PDA

View Full Version : Me at 7 weeks out

Luka Treska
03-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I started dieting monday, March 9th. This is something I did just to see the progress from week to week. Feedback is appreciated.

ESflV-7u5fI

flexingtonsteele
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
post this in the contest prep section you'll probably get more help there.

stavios
03-12-2009, 12:33 AM
looking good man, good luck for your prep

Carlos Godoy
03-12-2009, 12:43 AM
very good, when your wheel get more ripped, will be great
congrats

Spauldo
03-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Looking good bro. Now if you had some color on ya then I think it would look even better.

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking of posting it in the contest prep but I don't post there so I didn't know how it was. I agree, I do need to tan. For the last 9-10 months I've been working nights, so I miss out on the sun. Fucking vampire lol.

sturrific
03-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Start tanning in the nest 3 weeks so that your color looks good. There is nothing worse than try to look good on stage and you are 2 colors!

sturrific
03-12-2009, 01:22 AM
PS: what show are you doing

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm doing the Stratford, Ontario. No worries, I tan pretty fast, I still have 7 weeks to go.

47ronin
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Maybe an area rug in front of the couch?

danger
03-12-2009, 01:35 AM
^^that was pretty funny.

good luck at your show.

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Hahaha, I was actually standing on the rug. It's in the middle of the room.

Por2gue
03-12-2009, 03:17 AM
What are your stats?

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I am 200lbs, 5'6, just turned 22 today lol. I don't know what my bf is. I don't do measurements either, lol don't want to be heartbroken.

Scoobysnacks
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Really nice shape in the front double bi and lat spread. Back looks a little shallow though. Side chest is also nice pose for you.

At 7 weeks though you look behind to me. Id like to see more cuts and thin skinned look at 7 weeks, but maybe you cut up quickly. was there a reason you waited until Marh 9th to start dieting? Did you just decide to do the show last minute or do you normally only require 8 weeks to get ready?

Good luck to you.

What type of diet you doing?

Ss

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks bro, I completely agree, I'm doing everything I can to bring more thickness to my back. The funny thing is, I always thought front DB was my worst pose, but I'm learning to do it better.

I am a bit behind but to be honest, I lean out fast so I'm not too concerned. If I don't like the way I look by 3 weeks out, I just won't do this show and compete a month later or so.

I usually take about 10 weeks to get ready, but I had a lot of work to do this year so I was left with 7 weeks to diet.

My diet right now is basically: 6 meals a day, each meal has 50-60g of protein. I have about 60-80g of carbs with the first 4 meals and protein and fat with the last 2 meals. On days that I don't train, I substitute most carbs with veggies.

The food I'm using is: tilapia, chicken breast, orange roughy, shrimp, tuna steaks, whole eggs (omega3), whey isolate. For carbs: cream of wheat, oats.

Scoobysnacks
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks bro, I completely agree, I'm doing everything I can to bring more thickness to my back. The funny thing is, I always thought front DB was my worst pose, but I'm learning to do it better.

I am a bit behind but to be honest, I lean out fast so I'm not too concerned. If I don't like the way I look by 3 weeks out, I just won't do this show and compete a month later or so.

I usually take about 10 weeks to get ready, but I had a lot of work to do this year so I was left with 7 weeks to diet.

My diet right now is basically: 6 meals a day, each meal has 50-60g of protein. I have about 60-80g of carbs with the first 4 meals and protein and fat with the last 2 meals. On days that I don't train, I substitute most carbs with veggies.

The food I'm using is: tilapia, chicken breast, orange roughy, shrimp, tuna steaks, whole eggs (omega3), whey isolate. For carbs: cream of wheat, oats.

Looks good bro, good luck to you, and PLEASE keep us posted with vid or pics.

HERC75
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Keep working hard iron brother!

mr.genetics
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
You look great man.

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I will try to post a video every week or so to see the progress.

Iron Bulldog
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I will try to post a video every week or so to see the progress.

Thats what you need to do, keep tabs and keep getting feedback. You look great though.

becks
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Luka you are a little behind but keep posting each week so we can offer a truthful view on where you are.

You have the Mississauaga show a month later should you require more time.

Stay dedicated.

Mississauga and South Central Championships
Levels 1 and 2
May 23, 2009

cranny
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Damn at the wheels bro! Very nice.
I hesitate to critique your posing as there are far more savvy people here than me but here's my .02 anyway. On your side chest and side tri poses, try to sit down a little more on the back leg and press your front leg into the other so that your ham will pop out more. Also be sure to flex those legs tight when hitting your most muscular. They appeared a bit relaxed. Overall good job. Best of luck to you and looking forward to seeing your improvements in the coming weeks.

Bigboi
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
IMO, right now your best pose is the abb n thigh pose. Great job bro.

bgoo101
03-12-2009, 07:32 PM
i have the same prob as you one Bi is bigger then the other..

you need more back bro and shoulders traps... and over all size .. but you look good no doubt about it..

goodluck go hard in off season.. start rowing , t bars , bent over rows, dead lifts...

Luka Treska
03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Becks - I do plan on possibly doing the show you mentioned. I'll see how I'm coming along.

Cranny - thanks for the compliments bro, to be honest with you, right now I'm just trying different ways of posing, nothing is in stone. Next video I will sit more on my side poses as you suggested.

Bigboi - Thanks bro, that pose is one of my favorites too. It would look better if My lats were bigger.

Bgoo101 - Yes my left bi has a partial muscle tear so it's not identical to the right one. I am looking forward to the next off season to pack on as much muscle as possible, but I just turned 22, so hopefully I'll make steady progress in the years to come.

Por2gue
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
You got a good attitude, keep it up, you're way young still.

MusclesMarinara
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
a little behind for 7 weeks, but you look good. nothing really overpowers any other body parts. wheels are gonna look insane when theyre darker and you cut up a lil more.

Luka Treska
03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Por2gue and MusclesMariana - thanks a lot for the replies guys, I hope to catch up within the next week or so and be right on schedule.

the mighty stu
03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Legs are very imprssive bro. I'll be 7 weeks out myself as of tomorrow, and it's a daunting realization... I Need more time! -lol. Best of luck, I'm definitely gonna keep checking on your progress.

S

Luka Treska
03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks a lot bro, I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying not to think about being behind, instead just do what's necessary now. I'm doing 1.5 hours of fasted cardio in the morning and 2.5 hours before bed and hopefully that will bring me up to speed.

JVALDEZ
03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Looking good bro,nice base,what are u weighing and what class you plan to compete in?

