PDA

View Full Version : I bought some fiberlyze and it tastes awful. Am I doing something wrong?

heavy2healthy
04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Got the lemonade flavor put a scoop in cold water and it was clumpy that didnt bother me.But the taste was bad I thought I was going to throw up. Did I not put enough water I used around 8 oz? Or is it something you just have to get used too?

tammyp
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
blend it in some crystal lite if you dont like the taste. i wisk mine into egg whites.

shredstack
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Got the lemonade flavor put a scoop in cold water and it was clumpy that didnt bother me.But the taste was bad I thought I was going to throw up. Did I not put enough water I used around 8 oz? Or is it something you just have to get used too?
This is obviously a shill account. Fiberlyze tastes great and is certainly the best tasting fiber supplement around.

heavy2healthy
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
This is obviously a shill account. Fiberlyze tastes great and is certainly the best tasting fiber supplement around.

Please tell me your joking. I asked if I did something wrong. Who would I be a shill for ?

heavy2healthy
04-24-2010, 11:43 PM
blend it in some crystal lite if you dont like the taste. i wisk mine into egg whites.
I will try that thanks :)

SallyAnne
04-25-2010, 12:18 AM
I will try that thanks :)

It takes some getting used to, but I actually love the lemon flavor best. I don't think it's the flavor as much as it is the fiber that's hard to get down. It becomes easier with practice. lol I have to tell you that it definitely IS the best fiber supplement out there. I've tried several and this one WORKS.

heavy2healthy
04-25-2010, 12:50 AM
It takes some getting used to, but I actually love the lemon flavor best. I don't think it's the flavor as much as it is the fiber that's hard to get down. It becomes easier with practice. lol I have to tell you that it definitely IS the best fiber supplement out there. I've tried several and this one WORKS.
cool I will stick with it. :)

Curt James
04-25-2010, 02:03 AM

I've seen more than one post in other Fiberlyze thread state that clumping happens. I've never had that problem. Never tried lemonade though.

Try Fruit Punch. I love that stuff. Mixes well (for me anyway) in about 10-12 ounces of water and I've sprinkled it on my oatmeal, too. And it definitely WORKS.

:yep:

SallyAnne
04-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I've seen more than one post in other Fiberlyze thread state that clumping happens. I've never had that problem. Never tried lemonade though.

Try Fruit Punch. I love that stuff. Mixes well (for me anyway) in about 10-12 ounces of water and I've sprinkled it on my oatmeal, too. And it definitely WORKS.

:yep:

Putting it in oatmeal is a great idea. I'll have to try that one day when I can have carbs again. ;)

Youngguns
04-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Does it bulk your stools up nicely?

I've not been eating enough greens on my diet and my stools are no longer pleasant in passing. I long for a soft, mucus coated stool.

heavy2healthy
04-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I sucked up and drank it before I went to bed. Drinking it quick it wasnt bad the first time I was drinking it like fine wine not a good idea lol. I was having problems for two days and this morning the flood gates opened. A good product.

Curt James
04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Putting it in oatmeal is a great idea. I'll have to try that one day when I can have carbs again. ;)

I found that sprinkling it lightly over the surface and then eating it like that works best. If you try to mix it in, well, it clumps pretty severely. But it tastes great if it just kind of melts into the top layer of your oatmeal.

:bowdown: http://www.taylor-roth.com/images/fiberlyze.gif

I'm following this meal plan right now, so no oatmeal for me either.

Meal #1
8 egg whites, 3 Omegalyze softgels
Meal #2
Shake: 1 scoop Isolyze (29g for 27g protein and 110 calories) with 1 level teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)
Meal #3
8 oz chicken
Meal #4
Shake: 1 scoop Isolyze (29g for 27g protein and 110 calories) with 1 level teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added)
Meal #5
8 oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad with 2 tablespoon of EVOO
Meal #6
Shake: 1 scoop Isolyze (29g for 27g protein and 110 calories) with 1 level teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added), 3 Omegalyze softgels

Once per week: Spaghetti and meatballs! (in place of Meal #6)

Curt James
04-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I sucked up and drank it before I went to bed. Drinking it quick it wasnt bad the first time I was drinking it like fine wine not a good idea lol. I was having problems for two days and this morning the flood gates opened. A good product.

lol :D Yes, warn all innocent bystanders! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/errgh.gif

Sandpig
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I found that sprinkling it lightly over the surface and then eating it like that works best. If you try to mix it in, well, it clumps pretty severely. But it tastes great if it just kind of melts into the top layer of your oatmeal.

