PDA

View Full Version : Log Stuff

Sledge
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok, I've always kept paper logs of my workouts but never an online log. I'm not much of an internet person so I'll try and keep this going but I may drop off every now and again but we'll see how it goes.

I have no desire to be huge and ripped. I work as an Emergency response officer (Fire and Rescue) and I need to be able to work this requires a compromise between strength and endurance. I also do a fair bit of training of volunteer fire and rescue personnel so it's nice to be able to keep up with the guys in their 20's being 45 years old. During Girlymuscles visit we both had 4 months of more or less vacation attitude so we have both stacked on the weight. I also had rotator cuff surgery about 8 weeks ago and yesterday was my first workout after 8 weeks of nothing. Prior to that I'd had about 6 months of limited training due to the rotator cuff tear.

Goals
At this stage my goal is to slowly work back into training. I still have at leas 8 weeks recovery left on the shoulder but have been given the all clear to start lifting as long as I feel comfortable. So the main goal is to recover and to get back into training regularly without damaging myself.
A secondary goal is to loose the extra fat I have stacked on over the last few months. I'm not going crazy with dieting, just slow and steady, as long as the numbers are going down on the scale and up in the gym I'll be happy.

joedemarco
04-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Looking forward to it, Sledge.

Sledge
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
YESTERDAY 03 April 2010

Rode mountain bike to gym about 25min

Shoulders and Triceps

Standing Dumbell Press (testing out the shoulder)
5x Warm up and acclimation sets.

8x 25kg (easy)
6x 30kg
5x 50kg
4x 30kg
Felt a little pain in the shoulder at the bottom of the movement and let that guide me when to stop instead of muscle failure.

Barbell Military Press
8x 30kg
6x 40kg
OUCH. stopped at this point to be cautious.

Standing Dumbell side laterals
6x 17.5kg
6x 17.5kg
Easy with strict form little pain will raise to 20kg next week.

VBar Tri Pushdown
A few play set's/reps to see where I'm at.
6x 46.25kg
6x 46.25
6x 46.50
All with good form and squeezing at the bottom of the movement.

Lying Tri Extensions (with EZbar)
6x30kg
6x30kg
Actually felt a twinge in the shoulder on this so stopped. Form got a bit sloppy on the last couple of reps though

Seated tri extensions (Dumbell)
6x30kg
6x35kg
5x35kg
All good with a good squeeze at the top.

End of workout.

All in all better than I expected and definatly better than the months pre surgery where any of those shoulder movements were out of the question.

Sat in foyer of gym had a shake and chatted to the young chick who works behind the counter. then rode home with a strong tail wind. about 20min.

OK. I paid for this workout last night. Shoulder was killing me and I got little sleep. It feels ok today but last night was WAY worse than I expected. Lesson learned.

Sledge
04-03-2010, 10:55 PM
04 April 2010

LEG DAY

Funny as it may sound, training legs was hard with a shoulder injury. I couldn't grab the bar for squats because the angle hurt like buggery. So while I did stuff around doing some leg training over the past months it was dodgy at best.

Today was a play around day to see where I'm at so I didn't stick to my workout plan.

Squats
A bunch of warm up sets and a couple of acclimation sets

8x120kg
6x 140kg
6x 140kg
6x 140kg
All good no shoulder pain. Down from where I was pre injury but not as bad as I thought.

45o Leg Press
6x 300kg
6x 300kg
up to 320 next week

Hammer kneeling leg curl
6x 55kg
6x 55
6x 55
Wierd but my left hammy is way stronger than my right.

Stiff leg deads

6x 100kg
6x 100kg
6x 100kg
up to 110 next week

weird arsed Hammer calf machine thing.
12x 150kg
15x 150kg moving foot angle each 5
15x 150kg as above

I'd realy prefer my gym just had a standing and a seated calf machine. I know this hammer machine works but I can never get it to feel right.

I didn't ride the bicycle to the gym today. I learned a while ago not to do that on leg day.

