PDA

View Full Version : ~ WWE Last night in London!! ~

~Maz~
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
~ Awesome Miz Steal the Show!! ~

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01023/miz_2_682x400_1023683a.jpg

WORKING IT ON THE MIC ... Bret Hart listens as Miz runs his mouth

HERE'S a sentence most wrestling fans never thought they would see: Last night in London, The Miz was the most entertaining act on WWE Raw.
And not just any episode of Raw — but one that featured both the WWE's world champions, both No1 contenders and the legends that are The Hoff and The Hitman.
When Mike Mizanin first entered Tough Enough in 2004, he came off as the US equivalent of Jeff Brazier — a serial reality TV wannabe desperate for a shot of fame.
But in the six years since he was runner-up to Daniel Puder, Miz has improved every single week to the point he is now one of the main reasons to tune in each Monday night.
And his rise is living proof that people who are lifelong wrestling fans often make the best wrestlers.
This week's Raw was his greatest moment yet, thanks to a segment with Bret Hart in which Miz came off as the bigger star.
He has the great heel quality so often missing since the days of Ravishing Rick Rude and Mr Perfect, of really believing he is the best — even claiming with a straight face that he and Big Show are the greatest tag team of all time.
Hart came out to a huge ovation to say, actually, the Hart Foundation and British Bulldogs were just two superior teams from the past — before getting hit with a couple of zingers.
Miz told him: "I guess David Hasselhoff isn't the only 90s icon who is completely delusional.
"If we were in your era I'd put a Sharpshooter on you faster than you can put a pair of cheap sunglasses on an ugly kid."
To top off a great night, Miz then defeated Dave Boy's son DH Smith in a good bout, so that next week Hart has to admit that ShowMiz are indeed the best duo in WWE history.
The rest of Raw was your standard fare in the new PG era.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01023/hoff_1_380x223_1023684a.jpg

IN THE CHAIR ... guest host David Hasselhoff

If you are a big fan of DQ finishes, meaningless title changes and cringeworthy comedy, then you'd have loved it.
For us purists, there is still something missing.
Most obviously missing in action were the Brits. William Regal was shunted to the Superstars dark match held before the commentators even came out, while the gorgeous Katie Lea didn't even make it that far.
In a day when the WWE's women are as interchangeable as the belts they hold, why have Eve Torres win the Divas championship in the Raw opener when Lea could have got the huge hometown pop and made the gold really mean something given the same opportunity?
Also, while the London crowd seemed to eat up Hasselhoff, there was something that really grated us about him.
Without the aid of a fast forward button, it just reminded us how bad the guests hosts can be as they mix insincere and unconvincing wrestling talk with cheesy chat.
Still, having Knight Rider car Kitt there was cool and we enjoyed seeing Divas in Baywatch outfits — even if it was just a prelude to the usual Hornswoggle/Santino skit.
Our final complaint was the match finishes.
It's certainly not limited to WWE, but Paul Heyman's golden rule of always having a winner and a loser in each wrestling match seems to be totally ignored in today's business.
WWE even chartered a jet to fly Jack Swagger in from a Nottingham Smackdown event so he could come out for the DQ in an otherwise cracking main event between Randy Orton, the newly announced No1 contender for his belt, and Dave Batista.
Raw champ John Cena sent everyone home happy though — quickly beating Batista in a post-show non-televised bout then posing with a young fan who had managed to dodge security.
Don't forget, people didn't rate Cena once either.

HammerStrength12
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
They shoulda gave William Regal a title shot!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 01:22 PM
You cannot Hassel the Hoff.

~gymdiva~
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
hell yeah Maz78 in my forum! wooooooooooo!

man we have all the sexies in the fighting forums now ;)

~gymdiva~
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
(p.s. who was the source for that post?)

~Maz~
04-13-2010, 01:40 PM
~ The Sun newspaper UK!! It's quite good at keeping up to date on all things Wrestling on this side of the pond!!~

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2930402/Awesome-Miz-steals-the-show-as-WWE-Raw-hits-London.html

~gymdiva~
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
they do post some great stuff! I always envy how their media will cover it and our's won't...unless there's a death of course....then it's all about that drug spin....

~Maz~
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM
~ They actually had a live play by play on Wrestlemania with live chat, i'm sorry i missed yours!! :o It wasn't until the next day that i realized you were doing one too!! Next time there is a main event i might be able to help you out!! ~ :hmn:

(and maybe send you a link to watching it live on line) :shhh:

~gymdiva~
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
:hugme:

Sandpig
04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
our's won't...unless there's a death of course....then it's all about that drug spin....

Ain't that the truth!

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I refuse to ever say that line. I hate the Mi......I cant even say that stupid name. I hate him, cant stand him, he sucks. Period. If this is the best they got Im almost glad I dont have much time to watch it anymore.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
I refuse to ever say that line. I hate the Mi......I cant even say that stupid name. I hate him, cant stand him, he sucks. Period. If this is the best they got Im almost glad I dont have much time to watch it anymore.

Come on, friend. Say it... the Chick Magnet is awesome. :)

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Fuck him.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 02:50 PM
LOL!!! Well, he may still need plenty of work, but he has come along rather well... but the character is what is the draw. Gymdiva was mentioning in another thread, commenting on the greats in wrestling moving on, and that there are fewer and fewer left, with no one to take the spots when they all go. I said I thought Punk could possibly be a new future great... not like Piper, Hart, or HBK of course... but great still. And in thinking about it, I came to add Randy Orton to the list. I can add The Miz to it too.

