View Full Version : 2009 NPC IL Schedule

BigPablo300
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
April 4th, 2009
2009 Mid-Illinois Fitness & Figure
Ottawa, IL
Organizers: Jeff & Ann Johnson
For show details, visit:
http://www.flexgymonline.com/mibcflash/contest.html (http://www.flexgymonline.com/mibcflash/contest.html)

May 2nd, 2009
Grand Prix Natural Bodybuilding and Figure
Jefferson High School
Rockford, IL
Kevin Noble
1-815-621-8223
http://www.kevinnoble.com (http://www.kevinnoble.com/)

May 16th, 2009
Illinois State Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure
Copernicus Foundation (The Gateway Theatre)
5216 W. Lawrence Avenue
Chicago, IL
Guest Poser: Michael Liberatore, New IFBB Pro
Schedule: Pre-judging 11 AM Evening show at 7 PM.
Special prizes for open and overall winners
New bikini division for 2009
First and second place qualify for national-level competition.
Overall winners of the men & women receive Excaliber Sword
Additional awards include Most Muscular for men and Most Symmetrical for women (open divisions only)
Organizer: Ronnie Alteri 224-388-2279 or e-mail [email protected] ([email protected])
Chuck Sanow 708-598-3846 or e-mail [email protected] ([email protected])

June 19th & 20th, 2009
Junior Nationals
Chicago, IL
Organizer: Pam Betz
Contact: 407-876-4467 or e-mail at [email protected] ([email protected])

September 5th, 2009
Continental Bodybuilding and Figure
St. Charles, IL
Guest Poser: Branch Warren
Organizers: Rob & Darlene Mayo
http://www.npccontinentalusa.net
(http://www.npccontinentalusa.net/)
November 7th, 2009
Midwest Ironman Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure Championship
Copernicus Foundation (The Gateway Theatre)
5216 W. Lawrence Avenue
Chicago, IL
Guest Poser: TBD
Schedule: Pre-judging 11 AM Evening show at 7 PM.
Special prizes for open and overall winners
Organizer: Ronnie Alteri 224-388-2279 [email protected] ([email protected])
Organizer: Chuck Sanow 708-598-3846 [email protected] ([email protected])
Make all checks for tickets or entry fees payable to either:
Chuck Sanow or Ronnie Alteri.

November date TBD, 2009
Natural Mid-State Classic
Bodybuilding and Figure Championships*
*National Qualifier
Rockford, IL
Guest Poser: TBD
Organizer: Kevin Noble
http://www.kevinnoble.com (http://www.kevinnoble.com/)

Koubs
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Anyone here doing any of the Illinois shows coming up in April or May?? I'm helping a guy get ready for his first show doing the May 2 Kevin Noble show... I know 1 other guy doing that one... and 3 guys from my gym doing the Ottowa one in April... Couple first timers, all real young guys, but they're looking real good... I'll be going to both shows though to support them

Steve Smith
03-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Illinois State. May 16th for me.

I hope to be in the 208-211lbs range.

Koubs, await my signal. I will soon have a website completely designed with everything Chicagoland/Illinois bodybuilding in mind.

I'll keep you posted.

- Block!

BigPablo300
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
What's up Block? I finally got over here to this forum. Still feeling a little crappy. Man was this a nasty ass bug.

Catwoman
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Blockhead

Oh how I've missed you since the Illinois forum went off grid. Do let us know when you have your site up and running. If you are competing on the 16th then I will have to attend.

Catwoman

Steve Smith
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Blockhead

Oh how I've missed you since the Illinois forum went off grid. Do let us know when you have your site up and running. If you are competing on the 16th then I will have to attend.

Catwoman

Hey, mama...

I'm glad that forum went down on that cheap out-dated site. I had fun with it for a while but when drama was dropped like it was hot I always got blamed or was the #1 Usual Suspect.

I have a geek buddy of mine helping me out with it. I have the domain name registered already. It will have a forum and it will be the most comprehensive and always up to date website dedicated to everything and anything bodybuilding, fitness, figure, bikini in Chicagoland/IL.

My vision is to do what the 'powers that be' are not doing. If it ostricizes me a little then so be it. My forum will be much like this and it will have ZERO censorship. I will literally have to be paid to remove a post or delete a thread. Like... send me a money order and I will delete it when I deposit it.

Until then, talk to me here.

