Select

Meal 5: 1 ala, 1 slin trol, 2 Beverly livers, 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

2 more scoops Glutamine Select 1 hr post meal

Meal 6: 1 slin trol, 1 ala, 2 cla, 2 Bev Density (EAAs), 2 Bev Density (EAAs)

Also just started back on Restore by ALRI for estrogen control to bring in the legs and glutes.

This program is designed for maximum muscle retention, insulin control and estrogen control. I refuse to go zero carb and go flat and come in stringy. I must be able to utilize carbs but also get ripped, this program is designed for that.

Id be lying if I didnt say Im training to win. I get a lot of time to reflect while doing my cardio and I can envision winning. I wont let myself go there to much, but if you can see it, you can accomplish it.

I have NO cravings right now. Im in robot mode. I simply shut off my emotions and really feel very little. This is the time during prep that I think it starts to get a little harder on my wife. The first 8-12 weeks I build towards this, but by this time, everything is plotted and planned and Im cold and calculating. I just have to get through these 6 weeks without her killing me, lol. This is how it works best for me though....

Food is merely the fuel to get shredded, there will be plenty of time to eat pizza. Honestly it doesnt even sound good, my day to day food is what I crave and what I need.

Everything is feeling on point, Im still looking forward to training and I have good energy considering its contest prep. I have plenty of time to push if needed, but Im hardening up weekly so Im in a good spot.

Im training with two board members this weekend, joedanielsnasm (recently won overall at Mr Cincy and is going to be competing as a welter at jrs) and Lighthvy another member here who took third in the Ohio States last year. It should be a GREAT training session.

Ill get pics up from that training session this weekend.

Ss

hilly
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
mate your determination and planning is outstanding i wish you the best of look.

I am also trying to be as dedicated as possible with my nutrition and supplementation now i have finished my cut to help keep bf down while adding as much lean body mass as possible. i will be trying to take a leaf out of your book.

good luck

johngorman
05-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Id be lying if I didnt say Im training to win. I get a lot of time to reflect while doing my cardio and I can envision winning. I wont let myself go there to much, but if you can see it, you can accomplish it.

Man, it's so cool to see how you have grown both in size, and as a person since I started following your progress in the winter of 2008. You are up there with people who have helped others through your journal, or just the numerous times you have went out of your way to offer help. I will say it for the rest of us prepping- thanks for giving us something like this to read and help get us through prep, but also for answering tons and tons of questions both here, by email, and PM!

I have NO cravings right now. Im in robot mode. I simply shut off my emotions and really feel very little. This is the time during prep that I think it starts to get a little harder on my wife. The first 8-12 weeks I build towards this, but by this time, everything is plotted and planned and Im cold and calculating. I just have to get through these 6 weeks without her killing me, lol. This is how it works best for me though....

I am here with ya, though I am 3 weeks out. My damn sex drive is zilch, and I am not grouchy or anything, just seem to be in that zone where I dont want to be bothered with petty shit. lol! G-friend is about to kick my ass out! ha!

Food is merely the fuel to get shredded, there will be plenty of time to eat pizza. Honestly it doesnt even sound good, my day to day food is what I crave and what I need.

I hope newbies will read this above and tattoo it in their brains! There is NO REASON anyone should hate dieting for a contest if the diet involves food you like! I think it's the people that have your mentality about food and it's purpose in a prep that do very well consistently. Good stuff.

Ill get pics up from that training session this weekend.

Since your pinch totals are so damn low this far out, do you have a gameplan for when you hit your desired bodyfat, or where you feel you should be, even if you still have weeks to go? in other words, you going to try eating a little more, or just cruising? guess that's something not a lot of people have knowledge or experience doing, esp. since most are trying to still get some fat off by the last week!

Ss

^^^^^^^^^^

Scoobysnacks
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
John thanks brother for the great response.

