PDA

View Full Version : Distilled or Regular water also carb loading

BigM123
04-20-2010, 05:08 AM
just wanted to know what you guys drink the week before the show do you drink distilled or do you drink regular water and how much. Also what methods do you guys use to carb load? is there a measurement to taking in carbs and water as to lbs per body? thanks all your input will be greatly appreciated

WILDMAN
04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I am not sure if you are aware that distilled water is actually a diuretic, it will leech the potassium from your kidneys. So if you are using a potassium based diuretic it is counterproductive.

BigM123
04-21-2010, 02:14 AM
i am going to be using hydrazide muscle tech it has potassium in it but i dont know if its potassium based.

WILDMAN
04-21-2010, 06:52 AM
i am going to be using hydrazide muscle tech it has potassium in it but i dont know if its potassium based.

Distilled water on its own would actually be a superior diuretic, any diuretic containing potassium would be counterproductive. so if you are dead set on hydrazide just go with regular water.
I am not sure how detailed you want to get with carb loading, there are many options. The old standard goes 30g(per meal) 1st day, 40g 2nd day, 50g 3rd day, and 50g on the day of the show. There are combinations of fat loading, and carb loading were you can fine tune with water intake.

esgibson
04-21-2010, 12:56 PM
as far as water goes..i made a big mistake and was drinkin water out of the tap in prep for my show..i was gettin headaches that would last for days at a time and i just figured it was the diet doin it or stress but once peak week came i switched to spring water and the headache i had for 3 days straight was gone by the time i finished my first gal..i will never drink water from the city in prep again..it was terrible but a simple and fairly cheap fix...spring water has some minerals and shit in it that distilled water doesn't have..i feel it's superior to spring water because of that but whatever works for u do it..just my 2 cents