PDA

View Full Version : Masters deserve respect...

johnson
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
After 36 years of competing I have never seen a sanctioned organization such as the NY NPC show little regard for the male and female bodybuilders as I have just witnessed at the recent NY Metropolitan. Why do the male and female bodybuilders need to wait around for the bikini and fitness women to go on first. Other than make-up what do they need to do? Put them at the end!!!
And why do Masters bodybuilders get only 60 seconds for posing??? There is no difference in preparation and dieting than the open class so why are we slighted?!!! We have supported the selfish NPC longer than anyone else! Someone has got to give bodybuilders an alternative to the pig-dog run NPC! Why do bodybuilders have to pay to enter a competition which is making the promoter money??? What other sport charges the athlete's??? $90. for an NPC card and $50. per class??? Give me a break!!! This must be stopped NOW!!!

hifrommike65
04-06-2010, 01:01 AM
http://www.bevfrancis.com/contact-us

If you have a concern about the show, contact Bev & Steve. I'm sure they will take any comments seriously.

The Thinker
04-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Wow, what a positive message to send with your first post.....NOT!!!! If you don't like it, don't compete in the NPC.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Wow, what a positive message to send with your first post.....NOT!!!! If you don't like it, don't compete in the NPC.

^^^
Baldie

Lann1011
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I think of it as a compliment in a way that BB is last, it means you guys are the main event! and I agree Masters should have the same time as the Open.

IL WNBF Pro
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM

Should he suck up and kiss ass first? He/she spoke their mind....hope they follow through with contacting the promoter.

Lann1011
04-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm sending a mail to Jim Manion about some issues that are happening at one of the shows in AZ.. If they do not know something is broken, how can they fix it?

The Thinker
04-07-2010, 01:41 AM
Should he suck up and kiss ass first? He/she spoke their mind....hope they follow through with contacting the promoter.

Who said anything about sucking up or kissing ass? I didn't. If you were to meet a group of people in person and deliver such a negative message without building some credibility, I doubt anyone would take you seriously. I actually did not disagree with everything he said ( I didn't agree with everything either), however, his delivery just turned me off. That's my opinion and Johnson's allowed to have his. Maybe there are other people who agree with him but I don't see a bunch of posts jumping on his bandwagon.

The Thinker
04-07-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm sending a mail to Jim Manion about some issues that are happening at one of the shows in AZ.. If they do not know something is broken, how can they fix it?

Oh shit, Miles pissed someone else off. What a surprise! LOL

Lann1011
04-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh shit, Miles pissed someone else off. What a surprise! LOL

well.... yes.

Just a few "loose interpretations" of the NPC rules.

IL WNBF Pro
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Who said anything about sucking up or kissing ass? I didn't. If you were to meet a group of people in person and deliver such a negative message without building some credibility, I doubt anyone would take you seriously. I actually did not disagree with everything he said ( I didn't agree with everything either), however, his delivery just turned me off. That's my opinion and Johnson's allowed to have his. Maybe there are other people who agree with him but I don't see a bunch of posts jumping on his bandwagon.

I met Steve Downs for the first time at a WNBF show and voiced immediate concerns about how the whole Dave Goodin situation was handled. Mycredibility was that I was a competitor in the organization who was paying my dues and was supporting the organization by competing as well as having family be in attendance (thus paying for the show). Whats hard with posting is that we dont get the true tone of the poster. Sure the end of the post seemed agressive, but the opening was simple questioning. Regardingpeople jumping in with this...out of 11 posts....there are only 5 people (excluding OP) talking in the thread. Three of the five have made multiple posts. If this page were 2 - 3 pages I could see your point. You and Baldie really didnt like the post he/she made...but failed to really point out if you agree or disagree with the actual content.

Sorry if I sound like a total asshole....little stressed....I just wanted to say that I feel for this person. I cant count how many times I have been at a show where they tell us we will be on stage in X minutes...only to have that time come and go because of the bikini or figure. I dont knock figure or bikini...just wish there was a better adherence to timeline.