GirlyMuscle
04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
No bike on leg day? Wimp. ;)

AVBG
04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I was gonna give up the Internet- that was before I saw this thread.

Ninja Loco
04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Thats a lotta volume....

Sledge
04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
No bike on leg day? Wimp. ;)

Yep i'm not a hard core muscle monster like you. You'd have liked the last couple of days at the gym it was full of bodybuilder types all grunting and stuff. Don't they know when I train they just need to leave so I have the place to myself. BASTARDS.

I was gonna give up the Internet- that was before I saw this thread.

Smart arse.

Thats a lotta volume....

Yeah it is more than I'd usually do. I am really just playing around this week to see where I'm at.

I feel like Curt James using the multi quote thingamabob. I need a Calvin and Hobbes tattoo. :D

AVBG
04-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I am subscribed with immediate notification for each rep you take.. So make it worth it! Project Sledge v.2

freebirdmac
04-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah, shoulder injuries effect leg workouts... heck all workouts. And I haven't had your level of injury. Take care getting back into it. Glad you're doing a journal :)

fatbackgoal
04-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Best of luck and play it smart with that recovery.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Baby steps there Mr. Moderator Sir. We will keep an eye on ya.

Baldie

Sledge
04-04-2010, 11:58 PM
okey dokey.

Today was Back and Ab day. After two days of being pretty happy I'd not lost too much strength. Today was designed to just slap me in the face and wake me up. All weights down by quite a lot.

The body pump class was in progress so I had to watch all the bodypump women (and one bloke in spandex) doing their thing between sets.

Lat Pull downs
All the normal warm up and acclimation sets
6 x 87kg
5 x 87kg
4 x 87kg

Close grip lat pulldowns
6 x 97
5 x 97
Felt a shoulder twinge so gave it the arse.

Seated cable rows
8 x 97
6 x 97
Surprisingly easy and no pain up next week

Dumbell rows.
6 x 35kg reasonably easy but a bit of a twinge in shoulder at the top of the movement
6 x 37.5kg Same as above
6 x 40kg Same as above no problem with the good shoulder though. :)

Leg lifts on a bench
3 sets of 15 of these really concentrating on contracting and keeping tension on abs. This made me sweat.

Cable Crunches
2 sets of 15 @28.75kg I am hit and miss with these. Some days no matter how hard I concentrate I just can't get it to be all abs. Today was not one of those days. It felt good slow and steady with abdominal tension right through the movement.

Rode the bike to and from the gym. I have some glute doms after yesterday (wierd I usualy only get glute doms after lunges). Riding a bike with glute doms is not great.

Tomorrow will be a good test of where I am. I have not been able to train chest at all since the injury, so that means about 6 months of no chest training. I couldn't even press the bar with the shoulder injury.

Ninja Loco
04-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I wsnt able to deadlift for about that long. Or do any type of curls. I almost shot myself....

Sledge
04-05-2010, 12:22 AM
I just typed out my entire diet and then hit the wrong button somewhere and lost the whole thing.

I can't be bothered doing it again. I'll do it later.

Ninja Loco
04-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Just type "burgers" and be done with it.

blu2xtreme
04-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I have to say I am a little curious what your diet consists of ...I will be checking back :)

Sledge
04-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Pizza, Icecream, Donuts.

Ninja Loco
04-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Pizza, Icecream, Donuts.
Why are you cutting so early in the year?

Sledge
04-05-2010, 01:51 AM
And I love an occasional golden gaytime.

Sledge
04-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Why are you cutting so early in the year?

I like to keep my level of leanness all year. Having one big ab sets me apart from the run of the mill six pack crowd so I like to maintain.

Ninja Loco
04-05-2010, 01:59 AM
I like to keep my level of leanness all year. Having one big ab sets me apart from the run of the mill six pack crowd so I like to maintain.
That level of ab fitness is hard to maintain, especially when no McDonalds can be found in an emergency. Respect.

Sledge
04-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Took the day off gym today because the shoulder was giving me the shits. Will train chest tomorrow.