Luka Treska
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm 200 right now, I have no idea what class, either light heavy, which is what I was last year, or middle IF I can get that low.

anthony1992
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
good luck

v1hyp
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
nice work

Luka Treska
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey guys, here's the 6 weeks out video. One thing I'd like to mention, I just started training using FST-7 and I'm sore as hell, especially my legs and glutes, so flexing was a pain.

noQplsm3Vxc

BigJD69
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Good Luck!!!

matt1005
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Just a thought, but on that side chest, I like to "sit down" on that leg more. You got some good wheels, i think this would help bring them out.

matt1005
03-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks a lot bro, I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying not to think about being behind, instead just do what's necessary now. I'm doing 1.5 hours of fasted cardio in the morning and 2.5 hours before bed and hopefully that will bring me up to speed.
Dude all I can think is "holy crap"!!!!!

MusclesMarinara
03-19-2009, 11:33 PM
thats alotta fuckin cardio!!! i had the 2 vids goin at once and to be honest i didnt really see anything different...

anthony1992
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM

wow thats alot of cardio!

Scoobysnacks
03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Dude all I can think is "holy crap"!!!!!

4 hrs cardio, man I hope for your sake the body doesnt rebel against that in conjunction with probably a low calorie diet.

Good Luck tho.

Ss

stavios
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm 200 right now, I have no idea what class, either light heavy, which is what I was last year, or middle IF I can get that low.

what is the middleweight cut off in your province ?

I know in Quebec they upped it to 185 this year, it was 175 before.

I think you can definitly get down to 185, you would do some damages

stavios
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
4 hrs cardio, man I hope for your sake the body doesnt rebel against that in conjunction with probably a low calorie diet.

Good Luck tho.

Ss

I like Guy Cisternino's way of doing cardio.
he starts at 30 min ED at 12 weeks out and does 10 min more each week.

so it's a steady increase and not too much of a shock mentally.
I am doing it this way also, I like it !

Luka Treska
03-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Ss - I really hope so too bro. But as I said, I don't have to do this show, I could wait till the end of may and compete then. I would just like to do this earlier one and get it out of the way.

Stavios - If they changed the middleweight class in Ontario too bro, I'll be friggin' happy. The class here is 176 and I can't go down to that, I've tried lol. Thanks for the heads up bro, I'm going to check it out if they updated it.

Luka Treska
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
YES...they did change it. It's now 165-176 light middle weight and 176 - 187 middle weight.

stavios
03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
YES...they did change it. It's now 165-176 light middle weight and 176 - 187 middle weight.

that's what I tought !
good new for both you and I :D

They updated the weightclasses so it can match those of the Canadian Nationals

BoneBz
03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
I think your abdominal/thigh is your best mandatory shot. Good luck dude.

Luka Treska
03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Here's another update guys, I'm 190-192 lbs. Hope to slowly drop some more in the next 2-3 weeks, do this show, then go out and eat everything in sight lol.

E5t5NsHUrAQ

Scoobysnacks
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
You know man, you have a really nice physique on you, i just hate to see you rush a show for the sake "of getting it out of the way." Wouldnt you rather be your best and at this conditioning, and the way the glutes and hamis look, there is no way you'll be pealed in 5 more weeks, no disrespect.

I slow down on this crazy cardio schedule and diet slowly and pick another show.

Ss

Luka Treska
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I know what you mean bro, I'm not the type to rush things but this year I'm trying a different approach. Last year, I had size, conditioning, striated glutes, pretty much as good as I have ever come in. I got screwed horribly. I got beat by guys with asses and love handles lol.

It was such a blatant screw job that both the audience and the competitors were shocked when it happened. Backstage people wanted to know if I did something or said something to upset the judges, but no, it was just politics taking place. So this year I thought, I could kill myself and come in looking great, or I could show up mediocre and what's the worst that could happen? Get a crappy placing? Well I got that looking pealed anyways lol.

I don't know how the shows in the states are bro, but here, I've seen national level guys with jiggly asses and smooth legs win (or place high at) shows. So I really don't know what the judges are looking for. This year, this show, is fun. I'm not going to worry much about it. If I place last or win the overall, I don't mind either way. It's an experience.

And also, no disrespect taken bro. I am greatful for all the crituque I receive from anyone, as long as its constructive and not hateful. I appreciate honesty and good advice can only lead to better results. So, quite the contrary, I'm thankful for your opinion and everyone else's.

becks
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Luka do the job properly and show up with the best package you can present. With that said I would suggest you strongly consider skipping the Stratford show and competing in the Mississauga show.

The OPA will be judging with a focus on conditioning and symmetry this year. This is the direction of the CBBF and has to followed by the provincial authorities.

Bob Smith Jr.
03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
4 hrs cardio is overkill imo.

Luka Treska
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Becks - The Mississauga show is very convinient for me since it's literally 5 minutes away, but I have some bad experiences from it and opted to do another show instead of it. I will do it if you guys think I need the extra 4 weeks though.

becks
03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Becks - The Mississauga show is very convinient for me since it's literally 5 minutes away, but I have some bad experiences from it and opted to do another show instead of it. I will do it if you guys think I need the extra 4 weeks though.

I would rather see you show up peeled with glutes and hams. You have a very aesthetic shape and would be hard to beat if you came in conditioned.

Right now you will have a hard time bringing these to the stage in Stratford:

Glutes
Hams
Lower Back
If I were your prep coach I would insist you do the Mississauga show, enjoy some food after the show and then back into your prep starting Monday for the provincials on June 20th.

YES I think you would walk away from the Mississauga show with a qualification spot.

Luka Treska
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I will do the Mississauga show then. Thanks for all the imput Becks, that helps a lot.

hulk7280
03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I will do the Mississauga show then. Thanks for all the imput Becks, that helps a lot.

for god sake lower the cardio ..

Wiry Pyruvity
03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
in the last video...what's everyone's bf% guess?

becks
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM

You are very welcome and I really think it's the best strategy for you.

Keep with the updates so we can make adjustments as needed for you to show up peeled.

Bigbench1
03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Luka, you will be MUCH happier taking the extra 4 weeks. It can make the difference in another 2-3% of bf. And being able to slow down on the cardio, you can keep MUCH more muscle than you would if you tried to deplete everything in for the first show

Scoobysnacks
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
good call here, glad you listened to voices of reason. Good luck in your prep.

Luka Treska
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
So as I've changed the show date, I am now about 7-8 weeks out. Here is the video update guys. All comments are welcome as usual. My weight is 188-189lbs.

al9GUjHhW4A

becks
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Luka you should make the middleweight class with crazy conditioning.

I would find it hard to believe anyone could beat you if you showed up peeled with your symmetry and thickness.