Again, sorry Drive...

IL WNBF Pro
04-07-2010, 07:57 AM
well.... yes.

Just a few "loose interpretations" of the NPC rules.

Hate to say it...I went to one Miles show way back when I moved to AZ in 2003.....never went to another due to some of the things I saw. Example : seemed the MC's wanted to make part of the show more about themselves. Ummm....hello?

Catwoman
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I think the promoters know that if the bodybuilders went before the figure and bikini girls, there wouldn't be an audience left for the rest of the show. Most of the people show up for the bodybuilding. I competed in figure twice at the Jr. Nats and I really felt bad for the male bodybuilders who had to wait so long to get on stage. The show ended at midnight one year and there were hardly any restaurants open for them to go celebrate.

IL WNBF Pro
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I think the promoters know that if the bodybuilders went before the figure and bikini girls, there wouldn't be an audience left for the rest of the show. Most of the people show up for the bodybuilding. I competed in figure twice at the Jr. Nats and I really felt bad for the male bodybuilders who had to wait so long to get on stage. The show ended at midnight one year and there were hardly any restaurants open for them to go celebrate.

Absolutely....in fact, thats the reason I was given. In addition, the WNBF (and probably others) now wont do award presentations until the very end. I understand why...but that in and of itself is draining.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I went to the Excalibur here in L.A. a few months back to see the Masters. Arrived at 11am and waited until 5pm and the womens Bodybuilding, Bikini and Fitness was STILL ON STAGE. There were hundreds of girls. The promoter had a thousand or so friends/family of these girls in the audience. Can we say :yep: $$ :yep:. Me.... I said 'fuck it' and went home not seeing a single male athlete except a few sleeping in their cars behind the auditorium.

Its a sign of the times folks. We have morphed at least at the amatuer level. Gary Udit could not have the venue he does at the Masters Nationals without the Bikini/Fitness, etc. Good thing about Gary...its a fantastic MANAGED show. The days are spread out and incl. morning and eve. pre judging and everything is on time.

Baldie

IL WNBF Pro
04-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I went to the Excalibur here in L.A. a few months back to see the Masters. Arrived at 11am and waited until 5pm and the womens Bodybuilding, Bikini and Fitness was STILL ON STAGE. There were hundreds of girls. The promoter had a thousand or so friends/family of these girls in the audience. Can we say :yep: $$ :yep:. Me.... I said 'fuck it' and went home not seeing a single male athlete except a few sleeping in their cars behind the auditorium.

Its a sign of the times folks. We have morphed at least at the amatuer level. Gary Udit could not have the venue he does at the Masters Nationals without the Bikini/Fitness, etc. Good thing about Gary...its a fantastic MANAGED show. The days are spread out and incl. morning and eve. pre judging and everything is on time.

Baldie

Absolutely. It is brutal when there is so little space backstage. I have to say that I have really learned to relax more backstage the last few shows. Before I would constantly be getting up to look around...see the show...ask how long..etc

Dont think there is a good solution either. Limit competitors? Nope, more money for promoter. Switch order...number of people have shown the pros/cons of that. Speed up the rounds? Dont know how to do that without pissing someone off that they werent on stage very long.

Lann1011
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I was at the Excalibur show.. it was amazingly cramped back stage.. They should just run two day contest.. do the bikini, fitness and figure on a friday.. body building on sat then everyone comes back for awards saturday night

Lann1011
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Hate to say it...I went to one Miles show way back when I moved to AZ in 2003.....never went to another due to some of the things I saw. Example : seemed the MC's wanted to make part of the show more about themselves. Ummm....hello?

I wish you would write that to the NPC.. there is a lack of other shows here in AZ besides the one is Tuscon.. and that is how someone wants it to stay, with the Tuscon one going away.. .. NO choice at all..

IL WNBF Pro
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I wish you would write that to the NPC.. there is a lack of other shows here in AZ besides the one is Tuscon.. and that is how someone wants it to stay, with the Tuscon one going away.. .. NO choice at all..