As for your last point, IF, Im ready early I will up fats first, this will keep the carbs I do eat loaded in the muscle better and get more calories in me. I may up carbs slightly. But, yes IF im early Ill eat more no worries there. I have a client that is 5.93% and 6 weeks out from Jrs, we are upping his food very slowly as we go. Put fats up to 20% and tonight I think we are either gonna up fats to 25% or up his carbs another 25 and slowly go from there, as long as he gets harder and harder we will keep feeding him. Ill be no different, but right now im focused on the hamis and glutes and getting those bastards in, so I suspect I wont really be early in that department, the upper body will be ealry though, but will need to continue to push. This is just how I see it.

Ss

NattyGirl
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
This is the time during prep that I think it starts to get a little harder on my wife. The first 8-12 weeks I build towards this, but by this time, everything is plotted and planned and Im cold and calculating. I just have to get through these 6 weeks without her killing me, lol.

Ss

So you'll admit this to the boards, but deny it to the hilt at home... awesome :p. I just may have to print this out and tape it to our fridge! All I can say is THANK GOD you'll be done prepping when I'm in my final few weeks... otherwise we really might end up with scratcbes and bruises;)

Honestly though - everyone should know that every word he says up here is true. J is hands down the most dedicated and determined person I've ever met (one thing that attracted me of course - even though it REALLY gets on my nerves at times!) When he is in prep mode he's truly like a machine - as his wife it's annoying yet inspirational!

HeavyDutyGuy
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow Scooby, you have a hot wife! Be nice to this one! I do know what you mean, I'm 10 weeks out, and really shut down all peripheral stuff. Just not my wife or dog, lol.

Scoobysnacks
05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow Scooby, you have a hot wife! Be nice to this one! I do know what you mean, I'm 10 weeks out, and really shut down all peripheral stuff. Just not my wife or dog, lol.

yes she is, and yes I need to keep it in check the final 6 weeks here....

Scoobysnacks
05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I feel good about where Im sitting, this morning 150 on my scale, thats probably 152 on an accurate scale. I still think I can make bantam, but maybe Im being dillusional. 6 weeks is a long time to go and Im bringing it in each week with cardio or diet cuts or both.

side chest:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/sidechest-4-1.jpg

rear lat:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/rearlat-1.jpg

rear dub bi:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/reardubbi-1.jpg

front relaxed (with flash kinda drowned out a bit, but you get the idea)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/frontrelaxed-1-1.jpg

Front bi:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/frontbi-1-1.jpg

Koubs
05-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Lookin great man, wow!! I'll probably be going to the show to watch, it's really not far from where I live... I'll definitely introduce myself.. Good luck bro!

Scoobysnacks
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Lookin great man, wow!! I'll probably be going to the show to watch, it's really not far from where I live... I'll definitely introduce myself.. Good luck bro!

Koubs thanks so much, definitely introduce yourself to me.

Thanks

J

Lenny
05-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Scooby, looking great bro...keep it up! Thanks for guiding me to this page and checking out your posing. I will use it as a reference. Bro, stick it out hard as I know you will. Good luck!

Scoobysnacks
05-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Scooby, looking great bro...keep it up! Thanks for guiding me to this page and checking out your posing. I will use it as a reference. Bro, stick it out hard as I know you will. Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by! If you nail those rear shots you are gonna make yourself that much better, think X.

Ss

hulk7280
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM

look at how he is placing his legs in all his shots..

HeavyDutyGuy
05-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Looking terrific from the front. Backs much imroved too. Just get those hamstrings and calves to pop, and you'll do great!

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Well Im happy where I sit. I have a full belly had some pancakes and syryp this moring and just killed a big bowl of froot loops Ill eat like this all day. Im on fire, sweating here typing. Posed a bit after the first meal, here they are. The changes are coming quick now. Why? because I kept the food and carbs high all the way long, got as much fat off I could at the highest amount of calories.

This past week of going to a more keto diet with the bulk of my carbs all on one day (today will be about 1200) is proving very fruitful.

I was 149 this morning on the dot. I dont see bantams because my scale is light so that 151. Getting harder though with each passing week....

side chest shaping up to be a good pose for me:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1235-1.jpg

ab thigh, always been a decent one:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1234-1.jpg

most muscular the leaner I get the more and more I like this one:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1236-1.jpg

front lat spread:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1240-1.jpg

front bi:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1241-1.jpg

I think my back has improved especially middle back, still work in progress but:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1239-1.jpg

There they are, I have 4 weeks to dial this in. Im sitting good and pushing to the limits. I know in the end it will be my best package to date AND THATS ALL YOU CAN ASK FOR in this sport.

