PDA

View Full Version : is my goal realistic?

mareck
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
right now i'm about 5'6" and 150 pounds. my goal for early to mid june is to weigh 170-175. i hit the weightroom twice a day on mondays and wednesdays(as required by my football/powerlifting coaches) to work on legs and back. on tuesdays and thursdays, i work on arms, chest, and shoulders. fridays are often cardio(playing football, running track etc.). i'm taking a serving of whey protein before and after workouts and i'm trying to keep my protein around 200 a day.

is there anything i should change for better gains, or is my goal unrealistic?

Youngguns
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
aim for 155. 25lbs in 2 months? Seriously?

Wiry Pyruvity
04-07-2010, 12:26 AM
ygs is right...25lbs would require 'assistance'

AVBG
04-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I'd be doing chin/pullups like they were going out of fashion if I were you.. You're at the age when doing such exercises can effect your bone structure.

mareck
04-07-2010, 12:36 AM
AVBG, if i do grow anymore, i'm only going to get an inch or two. I believe i'm as tall as i'm going to get, so i'm not all that worried about stunting my growth if that's what you mean about the bone structure, and i was reading muscle mag and they had an article that talked about Ronnie Coleman and Lee Haney and how they started lifting at 12 if i remember correctly. how badly could it effect my bone structure? and isn't this the prime time to grow muscle because of my test levels?

respectfully, Mareck

AVBG
04-07-2010, 12:39 AM
AVBG, if i do grow anymore, i'm only going to get an inch or two. I believe i'm as tall as i'm going to get, so i'm not all that worried about stunting my growth if that's what you mean about the bone structure, and i was reading muscle mag and they had an article that talked about Ronnie Coleman and Lee Haney and how they started lifting at 12 if i remember correctly. how badly could it effect my bone structure? and isn't this the prime time to grow muscle because of my test levels?

respectfully, Mareck

I was talking about your shoulder width kid.

Affecting it in a positive way.. Stretching exercises at an early enough age can broaden your structure.. Check out the physiques on male Olympic gymnasts.

Respectfully, AVBG

mareck
04-07-2010, 12:42 AM
oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me! i'll be sure to check that out too

AVBG
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
oh okay thanks for clearing that up for me! i'll be sure to check that out too

Do some research on what the late great Steve Reeves recommended.. By going back seeing what the old timers did, it can provide ideas that haven't been revisited in a while by the mags. Good luck.

Mr.Bones
04-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Maybe you can't, but if you think can't then you surely can't~

It is certainly possible.

ironwarrior22
04-07-2010, 01:49 AM
depends on how much of that weight you want to be muscle. Either way give it your all and keep your nose to the grind stone.

Ninja Loco
04-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I admire you, bro. Seriously. In all honesty, at your age its really hard to tell whether or not you have the genetics/what it takes physicaly to be a pro. BUT......you got the heart an desire AND the drive to do it right. You cant ask for more than that at your age. No....your goals are NOT unrealistic. Stick around, ask questions, read every journal that you can, learn about different body types and combinations thereof that are found here, and learn what they do and dont do. At your stage, just lift, eat, and learn. You've endeared yourself to a lot of us here so we're pullin for ya.

Silidons
04-07-2010, 01:58 AM
i could do that in a month.........about 24.5lbs of fat, though :)

ironwarrior22
04-07-2010, 01:59 AM
I admire you, bro. Seriously. In all honesty, at your age its really hard to tell whether or not you have the genetics/what it takes physicaly to be a pro. BUT......you got the heart an desire AND the drive to do it right. You cant ask for more than that at your age. No....your goals are NOT unrealistic. Stick around, ask questions, read every journal that you can, learn about different body types and combinations thereof that are found here, and learn what they do and dont do. At your stage, just lift, eat, and learn. You've endeared yourself to a lot of us here so we're pullin for ya.

word

mareck
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
thank all of you! i looked up Steve Reeves. he's a beast and i'll start doing his excercise regimine in one and a half days. i'm naturally a twig, so all the muscle i put on (except for my butt) is striated and i want as much muscle as possible. i hit the weights as hard as i can, but i'm limited to a highschool weightroom until my parents can afford a gym membership.

thanks for your support! and are there any natty supps that come cheap, have good results, and will pass a highschool drug test?

JamesWebb
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
thanks for your support! and are there any natty supps that come cheap, have good results, and will pass a highschool drug test?

i would stay away from everything that your at all worried about hitting on a drug test. your young bro, eat good food and lots of it. protein shakes, creatine, BCAA's and some multi vitamines are more than enough.

MusclesMarinara
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
i would stay away from everything that your at all worried about hitting on a drug test. your young bro, eat good food and lots of it. protein shakes, creatine, BCAA's and some multi vitamines are more than enough.

quoted for good advice...

dont waste your money on supplements that tell you theyll put on 30lbs of lean muscle (ie- almost all muscletech products) either. stick to whats stated above, push yourself and eat right and enough youll see great results. I wish i knew as much as I do know when i was as young as you. Wouldnt have wasted so much time and money (i got sucked into the celltech/nitrotech fad)

mareck
04-08-2010, 12:05 AM
alright thanks for saving me time and money! any tips on building an appetite? i try to eat a lot (mostly good stuff) but i'm never that hungry. i take whey mixed with BCAA's and vitamins, but i don't know which type of creatine to get, or where i can get it relatively cheap.

