PDA

View Full Version : nolvadex question for figure girl

debbiebramwell
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey guys, my training partner was asking me about nolvadex for his wife who is a figure competitor. She has never taken it before. How would she take it for a show(last 8 weeks?) How much 10mg twice a day? He said she needs a little help with the legs the older she gets. She comes in good shape. What should I tell him?

GirlyMuscle
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
That would be my suggestion. 10mg every 12 hours at 8 weeks out.

sassy69
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
That's the standard protocol - 20 mg / day, split in half (as the half life is < 12 hrs), no more than 8 weeks. I think there's a lot of debate around the concept of "estrogen rebound" but common protocol is to slowly drop the dose (e.g. in half for 2 days, half of that for another 2 days, down to nothing over the week following the show date). Just generally important to understand that this is a hormone manipulation so some water retention, amenorrhea, etc. is all potential sides starting the cycle or coming off.

debbiebramwell
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
ok another question. I told him 10 mg 12 hours apart for 8 weeks and taper off. He said wow isnt that alot? He said maybe he will give her half. Is that too little ?

GirlyMuscle
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
That's not too much in my opinion.

Suzanne
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM
I start at 10 split 5 and 5 at 8 weeks out for BBing go up as needed

Lee Penman
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
10mg split every 12 hrs is definitely not too much........

sassy69
04-27-2010, 12:46 AM
ok another question. I told him 10 mg 12 hours apart for 8 weeks and taper off. He said wow isnt that alot? He said maybe he will give her half. Is that too little ?

20 mg (in half doses) was the std recommendation out of the Anabolics 200x and as such is probably one of the most common "cycles".

That said, certainly be aware of the sides and pay attention to anything odd (primarly , anything other than an interrupted period, or breakthru bleeding) as this is still self-medication and each individual has the potential for issues.

Bryan Hildebrand
04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
also, if combined with a diuretic, post show, take precautions:

taper your diuretic. stopping it cold can cause a large fluid retention resulting in painful musculature and joints.

taper your nolvadex as well. combined with a diuretic rebound can cause prolonged hormonal recovery.

starting with 5mg q 12 hours will be fine. adjust as neccessary.

figure11
05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Do you recommend taking any other anti-estrogen supps. with the Nolvadex? Some one told me they would take 6OXO with it to get better results; but, since that product is no longer available I didn't know if there is a comperable product or if Nolvadex is fine alone.

sassy69
05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Do you recommend taking any other anti-estrogen supps. with the Nolvadex? Some one told me they would take 6OXO with it to get better results; but, since that product is no longer available I didn't know if there is a comperable product or if Nolvadex is fine alone.

Nolvadex is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) which is essentially the only one available that addresses female estrogen production directly. The other stuff is all aromatase inhibitors (i.e. inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen) that will address primarily estrogen resulting from any exogeneous test you might be injecting or, on a very small level, the conversion of testosterone from the adrenals. (I'm not an expert but it seems to become a bigger deal if you are postmenopausal or post-hysterectomy).

6-0XO targets that exogenous test conversion. Such products are generally targeted at men where any additional estrogen in the system from other test sources (e.g. steroids, prohormones) would become an issue in promoting more water retention, estrogen-pattern fat depositing, breast tissue growth aka "bitch tits", etc.). I think a comparable product might be Gaspari Novedex XT. It purports to be a testosterone booster and aromatase inhibitor, similar to 6-OXO.

s2h
05-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Hey guys, my training partner was asking me about nolvadex for his wife who is a figure competitor. She has never taken it before. How would she take it for a show(last 8 weeks?) How much 10mg twice a day? He said she needs a little help with the legs the older she gets. She comes in good shape. What should I tell him?what problem does she have with her leggs...seperation...holding water...excess fat?