Meal #1
Meal #2
Meal #3
8 oz chicken
Meal #4
Meal #5
8 oz salmon, swordfish, or red meat with a green salad with 2 tablespoon of EVOO
Meal #6
Shake: 1 scoop Isolyze (29g for 27g protein and 110 calories) with 1 level teaspoon of All Natural PB (no sugar added), 3 Omegalyze softgels

Why only 1 teaspoon of PB in the shakes?

Curt James
04-25-2010, 06:26 PM
^I just eat a spoonful. Never add it in the shakes. Too much hassle to mix, I suspect. Don't want to waste a bit of it.

Because I had been eating too much, a heaping teaspoon and the weight has not been coming off. Reduced the tsp to a level serving rather than heaping. That posted diet is an adjustment from a previous incarnation from Dave's S.M.A.R.T. course.

The diet is for a 200lb man and although I'm 200 (okay, about 195), it's not lean tissue. Making adjustments and seeing what next Saturday's weigh-in brings.

People see the skinny neck and the long face and think "skinny" but I have a wide waist structure, hips out to here, and so need to control my gut. It's out of control. Aesthetic nightmare.

Some are meant to compete while others are meant to simply appreciate competitors is what I'm thinking. Not giving up, but the waist is on the 2010 Ronnie Coleman standard.

:dunno:

Sandpig
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM
^I just eat a spoonful. Never add it in the shakes. Too much hassle to mix, I suspect. Don't want to waste a bit of it.

Because I had been eating too much, a heaping teaspoon and the weight has not been coming off. Reduced the tsp to a level serving rather than heaping. That posted diet is an adjustment from a previous incarnation from Dave's S.M.A.R.T. course.

The diet is for a 200lb man and although I'm 200 (okay, about 195), it's not lean tissue. Making adjustments and seeing what next Saturday's weigh-in brings.

People see the skinny neck and the long face and think "skinny" but I have a wide waist structure, hips out to here, and so need to control my gut. It's out of control. Aesthetic nightmare.

Some are meant to compete while others are meant to simply appreciate competitors is what I'm thinking. Not giving up, but the waist is on the 2010 Ronnie Coleman standard.

:dunno:
OK, but your not getting much fat in on those meals.

Youngguns
04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
tbsp could be 10g of fat

Either way that doesn;t sound like enough food.

Are you doing cardio? And why so little veggies?

....oh keto.

Curt James
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Fiberlyze thread hijack in progress!

I have a training journal. Go and give me hell (and advice ;)) there.

Appreciate most input. :beerbang:

Sandpig
04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
:zip: Sorry.

WILDMAN
04-26-2010, 06:51 AM
There does seem to be some inconsistency, in texture and taste lately. Some taste fine, and some taste like it has been seasoned twice. Maybe you got one of those.

zubbeyboy
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I actually love the taste. While dieting i was eating it with a spoon. Only drawback of spooning it was it sticks to your teeth and gums like frickin glue LOL

Steve56
04-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Meal #1
Meal #2
Meal #3
8 oz chicken
Meal #4
Meal #5
Meal #6

Now start eating twice that amount and start getting big!! lol jk...looks like a solid plan

GENESIS
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM
i saw in another thread where someone suggested putting it into the freezer for 10 mins or so before consuming it, and i like this method the best. its like a lil slushy, i eat it with a spoon and its quite the treat actually.

boatman
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
if I have been using a teaspoon of metamucil how does that equate to fiberlyze. Metamucil has 3 grams fiber per serving and fiberlyze says 9 grams fiber per serving. WHat is that, ike a tablespoon (says 12 grams is a serving)

Curt James
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
^The container states "Mix 1 teaspoon or 1 scoop in 8 oz of water 2-3 times daily" but one heaping teaspoon in an Isolyze shake at bedtime works great all by itself.