Good news though. Just sold my old Honda. Got a bottle of jack Daniels for it so it was a good trade.

Mac
04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Took the day off gym today because the shoulder was giving me the shits. Will train chest tomorrow.

Good news though. Just sold my old Honda. Got a bottle of jack Daniels for it so it was a good trade.

What a deal! I am selling mine too, but it will take many many bottles of Absolute since it's not that old!

Sledge
04-07-2010, 03:16 AM
07 April 2010

Chest and Traps

I was very apprehensive when I started this. Pressing was the movement that caused me the most discomfort before surgery and any sort of bench pressing was out of the question. Even pressing just a bar caused a decent amount of sharp pain.

Incline Dumbell Press (I incline press at about 30-40 degrees today was about 30)
The usual warmup sets and stuff and a few sets of a couple of reps to figure out where I'm at
6x37.5kg
6x37.5kg
6x37.5kg
Felt a little bit of a twinge at the bottom of the movement but not to bad. Was concentrating (worried) to much about the shoulder on the first few sets to really feel it in my chest but the last couple were good with good pec contraction.

Dumbell flat press
6x37.5kg
6x37.5kg

Dumbell decline press
6x35kg
6x35kg

Barbell shrugs
10x120kg
10x130kg

Dumbell shrugs
12x40kg Behind back
12x40kg at side
12x40kg behind back
12x40kg at side.

All he shrugs done with a good squeeze at the top and the appropriate face pulling.

All in all this workout felt good. Am feeling some impingement in the shoulder when moving but I put that down to a little inflammation. No real pain just the normal dull ache.

The dumbells at my gym only go up to 40kg so I'll need to take the dumbell handles with me when I go next in case I can push a little more.

Sledge
04-07-2010, 03:28 AM
current half arsed diet.

Wake up
stagger to kitchen turn on coffee machine. Go piss.

MEAL 1
Double espresso, 2x tsp whitener, 1 equal.
3 whole eggs, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup basmati rice or oats.
or
Shake: 2 scoops WPI (about 50gP), 1/2 cup oats, heaped tblsp psylium husk, tblsp mac nut oil.
Some times as above again but most of the time 3 is it.

Meal 2 and 3.
I pre prepare a bunch of meals that consist of. 150-200g Lean beef, Turkey or Chicken breast, 1/2 a cup Basmati rice about a cup of veggies. I weigh, measure package and freeze these so I don't have to think about it. I add small amounts of various spices, herbs or marinades to add some variety and flavour.

Post Workout.
Shake. 2 scoops WPI about 60-70g Dextrose. This meal directly follows my workout the time of this can vary when I'm at work it's in the evening on days off it's usually meal 2 or 4.

Meal 5
cooked in the evening not pre prepared.
200g (ish) Steak, A bunch of vegies.
or
200g Basa (white fish) with vegies
or
200g Salmon with veggies.

These can be cooked on the grill, stir fried or steamed in foil or whatever. I add some herbs and spices to the fish if I feel like it.
or
same as meal 3/4 if pushed for time (or just feeling lazy).

Meal 6
250g Cottage Cheese before bed.

WATER
I drink 3 litres of water a day not counting the water in shakes or during workout/cardio. In total it would add up to around 5 1/2 tp 6 litres.

I drink 2-4 cans of coke zero most evenings.

Sledge
04-07-2010, 03:53 AM
For me the key to sticking with my diet is pre preperation.

I have a bunch of pre made meals in the freezer eady to eat.

I washed up after my eggs this morning and mixed the eggs and whites ready to go tomorrow morning.