From the front you are on schedule but I would like to see you arms (triceps/rear delt area) and lower back, glutes/ham area tighter for 7 weeks out.

What is your cardio schedule and diet like right now? Feel free to PM me if you want.

stavios
04-02-2009, 11:28 PM
now that's more like it !!!

you would look crazy at about 175lbs man.

hilly
04-03-2009, 01:12 AM
lookin very good mate

MusclesMarinara
04-03-2009, 01:18 AM
lookin good for 7 weeks bro

Luka Treska
04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm working hard to make the middleweight class. As of this morning I am 188lbs and hopefully I can drop 6-7 more lbs before the show. This is the newest update. I'm actually 6 weeks out but for the chronology sake of the videos I put 7 weeks.

CbXpeGXPw5Q

Koubs
04-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Nice bro... leaner with each video and still lookin thick... right on schedule in my opinion, keep it up...

try throwin in a hands on hip most muscular pose at the end next time... i think that'd look good and maybe even a stronger pose for you compared to the hands in front pose you do

billytrainer
04-11-2009, 08:00 AM
nice bro!! lookin good! 4 hrs of cardio is insane.... do the math in relation to cals consumed VS intake... doesnt seem like it adds up very well, although you are looking better for sure. I'd really like to see the full diet layed out,macros & all...

Luka Treska
04-11-2009, 01:17 PM
The MM with the hands on the hips used to be one of my better poses but for some reason, I can't seem to get it quite right this time around lol. I will practice though and see if I can make it look good. Thanks for the heads up bro.

The hands in the front MM I think is a pretty good pose but I think I need bigger traps to make it look complete. I really like that pose too so I will work on it.

I am no longer doing 4 hours of cardio. Since I decided on a later show, I am now doing anywhere from 1-2 1/2 hours a day. I split them AM and PM. I really go my look, if I feel hard but depleted then I take it easy on the cardio and if I feel heavy but watery then I do more cardio.

My diet is:

Meal 1 - 250g egg whites + 2 Omega 3 eggs with 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 2 - 6oz of fish (tilapia, basa, cod, any white fish) and 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 3 - 6oz of fish and 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 4 - 7.5oz of chicken breast and 9 asparagus

Meal 5 - 250g egg whites + 3 Omega 3 eggs and 9 asparagus

becks
04-11-2009, 03:15 PM
The MM with the hands on the hips used to be one of my better poses but for some reason, I can't seem to get it quite right this time around lol. I will practice though and see if I can make it look good. Thanks for the heads up bro.

The hands in the front MM I think is a pretty good pose but I think I need bigger traps to make it look complete. I really like that pose too so I will work on it.

I am no longer doing 4 hours of cardio. Since I decided on a later show, I am now doing anywhere from 1-2 1/2 hours a day. I split them AM and PM. I really go my look, if I feel hard but depleted then I take it easy on the cardio and if I feel heavy but watery then I do more cardio.

My diet is:

Meal 1 - 250g egg whites + 2 Omega 3 eggs with 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 2 - 6oz of fish (tilapia, basa, cod, any white fish) and 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 3 - 6oz of fish and 3 packets of cream of wheat (60g carbs)

Meal 4 - 7.5oz of chicken breast and 9 asparagus

Meal 5 - 250g egg whites + 3 Omega 3 eggs and 9 asparagus

Luka I would like to see you increase the frequency of your meals. This will both aid in a greater nitrogen balance and increase your metabolism through the TEF. The carbohydrates should be lowered a bit, providing enough glycogen to fuel your workouts.

Example based on the foods you are already eating:

Meal 1 - 250g egg whites with 2 packets of cream of wheat (40g carbs)

Meal 2 - 8oz of fish (tilapia, basa, cod, any white fish)

Meal 3 - 4oz of fish

Meal 4 - 1 scoop Whey Isolate (Pre-Workout)

Meal 5 - 2 scoops Whey Isolate with 2 packets of cream of wheat (40g carbs) (Post-Workout)

Meal 6 - 8oz of chicken breast and 9 asparagus spears

Meal 7 - 250g egg whites

With changes to your diet you will be able to properly address cardio and allow it to stimulate metabolism. A morning cardio session of 30-40 minutes with an evening session of equal time. The evening session would preferably allow you to shower and rest up about 30-60 minutes before bed.

This cardio schedule along with training will increase your metabolsm three times through a training day and twice on non-training days.

Luka Treska
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Ok I will give that a try. I usually notice though, when I eat higher carbs, I look leaner and when I eat low carbs I look flat and smooth. It could be an illusion I guess but I don't know for sure. Also with this kind of diet should I have refeed days or should I just keep it the same everyday? And if I should have refeed days, how much carbs should I have that day?

Luka Treska
04-11-2009, 05:14 PM
And also should I do the cardio at low intensity?

becks
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok I will give that a try. I usually notice though, when I eat higher carbs, I look leaner and when I eat low carbs I look flat and smooth. It could be an illusion I guess but I don't know for sure. Also with this kind of diet should I have refeed days or should I just keep it the same everyday? And if I should have refeed days, how much carbs should I have that day?

The fear factor of lowering carbs is the "truth". As you deplete muscle glycogen you will inevitably lose your fullness and this will truly show you level of condition.

If you can look conditioned and peeled on lower carbs you will look fantastic when filled out on stage.

Stick with the meal plan for two weeks and see where your condition is, as I only like using a cheat or refeed when the body truly needs it.

2 real indicators of a needed cheat or refeed are:

Body Temperature. If you are feeling cold your metabolism is slowing and a cheat is a good idea.
Weight loss stalls. After manipulating the diet a few times and the weight is stagnant, then a cheat works well.
Keep up with the updates and I can asses where your are in regards to any changes in your macros and needed cheats etc... PM me you email address if you decide you want to update through email.

becks
04-11-2009, 05:28 PM
And also should I do the cardio at low intensity?

Definitely low intensity as you want to increase your HR enough to stimulate your metabolism.

HIIT when dieting will lead to overtraining and directly impact your weight training sessions.

HIIT has it's exceptions coming closer to a show for some but if you do not need it best to stay away from it.

Luka Treska
04-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Sounds good Becks. I really appreciate the advice. I hope to show up the best conditioning this year. I will keep you posted on the progress. Once again thanks.

v1hyp
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Looks good, Keep it up

Luka Treska
04-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks bro.

becks
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Sounds good Becks. I really appreciate the advice. I hope to show up the best conditioning this year. I will keep you posted on the progress. Once again thanks.

You are welcome mate.

hugemidget
04-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Great job Luka. I'll be competing at that show as well in level2 LHW's. I'll be looking for ya and cheering you on. Keep up the great work!