May-16th. I'll be a heavyweight. I'm 236lbs today. I should be in the 208-211lb range. Here's to...

- Block!

Spauldo
03-14-2009, 01:01 AM
I will be at a few of those shows but I wont be competing. I wont be ready for another year

musclegoddess65
03-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Anyone here doing any of the Illinois shows coming up in April or May?? I'm helping a guy get ready for his first show doing the May 2 Kevin Noble show... I know 1 other guy doing that one... and 3 guys from my gym doing the Ottowa one in April... Couple first timers, all real young guys, but they're looking real good... I'll be going to both shows though to support them
Kevin Noble runs a great show! Be on time... rarely are Kevin's shows running late...

Unlike the NPC Cont. I believe show was to start at 11am... 12pm they are still weighing competitors...

musclegoddess65
03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
September 5th, 2009
Continental Bodybuilding and Figure
St. Charles, IL
Guest Poser: Branch Warren
Organizers: Rob & Darlene Mayo
http://www.npccontinentalusa.net (http://www.npccontinentalusa.net/)

I'll be competing in this one, and attending Kevin's May show!

Steve Smith
03-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Kevin The Noble does put on a good production and shows genuine enthusiasm for how the audience percieves his show(s) and what the competitors entering his show(s) think of him as a promoter and as a person.

In my opinion, his shows can be a little dragged-out and slightly boring. I only say that because it draws a moderate crowd and I have ill-feelings towards natural competitors and their friends/families who carry a pompous pristine attitudes. Not all, but pretty much most.

I contend that his show(s) were better about 4-5 years ago. The 70 mile drive from Chicago to Rockford also turns off many people including myself. I'm just a nitpicky asshole, though.

Nevertheless, I take nothing away from Kevin The Noble as a promoter and bodybuilding contributor.

Now.. The USA Continental is the absolute best show in The Land of Lincoln. There's no comparison. It rises above all other shows in Chicagoland/Illinois. The venue, sponsors, different guest-posers, time of year, depth of competition and reputation for being a smooth, fair and well-ran show makes it the 5-Star show around Illinois.

Despite the fact that I, personally, am competing in the Illinois State Show in May... I cannot say the same about the two shows held in the city -STRICTLY SPEAKING FOR THE UNSILENT MAJORITY. <--- Unsilent Majority. Popular Concensus.

What brings a Floridian to Illinois to compete, musclegoddess65?

- Block!

mindfcuk
03-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Chicago shows are fuckin ran like the CTA!!

musclegoddess65
03-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Kevin The Noble does put on a good production and shows genuine enthusiasm for how the audience percieves his show(s) and what the competitors entering his show(s) think of him as a promoter and as a person.

In my opinion, his shows can be a little dragged-out and slightly boring. I only say that because it draws a moderate crowd and I have ill-feelings towards natural competitors and their friends/families who carry a pompous pristine attitudes. Not all, but pretty much most.

I contend that his show(s) were better about 4-5 years ago. The 70 mile drive from Chicago to Rockford also turns off many people including myself. I'm just a nitpicky asshole, though.

Nevertheless, I take nothing away from Kevin The Noble as a promoter and bodybuilding contributor.

Now.. The USA Continental is the absolute best show in The Land of Lincoln. There's no comparison. It rises above all other shows in Chicagoland/Illinois. The venue, sponsors, different guest-posers, time of year, depth of competition and reputation for being a smooth, fair and well-ran show makes it the 5-Star show around Illinois.

Despite the fact that I, personally, am competing in the Illinois State Show in May... I cannot say the same about the two shows held in the city -STRICTLY SPEAKING FOR THE UNSILENT MAJORITY. <--- Unsilent Majority. Popular Concensus.

What brings a Floridian to Illinois to compete, musclegoddess65?

- Block!

block its actually the other way around... I live in IL now.. I am moving to Florida in September... but in my head I am already in Florida...

fitcorps
03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Kevin Noble puts on great s hows. I've done 3 of them and I am hoping to do the Midstages again. I've gotten 2nd and 1st in the MW the last 2 times and 2nd overall in 2007. I want to avenge that 2nd overall and see if I can't win take the overall this year!

Steve Smith
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Kevin Noble puts on great s hows. I've done 3 of them and I am hoping to do the Midstages again. I've gotten 2nd and 1st in the MW the last 2 times and 2nd overall in 2007. I want to avenge that 2nd overall and see if I can't win take the overall this year!

