PDA

View Full Version : dietcoke on palumbo's diet?

InkedSwed
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
is this good or a no-no? far as i know it doesnt contain any carbs?

Youngguns
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/search.php

Myth
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
InkedSwed, why would you think it would be detrimental?

InkedSwed
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/search.php

i searched but did not really found anything

InkedSwed, why would you think it would be detrimental?

i don't think so, but the thought just came up in my head and i wanted to be on the safe side.

BigJD69
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't drink diet soda on any diet.

Youngguns
03-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I agree. Aspartame is an excitotoxin.... look it up.

Frosty
03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Healthy, no. Fine for the diet? Definitely.

Would I recommend drinking it every day for the rest of your life? Hell no, I think it should be limited. If you don't react to it, is it going to hurt you long term from using it for 16 weeks? I doubt it.

gman
03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
dave talks about drinking diet soda by the gallon in one of those sitting around the kitchen vids with evan on the unmentionable site.

From his diet, he specifically states:

"You can drink water, sugar-free drinks (diet soda), coffee, or tea with STEVIA BALANCE (no Equal or Splenda Packets)."

InkedSwed
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
yeah well its not that i drink 1,5 L / day. it more 1-2 glasses everyother day. keeps me motivated to have something sweet. pepsi max for the win :o

chucksm00th
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
go for it! Dave recommends Water and diet coke on his diet.

jjjohns_10
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Last time I dieted i drank tons of diet soda. It didn't effect getting the fat off, but i did notice a difference when I took my water out right before the show. When your drinking all that soda instead of water, your body doesn't react as good to water itself and hangs on to it. If you are going to drink it, if your body is anything like mine, I would recommend cutting it out of your diet at LEAST 4 weeks out so when it comes to show day, your as ripped as can be!

InkedSwed
03-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Last time I dieted i drank tons of diet soda. It didn't effect getting the fat off, but i did notice a difference when I took my water out right before the show. When your drinking all that soda instead of water, your body doesn't react as good to water itself and hangs on to it. If you are going to drink it, if your body is anything like mine, I would recommend cutting it out of your diet at LEAST 4 weeks out so when it comes to show day, your as ripped as can be!

well i'm not going to do a show or never have done, just getting shredded for the summer :) however thanks for the tip for the future ;)

tiramisu
03-12-2009, 08:42 AM
The shit isn't good for you but when you absolutely must have some flavour in your mouth it's better than pee.

bigdaddyd
03-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Diet soda can bloat your gut some making you feel full. When I am starving and it isn't time to eat (When I am dieting), I will drink a diet soda to hold me over. Dave clearly says it is ok. In fact, when he was doing my nutrition last year and I would ask him about my appetite, he told me to drink a diet soda

chucksm00th
03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
you dont have to cut out diet soda until the day b4 your show (if you were competeing) its just sodium and you only restrict it the day b4 a show regardless adny sooner restriction can only increase the chances of raising aldosterone levels which will make you hold on to more water becasue of the lack of sodium due to the restriction. Dave also says you can drink diet up til the day b4 a show.

Since your not doing a show enjoy the diet coke, but dont make it a staple over water...remember diet coke is calorie and sugar free, it conly contains a small amount of sodium.

MusclesMarinara
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
you can have diet drinks on the diet. 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 calories. its not the healthiest thing for you but its not gonna kill you

musclegoddess65
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I mix my diet soda, just about any flavor, with my Isopure Vanilla and Mac Nut Oil when I get home from the gym.. helps me feel full, gives me a nice caffeine boost, and hell, it makes plain ole Vanilla protein pretty damn good...

TPT
03-14-2009, 08:50 AM
coke zero or cherry coke zero is so damn helpful and tastes so good.