Luka Treska
04-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Awesome bro, as will I. Looking forward seeing you there. Best of luck with your prep.

Luka Treska
04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm 5 weeks out now, I weight 185lbs. If everything goes to plan, I will lose 1lbs per week up till the last week so I'll be 181lbs before dropping water. After I drop the water the last days I should be 175lbs at the show.

Since I dropped the carbs from 180g to 80g like Becks suggested, I've seen lots of improvements. Definately look harder, more ripped and the everything is looking as it should. My only concern is my hams and glutes. Hopefully the last 4-5 lbs of fat that I'll drop will be from those areas.

I realize I look a bit flat, but keep in mind I'm only eating enough carbs to train, so once I load on carbs and fats, I should fill out well. Filling out has never been my problem, keeping the conditioning and not fading has been an issue in the past, so I will be mindful of that this time.

Here's the video:

Lo9xt1OHBIU

becks
04-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm 5 weeks out now, I weight 185lbs. If everything goes to plan, I will lose 1lbs per week up till the last week so I'll be 181lbs before dropping water. After I drop the water the last days I should be 175lbs at the show.

Since I dropped the carbs from 180g to 80g like Becks suggested, I've seen lots of improvements. Definately look harder, more ripped and the everything is looking as it should. My only concern is my hams and glutes. Hopefully the last 4-5 lbs of fat that I'll drop will be from those areas.

I realize I look a bit flat, but keep in mind I'm only eating enough carbs to train, so once I load on carbs and fats, I should fill out well. Filling out has never been my problem, keeping the conditioning and not fading has been an issue in the past, so I will be mindful of that this time.

Here's the video:

Lo9xt1OHBIU

You really want to be ready for the 9th and allow your body to acclimate to a set weight going into the show. This will allow you to maintain your condition and fill out properly in the final few days.

The changes to your diet show in your physique and being that they were made only a short while ago, would not change anything right now.

Let me know what your dry weight is on Wednesday and I will have a better idea on any adjustments that need to be made.

thepump
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
looked great.

Put your heart in to the poses.

Keep the face relaxed.

TAN FOR SURE but you have that already planned so no worries.

transitions from one pose to the other and your quarter turns.

Our sport is illusion so anytime you can get an edge aka tricks of the trade.

you're looking great bro keep up the good work. everyone is very nice on this board and straight up. but for the most part you have to know by practicing what your doing is correct. have fun with it. But make sure you have paid your dues for your prep. The confidence to KNOW THAT YOU WILL WIN when you walk on stage will come with time and patience, hard work. will brind you the win.:beerbang:good luck bro keep us in the loop.

tribal
04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
you look great g, sick quads and delts...wats your hieght and age? how long you been trainin for?

Luka Treska
04-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys. As of today I weigh 183lbs and all seems to be coming along well. Here is the 4 weeks out video:

H58z_9SRi7c

GENESIS
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
nice improvements!

Luka Treska
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Tribal I am 5'6...although lately I've been measured at 5'7 for some reason lol. And I just turned 22 last month. I've always "trained" pretty much since I was 8 with equipment at home. Joined a gym at 14. Started to eat more than 2 meal a day at 17 lol. Competed at 19.

Here is the routine I've decided on this year. It's obviously very rough and I'm going to tweek it as I see fit. This is just an idea though.

wlsY9A-ZJ4I

buster12
04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
looking good bro.!

The Big Sexy
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
First thing I noticed was the wheels man - I'm always impressed with good wheels!

hilly
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
lookin good mate very good improvements

becks
04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Luka in order to get those stubborn glutes and hammies coming in we will have to get a little more aggressive with your macros.

On non-training days remove the carbs from meal 1 and add 4oz fish.
We will also remove the carbs from the post-workout shake and change the chicken meal to a fish meal.

Meal 3 - 4oz of fish

Meal 5 - 2 scoops Whey Isolate (Post-Workout)

Meal 6 - 8oz of fish and 9 asparagus spears

Meal 7 - 250g egg whites

Cardio will remain the same as it has been. It will get a little tougher now but you should not find any negative affects in your training with these changes. Any fatigue will more than likely be later in the day when relaxing on the couch.

Keep it up, the changes over the last couple weeks have been fantastic and you will notice some drastic changes over the next two weeks.

Also give us an update when you hit 178lbs.

Luka Treska
04-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Sounds good Beck, I've always had problems with glutes/hams. I have two questions: If I drop to 178 before getting rid of the water weight, I will end up around 172 on stage. I tend to lose about 5-6lbs of water each time. Also what kind of loading do you think I should do. I've always done, diet food until friday, then friday, once I cut water (7pm) I start loading with fats and carbs.

Dr Pangloss
04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Looking good. Nice leg sweep. great abs. Wide lats.

becks
04-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Sounds good Beck, I've always had problems with glutes/hams. I have two questions: If I drop to 178 before getting rid of the water weight, I will end up around 172 on stage. I tend to lose about 5-6lbs of water each time. Also what kind of loading do you think I should do. I've always done, diet food until friday, then friday, once I cut water (7pm) I start loading with fats and carbs.

The approach to fill you up will be based on your conditioning.

I would rather you be shredded with glutes and hams weighing a dry weight of 170lbs. If we can dial your conditioning in we can properly address the carb up and fill you out, giving the illusion of you weighing more than you truly are.

Myth
04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Becks, how come you took out nearly all his added fats? ie, oils and nuts?

Youngguns
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey man looking great!

Are you all natural? How long have you been training for?

Luka Treska
04-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks Doctor.

Becks, that sound like a good idea. I think it'll work well with me, I don't have a problem filling out or looking full. Maintaining conditioning through out the show has been my hardest challange.

Myth, I didn't have any fats in my diet to begin with. Becks simply tweaked the diet I posted. I don't feel any worst without fats. I'm not a big fan of them, hard to digest them for me.

YG, thanks bro. I'm not natty. I've been training in a gym since 14 and as the years passed learned new and useful things like ways to train, diet, rest, etc.

-BLP-
04-24-2009, 02:02 AM
hardness is simple... halotestin , hard to find tho.. last 4 weeks BOOM ; )

hugemidget
04-24-2009, 06:30 AM
atta boy Luka, keep it up bro!! Are you doing the level 1 or 2?

becks
04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Becks, how come you took out nearly all his added fats? ie, oils and nuts?

I started helping Luka at 7 weeks out and tweaked his diet to facilitate better conditioning. Introducing fats into the mix would have been suicide.

[quote=Luka Treska;206753]Thanks Doctor.