I have tonights dinner (steak) in the fridge ready to cook. When I cook tonight I'll take tomorrow nights (fish) out of the freezer so it defrosts. Also tomorow's pre made meals come out of the freezer and the next days shake gets made and put in the fridge.

tight booty
04-07-2010, 04:18 AM
I like how you told us all, about your piss in the morning....:yep:
You know how to make a person feel like they are really there with you Sledge.....:)

Sledge
04-07-2010, 04:53 AM
It's just part of the routine. The circle of life.

tight booty
04-07-2010, 05:28 AM
It's just part of the routine. The circle of life.
Yes but your log isn't boring....it's as though we are there with you.....:)

Baldiewonkanobi
04-07-2010, 05:44 AM

Marsupial DNA? Can you hide anything in that one big ab?

EZ does it on the shoulder.

Baldie

Sledge
04-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Marsupial DNA? Can you hide anything in that one big ab?

Well if I let it get big enough I could hide the heat seeking moisture missile under it.

Sledge
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
well on the second double espresso of the morning. Was going to drive up to my land today but I have to go to the dentist instead.
So I should get a workout in.

GirlyMuscle
04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Good. Being at the block would suck with a toothache. There's always tomorrow. What are you training?

Sledge
04-08-2010, 03:00 AM
April 08

Biceps and Abbbbbbbbbbs

Standing EZ Bar Curls
Usual warm up sets etc
6 x 50kg
6 x 50
6 x 50
I usualy do these heavy and hard and allow myself a bit of a cheat to get the last couple of reps out. Today I did them pretty strict and they felt good. I think I'll do them this way next week too.

Hammer Curls
6 x 25kg
6 x 25kg

1 arm cable curls
6 x 17.5kg
5 x 17.5kg

Over head cable curls. (like doing a front double Bi)
5 x some obscenely low weight
4 x the same obscenely low weight.

Never tried these before and did em just for kicks. Was surprised at how much of a pump I got after just 2 sets of low reps.

Leg lifts
15 x 10kg
15 x 10kg

cable crunches
12 x 28.75kg
12 x 28.75kg

Knee raises
2 sets of 15 keeping tension on abs.

So a bloke at the gym comes over and starts talking to me. he's one of those the iron is my enemy the gym is my temple types. Personally I don't get that thinking but if it helps the guy motivate himself more power to him. Problem is once I respond and talk with him a little he thinks I'm his buddy and keeps talking and stuff untill I ask him to leave me alone while I'm training. And he acts all offended. Sheesh if the gym is his temple maybe he should take a vow of silence or something.

Good news is that the sauna is up and running at the gym. I dropped the hint they needed a spa too. I'm going to sauna tomorrow. :)

Ninja Loco
04-08-2010, 03:51 AM
You WARM UP with 50kg barbell curls???

Sledge
04-08-2010, 05:06 AM
No, I meant I did warm up sets before the 50kg curls. :)

Sledge
04-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Missed an opportunity to boost my E stats there. I should have said, yeah doesn't everyone?

tight booty
04-08-2010, 07:00 AM
April 08

Biceps and Abbbbbbbbbbs

Standing EZ Bar Curls
Usual warm up sets etc
6 x 50kg
6 x 50
6 x 50
I usualy do these heavy and hard and allow myself a bit of a cheat to get the last couple of reps out. Today I did them pretty strict and they felt good. I think I'll do them this way next week too.

Hammer Curls
6 x 25kg
6 x 25kg

1 arm cable curls
6 x 17.5kg
5 x 17.5kg

Over head cable curls. (like doing a front double Bi)
5 x some obscenely low weight
4 x the same obscenely low weight.

Never tried these before and did em just for kicks. Was surprised at how much of a pump I got after just 2 sets of low reps.

Leg lifts
15 x 10kg
15 x 10kg

cable crunches
12 x 28.75kg
12 x 28.75kg

Knee raises
2 sets of 15 keeping tension on abs.

So a bloke at the gym comes over and starts talking to me. he's one of those the iron is my enemy the gym is my temple types. Personally I don't get that thinking but if it helps the guy motivate himself more power to him. Problem is once I respond and talk with him a little he thinks I'm his buddy and keeps talking and stuff untill I ask him to leave me alone while I'm training. And he acts all offended. Sheesh if the gym is his temple maybe he should take a vow of silence or something.

