PDA

View Full Version : Cycle length and gain retention

thestudent
04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
have read a few different opinions on cycle length. Some suggest many short cycles throughout the year, stating that your body will get back online quicker. I see that others feel that your body needs more time on the juice to get used to being larger so to easier keep new muscle. Since we all do this hoping to retain as much as possible I'd like to know from guys with some time/experience what they feel works better for keeping your muscle. How many cycles per year at what length; two three, four, or a good six month-er per year as I read on another post here. I realize many of you just cruise. That is not what I'm getting into. Thanks fellas.

data
04-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not the most knowledgeable bro on the board but I do shorter 6-8 week cycles. I think I can maintain a decent physique with shorter cycles, I tend to get 90% of my gains in the first 6-8 weeks, and most importantly I avoid the ups and downs of longer cycles. A typical cycle might look like 6 weeks of 200mg prop eod + 150mg anadrol post workout + 10iu humalog post workout. After that I jump on some hCG with arimidex and I'm ready for another round.

No doubt the longer the better. If your a serious competitive bber you're probably looking at spending at least 8 months on. But if you're juicing to maintain a decent level of muscularity and not trying to make a living 6-8on/6-10off works well.

thestudent
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks data. Anyone do the long cycles?

King-Of-Test
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm not the most knowledgeable bro on the board but I do shorter 6-8 week cycles. I think I can maintain a decent physique with shorter cycles, I tend to get 90% of my gains in the first 6-8 weeks, and most importantly I avoid the ups and downs of longer cycles. A typical cycle might look like 6 weeks of 200mg prop eod + 150mg anadrol post workout + 10iu humalog post workout. After that I jump on some hCG with arimidex and I'm ready for another round.

No doubt the longer the better. If your a serious competitive bber you're probably looking at spending at least 8 months on. But if you're juicing to maintain a decent level of muscularity and not trying to make a living 6-8on/6-10off works well.

u take 150mg anadrol post?! too much maybe?

King-Of-Test
04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks data. Anyone do the long cycles?

I've started with 500 test a week for a month and went up to 1000 and intending to do so for a few months maybe 4... really great tho:)

data
04-20-2010, 01:25 AM
u take 150mg anadrol post?! too much maybe?

maybe for a small woman.

na bro I hit the gym 3-4x/wk so thats only 400-600mg/wk ... plus I only do short cycles right ... I've only done 3 cycles in the past two years ... so I just blast for 6-8 weeks at a time ... thinking about competing tho so I might just stay on a gram of test and see what I can do.

jacshelb
04-20-2010, 01:58 AM
I find that I experience more sides during a 12 week cycle and the same gains as I do in an 8 week cycle. As far as keeping the gains, that's all about your pct plan imo. Lots of quality calories/protein, good training (not over-training), and the proper helpers like low-mod dose GH, igf-1, sarm s4, aromasin etc. Use the gh and sarms until your next cycle and you're good to go. You'll lose muscle volume (blood volume and muscle water weight) when you come off the aas, but other than that you shouldn't lose much of anything between cycles doing it the way I talk about.

Ninja Loco
04-20-2010, 02:04 AM

I find that I experience more sides during a 12 week cycle and the same gains as I do in an 8 week cycle. As far as keeping the gains, that's all about your pct plan imo. Lots of quality calories/protein, good training (not over-training), and the proper helpers like low-mod dose GH, igf-1, sarm s4, aromasin etc. Use the gh and sarms until your next cycle and you're good to go. You'll lose muscle volume (blood volume and muscle water weight) when you come off the aas, but other than that you shouldn't lose much of anything between cycles doing it the way I talk about.
Both of these, all the way around. Im not the most knowledgeable or experienced but I also find that shorter cycles works better for me overall. As in cost/benefit ratio/sides. Bear in mind that not all people experience the same thing, some people can keep growing after the first few weeks. I hope those people chime in and give their experiences.

As far as keeping the gains it's just like jack said. In PCT you dont have the gear to help recover or keep you anabolic, so you must do those two things without the gear. And that comes down to what anyone should have in place before they start a cycle: knowledge of how to keep making or retaining gains naturaly.

Gunners
04-20-2010, 07:19 AM
I like longer cycles, IMO, this helps to synthesize the most gains, 12-16 weeks, you can combat platues by increasing your test and/or switching compounds.

thestudent
04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I've asked this question on another board as well and it seems that a lot of people think the body needs time to adjust to the new muscle. 15 to 20 weeks seems to be very popular. Has everyone/anyone answering this question tried the longer cycles as well?

Ninja Loco
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
I've asked this question on another board as well and it seems that a lot of people think the body needs time to adjust to the new muscle. 15 to 20 weeks seems to be very popular. Has everyone/anyone answering this question tried the longer cycles as well?
Ive tried longer cycles, yes. Just wasnt for me for the reasons I outline. Its all individual, bro. Try both and see how your body responds. You're doing great by asking questions but you're not going to get a full answer like your own body will give you.

thestudent
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Indeed, ninja.