Becks, that sound like a good idea. I think it'll work well with me, I don't have a problem filling out or looking full. Maintaining conditioning through out the show has been my hardest challange.
quote]

People tend to fade in shows, when they don't reach the level of conditioning required to properly carb load.

They generally use the same approach as they have read online, in magazines etc... but they falter in addressing their individual requirements.

You will not fade as the show goes on and will become tighter as the day progresses, that I assure you.

Luka Treska
04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Hugemidget - thanks bro, I'm doing level 1. Hope your prep is going great bro, can't wait till the day of lol.

Becks - that sounds great, that's been something I struggled with so I'm happy to hear it can be fixed. I was going to ask, what's you opinion on the whole red wine thing? I've never tried it, but have always wondered "what if" lol.

becks
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Hugemidget - thanks bro, I'm doing level 1. Hope your prep is going great bro, can't wait till the day of lol.

Becks - that sounds great, that's been something I struggled with so I'm happy to hear it can be fixed. I was going to ask, what's you opinion on the whole red wine thing? I've never tried it, but have always wondered "what if" lol.

Red wine and other alcohols are risky as you do not know how it will effect you.

Being that you will be depleted the last thing you want is for it to go straight to your head and impact the way you carry and present yourself on stage.

Luka Treska
04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Gotcha, no alcohol then. Lol, seen a few guys get trashed every time. Then again, they were chugging the stuff lol. Next stop is 178lbs. Will update you then.

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, this morning I weighed myself and was 178lbs on the dot. Did cardio and had my first meal (egg whites and cream of wheat) and went up to 179lbs. Everything is hard and looks good, a tad flat...especially in the delts and quads area but nothing horrible. Glutes and hams are coming in and I think in a few more days they will be on par with everything else.

Becks is there anything I need to do now, or just maintain this weight and cruise into the show?

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Here's the video. Sorry about the lighting guys, I normally use natural light but today it's so cloudy outside.

yhH5D3RVE9o

stavios
04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
getting tight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck those legs are massive

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Stavios, I just wish my hams and glutes weren't so stubborn lol. I should just get liposuction there lol. How's your prep going bro?

-BLP-
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Stavios, I just wish my hams and glutes weren't so stubborn lol. I should just get liposuction there lol. How's your prep going bro?

hamstring bro it easy stubborn hamstrings mean high estrogen . adex n letro EOD alternate n nolav n boom it gone

be flawless a guy name hugo da silva will be there , tough enemy, judge panel will always promote the young one's if you peak n condition on the specific day

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm taking 1mg adex EOD and 1.25mg Letro ED and I can see it change everything else, but maybe the hams and glutes need more time. I hope the judges consider age, at 22, I'm sure I'll be one of the youngest, if not the youngest out of the men's middleweights. Last year I was the youngest in my line up. We'll see I guess.

-BLP-
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm taking 1mg adex EOD and 1.25mg Letro ED and I can see it change everything else, but maybe the hams and glutes need more time. I hope the judges consider age, at 22, I'm sure I'll be one of the youngest, if not the youngest out of the men's middleweights. Last year I was the youngest in my line up. We'll see I guess.

22 is a tough age no more junior and in the open play field of everyone, you got step machine at your gym? your are a great classic poser that major point right there.. my band will be on tour it a shame i wont be there... julia and paul from opa judge panel are cool people dont be afaraid to go see them n let them know who you are and not to be intimated by the judge panel at all , they are more way more cool then they look like

OPA has a facebook account also

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I don't mind it so much though. Thanks for the tip on the judges bro, it's good to know that I can talk to them. I always feel like they're grumpy and tired and don't want to talk lol, so I've never approached them. I'd love to actually talk to them and get their ideas on what I should work on and what not. I did the step machine earlier in the prep, but now that you remind me, I will go back to it. Best of luck on the tour and in the prep bro, you're gonna look freaky.

bigmikecox
04-26-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm in that club too!!! Glutes and hams don't come in until like the last week!!!! Lipo crossed my mind more than once!!!!

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm in that club too!!! Glutes and hams don't come in until like the last week!!!! Lipo crossed my mind more than once!!!!

Hahahaha, after doing so many things to bring them in, and they still look soft, I don't see any other options.

becks
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, this morning I weighed myself and was 178lbs on the dot. Did cardio and had my first meal (egg whites and cream of wheat) and went up to 179lbs. Everything is hard and looks good, a tad flat...especially in the delts and quads area but nothing horrible. Glutes and hams are coming in and I think in a few more days they will be on par with everything else.

Becks is there anything I need to do now, or just maintain this weight and cruise into the show?

The lower body will start to tighten up now and catch up with the rest of your conditioning. You are right on track to be ready around the two week out mark and then we can really dial you in and have you peak on game day.

This week on leg day do:

Leg Press - Position your feet about 4 inches apart and as high as you can on the platform. Ensure you do not lock out and keep the tension on your glutes and hams. The eccentric movement should be 3-4 seconds with a pause at the bottom of the movement (1-2 seconds) for a good stretch. 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps focusing on the movement and don't worry about the weight you use, just make sure the movement is executed perfectly.
Dumbbell Pliet Squat - Holding a dumbbell between your legs and position your feet about 36" apart, pointing your toes outwards (about a 45 degree angle). Lower yourself normally, ensuring your back is properly aligned as you would in a normal squat. On the concentric portion of the movement really squeeze your glutes and thrust forward allowing the glute and hams to power the movement. 2-3 sets x 12-15 reps
You should really feel these in the following days after and will probably want to tell me where to go LOL

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Hahahaha, I can already imagine how crippling this is going to be. Now I can't wait for next leg day. It will be a huge accomplishment for me if I get my hams to look shredded.

I'm glad you think I'm on schedule though, it is very relieving. Now I guess all I have to do is follow the diet, cardio and train hard.

I'll post my 3 weeks out video sometime next week.
Thanks a lot Becks.

-BLP-
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I don't mind it so much though. Thanks for the tip on the judges bro, it's good to know that I can talk to them. I always feel like they're grumpy and tired and don't want to talk lol, so I've never approached them. I'd love to actually talk to them and get their ideas on what I should work on and what not. I did the step machine earlier in the prep, but now that you remind me, I will go back to it. Best of luck on the tour and in the prep bro, you're gonna look freaky.

yeah that big table is scary but you go and they will welcome you , you have to remeber OPA is a non for profit organization no one is paid they are there for the pleasure of passion n excellence, OPA has the best eye of the entire provinces trust me they see everything

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Awesome bro, I definately will find the time to talk to a few this year and pick their brain lol.

becks
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Hahahaha, I can already imagine how crippling this is going to be. Now I can't wait for next leg day. It will be a huge accomplishment for me if I get my hams to look shredded.