Unlike Hart, who had the technical skill, and HBK, who had the flash and charisma, The Miz is really working this character, and personality goes a long way in this, as I know you know. After all, Stone Cold was not great mat technician... but he is never going to be remembered for his wrestling. :D

Sandpig
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
I think eventually Randy Orton will be the best out of this current group.

BlackKusanagi
04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Orton's looking like it. No denying that.

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
No, he never will. Look....at least someone like William Regal had a schtick to make his annoying character work. Mitzy doesnt even have that, he's just plain annoying. Annoying as fuck.

I cried when Eddie died. Literaly. I still give him a moment of respect on his anniversary and his birthday.

I will be deeply saddened the day Undertaker retires.

I will light a candle when Triple H retires

And I might even just give up when Batista goes.

I see no one else in the horizon going to their level. They crossed over to adults and kids alike. These new...."wrestlers".....are a joke. Mitzy the biggest amongst them. Fuck all they need to do is bring back Xpac and that other idiot Billy Kidman and make it a threesome.

Sandpig
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
No, he never will. Look....at least someone like William Regal had a schtick to make his annoying character work. Mitzy doesnt even have that, he's just plain annoying. Annoying as fuck.

I cried when Eddie died. Literaly. I still give him a moment of respect on his anniversary and his birthday.

I see no one else in the horizon going to their level. They crossed over to adults and kids alike. These new...."wrestlers".....are a joke. Mitzy the biggest amongst them. Fuck all they need to do is bring back Xpac and that other idiot Billy Kidman and make it a threesome.
Xpac is in TNA currently.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 03:14 PM

I am thinking that is his schtick. Think about it... anyone who is that arrogant, that self-serving and self aggrandizing... it is nothing but annoying. And as you put it, that is what he is. So it is working.

But we are definitely looking at the last of a dying breed with the veterans in the current roster. Even when some of the younger guys rise up and take their rightful place, it will never be the same. But I still think they have something to show us.

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I hear you...honestly. Or I should say hear what you're trying to say. But i dont buy annoyance for annoyance sake. Carlito....Regal.... The whole Right to Censor... even Melina, Ice, and Mighty Molly ...all were annoying. But they had something else. Anything, just something. Mizzy doesnt have shit.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I hear you...honestly. Or I should say hear what you're trying to say. But i dont buy annoyance for annoyance sake. Carlito....Regal.... The whole Right to Censor... even Melina, Ice, and Mighty Molly ...all were annoying. But they had something else. Anything, just something. Mizzy doesnt have shit.

Can you expand on this? I mean, I understand what you are getting at. But I guess it is hard to put a concrete trait to the names.

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Can you expand on this? I mean, I understand what you are getting at. But I guess it is hard to put a concrete trait to the names.
Im afraid I cant. I can cite examples and shit but thats about it. Its just a "feel". They're annoying characters were never one dimensional, not even Carlito. I will admit that it might be touch of resentment on my part. I would have made a good team mate to Rey....in short (no pun intended) they told me Im too small and then they accept "THAT". Get the fuck out of here. GET the fuck out of here.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Understood.

I think Miz's it cannot be properly defined yet. Regal played on the aristocracy to the letter, and always made it a point to let the people know that he was better than them. And you got tired of hearing about it.

RTC's thing was that they knew everything, and that the people knew nothing, and it was shown in everything that they did by way of the straightforward matter-of-fact way that they conducted themselves... as if to say, "it does not matter what you want or say... we want it this way!". And you got tired of hearing about it.

The only thing that Miz does is keep talking about himself.

And you get tired of hearing about it.

Ninja Loco
04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Ever think of trying out? Seriously.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Ever think of trying out? Seriously.

I did at one point. But I have outgrown that. I will be 35-years-old this year. I think that is far too old to try to START in the ring.

fatbackgoal
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I think the problem now is that they try to "force" guys into being a superstar. When you stop and think about the names we are mentioning they all have one thing in common..they came up threw the ranks of working the various wrestling areas in the country which gave them a chance to build their craft. You look at Sheamus and Drew McIntyre and I say "what did they deserve to get that pop?". Maybe it is part of getting older but give me Gordon Solie in a high school gym with 2 cameras over all this stuff now.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I think the problem now is that they try to "force" guys into being a superstar. When you stop and think about the names we are mentioning they all have one thing in common..they came up threw the ranks of working the various wrestling areas in the country which gave them a chance to build their craft. You look at Sheamus and Drew McIntyre and I say "what did they deserve to get that pop?". Maybe it is part of getting older but give me Gordon Solie in a high school gym with 2 cameras over all this stuff now.

That is a great point. No one has to work for anything now. Guys used to go all over the country making a name for themselves everywhere, and when they were done, they would go to Mexico and Japan and pick up new stuff to add to their arsenal. These guys now? Honestly, I have no idea what they are doing... but they sure as hell are not paying the long dues.

Do you think they started to lose their bigger, more stable draws faster than they anticipated, and need to try to regain some ground in a hurry with new blood? Or, perhaps the economy is making them look to newer, flashier talent to bring in money faster or the company?

Whatever it is, their sense of urgency to produce is not doing them any good.