Well, I just moved back to midwest...so, dont know how much weight my e-mail would carry. I also recall that his night show was VERY expensive. It sucks for me that the closest WNBF show was in Missouri. That roaylly sucked. I figured I was in the clear moving to Illinois that a show would be close. Nope...they dropped a couple so now I get to go to NY for the show in October.

johnson
04-07-2010, 09:52 PM

It's apparent to me that you are new to the sport and are easily duped by these phonies that call themselves "promoters", so I will ignore your immature comment. The only thing they are "promoting" is there own self interest and greed. And if you think the INBF is any better you are more of a fool than I thought. Wake up! What are they promising you... a Pro Card some day? Wow, that's something to be proud of! Do you think anyone cares if you got a Pro Card? It is just a pie-in-the-sky for bodybuilders that are followers and not leaders. Ask them to give you cash prizes for winning and listen to their lame response. Stand up like a man and help change bodybuilding into a sport for the athletes and NOT the promoters!

johnson
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
http://www.bevfrancis.com/contact-us

If you have a concern about the show, contact Bev & Steve. I'm sure they will take any comments seriously.

Bev and Steve are true bodybuilders themselves, but they must abide by the NPC rulings. The problem is that the NPC does not have any competition so why should they stop their glutenous practices. Not to mention their head-in-the-sand position on steroid usage. Do you think they care if a bodybuilder is hospitalized or dies from drug usage? They will just wait for the next druggie to step on stage and the show goes on. A new organization must be formed that will truly help the bodybuilder with cash or material prizes that will act as an incentive for very hard work and never ending discipline. The promoters will have so many competitors that they will make a substantial profit as well... and they would deserve it!

johnson
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM

The only reason bodybuilders need to go on first and in a timely manner is because of all the preparation needed to look perfect for those few hours. Getting the pump, the correct amount of food, controlling fluid levels... there is a lot going on before prejudging. The figure, fitness and bikini competitors have much less preparation and will still have all the people in the audience that want to see them. I wouldn't want to be on stage if I knew most of the people watching can't wait 'til I get off!

esplendido
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM

Baldie

Gary runs a fast show, that's all. The stage is too small to get more than 6 competitors on it; the pump room SUCKS for lighting and no pump equipment and the damn carnival mirrors he leans against the wall (distorts image terribly). And in '08, he arbitrarily decided to combine the women's LW and MW class, when there were 6 MW and 9 LW. My wife got ripped off from a first place trophy because she was the highest placed LW at 7th, and all the MW women coming in 1st - 6th. I don't care if there was only 1 fucking MW woman. You don't make last minute changes like that at the national level.

If he combines one class this year, I'll file a formal complaint. That's just bullshit!

Do I have enough cred to complain like that???

Catwoman
04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
The only reason bodybuilders need to go on first and in a timely manner is because of all the preparation needed to look perfect for those few hours. Getting the pump, the correct amount of food, controlling fluid levels... there is a lot going on before prejudging. The figure, fitness and bikini competitors have much less preparation and will still have all the people in the audience that want to see them. I wouldn't want to be on stage if I knew most of the people watching can't wait 'til I get off!

I totally agree with your reasons as to why bodybuilders should go first. I competed as a bodybuilder more times than I did in figure. That's why I felt bad watching all of those hungry guys lying aroung trying to maintain their pump. Unfortunately the promoters know this and don't care. Figure kind of blows right now so the next time I compete will be as a bodybuilder again.

IL WNBF Pro
04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
It's apparent to me that you are new to the sport and are easily duped by these phonies that call themselves "promoters", so I will ignore your immature comment. The only thing they are "promoting" is there own self interest and greed. And if you think the INBF is any better you are more of a fool than I thought. Wake up! What are they promising you... a Pro Card some day? Wow, that's something to be proud of! Do you think anyone cares if you got a Pro Card? It is just a pie-in-the-sky for bodybuilders that are followers and not leaders. Ask them to give you cash prizes for winning and listen to their lame response. Stand up like a man and help change bodybuilding into a sport for the athletes and NOT the promoters!