I'm glad you think I'm on schedule though, it is very relieving. Now I guess all I have to do is follow the diet, cardio and train hard.

I'll post my 3 weeks out video sometime next week.
Thanks a lot Becks.

You are very welcome mate.

Being that you are quad dominant you will have to really focus on using your glutes and hams to create a better mind-muscle connection.

As you will be using the step mill again, try focusing on allowing your glutes to contract when lifting your body. Really squeeze when stepping up and focus on the glutes and hams when on the step mill. You may have to grab the handles and lean back a little till you have a better mind-muscle connection to ensure you keep your balance.

I do apologies for the funny looks you may get from people in the cardio theatre LOL

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Lol, no worries, as long as the job gets done. I will do my best to incorporate the method of lifting with my glutes and hams in the next few weeks for sure, I feel that may have been my set back since it's been my problem matching them in condition with the rest of my body.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
You could also start your squats from the bottom if you have a power rack. You won't be able to go as heavy, but it activates the glutes more. If you're not doing bottom position deads you could include those. My legs and glutes get sore- well they're already a bit sore from leg day 4 days earlier,lol, but it enhances the effect.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah, when is your show?

Luka Treska
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I do the bottom position deads but I will have to give the bottom position squats a try. My show is May 23.

Luka Treska
04-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Okay guys, I am sooo happy to say that I am 3 weeks out and that in 3 weeks I can finally eat LOL. I really like the way things are coming along, everything is tightening up and I can see a huge improvement from the last 3 weeks or so.

My dry weight is 174lbs now and during the day it usually goes to about 182-184lbs. This is mainly from the water I drink. I drink about 5-6 liters a day of water and maybe 3-4 liters of diet pop.

Needless to say, I feel like hell lol, but it's all worth it. Plus now I'm in the last few weeks of the prep and the anticipation for the show is keeping my spirits up.

Here is the video for 3 weeks out and the posing routine.

co-eO71-nsw

aHt6nhIpSms

becks
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Okay guys, I am sooo happy to say that I am 3 weeks out and that in 3 weeks I can finally eat LOL. I really like the way things are coming along, everything is tightening up and I can see a huge improvement from the last 3 weeks or so.

My dry weight is 174lbs now and during the day it usually goes to about 182-184lbs. This is mainly from the water I drink. I drink about 5-6 liters a day of water and maybe 3-4 liters of diet pop.

Needless to say, I feel like hell lol, but it's all worth it. Plus now I'm in the last few weeks of the prep and the anticipation for the show is keeping my spirits up.

Here is the video for 3 weeks out and the posing routine.

co-eO71-nsw

aHt6nhIpSms

I have just gone through the videos from 7-3 weeks out and the changes are dramatic.

Most notably are the changes in your glutes and hams from 4-3 weeks out and I am very confident that we bring them in fully for the 23rd.

Now I have good news and bad news LOL

The good news being that I want you to go out and enjoy a burger and fries, and not that fast food shit but a restaurant burger from Jack Astor's, Baton Rouge etc...

Now the bad news. I want to change your cardio around a bit and add in another session.

am session - 60 minutes
pwo session - 30 minutes
pm session - 30 minutes

Luka Treska
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Hahahaha, it's like I can't even belive my eyes when I read that lol. I don't mind the cardio, I'm really focused on coming in with great conditioning this year, so no worries.

Question about the burger and fries. Should I get it tomorrow or saturday...or doesn't really matter?

BananaHammock
04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
You're looking good Luka. Keep up the hard work.

becks
04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Hahahaha, it's like I can't even belive my eyes when I read that lol. I don't mind the cardio, I'm really focused on coming in with great conditioning this year, so no worries.

Question about the burger and fries. Should I get it tomorrow or saturday...or doesn't really matter?

Have it when ever you like.

I myself prefer having it knowing I do not train the next day to ensure my stomach does not affect my training.

ENJOY! The changes to the cardio start the following day after the treat meal.

Luka Treska
04-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Sounds great. In that case then, I'll have it today and take tomorrow off. Thanks Becks, I'll update you if anything comes up.

hilly
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM
lookin very good mate, enjoy ure burger and fries

MusclesMarinara
04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
progression looks good bro. your legs are comin in nice! good luck

Koubs
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Lookin great man!! you sound like you got everything under control, great work so far!

Luka Treska
04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks a lot guys. These last few weeks I really have suffered lol. I'm the type of person that doesn't mind doing tons of cardio or training heavy, but restricting food is my weakness. But, in the end, gotta do what you gotta do lol.

Just to note, Becks has been a great help through out the prep and it's really helped bring my conditiong to where it needs to be.

I had the treat meal an hour or so ago and it was as if I was born again lol, felt amazing. Contrary to what I expected though, I did not feel bloated and it did not feel heavy in my stomach. Also I filled out a bit, but nothing really noticeable. So all in all, it was very well planned and I feel that it boosted up my spirits for the 3 weeks to come.

davidyes
05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Luka,
How far do you plan on going with bodybuilding? You're doing an awesome job. Sick physique.

becks
05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks a lot guys. These last few weeks I really have suffered lol. I'm the type of person that doesn't mind doing tons of cardio or training heavy, but restricting food is my weakness. But, in the end, gotta do what you gotta do lol.

Just to note, Becks has been a great help through out the prep and it's really helped bring my conditiong to where it needs to be.

I had the treat meal an hour or so ago and it was as if I was born again lol, felt amazing. Contrary to what I expected though, I did not feel bloated and it did not feel heavy in my stomach. Also I filled out a bit, but nothing really noticeable. So all in all, it was very well planned and I feel that it boosted up my spirits for the 3 weeks to come.

Glad you enjoyed your meal.

Did you step on the scale last night and this morning to see what your weight changes were (if any)?

Give us an update on your weight and how you feel your conditioning is on Tuesday and then post up a video on Friday.

No need to tell you to stay focused, you have your head on straight!

Luka Treska
05-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Davidyes - I plan on going as far as I possibly can. Whether it's just this show or top pro (I wish), I guess the future will tell. In the mean time, I plan on busting my ass and hopefully achieve my goals.

Becks - I actually made sure to note the weight difference from before and after, but there was none. Before the meal, right after the meal and this morning my weight was a constant 175lbs. I should add, last night around 3am I woke up to pee and noticed I was very vascular, thick veins on my legs, abs, chest and delts. So I guess around 4-5 hours after the meal, it really showed it's effect.

Today, I look about 5-8% leaner and harder than yesterday and I can see it especially in my legs and abs.