I did 1 hr cardio this morning and Im resting all day and eating. Tomorrow Ill be back to the keto diet for all week. I expect another big week.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
can only post 6 pics at a time, so here is the other:

Im still working on this pose, especially to get that curve out of back, I could feel it when posing and did back yesterday I need to hit the left lat, Ill get rid of the curve but Im happy with the thicker appearance and density that is shaping up in it:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1242-1.jpg

hilly
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
looking very good mate your hard work and careful preperate is really shining thru now great stuff

gymrat9929
05-23-2009, 06:10 PM
damn J!

super impressed with your physique and the DETAIL!!! I dont know why but i cant get that kind of dry look until the day of the show. I feel like im holding a ton of water in my entire body. maybe its the lack of carbs ... or lack of fats.

I truly think you will be top 5 at Jr's and maybe even better. it all depends on who shows up. all i can say is that you look terrific and i want to thank you for all of your advice and inspiration through this process.

i get so emotional as i start my depletion workouts ... sappy.

johngorman
05-23-2009, 06:19 PM
damn J!

super impressed with your physique and the DETAIL!!! I dont know why but i cant get that kind of dry look until the day of the show. I feel like im holding a ton of water in my entire body. maybe its the lack of carbs ... or lack of fats.

I truly think you will be top 5 at Jr's and maybe even better. it all depends on who shows up. all i can say is that you look terrific and i want to thank you for all of your advice and inspiration through this process.

ha! i hear ya! i just finished my leg depletion workout and am on the laptop doing cardio for a hour right now bro! Mayhem here we come!!!!

J, you know how i feel bro. keep bringing that shit brother! torches blazin!

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
damn J!

Thanks James...we've helped each other along the way by posting pics, chatting and whatnot, it all helps.

There will be some phenomenal physiques at Jrs so I make no predictions Im just pushing it to the limits right now. I saved all this for the final 5 weeks, I pushed real hard last week and 4 more to do so. Bring in the last bit of detail in the lower body to match the top and show up and do this. Im getting excited.

I was drier when I woke up this was after 1 hr cardio and my pancakes, so about 1/2 gallon water....I always wake up really dry but flat as shit right now with the keto approach.....

Good luck at the Mayhem.

J

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
ha! i hear ya! i just finished my leg depletion workout and am on the laptop doing cardio for a hour right now bro! Mayhem here we come!!!!

J, you know how i feel bro. keep bringing that shit brother! torches blazin!

Im on it and I appreciate the support.

J

SBT
05-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Do you monitor your water at all on your refeed days or just drink your usual amount?

Looking good!! BEST of luck at Jrs!! :)

Scoobysnacks
05-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Do you monitor your water at all on your refeed days or just drink your usual amount?

Looking good!! BEST of luck at Jrs!! :)

drink it when i want it, but no other monitoring...I dont spill that bad im about 900 carbs in tonight and still have deep deep ab cuts....it would probably take 2000 carbs to truly spill hard.

Ss

mattyb
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
drink it when i want it, but no other monitoring...I dont spill that bad im about 900 carbs in tonight and still have deep deep ab cuts....it would probably take 2000 carbs to truly spill hard.

Ss

What type of carbs are you taking in on your refeed days?

Scoobysnacks
05-24-2009, 03:53 PM
What type of carbs are you taking in on your refeed days?

high glycemic not so "clean" carbs....pancakes maple, white pasta and sauce, bagels, low fat crumb cakes, froot loops. I took in around 900 yesterday and was only up 2 lbs total. I supect to hit another new low this week. I was on fire at the gym sweating insanely doing my cardio work after training legs.

Ss

hilly
05-25-2009, 05:49 AM
looks like everything is running well mate cnt wait to see contest pics.

Out of interest you seem to stay pretty lean year round from what i gather how does your diet differ off season to pre contest cals/protein/carbs and fat wise and also do you do cardio year round?