Youngguns
04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Don't give him false hope, he cannot NOT achieve those goals, you'd end up getting fat instead. Listen to me, I was you a few years ago, take it slow and steady.

alright thanks for saving me time and money! any tips on building an appetite? i try to eat a lot (mostly good stuff) but i'm never that hungry. i take whey mixed with BCAA's and vitamins, but i don't know which type of creatine to get, or where i can get it relatively cheap.
- start eating a proper breakfast and lifting hard, you'll get hungry

- Trueprotein.com's German creatine monohydrate

robofsteel
04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Don't give him false hope, he cannot NOT achieve those goals, you'd end up getting fat instead. Listen to me, I was you a few years ago, take it slow and steady.

- start eating a proper breakfast and lifting hard, you'll get hungry

- Trueprotein.com's German creatine monohydrate

What are you talking about "false hopes"? I have a 15 yr old son that was 186 in Dec of 09 and is now 215. No anabolics! He eats 4 solid food meals and 3 Isolyze/Carbolyze/Mac nut oil shakes per day. Thats 29lbs. He is far from fat. Look at the Squat Off video!

anabolic fyre
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
25lbs of muscle at ur age is actually not an impossible task, you just gotta get on the gear, stuff ur face like never before, lift hard and 2 months is plenty. You'll get the first cycle gains, the newbie gains, the young blood gains, and the i never ate this much in my life before gains. Do it uppp mangggg

AVBG
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
25lbs of muscle at ur age is actually not an impossible task, you just gotta get on the gear, stuff ur face like never before, lift hard and 2 months is plenty. You'll get the first cycle gains, the newbie gains, the young blood gains, and the i never ate this much in my life before gains. Do it uppp mangggg

That's seriously bad advice.

anabolic fyre
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
That's seriously bad advice.

Truee, but he wants to know how to gain the 25 lbs, this in my opinion is the only way.

MusclesMarinara
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Especially at your age, the more you eat, the easier it will get to eat. This is what happened to me. Also you should be pretty hungry after you work out.

A basic creatine monohydrate is fine. "BB.com" has some cheap creatine monohydrates.

mareck
04-09-2010, 12:16 AM
okay thanks! i should be swoller than ever in just a few months.

The Big Sexy
04-09-2010, 12:21 AM
ygs is right...25lbs would require 'assistance'

More like divine intervention... 2 months? Come on...

mr intensity
04-09-2010, 11:44 AM
if your goal is 25 pounds of muscle in two months , then i think its quiet unrealistic...
just think about it bro...
1.you wanna be 175 then eat 175 x 2 grams of protien each along with protien sparing nutrients.... so that your dietary protien is used exclusively for muscle building purposes...
2. train each week in such a way that you beat your previous weeks workout.

even for a beginer 25 pounds of lean muscle mass wud take around 8 to 12 months
( with the best training and diet routine).

i am not trying to discourage you...all i mean to say is give your best each day and see what happens....

gottabecool
04-09-2010, 02:03 PM

This x eleventy billion

miamibodybuilder
03-22-2011, 03:52 PM
to gain over 20lbs of lean muscle in 2 months is very unrealistic man. muscle growth is a very slow process. you always want quality gains not just weight gain, for that yeah you can gain 20lbs easily but it's not going to be muscle thats for sure. go for 2-3lbs of lean muscle in a few months, then continue to do it that way and you'll see that what you gain is solid muscle man. good luck

BC123Jm
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
25 lbs of body weight is doable, 25lbs of muscle, hell no.

i graduated high school at 145lbs it took me a long
time, hard work and pharmacutical assistance to get
to the 195lbs i am today.

any fool can blow up like a balloon. it takes years
to build a quality foundation.

cook
03-22-2011, 04:09 PM
This thread is a year old.I wonder if the kid did it.

BC123Jm
03-22-2011, 04:21 PM
This thread is a year old.I wonder if the kid did it.

lol. didnt even notice that. kid probably gave up training.

phrikshin
03-25-2011, 01:16 PM
People were so pessimistic on this thread. Casey Viator gained 60lbs of muscle (lost like 20lbs of fat in the process, so like 40 total lbs gained) in a month, granted he was/is clearly a genetic freak, with the same willpower though im sure it could be repeated by a normal person.

On 2 seperate occasions ive managed to put on 10lbs of muscle in a month. 25 lbs of muscle in 2 months was certainly doable. Tho I highly doubt it would be possible to play football on training days with the amount of effort he would need to throw into the weight room.

Sieve
03-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I think you need to eat more and learn more about diet.

mareck
07-01-2011, 12:52 PM
i'm actually at a very lean 150 now and i'm a lot stronger than i was before. i'm suffering from a wrist injury right now, but have still made hundreds of pounds in gains in my lifts and still gaining. thanks everyone who was supportive!

cook
07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
i'm actually at a very lean 150 now and i'm a lot stronger than i was before. i'm suffering from a wrist injury right now, but have still made hundreds of pounds in gains in my lifts and still gaining. thanks everyone who was supportive!
Good for you man

Dadup
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
thats good to hear man, way to stick with it!