BTW, I did the leg presses and pliet squats yesterday and man, they were a big difference maker, the effect it had on my glutes was almost instant and I really should have done them during the off season to keep those areas in check. Live and learn I guess lol.

I will give you an update on tuesday and till then, I'll just keep dieting, cardio x3 a day and train hard.

StrongMan.87
05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
hey Becks, do you usually prep guys for shows? What kinda history do you have in the sport.. you compete?

You seem to know a lot, just wondering if you do this professionally like Dave, or if you're just helping out where you can.

becks
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
hey Becks, do you usually prep guys for shows? What kinda history do you have in the sport.. you compete?

You seem to know a lot, just wondering if you do this professionally like Dave, or if you're just helping out where you can.

I do prep competitors for shows, though the majority of my clientele come from sports organizations and the corporate world. I would tend to believe that Dave generates a greater income from contest prep than I though LOL

I have taken a step back from competing this year as I have too much going on with business. Though the economy is not at it's best I find the opportunity to generate new business greater than years past.

I plan on being back on stage next year and will more than likely compete within the WBFF. Since its inception they have grown exponentially and have alot to offer the competitors.

Luka Treska
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, I weighed myself this morning and my dry weight is 175lbs. It has been so for the last 3 days and the heaviest I go to is 178lbs but that is when I drink over a gallon of water/diet pepsi. Most of the time I am 175-176lbs morning to bedtime.

Becks, I know you just wanted to know how I felt my conditioning is but I made a video just so I can assess it myself but figured why not just upload it lol.

Things that I've noticed. I am tighter, harder, when training I am more vascular than I've ever been. I noticed that I kind of plateaued on the leaning out process, but none the less, as the days pass I do look about 3-4% leaner than the day before. So I guess I'm still leaning out, but very slowly. Either that or my body is getting used to being this conditioned and my skin is tightening up so I appear leaner. After all my weight is constant.

Although you cannot see it in the videos (because I never lock out my quads), I do have striations in my outer sweep and some in my tear drops. I can also see the split in my rectus femoris and also for the first time ever in my biceps. I can see some striations (if you can call it that) in my glutes, mainly on the side poses and the hamstrings are more separated than the week before.

The downside is that I am flat and the muscles don't really "pop" and this also goes for the veins...unless of course I get a pump at the gym. The caloric deficit is getting to that point where lifting heavy is a hard task and doing my off season weights is almost impossible. But I can tough it out for the next 2 weeks.

I hope this wasn't too long and repeatetive but I didn't want to leave anything out and being only 2.5 weeks out, I do not want to leave room for error lol.

BqFxn_MKi5w

buster12
05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
looking good bro!

becks
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey guys, I weighed myself this morning and my dry weight is 175lbs. It has been so for the last 3 days and the heaviest I go to is 178lbs but that is when I drink over a gallon of water/diet pepsi. Most of the time I am 175-176lbs morning to bedtime.

Becks, I know you just wanted to know how I felt my conditioning is but I made a video just so I can assess it myself but figured why not just upload it lol. It's makes it easier for me to truely assess where you are anyway LOL

Things that I've noticed. I am tighter, harder, when training I am more vascular than I've ever been. I noticed that I kind of plateaued on the leaning out process, but none the less, as the days pass I do look about 3-4% leaner than the day before. So I guess I'm still leaning out, but very slowly. Either that or my body is getting used to being this conditioned and my skin is tightening up so I appear leaner. After all my weight is constant. Weight should not change too, too much from this point in. As your body acclimates to this weight you'll find your conditioning improves each day.

Although you cannot see it in the videos (because I never lock out my quads), I do have striations in my outer sweep and some in my tear drops. I can also see the split in my rectus femoris and also for the first time ever in my biceps. I can see some striations (if you can call it that) in my glutes, mainly on the side poses and the hamstrings are more separated than the week before. If you can see striations make sure you lock out for the judges to take notice, especially in the ab and thigh pose.

The downside is that I am flat and the muscles don't really "pop" and this also goes for the veins...unless of course I get a pump at the gym. The caloric deficit is getting to that point where lifting heavy is a hard task and doing my off season weights is almost impossible. But I can tough it out for the next 2 weeks. Just lift smart from this point in. Remember it's about stimulating the muscle to keep ahold of lbm.

Filling you out will not be a problem and we'll bring a full and conditioned package to the stage on the 23rd.

I hope this wasn't too long and repeatetive but I didn't want to leave anything out and being only 2.5 weeks out, I do not want to leave room for error lol.

Above ^

Luka Treska
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Excellent. When do you think I should stop training legs? Last year I stopped 8 days before the show. Also, I am planning to lock out for a few poses in the prejudging, but at this point the lighting in these videos would not show the striations so I don't really bother lol.

Becks are things (diet, cardio, etc) going to change after this upcoming saturday or the same? Just curious.

becks
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Excellent. When do you think I should stop training legs? Last year I stopped 8 days before the show. Also, I am planning to lock out for a few poses in the prejudging, but at this point the lighting in these videos would not show the striations so I don't really bother lol. Friday the 15th with Saturday and Sunday being off days.

Becks are things (diet, cardio, etc) going to change after this upcoming saturday or the same? Just curious. Right now I see everything staying the same for next week but that can change depending on your conditioning, weight, energy, recovery etc....

Towards the middle of next week I will get the peak week plan to you so you know what I have planned.

Luka Treska
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Perfect, I guess the next update will be the video on friday. Once again Becks, I can't say it enough, thank you very much for all of the help, it has made my prep much better and eased my worries as a competitor.

becks
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Perfect, I guess the next update will be the video on friday. Once again Becks, I can't say it enough, thank you very much for all of the help, it has made my prep much better and eased my worries as a competitor.

You are very welcome and we'll see where we are on Friday.

Luka Treska
05-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Okay guys, I am now 2 weeks out and my current dry weight is 171.5lbs. During the day I go to about 176lbs but it is pretty constant every morning at 171.5lbs. I can definately see more vascularity and look tighter than the previous week. I think my body is actually used to the caloric intake because I no longer feel starved or exhausted as I did the previous weeks. I still feel very hungry (and crave dairy, for some reason) but I find it easier to be in a better mood lately.

The diet is the same and cardio is 3x a day. Here are the videos.

PWynFgzzWVE
tN8EW2lNYzU

tribal
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
what are you doin for abs? im guessing, no weighted exercises?

