PDA

View Full Version : Posing video...need advice!

Iron Bulldog
03-12-2009, 12:25 AM
2 1/2 weeks out, trying to fine tune my routine...any advice would help. Sorry about the lighting in the video...old camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co8W2VWcIF4

greuceanu
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM
A few comments:

-don't chew gum;
-maintain poses longer,much longer;
-chest out when doing front relaxed, bend knees slightly;
-bend the knees a little when doing arms up poses, they look too stiff;inhale, do a vacuum and pull lats out;
-bend legs a bit less when doing front lat spread;
-don't keep legs so wide apart in rear poses,looks like you have a dildo up your ass,glutes look weird, makes legs skinnier and your back looks less wide because of the wide support base-i don't understand why people do this;
-chest up on side chest pose, tilt a little to the left and compress arm against body;
-don't rub your serratus, it's cheesy;
-don't slap thigh, you're not Branch Warren;

Shadow
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
ROFL. "Don't chew gum."

You seem confident. That's important. What greuceanu said is pretty spot on.

MusclesMarinara
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
A few comments:

-don't chew gum;
-bend the knees a little when doing arms up poses, they look too stiff;inhale, do a vacuum and pull lats out;
-don't keep legs so wide apart in rear poses,looks like you have a dildo up your ass,glutes look weird, makes legs skinnier and your back looks less wide because of the wide support base-i don't understand why people do this;
-chest up on side chest pose, tilt a little to the left and compress arm against body;

pretty much said it all

MisledYouth
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
slooooooooowwwww down!

AVBG
03-13-2009, 02:24 PM
hold your poses longer
choose different music to assist with better transitions

What works for me is to "storyboard" the routine on to paper drawing stick figures of the poses then you can view what sequence of poses will work.

AlonePowers
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Practice,practice and practice posing. learn to control your breathing. Relax, wait and hit the pose. Remember there are no mirrors on stage. Go over the mandatory poses as well as the auxillary poses. remember what Arnold says"if you dont have it,dont hit it.."

the mighty stu
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Flows well. Dig the music.

S

Military Might
03-15-2009, 04:34 PM
on most of your poses i'm not seeing any flexing of your quads from the front. Don't forget to make those quads pop on your front lat spread.

thepump
03-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Looks good. I hit you up on youtube page as well. All positive no worries.

No gum, slow down, keep tight front and back, as well as, have fun show the judges you are meant to win.

Hold the poses for 30sec., do your manditory poses every night for 30min
3weeks up to the show.

And always pose after and during your workouts. :eek:lol pain I know.

You look great bro, keep up the great work. Music was good and you flowed pretty well once you held the poses longer. Smile and get the crowed fired up and you will be on your way to the win.

take care:beerbang:

meatheadio
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
A few comments:

-don't chew gum;

Well said, no bullshit advice.