Just curiouse as i want to stay as lean as possible this year while adding mass so im doing as much research as possible.

hilly

Scoobysnacks
05-25-2009, 10:31 AM
looks like everything is running well mate cnt wait to see contest pics.

Out of interest you seem to stay pretty lean year round from what i gather how does your diet differ off season to pre contest cals/protein/carbs and fat wise and also do you do cardio year round?

Just curiouse as i want to stay as lean as possible this year while adding mass so im doing as much research as possible.

hilly

I like my carbs in offseason the diet I found that worked the best was around 1.5 x protein for my LBM. Carbs around 300 grams on training days and fats about 80 grams from almond butter and peanut butter along with some heavy whipping cream in shakes for saturated fats.

I practice the 90/10 rule. There are 42 feedings on my schedule per week. I try to hit 90% of those with my planned meals, the other 4 can be whatever the hell I want.

Contest time i diet slowly. Dropping carbs very slow. My goal is to get as much of the easy fat off with as high a calorie intake as possible. Then my metabolism should be healthy and around 6 weeks out I get really aggressive and push my body to its limits to get all the stubborn fat off.

Currently Im keto with LARGE refeeds on 1 weekend day. Its working great.

Ss

davidyes
05-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Scooby,
What's an example of your large refeed?

Scoobysnacks
05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Scooby,
What's an example of your large refeed?

1000 carbs give or take; white pasta, bagels, pancakes with maple, low fat crumb cakes, froot loops etc. I set up 6 meals of that kind of stuff that are around 100 carbs, and I eat the meal then eat again by hunger only. Not just to be a pig. I got 9 or 10 of those in Saturday. Protein around 200 grams, carbs are protein sparing so dont need as much that day. 1 Slin trol with 8 of the meals.....ala and Beverly Lean Out with the others couple. Glutamine as well...

This is not something to be doing unless you are severly depleted and dieting on low carb, had I done this when i was eating 225 per day it would NOT have benefitted me much in my opinion.

I just eat by feel and hunger not to be ill.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
New morning low today, 147.4, so 149.4 on any other scale, so just under the 150 mark. My goal for the week is 147 on the dot on my home scale. So today Im eating only 6 meals and if I hit the 147 tomorrow Ill hold it by putting in 7 meals for the rest of the week until I refeed. As i said I want 1 lb per week until show. That would be 144 my scale 146 show scale and thats very depleted, figure I can hit the stage at 148 or so.....this is the gameplan.

For my warm up show Im changing very little. Ill just make sure legs are last on Sunday of that week going in. Im gonna train up to Thurs, have friday and sat be off days, but friday Ill even do my morning 1 hr cardio. This weekend Im gonna test my refeed without water. Why? Well I wake up really dry 1 week after doing all keto. I figure if I can get up dry at the show but depleted and load all day, then Ill be changing NOTHING in order to do this warm up show. Ill count the meals this Sat and see IF I water over, in theory I shouldnt without adding water.

My guess is Ill get EXTREMELY dry and stay somewhat flat from lack of water. Ill then begin to test what adding 10 oz at a time does to my look by pumping with some bands and posing that day.
Ss

HeavyDutyGuy
05-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Well Im happy where I sit. I have a full belly had some pancakes and syryp this moring and just killed a big bowl of froot loops Ill eat like this all day. Im on fire, sweating here typing. Posed a bit after the first meal, here they are. The changes are coming quick now. Why? because I kept the food and carbs high all the way long, got as much fat off I could at the highest amount of calories.

This past week of going to a more keto diet with the bulk of my carbs all on one day (today will be about 1200) is proving very fruitful.

I was 149 this morning on the dot. I dont see bantams because my scale is light so that 151. Getting harder though with each passing week....

side chest shaping up to be a good pose for me:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1235-1.jpg

ab thigh, always been a decent one:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1234-1.jpg

most muscular the leaner I get the more and more I like this one:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1236-1.jpg

front lat spread:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1240-1.jpg

front bi:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1241-1.jpg

I think my back has improved especially middle back, still work in progress but:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1239-1.jpg

There they are, I have 4 weeks to dial this in. Im sitting good and pushing to the limits. I know in the end it will be my best package to date AND THATS ALL YOU CAN ASK FOR in this sport.