:zip: Sorry.

No apology necessary for me, SP. I'm the hijack king. :o

I actually love the taste. While dieting i was eating it with a spoon. Only drawback of spooning it was it sticks to your teeth and gums like frickin glue LOL

This!

Now start eating twice that amount and start getting big!! lol jk...looks like a solid plan

Nah, not happening. I need to get my gut under control.

SallyAnne
04-29-2010, 12:31 AM
The fruit punch flavor is best, the lemonade tastes nasty to me.

the two mixed together are pretty good.

GENESIS
04-29-2010, 11:54 AM
the two mixed together are pretty good.

damn women!!! 18 grams of fiber? Make sure you got strong doors on those flood gates...

;)

Wrex
04-29-2010, 01:55 PM
it seems to settle and become a thick paste for me, even with one scoop, and around 12 ounces of water... The shake I mean.

debbiebramwell
04-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I Love the fruit punch. Didnt like the other one. I mix it in blender with ice and diet grape soda or diet sunkist! It is sooooo good like that!! Try it!!

SallyAnne
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
I actually wish they'd make an unflavored fiber supplement. You could add it to egg whites and make "bread". I'd eat it all day long that way.

Wrex
04-29-2010, 10:52 PM
I actually wish they'd make an unflavored fiber supplement. You could add it to egg whites and make "bread". I'd eat it all day long that way.

I think NOW has one

fitbody
04-30-2010, 01:26 AM
i actually mix the lemonade and fruit punch together
i think it tastes the better than either seperate
i mix with water in a shaker cup and drink it fast
don't let it sit

G-Roy
04-30-2010, 09:33 AM

just buy psyllium husk (the main ingredient in fiberlyze). I get 500g for like 5$. You can use it to cook with or buy flax meal which is liek 4.5 g o fiber per scoop.

I will never understand why you would want to use a fiber supp with artificial sweeteners in it.

SallyAnne
04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I have golden flax meal, but it contains fat and not part of my diet - so can't eat it. I use it in the off season, though. I just like how well fiberlyze works.

lou0178
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
since when is a fiber supplement going to taste good, please...!

Wrex
04-30-2010, 02:37 PM
i actually mix the lemonade and fruit punch together
i think it tastes the better than either seperate
i mix with water in a shaker cup and drink it fast
don't let it sit

Yeah I realized now you gotta drink it fast. Thanks!

DannyAbs
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I really like both flavors of Fiberlyze. If you are doing Keto, it is a nice treat. You will also have the best 'movements' of your life. My only complaint was that it was under-dosed. Some times I would get 27 to 28 serving and other times as little as 22 to 23. I never got the 30 servings claimed on the label. I really like the Species line, but made the decision to more away from as many artifical sweetners as I could.

The Prodigy
05-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Can you eat it with a spoon? Without enough water won't it bind up in your gut? I was told not to eat it!

GENESIS
05-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Can you eat it with a spoon? Without enough water won't it bind up in your gut? I was told not to eat it!

If your drinking water while your eating is with a spoon, i wouldnt see a problem to that...

heavy2healthy
06-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I was adding to splenda to the lemonade and putting it in a blender.I called it swamp water because that's what it looked like. Made it bearable and easy to drink. But now I tried the fruit punch and that rocks. I might try mixing them together because the fruit punch tastes so good I want to throw the lemonade out lol .

Meatwagon
06-17-2010, 05:02 AM

welcome to my addiction with peanut butter.

on another note; fiberlyze sounds amazing. I'm definitly gonna have to try it on my next cut

The Prodigy
06-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I like the idea of mixing the flavors together! Never thought of doing that!

Tu Holmes
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes... you ARE doing something wrong.

You are drinking it.

:D

Heavyroller
09-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I can't drink the lemonade flavor either its been sitting on top of my fridge for a couple months now. But the fruit punch is good, I usually put it in my shakes. I go through a couple cans of FP a month.