Good news is that the sauna is up and running at the gym. I dropped the hint they needed a spa too. I'm going to sauna tomorrow. :)
Drop a dumbell on their toe....it shuts them up real fast....:yep:

HeavyDutyGuy
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Cool log. Funny I pictured you as this 250 lb slab of muscle. lantern jawed... I figured with your handle and that you pullled the muscle goddess/idolater GM. Very cool what you do, I admire EMTs alot. Tough job. Your training approach seems perfect for that. Strength and endurance. Stamina. Damn rational people......... :)

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Der him is!

axioma
04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Der him is!

Nice bike...victory?

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Harley. :) He's had it since new and done some custom stuff to it. I forget the year...1993-4-5...somewhere in that range.

Ninja Loco
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
His arms are as big as my chest......

Sledge
04-08-2010, 07:41 PM
you could have at least posted the pic where I was sucking in the gut :)

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought you liked that pic.

Besides, you're supposed to slap it and say, Bought and paid for!

Sledge
04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
well it is the only think I've paid off

GirlyMuscle
04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Bike's paid for. :)

Sledge
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok been slack on the log. So here is a half arsed update.
After a first week back and things being ok and better than I expected. This week just jacked me around. Did shoulders and Tris first day back this week and had to abandon the whole shoulder workout. Sharp pain on all movements with any resistance at all. Triceps was ok but weights down from last week. Then I took a couple of days off to let the shoulder settle down and will head in today and see how it goes.
I did have a chick that works at the gym refer to me as a bodybuilder. Kinda wierd as I don't really consider myself one. Must be the bald head and the the ILS.

Ninja Loco
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
You've trained and dieted very hard for that ILS. Moreso than anyone. Do us proud.

FitnBuf
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Log is looking great Sledge...Keep the focus...and YES you are a bodybuilder... ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
04-16-2010, 04:59 AM
You ARE a Bodybuilder when others call you a Bodybuilder. Its never been a self proclamation. Bald head and badass bike is just window dressing.

Baldie

tight booty
04-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Take it easy on the shoulder Sledge! Ease into it slowly.....:)

GirlyMuscle
04-16-2010, 08:42 AM
People refer to you as a bodybuilder because you were seen with the World Famous GirlyMuscle for so long. ;)

Mac
04-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Must be the bald head and the the ILS.

What is ILS?

GirlyMuscle
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Imaginary Lat Syndrome...where people walk around with their arms way out to the side as if they have huge wide lats but in reality they don't.

Mac
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Imaginary Lat Syndrome...where people walk around with their arms way out to the side as if they have huge wide lats but in reality they don't.

That's too funny. We used to do that as teenagers, showing off our lats, which was all in our minds.

I doubt that Sledge's are imagined.

tight booty
04-16-2010, 08:58 AM
People refer to you as a bodybuilder because you were seen with the World Famous GirlyMuscle for so long. ;)
They know you at Bev's gym....they know you in Melbourne Australia....hell some dude even kind of knew you at south bank....:yep: :dunno: I think I might have told him to come join rxmuscle....HAHA

tight booty
04-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey we did that when we trained together.....:p

GirlyMuscle
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
That reminds me...I have to start working on our workout video.

tight booty
04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
That reminds me...I have to start working on our workout video.
Make sure you send me a copy first....so that I am prepared to be um embarrased by the tiny weights I lift compared to you....:yep:
But yeah it should be a good video...:)

GirlyMuscle
04-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh no...you will make your video workout debut on youtube as soon as it's done. I promise not put up any nude shots, however the moon pose might make it in there. ;)

tight booty
04-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Oh no...you will make your video workout debut on youtube as soon as it's done. I promise not put up any nude shots, however the moon pose might make it in there. ;)
Omg, I hope Sledge shot us from good angles....:p I hope I don't look hungover, even though course I was....:yep:
The moon pose was fun, blood rushing to my hungover head felt sooo good...:p

axioma
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
ok, just stopped by to check out thread...feeling kind of...dunno...excited?!?! Moon pose by tight booty....I'm in!

tight booty
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
ok, just stopped by to check out thread...feeling kind of...dunno...excited?!?! Moon pose by tight booty....I'm in!
Moon pose with tight booty and Girlymuscle. We also do the "bouncer pose" too....:p

Sledge
04-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Ahh yes. 2 moons over Melbourne could be the title of the Vid.

