PDA

View Full Version : from metamucil to fiberlyze

boatman
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey guys. I have been taking atsp of metamucil at night for a ong time now and just got some fiberlyze to see if it really is any better. A serving of metamucil is one tsp/5.8 grams. The fiberlyze serving says 12 grams is a serving.

Now, the metamucil has 3 grams of fiber in the 5.8 gram serving, and the fiberlyze has 8. Shoul I start out with maybe like 2/3rds of the fiberyze dose so I am not upping my fiber to quickly, an after a couple of days do the full twelve grams?

dsyndrome
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I did the fiberlyze till I realized that costco and walmart (metamucil) could save me enough money that I could use it on something of more importance like ISOLYZE!!!

Jermo
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
I just tried my first tub of Fiberlyze and it was AWESOME!!! I have never shit so well in my life before, lol. Boatman, don't worry about doing a full serving, after a few days u could even increase it to 2 servings as recommended. Because fiberlyze also has insoluble fiber (unlike most fiber supplements), you shouldn't get diarhea or gas. I personally noticed a huge difference between using Benefiber and Fiberlyze. Its soluble fibers (especially inulin, found in Benefiber) that can cause gastrointestinal distress when taken in excessive quantities. Insoluble fiber (like wheat bran) helps the compacting and removal of fecies from your colon.