PDA

View Full Version : Cad - 14 Months To First Comp

cadaha
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Just thought I'd start this a bit early to see where I am now so I can get an idea of what I need to do to be ready for the Antilles comp next year.

Stats Now:

Height 5' 6"
Weight 186.5 lbs
BF % - approx 18% (at a guess)

Started a cycle 11.5 weeks ago and my weight was 162lbs

Testoviron 500mg (250mg twice a week)
Deca Durabolin 400mg (200mg twice a week)
Winny 100mg (50mg twice a week) - wanted to try and not take on too much water weight with the deca
Tamoxifen - 20mg ED (no titties please)
Proviron - 25mg ED (Protect the boys)

I did 10 weeks on this cycle and got to 190lbs and then adjusted the cycle to lean out for the last 6 weeks.

Testosterone Cyp 600mg (200mg 3 times a week) - couldn't get any more Testoviron
Tren A 50mg ED
Tamoxifen - 20mg ED (no titties please)
Proviron - 25mg ED (Protect the boys)

Dropped the Winny as I was getting a lot of pain in my elbows/forearms/wrists and think that the combination of Tren and Winny was drying me out too much and exaserbating the tendonitus.

My diet needs tweaking a now as I have changed from Muscle Juice to an ON Whey. Muscle Juice had a ton of cals and I need to adjust my nutrition to take into account the difference between them. Appetite pretty much sucks at the moment so need to suck it up and get the macros in.

Normally get 6 meals in now with 3 being protein drinks so:

Breaky: 8oz skimmed milk (0.1%), 2 eggs, one cup oats, one banana
PWS: 2 scoops ON Whey, one banana, 12oz skimmed milk (0.1%)
Lunch: 6 eggs scrambled, Apple, Pear
Shake: 2 scoops ON Whey,12oz skimmed milk (0.1%)
Dinner: Large chicken breast/White fish fillet, Lots of broccoli
Shake: 2 scoops ON Whey,12oz skimmed milk (0.1%)

I train 5 days a week, one body part per day with 20 - 30 mins cardio every WO day after my weights session.

That is basically where I am now. I am unsure of the class to enter as yet, Middleweight or Light Heavy. I have around 14 months to prep and want to be as perfect as I can for the weight class I aim for. I want to hit the class at the top weight allowed (176 1/4 lbs for Middleweight or 198 1/4 lbs for Light Heavyweight).

Like I said, I am 186.5lbs at the moment so it could be a big ask to get to 198lbs ripped in 14 months so I need to make a decision pretty quickly to allow me to structure my run up to the comp as best I can. I am hoping to be able to get another cycle in before the show.

I will be adding piccies soon so I have a record of where I am now.

This is just a personal Journal but chime in if you have some suggestions that can help me get to where I need to be to be the best on that stage for my class and age.

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the best and busiest part of rxmuscle. The old coots hang out! LOL

Seriously, looking forward to having you around, mate!

freebirdmac
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Best of training to you!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
We now know about your diet and gear. Whats your lifting history and current program?

Baldie

cadaha
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
We now know about your diet and gear. Whats your lifting history and current program?

Baldie

History:

Was in the Navy when I first started doing weights (Arnie's book and Weider Supps LOL)

Did weights for a few years then but deploying all the time kept screwing up my training and the food wasn't exactly healthy (too much fats and carbs). Trained as needed after that to keep fit and lost muscle size.

Left Navy, taught myself computer programming and became a couch potato.

Binned that and then got my PADI Instructor qual, leaned out and moved to the DR where I taught diving for a couple of years.

Burned out diving 6 days a week for not much money so started programming again. Gained a bit of flab but not too much and decided to get back into the gym about 18 months ago. Mr Dominican Republic became a good buddy of mine and persuaded me to up the level of intensity as he said that I have semi decent genes and at my height he could get me looking like a bodybuilder (which was my aim all those years ago).

Walked into the gym at 155lbs but looking pregnant lol and started hitting the iron. I haven't looked back since (apart from a little break when I rescued a puppy that fell off a 3 story apartment block. He broke his spine and cannot use his rear legs so needed 24/7 care at first to get him through the worst of it. He now plays with our GS and I don't think he realizes that he is disabled. After that back in the gym to carry on.

I now train 5 days a week each day is a seperate body part. I like to do abs and forearms at least twice a week. Forearms because I want to try and build some strength there to help with the tendonitus.

Mon: Shoulders
Tues: Chest
Wed: Legs
Thu: Back
Fri: Arms and misc (bi's are not being worked directly at the moment because of the tendonitus)

Abs and/or forearms when I don't feel wiped out from the weights session.

Each session is 45mins - 75mins depending on the bodypart trained that day. 20 - 30mins cardio on completion of the weights session (Usually hi intensity on a bike)

Felix persuaded me to try for a show next year so there I am. I now have a goal and I am really looking forward to stepping on the stage next June. It should be an awesome feeling to have actually done what I always wanted to do all those years ago.

cadaha
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Misc Day today,

Cardio, Abs, Forearms and Calves. Trying to give my tendons some rest.

Got some Motrin from the Pharmacy and they are bloody expensive over here. Just wondering if they are any better than other generic brand Ibrobrufen 800mg tabs out there.

Food:

8am: One Cup Oats, 2 Eggs, 12oz Skimmed Milk, Banana
11am: 2 Scoops ON Classic Protein, 12oz Skimmed Milk
2pm: Cajun Chicken Wraps (Mmmm) Full of chicken and salad
4:30pm: 2 Scoops ON Classic Protein, 12oz Skimmed Milk
Tonight: Large White Fish Fillet Grilled, 2 - 3 Cups Broccoli
Before Bed: 2 Scoops ON Classic Protein, 12oz Skimmed Milk

That is about it for today. Back Day tomorrow :) Gonna try out my new cafeine tabs (150mg Cafeine in each tab)

IL WNBF Pro
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Being that I know shit about gear...is that a 'light' drug cycle?

cadaha
04-22-2010, 06:55 PM
16 weeks is a fairly long cycle but the levels are fairly low compared to guys who are more experienced. I'm sure that experienced guys use more than 600mg test and 350mg Tren A per week.

esplendido
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
16 weeks is a fairly long cycle but the levels are fairly low compared to guys who are more experienced. I'm sure that experienced guys use more than 600mg test and 350mg Tren A per week.

True.

cadaha
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Today was supposed to be back day but I decided to do some forearm work first to give me some support by filling them up with blood. Just love the burn from forearms and calves :)

I decided to change the workout to a light arms day and beasted tri's but stayed low weights for bi's. Max weight was 25lb DB's on bi's but high reps to get a great burn and pump. Hammer movements hurt the least so did more of the hammer curl moves (DB and rope etc) to at least get some work done on the bi's. Tri's were worked hard as I have no issues with pain when working them. It was a great workout which achieved the aim for me of getting a load of blood into my arms.

W/E off now to recuperate either by the pool or on the beach :)

browny133
05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
just looking at your workout...why dont you try 2 on 1 off and do your cardio on rest days as it seems alot to cram in 5 days..eg day 1 legs
2 chest biceps
3 cardio
4 back
5 shoulders n triceps
6 cardio
7 either rest day or start at day 1 again