Dude...I defended your first post....but with this one, I would tend to say that you're quite the prick. I DO have my pro card...and its something I am proud of. I am definitely NOT a follower. Perhaps it is you who are so lack-luster in your ability to go far in the sport that has left you jaded. Why should someone give you a cash prize when its an amateur show? No sport does that.

Bev and Steve are true bodybuilders themselves, but they must abide by the NPC rulings. The problem is that the NPC does not have any competition so why should they stop their glutenous practices. Not to mention their head-in-the-sand position on steroid usage. Do you think they care if a bodybuilder is hospitalized or dies from drug usage? They will just wait for the next druggie to step on stage and the show goes on. A new organization must be formed that will truly help the bodybuilder with cash or material prizes that will act as an incentive for very hard work and never ending discipline. The promoters will have so many competitors that they will make a substantial profit as well... and they would deserve it!

Do promoters force people to use drugs? Nope. No one is forcing them to do it besides the competitors themselves. Your delusional thoughts of another organization is laughable at best.

IL WNBF Pro
04-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Gary runs a fast show, that's all. The stage is too small to get more than 6 competitors on it; the pump room SUCKS for lighting and no pump equipment and the damn carnival mirrors he leans against the wall (distorts image terribly). And in '08, he arbitrarily decided to combine the women's LW and MW class, when there were 6 MW and 9 LW. My wife got ripped off from a first place trophy because she was the highest placed LW at 7th, and all the MW women coming in 1st - 6th. I don't care if there was only 1 fucking MW woman. You don't make last minute changes like that at the national level.

If he combines one class this year, I'll file a formal complaint. That's just bullshit!

Do I have enough cred to complain like that???

The whole combining of classes is bullshit. They did that my first pro show to "even out the classes". There were 20 guys...and instead of following the three classes as promoted, they combined into light and heavy weight. There were guys 173lbs competing against a guy who was 200lbs. That makes NO sense.

They did the same thing my last pro show.....only this time is was prize money. They took money from 2nd and 3rd place and added it to the overall prize. BULLSHIT!!! I got 4th....would have been nice to have a 4th place prize.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Last year there were 4 Over 70s and one Over 80. Gary combined them for brevity sake but made sure the Over 80 man was singled out, got his 1st place trophy/title. If this years Over 60 quality is the same as last year (not so overwhelming) I would love the 60s and 70s be combined and pose down for the Pro Card.

I have competed in a lot worse stages and back rooms than the set up in Pittsburgh. One example...The AAU Mr. USA at the Trump Plaza Atlantic City had a huge stage but the worlds smallest warm up area some 3' wide X 50' long. You could hardly turn around. The entire area was covered with plastic sheets and dudes were slipping and falling over each other. A freakin mess. You could see us falling into the stage curtain from behind the athletes. Damn comedy act.

Baldie

esplendido
04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
My take is (in further explanation) that the promoter has the trophies purchased, friends and neighbors have come to see the competitor compete and do well, and the competitor has done the work to compete in a specific class. Shortening an evening show by the 5 minutes it takes to present the top 5 and trophies is not worth what a competitor counts on and trains all year for. Yes, in Masters classes in regional shows, I've seen them combine age groups (even in prejudging) but still divided the ages in the judging and trophy presentation.

Interestingly, if you enter late, it costs you more. If you break any rules (suit types, illegal poses, etc) you're counted down or disqualified. But the promoter can change the whole protocol of a show for HIS benefit without penalty. I think the NPC should include in their contract to license the show that the promoter MUST adhere to the published competition structure. I might suggest that to Mr. Manion......

Oldsuperman
04-09-2010, 03:17 AM
First of all, promoters make very little money. Lucky to make minimum wage at the most and if it wasn't for the volunteers, most shows wouldn't stand a chance in hell making it happen. A few large show make good money, The Emerald Cup, The Arnold, Nationals, Jr Nationals, No. Am's, USA's and the IFBB pro shows do well. The NPC? They make a shit load of ca$$.

