PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Day

MikeS
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
or Shrove Tuesday whichever you call it...is approaching (on the 24th Feb this year). So I thought it'd be cool to have people post up their pancake recipes!!! I have never cooked pancakes, but will try this year. Since I do not want to blow my diet, I refuse to use a ready made 'mixture' especially since there is no nutritional info on the package.

Looking at recipes I will probably try:

4oz/112g Plain Flour
2 Med Eggs
7fl oz/210 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
3fl oz/90 ml Water
Olive Oil Spray (we used Fry Light*)

I will probably use egg whites instead of whole eggs to lower the fat content.

more details here: http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/recipes/low_fat/basic-pancake-batter.htm

and I will top with sugar free chocolate syrup :D

I think pancakes are popular in the states? So there must be some good 'healthy' recipes flying around?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Pancakes_shrove_tuesday.jpg

POST UP! :p

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
oh my... that looks insane! Did you ever try it with cottage cheese instead of milk? And do you ever add protein powder?

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
When I am dieting I use
Egg whites
Vanilla Protein powder (or chocolate)
Stevia
Cinnamon (if chocolate protein powder I add Peanut Butter)
a touch of salt
and butter spay
If you do not follow a ketogenic diet you can add oats & blue berries or a banana too!

JamesWebb
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
ive always been a huge fan of the standard protein pancake recipe
1cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 whole eggs
1 scoop protien powder
some cinimon and a banana if your diet can afford it.

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Have you ever tried that calorie-free Walden Farms syrup? I am scared to try it when I am dieting, but I am considering maybe trying it for the first time since I am offseason...

robert da strongman
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
bisquick...only cuz i am lazy.

any recommendations for lo carbs?

Joshua H
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
ive always been a huge fan of the standard protein pancake recipe
1cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 whole eggs
1 scoop protien powder
some cinimon and a banana if your diet can afford it.

Let this recipe never be lost as long as bodybuilding is alive. You cant beat the classic oatmeal pancake!

Joshua H
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z210/oregonpanthers/HugePancake.jpg

I get these every Sunday after church when the family goes for brunch. Its me weekly cheat meal. I use very little syrup on them because you really do not need to nore want to! There that good. One is cornmeal and one is whole grain. Each weighs 10oz and is 8 inches across. Heaven!!!

MikeS
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I've never cooked these before so it will be the first time! Since my diet is low fat and high carbs I will keep the fat content down and use milk instead of cottage cheese! I will probably use fruit&yogurth as a topping and have ordered some WF sugar free chocoalte syrup :D