It was kind of a lunar eclipse.

bodyhard
04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I have been trying to figure out what is on your AV, is that a pic of you with your head stuck in a tree??

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
He was hugging a giant Tingle tree.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/GirlyMuscle/IMGP3581.jpg

SallyAnne
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM
04 April 2010

LEG DAY

Funny as it may sound, training legs was hard with a shoulder injury. I couldn't grab the bar for squats because the angle hurt like buggery. So while I did stuff around doing some leg training over the past months it was dodgy at best.

Well, hello there. :)

I had this same damn problem. It was freaking discouraging not being able to hold onto the bar. lol After 6 months, I finally feel no pain in my shoulder when it comes to squats.

bodyhard
04-19-2010, 04:44 PM

ahh thanks I could not see it! :D

gman
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
does the tree make you tingle when you hug it?

gman
04-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Well, hello there. :)

I had this same damn problem. It was freaking discouraging not being able to hold onto the bar. lol After 6 months, I finally feel no pain in my shoulder when it comes to squats.

not sure how well this works but I saw it a while back for people with shoulder problems.

http://www.davedraper.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DDI&Product_Code=TTS&Category_Code=N

mA2O1gDqbsY

tight booty
04-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Ahh yes. 2 moons over Melbourne could be the title of the Vid.

It was kind of a lunar eclipse.
Ah yes, that was it.....:dunno:

Sledge
04-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Ok. A quick update.

Went to the surgeon again last Monday. Expecting to be returned to work on light duties. No such luck. I've been relegated to "Perth based office duties only" OMFG. for at least another 4 weeks. Even when I can head back to work I'll be on light duties for at least another 12 weeks.

I've been slack with the log and stuff so I'll try and get back onto it today. Off to the gym now. If I leave the computer open to this page I'll remember to do the log stuff when i get home.

Sledge
04-21-2010, 03:27 AM
today did Back and Abs

After warming up and stuff.

WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS
8 x 87kg
7 x 87kg
7 x 87kg
Up next week

CLOSE GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS
8x97kg
6x107kg
start at 107 next week

SEATED CABLE ROWS
6x107
6x107
6x107
Form sucked same weight next week

DUMBELL ROWS
6x40kg
7x40kg
Felt a little pain in shoulder at top of movement. not bad though

LEG LIFTS on Bench
3x sets 12
6x107

CABLE CRUNCHES
12 x 28.75
12 x 28.75
Good squeeze and hold on both ab movements. felt good.

Not a bad workout felt good all through and a dull ache in shoulder as expected but nothing bad. Tonight/tomorrow will tell if I pushed a little too hard

One of the women that works at the gym asked me if I'd train her. I had to politely turn her down. Nice to be asked though.

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Did you ride your bike to and from the bike? I miss my awesome Australian bike.

gman
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
One of the women that works at the gym asked me if I'd train her. I had to politely turn her down. Nice to be asked though.

See Sledge, you and I are loyal. Not like our hussies at all

blu2xtreme
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Your loyalty will be rewarded ....I Promise!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Gotta ask....Vegemite?? Bulk or diet food? Good whipped up with whey??

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Sledge categorizes Vegemite as hangover food. It's the only time he can stand the stuff. LOL

Sledge
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Gotta ask....Vegemite?? Bulk or diet food? Good whipped up with whey??

Baldie

As GM said I'm not a big fan of vegimite. Unless I'm hungover then I like it for some reason.
It's not nice stuff. I enjoyed feeding it to GM and watching the faces she pulled. she was going to use a dish rag to try and wipe the taste out of her mouth.