Far as Masters Nationals go, the first year I went, 2007, was awful. It was crowed everywhere and lasted well into wee hours of the morning. Well after 1AM I think. Yet, the venue was by far the best I've ever been to. The hotel took unbelievable care of us. Gary and his staff where caring and hospitable and took care of your every need.

Last year he and his staff again were wonderful as well as the hotel. The pump room was organized and roomy. The show started earlier and ended before midnight as I recall. Except for my shitty performance, I thought it was a great show run well.

I'd say less then 1/2 the comps I've attended had any equipment in the pump room and IMO all you need is a good set of bands, a towel and a good buddy to do back pulls to fire up the lats.

I have not problems with the orders of the competitors as well. I used to compete in Masters and Open several years ago. Try that! Masters on stage at 7:30 and again, Open Heavy at 9:30.

I feel quite fortunate that promoters would even bother putting on these events! It's a labor of love, not of wealth for sure.

Far as the OP goes. He, or she IMO is a FV(KING IDIOT TROLL. And Mr. IL WNBF Pro.... you were taken in by this trolls antics.... Hmmmm you like the NPC? Just asking? ;)

IL WNBF Pro
04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Far as the OP goes. He, or she IMO is a FV(KING IDIOT TROLL. And Mr. IL WNBF Pro.... you were taken in by this trolls antics.... Hmmmm you like the NPC? Just asking? ;)

Yeah...I probably was. I dont have anything really against the NPC. I went the WNBF route because I wanted to take my competition "career" farther than I could in the NPC. There was NO WAY I would ever turn "pro" competing in the NPC. Now, perhaps if I were to supplement correctly...:yep:

joedemarco
04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Gary and the hotel do a great job taking care of the competitors. Is it crowded, hot, and no equipment in the pump up room? Absolutely. Do I care about any of that when I compete? Not really. I don't concern myself with that bullshit. I just stay focused and deal with the battle at hand. Give me a band and a towel to pump up with and I'm fine. I will always find a spot to do my thing and get prepared to go on stage.

Last September, at Team U, the venue was friggin packed. You couldn't move. It was hot and muggy. I didn't even give a shit. I stayed up stairs, literally on the top of a stairwell, stayed focused and came down when it was my time to get on stage.

I'm not gonna train all year for a contest and then lose my composure just because a venue is crowded or a weight class is combined. Sorry to sound cocky, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm kicking ass no matter what happens.

esplendido
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I've competed in dozens and dozens of shows, and promoted several in the 80"s, from small to large. It is true, that your basic local and even some State level shows run in the red for a couple of years until the promoter builds the show and learns how to run it.

Gary Udit, however, makes an ass-load of money off the MN's and the NA's. He has the rights to several of the top am shows, along with Manion, the big shows that DO make money.

I agree that having the show and the hotel together, and how the hotel caters to the bbers is extremely nice, but I disagree with no pump equipment, lousy mirrors and lighting, and the small-ass stage. All that can be remedied at little cost to Gary and make the NATIONAL experience what it should be.

axioma
04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
I understand the "here to kick ass" mentality and all...however going to compete in MN may be a once in a lifetime deal for me. So, you want to experience to be great. The competitors and what their needs are should be paramount. I competed as a triathlete for years and was always blown away by the concern given to the competitors...all the money came from entry fees, no tickets are sold. The promoters made less, however gave more...just sayin.

Oldsuperman
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
NO WAY I would ever turn "pro" competing in the NPC. Now, perhaps if I were to supplement correctly...:yep:

Like Dave Goodwin????:)

Oldsuperman
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not gonna train all year for a contest and then lose my composure just because a venue is crowded or a weight class is combined. Sorry to sound cocky, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm kicking ass no matter what happens.:yep: PERSICLLY!!!! The rest of you are bullshitters that would wine if you sheet weren't tucked correctly on your bed.. For god sakes take a chill pill!

I've competed in dozens and dozens of shows, and promoted several in the 80"s, from small to large. It is true, that your basic local and even some State level shows run in the red for a couple of years until the promoter builds the show and learns how to run it.