I did 1 hr cardio this morning and Im resting all day and eating. Tomorrow Ill be back to the keto diet for all week. I expect another big week.

Ss

Looking Sharper! I especially like the front poses

v1hyp
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Looking good!

Scoobysnacks
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
thanks Heavy and V1...

So this morning I was down 1.2 lbs total for the week, the goal was 1 lb, this is great timing though as I refeed tomorrow. Im spent, but everything is working to a T.

My plan for the day since I was a bit lower and feeling a bit overtrained at this point is to add a meal to the keto diet above, shake and almond meal, for 7 total meals for the day putting me at just shy of 2,000 cals. I only did 30 mins morning LISS (down from 1 hr) and will do 30 mins evening LISS.

Tomorrow is refeed if my weight holds steady Ill do my normal 1 hr morning LISS (if it drops more I wont even bother) then sit around and refeed all day long. My body really needs it.

Now is the time to SMARTLY push.....you gotta read the signs of overtraining and going to flat. Thats what Im trying to do with todays actions....

The extra fats today are making me much fuller. Id say its about how i feel when Im dieting on around 200 carbs or so, still flat but not like you would think on a keto plan....

Ill keep you posted...

Scoobysnacks
06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Taken at 10 pm tonight, a good bit more watery than I am in morning, but you get the picture, Im getting ready to rock...

rear dub bi, I realize my hamstring relaxed it was cramping they are so sore they need a rest from the cardio and training, Im easing off so I can flex the damn things this weekend....

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1254-1.jpg

Rear lat spread, got the hamis to flex a bit better here:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1258-1.jpg

I feel good about where Im at. If you compate these to my last set that werent quite two weeks ago I in another 2 weeks I should be ready to rock......

Ss

th_vai
06-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Taken at 10 pm tonight, a good bit more watery than I am in morning, but you get the picture, Im getting ready to rock...

rear dub bi, I realize my hamstring relaxed it was cramping they are so sore they need a rest from the cardio and training, Im easing off so I can flex the damn things this weekend....

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1254-1.jpg

Rear lat spread, got the hamis to flex a bit better here:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1258-1.jpg

I feel good about where Im at. If you compate these to my last set that werent quite two weeks ago I in another 2 weeks I should be ready to rock......

Ss
Looking great Scooby wishing you the best in the JR nats!:beerbang:

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I took first in the lightweights, and was told by a good number of the audience my detail in the overall wasnt matched, but I just gave up to much size; the response was VERY nice to hear at the show. You put all this time and effort in and to hear some very knowledgeable people in the sport tell you, your conditioning was on and you looked great really helps. Everyone at that show was awesome.

i met some really cool people. IFBB pro Isabelle Turell is a very nice gal and was really encouraging. To have someone of that caliber encourage you is very nice. The head of NPC Indiana Ed Sanders shows he cares about the sport and the promoter Dave Cravens put on a great show.

I also hung out with board member Big Dave Smith who is a cool guy. It was fun hanging with you Dave. See you at Jrs.

I had a blast and now its time to put the head down and push it for 9 more days. That was my last "junk" refeed day, Ill be trainng into the final week Weds, where Ill start my peaking process.

I weighed in at 148 dry but FLAT city, byt the time the night was over I was at 153 and I never really truly filled out even after 800 carbs and abou 25 oz water, but I did get fuller for teh night show. BUt, that should be a non issue for Jrs as ill load Weds....and taper on in....

Ill get pics up later. I have a busy day, already hit my 1 hr LISS, gotta train and have clients to meet with tonight, so Ill post them either later this evening or monday.

gymrat9929
06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
CONGRATS MY BROTHA!:bowdown:

hilly
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
well done mate great result

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2009, 04:18 PM
CONGRATS MY BROTHA!:bowdown:

Thanks man appreciate, not long now.

well done mate great result

Thanks for stopping in, appreciate it.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
After prejudging, had already removed trunks this was an impromptu shot:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1277-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1278-1.jpg

getting the first place trophy at night

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1287-1.jpg

overall shot of bantam, me, welter and middle

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1291-1.jpg

overall, bantam, me, welter, middle and part of the lightheavy (eventual overall winner):

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1292-1.jpg

bantam, me, welter, middle, lightheavy, and heavy, super cut out in this shot:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1293-1.jpg

I think I can only post 6 so Ill continue in another thread.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1296-1-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1294-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1304-1.jpg

super out of place but here is the full lineup

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1288-1.jpg

HeavyDutyGuy
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Your abs were abtastic! I agree with your assessment down the line. Nice job, my friend! Go get em at the JR's.

becks
06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Congrats Scoobs!