Sledge
04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Your loyalty will be rewarded ....I Promise!

Make sure you get video.

Sledge
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM

It's funny how nice, sensitive, good guys like us are always attracted to these bad girls.:p

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Does he feel the tingle? I see he is hanging on for dear life.

Baldie

gman
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Make sure you get video.

private viewing only, sorry!

It's funny how nice, sensitive, good guys like us are always attracted to these bad girls.:p

I know...we are so naive

Sledge
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Todays training.

Did 20min low intensity cardio when I got up this morning (I have a treadmill in the living room).
Improtant safety tip: Don't try and drink coffee while doing naked cardio.

Will do 20 min HIIT at about 6pm tonight.

Chest traps abs

All the usual warming up etc

INCLINE DB/PRESS
6x 37.5kg
6x 37.5kg
6x 37.5kg
Up to 40kg next week

FLAT DB PRESS
6x 37.5
6x 37.5
up to 40 next week

DECLINE BarBell PRESS
10x 70kg
10x 70kg
A bit weary with these as I have no spotter. Will bump it up to 80kg next week and see how I go.

BARBELL SHRUG
6x 140kg
6x 140kg

DUMBELL SHRUG
12x 40kg
12x 40kg
with a good hold and squeeze at the top of the movement.

threw in 2 sets of 15 crunches and 2 sets of 15 hanging leg raises for the heck of it.

All in all not a bad workout. Still a bit of pain at the bottom of the range of motion in presses. And shoulder seems fine. still the same dull ache but nothing to ring any alarm bells.

Sledge
04-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Well I like my gym.

Today 3, (thats right 3) NABBA figure chicks 5 weeks out of comp were training at the gym. Did I mention there was 3 of them.
Well I don't know what you call it but at one point they were doing an exercise where you lay on a bench with your legs pointing strait up in the air with a dumbell between your feet. And you push up lifting your hips off the bench. at one point 2 of them side by side.
They did a bunch of posing between sets (NABBA figure chicks pose).
So today I went to the gym. A bunch of pre comp NABBA chicks did shoulders back and abs and posing practice.

Oh I did a really long bicep and ab workout too, I think.

Ninja Loco
04-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Im imagining 140kg is not making a dent on traps the width of my chest. Individualy. So Im guessing the shoulder hurts on those as well.....cause Im betting in better days you could have shrugged that Harley.

What kind of HIT? What exercise?

Oh and BTW, what those chicks were doing is an ab exercise called a straight leg seat raise. Part of my boxing core conditioning. Fukin brutal even with no weight, so DAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM.

Mac
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM

You don't appear to be the sensitive type Sledge. I think you're just attracted to bad girls.

tight booty
04-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Well I like my gym.

Today 3, (thats right 3) NABBA figure chicks 5 weeks out of comp were training at the gym. Did I mention there was 3 of them.
Well I don't know what you call it but at one point they were doing an exercise where you lay on a bench with your legs pointing strait up in the air with a dumbell between your feet. And you push up lifting your hips off the bench. at one point 2 of them side by side.
They did a bunch of posing between sets (NABBA figure chicks pose).
So today I went to the gym. A bunch of pre comp NABBA chicks did shoulders back and abs and posing practice.

Oh I did a really long bicep and ab workout too, I think.
It's a wonder they didn't drop the dumbell on their heads doing that ab exercise.

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 07:46 AM
You don't appear to be the sensitive type Sledge. I think you're just attracted to bad girls.

You've got him figured out. ;)

Mac
04-23-2010, 07:50 AM
You've got him figured out. ;)

Actually, I knew he wasn't because you're not the kind of woman to be attracted to a sensitive guy.

However, I did wonder about him, for a second because he is hugging a tree in his avi. :dunno:

tight booty
04-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Actually, I knew he wasn't because you're not the kind of woman to be attracted to a sensitive guy.

However, I did wonder about him, for a second because he is hugging a tree in his avi. :dunno:
Sledge is a nature lover....:p

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
This is true. He's a nature lovin guy. But at least he's not as annoying as Steve Irwin.

