PDA

View Full Version : The only way I enjoy salmon, in under 20 mintues

gottabecool
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Lay a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and bend the edges up so the oil doesn't run off.
2- 4oz salmon steaks, drizzle some mac nut oil on/under them, sprinkle (I use a LOT) garlic salt, and Tony Chacherie's Cajun seasoning, weigh out shaved almonds to make up the difference in fat. Sprinkle some more garlic/cajun goodness on it, close the foil up and broil in the oven until cooked, I cook mine for 15-18 minutes.

You now have the only way I actually LIKE to eat salmon.

The macros for me end up being
~50g of protein
~18g of fat
~3g of net carbs

:drool:

GirlyMuscle
04-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I think thats a big problem for most people. They overcook it and dry it out. It should be just flakey so you're on the right track.

btw...I LOVE Tony Chacherie's!!

spritz0
04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Another Salmon idea here as I live in the "Salmon Paradise" Vancouver, Canada. Same use of a cookie sheet, and aluminum foil- paint both sides of the fillet with minced garlic and ginger (jars with both are available in any Indian store) and then drizzle with Mac oil or extra virgin olive oil... seal up the foil, bake on 350F for 15 minutes and ENJOY!!!

gottabecool
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I think thats a big problem for most people. They overcook it and dry it out. It should be just flakey so you're on the right track.

btw...I LOVE Tony Chacherie's!!

Well the wife prefers the crispiness...I love the cooked "Just enough" level. For me, in my oven, I broil my fillets for 15 minutes, hers stay in till 25.

dsyndrome
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I have been eating salmon everyday for the last 6 months and I am still lovin it. Tin foil, mac oil, cajun seasoning and some montreal steak seasoning. Wrap it up and throw it in the oven or BBQ if you can. 15 minutes and enjoy!!!