You definitely brought the package you wanted and worked hard to bring it, you deserved nothing less than 1st.

Scoobysnacks
06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks fellas for dropping by.

I made my final diet adjustments, dropped fats some and upped cardio some. Nothing drastic just minor tweaks and added 7 keto to my fat burning stack to keep thyroid rolling. Should be all I need to get that final lb of fat off that I want. 9 days till loading up and resting for Juniors. Im running on pure adrenaline and lovint it. :D

Scoobysnacks
06-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I made my final diet adjustments for this 9 day push.

I dropped fats to 70 grams from around 82-85. Ive added 10 mins cardio and added in some 7 keto DHEA to upregulate the thyroid. I obviously did my large refeed on show day like clockwork and now Im burning again. I am schedule for Sat, but Ill skip it and start my load on Weds.

Depending on conditioning and how I feel, I may on friday as the last meal of the day have 100 grams carbs from pasta and red sauce. Thinking is that I may need that to get the T4 converted after pushing hard for these next 6 days since last refeed and I dont want to flatten so horribly thats its impossible even with loading to get it back.

I know my abs very well know and its obvious when Im flat or not. So Ill watch this and other signs. If I feel good and think Im continuing to drop Ill leave it alone, but if i feel stagnated and flat as shit and drained I may have it. Then after it Ill train straight Sat-Tues into the load on Weds. 100 grams wont hurt me in the bit and will propel me through those 4 straight days of training and depletion and may even help me get a bit tighter in the process.

We will see how it shakes out.

Im running on pure adrenaline at this point and feel good. Ill give some more details about my peak week soon.

Gotta run.

Ss

Bestia
06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Holy shit! That looks like Big George Ausmus and Jim Swanson in the lineup (super out of place picture). George would have been the lightheavy and Swanny would have been the super.

The cool thing is they are monsters and you don't look out of place at all. Quite honestly, you look like a middleweight! Good job bro!

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Holy shit! That looks like Big George Ausmus and Jim Swanson in the lineup (super out of place picture). George would have been the lightheavy and Swanny would have been the super.

The cool thing is they are monsters and you don't look out of place at all. Quite honestly, you look like a middleweight! Good job bro!

You are right that is George, he is on his way to Jr Nats too and he won the overall at this show. Seemed like a really cool guy. I didnt get to chat with him, but from his actions and demeanor seemed like a deserving humble guy.

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
11:30 tonight, no pump, after 2 gallons and all meals, I wake up much drier, but you get the point.....this is about the only time I have time these days (ie when I should be sleeping).

I feel my back and really everything has improved from this angle.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1328-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1327-1.jpg

standard side tri, havent posted one of these yet:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1326-1.jpg

and ab thigh

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1322-1.jpg

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Sat-Tues: Train straight 4 days.

2 gallons spring Sat and Sun
2 gallons distilled Mon and Tues with Multi Minerals

Pull sea salt on Monday morning.

Potentially further deplete Monday and Tues by using only oils and lean meats (no shakes) this would take carbs to virtually zero other than what is in the eggs and the one helping of veggies. This is TBD. Im thinking Im so flat as it is I wont need to do this and doing so would be counterproductive but Ill play this by ear.