"Crikey! Look at him! Ain't he a beaut?"

(That's some sort of bobtailed lizard.)

Sledge
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey that's bob.

I am a bit of a greeny. Planted 5000 trees last year. planning on another 5000 in 2011. so May 2011 anyone who wants to come help plant is welcome to come to Pingelly, I'll put on the food and beer. I have about 70 acers of bush land that's been grazed i'm trying to rehabilitate to natral and than I'm going to re introduce native animals. Building a house there total solar and wind power.

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
My favorite greeny pic. (at least where you're wearing clothes...)

Sledge
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Look at them dogs in the background. They are trying to get a nobel prize

Sledge
04-29-2010, 04:23 AM
okey dokey

Here's the last three days of slackness.

MONDAY Bis Forearms Abs
As usual warm ups and junk.

Seated incline Alt DB Curls
6x 22.5kg
5x 22.5
5x 22.5

Standing EZ Bar curls
6x 45kg
5x45
4x 45

Wrist curls
15 x 27.5
15 x 27.5
15x 27.5

3 sets of 12 Crunches, decline type, with a plate held on forehead
2 sets 10 cable crunches 36.25kg

WEDNESDAY Shoulders and calves

Wierd arsed hammer strength calf machine
8 x 160kg
8 x 160kg
7 x 160kg

Smith machine standing calf raise

8x 110
8x 110
20 x 90
20 x 90kg

Standing military press
Warmed up well and did a few rotator warmups
6 x 60kg
5 x 60kg
4 x 60kg

Inflammation causing a catch at the bottom of the movement not really painful just a weird feeling.

side laterals
6x 20kg
6x 20
5x 20

Bent over lats
6 x 25
6 x 25
6 x 25

Sledge
04-29-2010, 04:29 AM
Today.
Legs

Warm up

Squats
6 x 140kg
6x 150kg
6x 150
6 x 150 Just made the last one.
up to 160 next week

45o Leg Press
6x 320
6x320
6 x 320
up to 340 next week

Leg extensions 2 sets of 20 @ 68kg

Hammer kneeling leg curl machine
6 x 50
6 x 50
Up to 55 next week

Stif leg deads
6 x 100kg
6 x 100kg
up to 110 next week

All in all not bad for a leg day. Certanly wasn't a killer though. Getting back on track though.

tight booty
04-29-2010, 05:03 AM
My favorite greeny pic. (at least where you're wearing clothes...)
Are those dogs in the background?

GirlyMuscle
04-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Yep. Hound and Runt. Original names, don't ya think?

tight booty
04-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Yep. Hound and Runt. Original names, don't ya think?
Haha...cute names! They are sitting so perfectly, if they had long ears I would swear they were kangaroos....:p They're the same colour....

GirlyMuscle
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Hound and Runt...

Sledge
04-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Well today was supposed to be moving more furniture up to my little peice of land. But it's pissing down with rain so I'll put it off till tomorrow.

I have a big shed up there (9m x 12m) and i'm moving into it for a while just so I can stop paying rent and a mortgage for a while. I plan to set it up as a kind of temporary living quarters but currently it's just a big shed.

As my block of land is about 10km from the nearest small town and about 50km from the nearest bigger town with a small gym. I do have a pretty extensive home gym set up there so I'll still be able to train pretty well up there. I'll get some pics when it looks a little less like a bomb went off in the shed.

I may take a load of furniture up this afternoon if the weather clears up or I'll do a couple of trips tomorrow. So Ill train at the Club gym in Port Kennedy today And up at the block tomorrow.

tight booty
04-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Hound and Runt are adorable....just look at them sleeping on the couch together! My cats stick their tounge out like that too.....:p

GirlyMuscle
11-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Do you still workout?

yhqI2P9QJ9Y

Bryan Hildebrand
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
nice bring back

GirlyMuscle
11-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I know what Sledge likes. :D