Gary Udit, however, makes an ass-load of money off the MN's and the NA's. He has the rights to several of the top am shows, along with Manion, the big shows that DO make money.

I agree that having the show and the hotel together, and how the hotel caters to the bbers is extremely nice, but I disagree with no pump equipment, lousy mirrors and lighting, and the small-ass stage. All that can be remedied at little cost to Gary and make the NATIONAL experience what it should be.

I don't know what "an ass load of money is" to you, yet to me it's not enough to even consider promoting that show. Next... Mirrors?? Lighting? You're just to big and tall! Lose some fat and come in leaner next time, and you'll see you'll fit just fine! :p

HeavyDutyGuy
04-09-2010, 01:27 PM
:yep: PERSICLLY!!!! The rest of you are bullshitters that would wine if you sheet weren't tucked correctly on your bed.. For god sakes take a chill pill!

I don't know what "an ass load of money is" to you, yet to me it's not enough to even consider promoting that show. Next... Mirrors?? Lighting? You're just to big and tall! Lose some fat and come in leaner next time, and you'll see you'll fit just fine! :p
PERSICALLY?? ? ..? the backstage is ok with me. the lack of weights is absurd though. I dont even worry about the fun house mirrors- too late to worry about what I look then. ..If I dont have it when I walk out of the elevator doors., I dont have it- too late to worrry. doesnt matter at that point. not even gooing to pump up backstage this year. They keep you waiting much longer than they say anyway.. Bring some bands-extra strength...

esplendido
04-09-2010, 03:03 PM
You're just to big and tall! Lose some fat and come in leaner next time, and you'll see you'll fit just fine! :p

I'll just have to submerse and make sure I'm 3.1% BF before hitting the stage! God, I hope you're a superheavy!;)

esplendido
04-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, Sir Pro.....I'm guessing that if your class was combined with the next weight class up and you lost to a few of the bigger boys, you'd have a different opinion....but you natural guys a "naturally" arrogant anyway. Good luck in kicking ass in the NPC!

You badass, mutherfucka's, take-no-prisoner-kiss-my-ass types are close to my heart. But I would still put a damn good show on with the athlete's needs in mind as well as the audience's. And I'd pocket less to do it. So, in the words of Kid Rock, "Suck My Cock!"

IL WNBF Pro
04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, Sir Pro.....I'm guessing that if your class was combined with the next weight class up and you lost to a few of the bigger boys, you'd have a different opinion....but you natural guys a "naturally" arrogant anyway. Good luck in kicking ass in the NPC!

You badass, mutherfucka's, take-no-prisoner-kiss-my-ass types are close to my heart. But I would still put a damn good show on with the athlete's needs in mind as well as the audience's. And I'd pocket less to do it. So, in the words of Kid Rock, "Suck My Cock!"

Umm...a different opinion of what? We are naturally arrogant?

The Thinker
04-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Yeah, I'm new to the sport. I only go back to the early 80s.

What is clear is you didn't understand my point. I didn't agree or disagree with your position. I just didn't agree with your first post being such a negative message. Hell, introduce yourself first so we can understand where you are coming from AND THEN start bringing up issues.

The Thinker
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I met Steve Downs for the first time at a WNBF show and voiced immediate concerns about how the whole Dave Goodin situation was handled. Mycredibility was that I was a competitor in the organization who was paying my dues and was supporting the organization by competing as well as having family be in attendance (thus paying for the show). Whats hard with posting is that we dont get the true tone of the poster. Sure the end of the post seemed agressive, but the opening was simple questioning. Regardingpeople jumping in with this...out of 11 posts....there are only 5 people (excluding OP) talking in the thread. Three of the five have made multiple posts. If this page were 2 - 3 pages I could see your point. You and Baldie really didnt like the post he/she made...but failed to really point out if you agree or disagree with the actual content.

