PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to All the Masters Bodybuilders!

huge285
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I just want to take a moment to say how proud I am of all the MASTERS competitors on RX MUSCLE. This FORUM is without a doubt the BEST Masters Bodybuilding site on the net!

Great job guys!

Mac
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for stopping bye and saying hello Dave. It shows you do care about us!

bodyhard
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
awww I feel so loved :D

Thanks for the props Dave!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
:thanks:

See....the Boss does love us...

Baldie

SpeedoGuido
04-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Didn't Dave have a birthday recently?
I think he is one of us!!! haha

cadaha
04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks Dave. Not a competitor just yet, next year will be my Rookie year LOL

Quadsweep
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks Dave. Not a competitor just yet, next year will be my Rookie year LOL And a noble endeavor it is indeed!

Hammerfit
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks, Dave. I heard you will be in Mobile for Steel World. I look forward to meeting you there. I am competing in the over 50.

Hammer

axioma
04-20-2010, 07:24 AM
:thanks:

See....the Boss does love us...

Baldie
Yes he does! Thanks Dave, that really means a lot that you notice not only the hard work and dedication, but the comraderie and loyalty to you and RX!

Sledge
04-20-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm amazed most of you can even use one of these new fangled computer gizmoes.

freebirdmac
04-20-2010, 09:12 AM

I for one was using computers in 1977. For some of us you youngsters are the neophytes :)

Sledge
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
An abacus doesn't count

freebirdmac
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
An abacus doesn't count

Lol! Make that a sliderule. Calculators were huge and about $200 then.
It was a Sigma. We used a teletype machine to communicate with it coding in BASIC.

bodyhard
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I for one was using computers in 1977. For some of us you youngsters are the neophytes :)

LOL yeah same here I know more about technology than most as I have been in IT since the 80's.

EVERYONE (family friends co-workers etc) comes to me when it comes to technology :D

gman
04-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I used a Compaq portable in 1984 and we called it a luggable. Damn thing weighed about 30 lbs and had a 8" screen with the horrible green letters, headache guaranteed with every use

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
An abacus doesn't count

I was there on V Day at the end of WWll when the soldiers and seamen were dancing in the streets....sitting on my dads shoulders. I remember it well. I remember when the horse came by with ice and the ice man carved off a sliver for me to suck on. My family got the first TV in the neighborhood and I became the most popular kid on the block.

The abacus was not yet invented....

Baldie

Mac
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM

My first computer was an Altair 8800 with less than a kilobyte of memory. That was back in 1976.

I wrote my first program throwing toggle switches on the front of it.

Up next was a Radio Shack TRS Model 80 with 4kb of RAM and a cassette tape for storage. It took 10 tapes to load a simple inventory program.

bodyhard
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow the guy starts a thread on acknowledging the master and it turns out to become a computer thread, sad part is I chimed in on it as well :( :(

Remind me to punch myself in the face several times today.

freebirdmac
04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow the guy starts a thread on acknowledging the master and it turns out to become a computer thread, sad part is I chimed in on it as well :( :(

It's Sledge's fault!!!!

We happen to be masters at many things :)

axioma
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM

OK, I'm reminding you....punch away:mad: That has to be a record for thread hijacking...DP will never come back..."Geez, those masters are a bunch of geeks"

gman
04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
since the thread is hijacked anyway, here is the old compaq "portable" I used to have to carry a half mile from the parking garage to my office all the time. no hard drive, program in drive a, data in drive b

http://oldcomputers.net/pics/compaqI.JPG

bodyhard
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
OK, I'm reminding you....punch away:mad: That has to be a record for thread hijacking...DP will never come back..."Geez, those masters are a bunch of geeks"

OK starting right now, will have my face like this again in no time!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/blackeyes-1.jpg

gman
04-20-2010, 01:29 PM
OK starting right now, will have my face like this again in no time!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/blackeyes-1.jpg

do you need volunteers to help? :p

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
STOP THIS NONSENCE
Ahem....

I dropped by a health food store on the way to office because I forgot and left my meals at home. I ran into a fellow I had not seen for 5 years. Last saw him compete at the 2005 Mr. Muscle Beach in the lightweights. We chatted about this and that and then he said..."Remeber that guest poser Dave Palumbo? He was freakin freaky. Is he still around?". I said...'Dunno let me ask him".

Dave, are you still around?

Baldie

gman
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
You forget, Dave is as big or bigger geek than anyone on this section

bodyhard
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM
do you need volunteers to help? :p

Are you saying you want to punch me in the face? Cause you could you know, but you see the thing about getting punched in the face is, you tend to hit back! Not sure what your face would look like after a hit by me :D :D

STOP THIS NONSENCE
Ahem....

I dropped by a health food store on the way to office because I forgot and left my meals at home. I ran into a fellow I had not seen for 5 years. Last saw him compete at the 2005 Mr. Muscle Beach in the lightweights. We chatted about this and that and then he said..."Remeber that guest poser Dave Palumbo? He was freakin freaky. Is he still around?". I said...'Dunno let me ask him".

Dave, are you still around?

Baldie

OK back on track!!

So this guy you were chatting with, who was he?

gman
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Are you saying you want to punch me in the face? Cause you could you know, but you see the thing about getting punched in the face is, you tend to hit back! Not sure what your face would look like after a hit by me :D :D

So if you hit your own self in the face, who would you punch back?

The Thinker
04-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Don't let the gray hair fool you. Walk over, limp back! :spank2:

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM

OK back on track!!

So this guy you were chatting with, who was he?

Funny you ask. He is Billy a local 'bad boy' (red head Irishman) who could not get a job after serving time for punching someone out real bad in a local bar. Worlds Gym in La Crescenta, Ca. (my old gym) hired him as a trainer as long as he went to 12 step meetings. That was about 6 years ago. He competed a year later at Muscle Beach and I don't recall how he did. I do remember Dave posing. He was freaky BIG. He told me that although he remains clean and sober he still has temper issues. I had not Billy since 2005 as he switched to training in the evenings. Me being a morning dude.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Gary Udit just now called?? I was surprised. He just wanted to welcome me to the show in July. That was cool and classy.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Gary Udit just now called?? I was surprised. He just wanted to welcome me to the show in July. That was cool and classy.

Baldie
Wow- that was.

bodyhard
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
So if you hit your own self in the face, who would you punch back?

Well of course...wait wut??

Funny you ask. He is Billy a local 'bad boy' (red head Irishman) who could not get a job after serving time for punching someone out real bad in a local bar. Worlds Gym in La Crescenta, Ca. (my old gym) hired him as a trainer as long as he went to 12 step meetings. That was about 6 years ago. He competed a year later at Muscle Beach and I don't recall how he did. I do remember Dave posing. He was freaky BIG. He told me that although he remains clean and sober he still has temper issues. I had not Billy since 2005 as he switched to training in the evenings. Me being a morning dude.

Baldie

Kool, I think I know a guy like that, Puerto Rican guy, roughly 5'8" 170 ish pounds :D

Now that is kool!!

Baldie

joedemarco
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I just want to take a moment to say how proud I am of all the MASTERS competitors on RX MUSCLE. This FORUM is without a doubt the BEST Masters Bodybuilding site on the net!

Great job guys!

Thanks for your support, Dave!