Luka Treska
05-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I never train abs bro, no exercises at all.

davidyes
05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Luka,
Your taper from the back looks great.

becks
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Okay guys, I am now 2 weeks out and my current dry weight is 171.5lbs. During the day I go to about 176lbs but it is pretty constant every morning at 171.5lbs. I can definately see more vascularity and look tighter than the previous week. I think my body is actually used to the caloric intake because I no longer feel starved or exhausted as I did the previous weeks. I still feel very hungry (and crave dairy, for some reason) but I find it easier to be in a better mood lately.

The diet is the same and cardio is 3x a day. Here are the videos.

Luka you are perfectly on schedule and we can enjoy the trip into the show now.

Go and enjoy a burger and fries then take the next day off. Drop cardio down to one session of 60 min in the morning and keep the diet the same.

I am travelling this weekend and have some meetings out of town scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, so I may not be online too much.

Check your PM.

Luka Treska
05-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Excellent. I will especially enjoy this meal since I am now so close to the show. I will continue to do as you say Becks and I will talk to you in the next week when you get back.

Best of luck on your meetings and we'll talk soon.

Also, got the PM lol.

MusclesMarinara
05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
bro your legs are pretty fuckin big and SHREDDED... what does your diet look like?

Luka Treska
05-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks bro, I can tell you having Becks as a guide really helped me bring better conditioning to the table. The diet is as he prescribed in page 4 of this thread:

Meal 3 - 4oz of fish

Meal 7 - 250g egg whites

That's all lol. Today was my treat meal, burger and fries and tomorrow I resume the diet above but no cream of wheat in the morning since tomorrow is my day off from the gym. Just cardio. Sunday I will add the cream of wheat back in since I will train.

MusclesMarinara
05-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks bro, I can tell you having Becks as a guide really helped me bring better conditioning to the table. The diet is as he prescribed in page 4 of this thread:

Meal 3 - 4oz of fish

Meal 7 - 250g egg whites

That's all lol. Today was my treat meal, burger and fries and tomorrow I resume the diet above but no cream of wheat in the morning since tomorrow is my day off from the gym. Just cardio. Sunday I will add the cream of wheat back in since I will train.

doesnt seem like a lot of food. how much do you weigh? and i cant really say much cuz ive been watchin the videos since u put em up and the changes are insane. if you add some size after this show youll be a force to recon with.. your natty right?

Luka Treska
05-09-2009, 03:41 PM
No, not natty. It's not a lot of food at all, but I can say without a doubt I haven't lost any muscle during the prep and just got leaner, harder, drier. So it works. If you actually add it up, the protein is 240-250g. That's not low at all. I started dieting at 200lbs and I'm now 172lbs as of this morning. This is exactly where I need to be for the middleweight cut off.

Also, yes I do plan to add some size after this show. Last year I competed as a light heavy (in my avi is what I looked like), but the middleweight puts me in a very advantageous position because I will be the heaviest and most conditioned in that class. Step at a time though. I just turned 22, the size will come with the years.

billytrainer
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
impressive luka.. well done.. i cant help but look at your diet & ask... where are your fats? carbs? they "seem" very low. obviously its working well for you the way it is... just an observation, but your results speak for themselves. that burger treat is nice.... I have done that myself & it definitely helps the sanity factor..lol.

Luka Treska
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks bro, the carbs and fats are low indeed. On training days I have a total of 40g of carbs a day and on non-training days I have 0 carbs. I believe Becks (who is doing my diet) explained the lack of fats for my prep a few pages back.

I'll say this, the diet makes you suffer, you always feel hungry, craving, moody and exhausted, but it works extremely well. As I said, I have not lost any muscle and this is the best conditioning that I have ever. In the end, as long as I meet the results that I want, I couldn't care less how harsh the dieting is lol. I just suck it up and keep going.

hugemidget
05-09-2009, 07:04 PM
I couldn't care less how harsh the dieting is lol. I just suck it up and keep going.
and there you have it. spoken like a true champion! keep it up Luka

billytrainer
05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
hardcore man... I've done similar to that in the past & it almost killed me... you're a better man than me...lol...or at least your body can handle it better. good job bud..

Luka Treska
05-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Here we go guys, 1 week out video. I am soooo happy the show is finally closing in. I feel ready and cannot wait to step on stage.

-8pB3GII0ck

StrongMan.87
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
was the show this wkdn? how did it go?? post pics!!!!!!:popcorn:

-BLP-
05-18-2009, 02:51 AM
may 23 missisauga show level 1-2 ontario canada... so next saturday

vboissiere
05-18-2009, 03:14 AM
very impressed! Can't wait to see how you do.

billytrainer
05-18-2009, 07:11 AM
good work luka.... drop h20 & add some color bud..! lookin good.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Do you have any still pics?

becks
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Luka has all the attributes and genetic potential to go pro.

His greatest attribute is his mental strength and ability to be guided without question. Luka has the professional mindframe it takes to get to the pro level and being that he has a great structure and youth on his side, I have no doubt he makes it.

latimus
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
lookingood in that vid. u looked to get better as the video went on. make sure to pose alot backstage b4 you go on. only things that are lagging is more chest and upper traps. u look great infront double and back double.

good luck this weekend

-BLP-
05-23-2009, 09:40 PM
from what i heard he's in top 3 , so he will go level 2 ..

StrongMan.87
05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
any pics bro?

becks
05-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Luka has alot on his plate right now and will be leaving the country Monday.

Once I have pictures I will post them up. I am waiting on the photographer from the show to email me.

becks
06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Here is Luka on the day. I am sure once Luka gets back from Albania he will have some pics to put up.

Luka Treska
06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey everyone.

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response but as Becks said, I have been very busy these last few weeks and needed to focus on a few things before getting back to my normal daily routine.

As BLP said, I placed 3rd in the show against an incredibly competative line up and I am now going on to level 2. The show was great and the promoters really worked hard to make it memorable for everyone.

I am now working with Becks and we are looking to bring a much better physique next time I step on stage. More than likely this will be a year from the last show and we plan to qualify for as many levels as possible (hopefully ending up at nationals).

As of right now, I am slowly adding more mass and I am proud to say that, under Becks' supervision, I have managed to maintain good conditioning and add quite a bit of mass post-contest.

I have yet to contact the photographer who was taking pics of me (again, I was out of the country till a few days ago lol) but this is what I have so far for those of you that are curious.

Post show vids -
2 weeks post show
YouTube - Luka Treska - Posing in Body Line Gym Albania

4 weeks post show
YouTube - Luka Treska - Posing in hotel room

buster12
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I woulda gave you second.

bigem225
06-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I second that bettr shape and more size.

bgoo101
06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
You looked sick bro , well done !!!!

ANADROLicfreak
06-29-2009, 10:28 PM
congrats man.you looked good.i would of had you in 2nd to.