Weds: 1000 carbs from white potato, sweet and rice cakes. 1 gallon
Thurs: 650 carbs from same sources, 1/2 gallon water
Fri: 400 carbs from rice cakes and 130 grams fats from pb and OUtback meal that has white potato and cheesecake. 1/4 gallon
Sat: should wake up dry and pretty darn loaded.
75 grams worth of pancakes dry with real butter
then another 75 grams carbs of pancakes with real butter
Then 2-3 rice cakes with 1 tbsp of pb up until stage time every hour or when hungry.
IMPORTANT: at pump up add back water to fill out. Ill start assessing around 25 mins before taking stage and add what I need to look full but maintain a dry appearance. This is what puts the finishing touches on the fullness while still able to have that window at prejudging to be SUPER dried out.

Im not here to debate this protocol, Im sharing for information. If you have a Q Ill answer in general, but this is what works for me and many people Ive used it on.....

Ss

Sunshine
06-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Congratulations on your achievements thus far and good luck! I know you've posted but I cannot find your calculations for carb grams for your load?
Thanks!

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Congratulations on your achievements thus far and good luck! I know you've posted but I cannot find your calculations for carb grams for your load?
Thanks!

16 x LBM/2.2
11 x LBM/2.2
6 x LBM/2.2

HeavyDutyGuy
06-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Looking great! Fuller and shredded. Nice job!

Scoobysnacks
06-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Looking great! Fuller and shredded. Nice job!

Appreciate it HDG, not long now.....now i feel like death warmed over....but 9 days to go, thats normal.

Bekim Rizvani
06-12-2009, 11:49 AM
only a week for to feel like death warmed over and then you get to feel really dehydrated and thirsty, its great fun:)

Scoobysnacks
06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
only a week for to feel like death warmed over and then you get to feel really dehydrated and thirsty, its great fun:)

No shit, dont remind me, thats actually the hardest part for me. I practice a large carb load and then bring down water to shrink wrap and staying dry all day is a bitch isnt it. But, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Good luck in this final week.

Ss

Sunshine
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
16 x LBM/2.2
11 x LBM/2.2
6 x LBM/2.2
Thank you very much and good luck!!

YukonCrazy
06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Your pics look great bro!

:-)

Scoobysnacks
06-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Just a couple leg shots from last night, incredibly flat, but I liked the vascularity and my wife was asleep, I dont really sleep anymore, so I grabbed a few pics. Camera a tad blurry, but still I was happy so see the vascularity popping out.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1332-2.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1335-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1336-2.jpg

cranny
06-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Ss, My friend you are looking SICK! Very nice work bro. Your conditioning is def. an inspiration for all of us attempting to compete:beerbang:.
Keep killing it bro!

Scoobysnacks
06-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Ss, My friend you are looking SICK! Very nice work bro. Your conditioning is def. an inspiration for all of us attempting to compete:beerbang:.
Keep killing it bro!

I appreciate it cranny good luck with your show. I hope the cardio tips are paying off for you.

Scoobysnacks
06-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Im getting the "are you okay" from people at work. I know I look like shit in the face, Im sunken in, and my eyes look horrible. I pretty much feel like dog shit, I must be ready, lol. Just a few quick shots. Im water loading today, Im on 2 gallons today.......

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1341-1.jpg

My face is so sunken here, not digging the skeletor face, but happy about the detail considering Im flat and water logged right now.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1340-1.jpg

joedemarco
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Conditioning is looking great! Best of luck to you!

Scoobysnacks
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Conditioning is looking great! Best of luck to you!

Thanks I appreciate it, last day of pain, tomorrow is carb reload, thank god.

Steve56
06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
scooby your taking your conditioning to another level all together...very inspirational brother...best of luck on friday and saturday!!!

Scoobysnacks
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM
scooby your taking your conditioning to another level all together...very inspirational brother...best of luck on friday and saturday!!!

Steve I appreciate you following along and wishing me well.

davidyes
06-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Scooby,
You look awesome. What is the premise behind water loading? I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Scoobysnacks
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Scooby,
You look awesome. What is the premise behind water loading? I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Just to get the body used to flushing, then I can manipulate intake at some point near the show for that small window to be a bit drier. ie a slight decrease after getting the body used to a higher intake will cause the body to continue to flush for a small window.

YukonCrazy
06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
How is the refeed going bro? Feel better?

