PDA

View Full Version : Some poses I am working on

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Once again I don't want to double post, I just don't like too much traffic in my journal, hard to see my progress when I have to scroll up pages.

I posted some pics as I am working on some shots, My shoulder still has a limited range of motion so my lat pose is suffering.

I would like to know which MM pose shows more.

Baldie AX Espl can you guys offer some assistance here?

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - BH Journal

Mac
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Posted this in your journal too :

Look at that biceps peak, fucking nice.

you asked for some criticism.

In your back double bi, you're crunching your back too much. Spread your lats more and bring elbows forward and up a bit. Then rotate your hands back so they're inline with your shoulders. They're a bit forward.

Great job brother.

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
hmm you are correct, I am crunching too far back, shit thanks. I was wondering why my lats looked so small.

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I can't edit my post but for future reference, how do you post a link of the page you want it to show?

Mac
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
The post # in the upper right hand corner is the link to that post.

You can also copy the link of an image too.

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
The post # in the upper right hand corner is the link to that post.

You can also copy the link of an image too.

Thanks man, you learn something new everyday :D

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
[quote=bodyhard;977258]

John...MM meaning Most Muscular? There are two conventional Most Muscular poses accepted by the judges. First and most common is the crab shot. Second is the hands on hips, scrunching just a tad and flexing from toes to traps. We would need to see YOU do both in order to comment.

Baldie

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 12:14 PM
[quote=bodyhard;977258]

John...MM meaning Most Muscular? There are two conventional Most Muscular poses accepted by the judges. First and most common is the crab shot. Second is the hands on hips, scrunching just a tad and flexing from toes to traps. We would need to see YOU do both in order to comment.

Baldie

Yes most muscular (crab shot) out of the 3 that I posted which one seems to be the best. I don't like doing the one with the hands on hips

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I would say number one if you only scrunched hard down on your belly.

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Rear lat...drop your hands to the waist.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/DSC_1386_AXNVRLOUCP.jpg

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
I would say number one if you only scrunched hard down on your belly.

Baldie

Cool thanks Baldie, I am not really concern with abs at the moment as I am trying to get as big as I possibly can. Getting lean is really easy for me.

Although I never went under 10% but once I start dieting and doing cardio that should be a breeze for me, since I have never ever dieted nor did cardio

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Rear lat...drop your hands to the waist.

I'll try that and see how it looks. Thanks!

axioma
04-21-2010, 03:11 PM
The crossed fist MM works well for you, just move fists below navel.
Side chest: PULL back on the outside arm, to flare the rear delt and pull fists into abs. Arch the back a little bit to exaggerate the pec height.
Lats are plenty wide, just grab waist and PUSH into the sides at the same time.
Rear dbl bicep: what mac said, retract the scapula then SPREAD it out, as if you are going to touch each side of a doorway with your elbow.

Great job!

bodyhard
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
The crossed fist MM works well for you, just move fists below navel.
Side chest: PULL back on the outside arm, to flare the rear delt and pull fists into abs. Arch the back a little bit to exaggerate the pec height.
Lats are plenty wide, just grab waist and PUSH into the sides at the same time.
Rear dbl bicep: what mac said, retract the scapula then SPREAD it out, as if you are going to touch each side of a doorway with your elbow.

Great job!

Thanks man, practicing right now and will practice some more.

bodyhard
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
This posing shit is not fucking easy waaayyyyy too many conflicting.

I posted these same pics at BB.com traffic is higher there and the amount of PM's I have gotten with suggestion all conflict with one another.

I knew posing.flexing was difficult, but man I never knew the placing of the hands/arms, the leaning back/too far back or not far back enough would be that big of a difference.

Also some suggested hiring a posing coach?? What the fuck is that?

Mac
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Take the good with the bad and move forward. You don't need the entire world commenting on your posing. I thought the comments here were right on the money.

You don't need a coach to teach you posing. Put your pics up in the physique critique thread and get their advice.

bodyhard
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Take the good with the bad and move forward. You don't need the entire world commenting on your posing. I thought the comments here were right on the money.

You don't need a coach to teach you posing. Put your pics up in the physique critique thread and get their advice.

I am not ready for a physique critique, not even close.

axioma
04-22-2010, 11:25 AM

Agree, you are among friends. Most of the guys who offered advice know (at least from what I've seen) how to pose. You're right, you don't need a novice or non-competitor giving you advice. That is the beauty of this forum. Keep it up, doing great.

esplendido
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Posing is an individual thing. You might hold a position that others don't because it shows your physique off better. And some positions should be outlawed. For instance, the crouched side chest is about as gay as it gets. It looks good on women, but not men.

You're looking thick! You should open your poses up because you have nice mass. Remember on Pumping Iron where Arnold is instructing the short guy to open his pose instead of closing it in? You seem to do the same thing. I don't care where your hands are, etc.....feel BIG and pose BIG! Spread it out, open it up, show it off. Find the poses that make YOU look good.

bodyhard
04-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Agree, you are among friends. Most of the guys who offered advice know (at least from what I've seen) how to pose. You're right, you don't need a novice or non-competitor giving you advice. That is the beauty of this forum. Keep it up, doing great.

Makes perfect sense

Posing is an individual thing. You might hold a position that others don't because it shows your physique off better. And some positions should be outlawed. For instance, the crouched side chest is about as gay as it gets. It looks good on women, but not men.

You're looking thick! You should open your poses up because you have nice mass. Remember on Pumping Iron where Arnold is instructing the short guy to open his pose instead of closing it in? You seem to do the same thing. I don't care where your hands are, etc.....feel BIG and pose BIG! Spread it out, open it up, show it off. Find the poses that make YOU look good.

Thanks and I do remember what Arnold saying about opening up, truly appreciated.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
what happened to my post?

Mac
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
This server is having some issues in the last couple hours. Pages were not fully loading or timing out.

Mac
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Double post there.

bodyhard
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
what happened to my post?

Your post is in my journal :D

HeavyDutyGuy
04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Your post is in my journal :D
Damn low carb days......... thanks!