PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

LisaRD23
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Do you drink coffee duting contest prep?

I'm really not a big coffee drinker and I'd rather just pop a caffiene pill when I need a pick me up...but coffee seems to "fill" me up a bit when I'm hungry.

Do you think coffee should be eliminated, or 1-2 cups a day ok?

GirlyMuscle
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I couldn't diet without coffee. Two cups every morning and if I need it 1-2 cups in the afternoon if I'm starving, craving, or tired.

So yeah, in answer to your question, you should be fine with 1-2 cups a day.

Suzanne
04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
No prob with coffee in prep
I was encouraged to have coffee first thing in morning

~gymdiva~
04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
black coffee every day while prepping! I was even allowed it in b/w pre-j and finals since it acts as a diuretic....

sassy69
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
In some preps I've dropped everything but water, most others, its not mattered. Or I've switched over to green tea.

Melissa
04-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Coffee during prep is a beautiful thing. And if you want to make the black coffee a little more interesting without jeopardizing your diet, I'm a big fan of adding nutmeg and/or pumpkin spice, and a lot of stevia.

LisaRD23
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
What do you think about those new Slepnda Flavors for coffee?

SallyAnne
04-09-2010, 01:45 PM
What do you think about those new Splenda Flavors for coffee?

If you're not ketoing/counting carbs, I think it's ok. Each packet has about 1 carb.

I put protein powder in my coffee and make it one of my meals. BIG cup of coffee with either vanilla or chocolate protein.

SallyAnne
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
you can also use the sugar free flavored syrups - no calories/carbs/fat.

Lann1011
04-09-2010, 01:57 PM
LOVE coffee...

JillyRev
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
If you're not ketoing/counting carbs, I think it's ok. Each packet has about 1 carb.

I put protein powder in my coffee and make it one of my meals. BIG cup of coffee with either vanilla or chocolate protein.

HA! that is what i do every AM! big cup of coffee and w my powder:) SO YUMMY!!

i was crazy for coffee at one point, drinking like 6 big cups a day!! then got so sick of it and moved to green tea, but that was in my off season. i dont know how i could make it through without coffee while dieting... i usually have it in the afternoon between my meal 3 and 4...

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-09-2010, 02:31 PM

Fan-Freakin-Tastic!!!!!!!!

They also taste good on top of almond butter....If you mix egg whites with oats and cinnamon and cook like a pan cake and rub your serving of almond butter on top, the french vanilla flavored splenda adds to extra delight.....

04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
you can also use the sugar free flavored syrups - no calories/carbs/fat.

where do you find these? I usually use flavored liquid stevia.....

SallyAnne
04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
where do you find these? I usually use flavored liquid stevia.....

World Market has the biggest selection at the best prices (BIG bottles) - but Safeway and Fry's both carry the sugar free vanilla and sugar free hazelnut.

The brand is Torani.

http://www.torani.com/home

http://www.torani.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/flavor_detail//sites/default/files/SF_White_Chocolaate_0.png

sassy69
04-09-2010, 03:02 PM

I tried some of these & felt they had a weird fakey taste to them. Won't bother w/ them in the future. I do like the flavored liquid stevias.

stephaniewicked
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Dunkin Donuts Turbo Ice - black + 2 stevia = :love:

Can't live without it!!

fitbody
04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
What do you think about those new Splenda Flavors for coffee?

Dave says no splenda pkgs or syrups on his diets but stevia ok to use according to him
me i just tough out and go black
but i love my starbucks sugar free caramel syrup and skim milk in my coffee but today was my last day
tomorrow my prep starts
and it's ok to have coffee all way according to Dave

tammyp
04-10-2010, 06:56 AM
i always do a big mug w a dash of sf ff creamer and splenda. 10 cals in the creamer 1 x a day aint gonna matter.

fitmomma3
04-10-2010, 07:34 AM
I WISH I could convince myself to like coffee I just can't.... it's like the perfect little pick me up thats pretty much as natural as it comes... but I don't like it.

SallyAnne
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Dave says no splenda pkgs or syrups on his diets but stevia ok to use according to him
me i just tough out and go black
but i love my starbucks sugar free caramel syrup and skim milk in my coffee but today was my last day
tomorrow my prep starts
and it's ok to have coffee all way according to Dave

yep - I use the hell out of those syrups on the off season and it's hard going to black coffee in prep. Like Sassy said - the stevia flavored liquid is a pretty good substitution.

04-10-2010, 02:24 PM
yep - I use the hell out of those syrups on the off season and it's hard going to black coffee in prep. Like Sassy said - the stevia flavored liquid is a pretty good substitution.

The chocolate and vanilla flavored stevia is so universal you can use it in your oats too.....

Carolyn Bryant
04-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Had to give it up. Just one cup was over stimulating my CNS and causing lumps in my breast. Decaf only. I have every flavor they make. Tastes pretty good. Keto or not I'm using splenda or stevia and creamer. Just sayin'.

Lann1011
04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I stopped using my fat free creamer cause it had a few carbs.... I really don't like the stevia balance, it tastes kind of bitter to me,,,

SweetCapri
04-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Had to give it up. Just one cup was over stimulating my CNS and causing lumps in my breast. Decaf only. I have every flavor they make. Tastes pretty good. Keto or not I'm using splenda or stevia and creamer. Just sayin'.
Nice avatar!

SweetCapri
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I am NOTHING without coffee during contest prep...I drink it black, with one or 2 splendas but when I'm close enough I don't add anything to it.

LisaRD23
04-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Made my own coolatta today.

1cup coffee
1 scoop chocolate whey
1/2 scoop vanilla whey
lots of ice
Blend

It was a nice "treat" on a Sunday afternoon:)