PDA

View Full Version : Better Body Sports Bata BCAA

Rattbones
04-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Got a sample from a friend, BBS Beta BCAA (http://betterbodysports.com/html/products/beta-bcaas.html). Has anyone else tried this product yet? Has 4:1:1 ratio of bcaa, and it's pretty cheep, about $37 if I remember correctly. Gave me the jitters at full strength, and I'm pretty good size, so it's strong shit. Just wanted to get others opinions of it.

Justin198922
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Never tried it, i thought optimum ratio for BCAA was 2:1:1. Am i wrong?

Rattbones
04-24-2010, 08:38 AM
research coming out today indicates 4:1:1 to be superior.
Heres a quick cut and paste from an article I found on-line

Leucine is an essential amino acid (meaning the human body cannot synthesize it and it needs to come from dietary methods). Leucine has recently been growing in popularity due to its ability to initiate protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. Leucine does so by activating the anabolic pathway mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin), which lets the body know that there is sufficient protein to begin synthesizing new skeletal muscle Protein. Protein synthesis is initiated when there is a greater concentration of leucine in the mTOR pathway. Leucine will also cause a release of insulin, which will further encourage anabolism. Supplemental leucine is ideal for athletes looking to make changes in their physique because it can be used for its anabolic abilities while gaining muscle mass and its anti-catabolism properties while cutting fat. Leucine will also aid muscles in the recovery from the vigorous training of any type of athlete.

Although L-leucine is the most coveted component of the BCAA family, and the heart of our product, we don't want you to think that L-valine and L-isoleucine are marginal ingredients, so here are a few of their benefits:

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to maintain a positive nitrogen balance in the body.

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to repair and heal muscle tissue.

L-valine is needed for metabolism within muscle cells.

L-valine is found in high quantities in muscle tissues.

L-isoleucine has the ability to increase endurance and stamina.
L-isoleucine's most intriguing use is its ability to maintain energy levels by regulating blood sugar levels.

Rattbones
04-30-2010, 02:00 AM
I emailed Better Body Sports and here is what I got back form them

"Yes actually the citrus flavor (without coloring) should be done next week! The future black cherry will not have coloring as well. What store do u shop at? I'll make sure they know to get the new flavor in."

Seem like good people, check them out if you get a chance.