Scoobysnacks
06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
How is the refeed going bro? Feel better?

better is relative I suppose. When bodyfat is low I dont really feel that great. But, Im not dragging ass anymore. Ive loaded around 500 grams and another 600 to go. Im just getting ready, once the work day is over with Ill be better, a bit uncomfortable sitting here in dress pants stuffed to the gills on carbs, lol.

MDur8
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
hey scoob, are you using clean carbs, as opposed to low fat goodies, because it'll do a better job of drying you up?

Scoobysnacks
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
hey scoob, are you using clean carbs, as opposed to low fat goodies, because it'll do a better job of drying you up?

Ive had success with these foods in the past and I want the potassium rich taters.

MDur8
06-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Gotcha...Stay strong bro almost there

RailZ
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Post some pics if you can bro!!! I hope you bring home the gold brother!!!

Scoobysnacks
06-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Post some pics if you can bro!!! I hope you bring home the gold brother!!!

Im taking computer and camera Im sure Ill get bored so Ill try to get up some shots as Im carbing up and drying out.

sam
06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Im taking computer and camera Im sure Ill get bored so Ill try to get up some shots as Im carbing up and drying out.

yes, please do. thanks for sharing your experience. i learn alot through your posts. good luck at the show. you look awesome!

sam
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
hey bro, i saw your pics in the contest gallery. you looked great. your condition is inspirational. really dialed in. what was your take on how the show unfolded?

Steve56
06-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Bro you were peeled...great conditioning i think you belonged in that first callout for sure....but getting 6th first time out in a national level show is preaty damn good!!

Scoobysnacks
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Bro you were peeled...great conditioning i think you belonged in that first callout for sure....but getting 6th first time out in a national level show is preaty damn good!!

Thanks, I did all I could do for this one. I have had the experience now and a better idea of what they look for, so Ill be better prepared next year to take the top spots.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
06-22-2009, 04:40 PM
not sitting real well with me is being at the water cooler backstage as the top five filed on by me to go back up to get their trophies. The more I think about that feeling and experience the more I despise that feeling. That is not something I want to experience again---that close but so far away feeling. This will be my motivation for the coming year, let someone else take that early drink of water at that cooler while Im up there vying for the top spots.

MsGuns
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Scooby what is your real name? smile

Scoobysnacks
06-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Scooby what is your real name? smile

Jason Theobald

MDur8
06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
not sitting real well with me is being at the water cooler backstage as the top five filed on by me to go back up to get their trophies. The more I think about that feeling and experience the more I despise that feeling. That is not something I want to experience again---that close but so far away feeling. This will be my motivation for the coming year, let someone else take that early drink of water at that cooler while Im up there vying for the top spots.

Im glad your turning that feeling into positive energy Scoobs...You did a great job tho so you shouldnt beat yourself up too bad. As a natural myself, your journal has been a great motivator for me and your drive is very admirable. :beerbang: Keep up the good work and let us know what your offseason plans are :D

-Matt

dajossel
06-23-2009, 12:31 AM

I feel ya on this one. I placed 4th at my show, but of course it was not nearly at the level you competed at. Though it was top 5 I still was truly disappointed. After the show everyone wondered why i wasnt gorging myself with junk, and the answer was because I felt a fire similar to what you were talking about. All I want to do is get ready for the same show and come in 10x better, so I get what your going through. I studied your pics on rxmuscle from the show and you looked shredded, I commend you for a job well done and look up to you as a natty bodybuilder.

MsGuns
06-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Jason Theobald

Thx...cool now I can check out your pics...

Scoobysnacks
06-27-2009, 10:12 AM
A few pics from my personal stash. The MD pics (without whining) just seem to make you lose 4 weeks conditioning and elongate (ie make you look smaller). Thought Id post a few stage shots I had.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/onstagefrontrelaxed-1-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/sidechestonstage-1.jpg

Monday starts the new offseason, Ill think about getting a journal up.

Ss

jphillips17
06-27-2009, 02:41 PM
J -

It was great meeting you and Joe in Chicago. I look forward to watching you grow this off season and KNOW you will accepting a trophy in chi-town next year!

Ashley_Brand
06-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Congrats Jason- lookin' good up there!!
Enjoy the offseason and post that journal, it'll help many new comers as well Im sure!
Best wishes to you!