Sorry if I sound like a total asshole....little stressed....I just wanted to say that I feel for this person. I cant count how many times I have been at a show where they tell us we will be on stage in X minutes...only to have that time come and go because of the bikini or figure. I dont knock figure or bikini...just wish there was a better adherence to timeline.

Again, sorry Drive...

It's all good. I don't take it personal and respect your views. You didn't sound like an asshole either.

esplendido
04-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Umm...a different opinion of what? We are naturally arrogant?

Sorry...lumping all the pros here into one retort....LOL! Joe was bragging on kicking ass no matter what...etc.

IT'S ALL GOOD, GUYS! There's a little cock measuring going on here....and that's what we do! It's the heart of competition...to be the top dog. Super, Demarco, Pro.....you guys make this gig colorful and interesting....as well as Baldie, the ADD poster child of bodybuilding. That's why this forum is heating up and getting a lot of attention. IT's GOOD CHIT!!! :yep:

joedemarco
04-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry if you take my remarks are "bragging". Didn't mean to come across that way. My point is that I don't waste energy whining and complaining about contest conditions. It doesn't do you any good. Do some of these promoters suck? Yes. Do I enjoy being in shows that run into the wee hours of the night cause they have 300 figure competitors going on before the bodybuilders? Of course I don't enjoy it.

I have just learned to not waste energy complaining. You have to just deal with the conditions, promoters, etc and do what you came there to do...which, as I said early, is to kick ass.

It's all good "chit" to me too...:)

It would be a boring forum if we didn't have all the opinionated (in a good way), knowledgable and interesting members that we have.

IL WNBF Pro
04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry if you take my remarks are "bragging". Didn't mean to come across that way. My point is that I don't waste energy whining and complaining about contest conditions. It doesn't do you any good. Do some of these promoters suck? Yes. Do I enjoy being in shows that run into the wee hours of the night cause they have 300 figure competitors going on before the bodybuilders? Of course I don't enjoy it.

I have just learned to not waste energy complaining. You have to just deal with the conditions, promoters, etc and do what you came there to do...which, as I said early, is to kick ass.

It's all good "chit" to me too...:)

It would be a boring forum if we didn't have all the opinionated (in a good way), knowledgable and interesting members that we have.

I do have to say....it is nice "eye candy" to have them backstage....I dare ANYONE to disagree with me. Not taking anything away from their hard work...or anything...just simply saying...well, you know.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-09-2010, 07:37 PM
"Baldie, the ADD poster child of bodybuilding"

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

I actually have a tear on my cheek from laughing.....oh my God is that funny.

Baldie

Curt James
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM

A great emcee can make a world of difference at a show. Wish more would take the time to meet with the competitors and get the name pronunciations down pat.

:bowdown: Bill Grant is one who does a fantastic job.

His focus is on the competitors and not on himself.

Sandpig
04-12-2010, 06:20 AM
A great emcee can make a world of difference at a show. Wish more would take the time to meet with the competitors and get the name pronunciations down pat.

:bowdown: Bill Grant is one who does a fantastic job.

His focus is on the competitors and not on himself.

Well, because as a former competitor he has respect for the athletes.

I've see a lot of MC's that looked like they were just hired to do the job, including one well known radio personality here in Vegas.

She was the absolute worse. Had no clue what the hell was going on.

Hammerfit
04-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Gary and the hotel do a great job taking care of the competitors. Is it crowded, hot, and no equipment in the pump up room? Absolutely. Do I care about any of that when I compete? Not really. I don't concern myself with that bullshit. I just stay focused and deal with the battle at hand. Give me a band and a towel to pump up with and I'm fine. I will always find a spot to do my thing and get prepared to go on stage.

Last September, at Team U, the venue was friggin packed. You couldn't move. It was hot and muggy. I didn't even give a shit. I stayed up stairs, literally on the top of a stairwell, stayed focused and came down when it was my time to get on stage.

I'm not gonna train all year for a contest and then lose my composure just because a venue is crowded or a weight class is combined. Sorry to sound cocky, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm kicking ass no matter what happens.

Hoohray! Now that's what I'm talking about!