PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Question

apex23
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I went to my blood taken the other day and I was taking 50 mcg of cytomel(that was a week ago). This last week I tapered down to 25 mcg and plan on coming off completely tommorrow.

How long until it is back to normal, since I was only taking it for a month

The Wolf
03-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I took t3 for 7 months and did a test 2 months after the course and it came out normal, so yours should be a lot quicker.

Tatyana
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Thyroxine does not necessarily suppress the thyroid. With medical use, the idea is to get the dose such that it doesn't do this. 50 mcg is not a huge dose.

Again, in clinical practice it takes one month to notice a difference, so I would assume recovery is similar.

apex23
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I took t3 for 7 months and did a test 2 months after the course and it came out normal, so yours should be a lot quicker.

How much were you taking?

The Wolf
03-12-2009, 06:39 AM
I peaked on 125mcg.

apex23
03-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I have heard of some guys taking 100 mcg and stopping cytomel cold turkey. However, I think that might be a recipe for disaster.

The Wolf
03-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I followed Daves advice and on my last week I was on half a tablet a day so I pyramided down. You just got a be a bit carefull with what you eat for a couple weeks. The problem is that most people stop t3 after there contest diet and then binge like no tomorow. So you have to ask youself is it the binging or the t3 thats causing such a rebound.

apex23
03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Have you heard of anyone using anything to jumpstart their thyroid levels?

I know Iodine plays a key role, but you can not drink Iodine. Isn't Iodine found in Kelp?

I had a guy tell me to try 7 keto dhea after taking T-3....

RazorRipped
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM

I know Iodine plays a key role, but you can not drink Iodine. Isn't Iodine found in Kelp?

Look dude, at 50 mcg for 4 weeks, your thyroid will be back to normal in a few days.

You suffer from OVER ANALYZER syndrome. Long term, that will literally ruin you!

Tatyana
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Most table salt has iodine in it.

The other component of thyroxine is the amino acid tyrosine.

A deficiency in these two components is rare outside the third world, or if you are an alchoholic living on non-dairy creamers.

RR, LOL!

You are very correct.

I have been on 50 mcg/day and it has JUST shifted my fT4 into the normal range and had no effect on my TSH, which is what people would worry about being suppressed.

Seriously, the difference 50 mcg/day made was minimal.

I am taking it as I do have a medical reason as I was diagnosed being hypothyroid, but I have learned so much more about thyroid function and thyroxine.

It may be a bit different as you have a normal thyroid gland, but I don't see it being that different.