Grrr! Go get em, Tiger! Roar!

- Block!

BigPablo300
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I forgot to mention that Marcus Haley will be guest posing at the Jr. Nationals.

BigPablo300
03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Chicago shows are fuckin ran like the CTA!!

Yeah on a good day.

Suzanne
03-17-2009, 11:10 AM
If the IL State was closer to Jr Nats I would consider doing it.
I want a sword :D

I have lived NW Chicago Suburb for over 3 years and never even watched an IL show we always had a schedule conflict.

BigPablo300
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
If the IL State was closer to Jr Nats I would consider doing it.
I want a sword :D

I have lived NW Chicago Suburb for over 3 years and never even watched an IL show we always had a schedule conflict.

The Ironman also gives them away. Just so you know ;)

Steve Smith
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
The Illinois State and Midwest Ironman need to step up and swap out the swords for sculptured trophies.

The would be Step-1 in bringing back the glory to those two shows.

- Block!

BigPablo300
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
The Illinois State and Midwest Ironman need to step up and swap out the swords for sculptured trophies.

The would be Step-1 in bringing back the glory to those two shows.

- Block!

I want both dammit!!!

lilarnold
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
you doing anything this year pablo?

its adam

BigPablo300
03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
you doing anything this year pablo?

its adam

What's up bro? I still want to do the Continental and Ironman but we'll see. I am just getting over a bad flu and haven't been able to do anything. I might still gun for it but I have some size to put on yet. How about you? You trying to come in as a heavy weight?

indianamonster1986
03-17-2009, 11:40 PM
I'll be competing in the Mid-Illinois on April 4th...look for Michael Chavez. Have my diet posted in a thread....

BigPablo300
03-18-2009, 04:27 AM
I'll be competing in the Mid-Illinois on April 4th...look for Michael Chavez. Have my diet posted in a thread....

Good luck Mike. Unfortunately I won't be able to make that show. Hope you do some damage!

indianamonster1986
03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Good luck Mike. Unfortunately I won't be able to make that show. Hope you do some damage!

Thanks...just posed for Debbie Patton IFBB Pro and one of the head judges for the show. She said my back is very impressive and my conditioning is spot on. I have two lines in my glutes so far and two weeks and 3 days left til the show. Today was really rough at work. We had to fly down 113 trays from a tower 100ft above the ground. Needless to say my superintendant was on a power trip and doing dangerous shit to try and make a name for himself. Well I ended up getting super light headed and threw up before I hit the parking lot after work. I'm thinking about adding a 1/2 cup of oatmeal to two meals instead of carb and fat depleting....We shall see...

BigPablo300
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks...just posed for Debbie Patton IFBB Pro and one of the head judges for the show. She said my back is very impressive and my conditioning is spot on. I have two lines in my glutes so far and two weeks and 3 days left til the show. Today was really rough at work. We had to fly down 113 trays from a tower 100ft above the ground. Needless to say my superintendant was on a power trip and doing dangerous shit to try and make a name for himself. Well I ended up getting super light headed and threw up before I hit the parking lot after work. I'm thinking about adding a 1/2 cup of oatmeal to two meals instead of carb and fat depleting....We shall see...

You must work in construction. Sounds rough bro. Is this the first time you are dieting like this? Also just curious but how much do you think genetics plays in getting shredded glutes? Have you always been able to attain them? I only ask because some guys get crazy shredded but don't have em. I didn't have them when I competed last time but I'm still learning so I guess only time will tell.

lilarnold
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
You must work in construction. Sounds rough bro. Is this the first time you are dieting like this? Also just curious but how much do you think genetics plays in getting shredded glutes? Have you always been able to attain them? I only ask because some guys get crazy shredded but don't have em. I didn't have them when I competed last time but I'm still learning so I guess only time will tell.

6 more weeks and you woulda had them....you coulda been much leaner with more time IMO.

lilarnold
03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
What's up bro? I still want to do the Continental and Ironman but we'll see. I am just getting over a bad flu and haven't been able to do anything. I might still gun for it but I have some size to put on yet. How about you? You trying to come in as a heavy weight?

i need to be a heavy. you guys were all shorter than me and it made me look kinda stringy as a LHW. i know my frame can hold much more muscle. it was enough to beat you though!!!....just kidding man, all in good fun!!!

i hope to step on stage next time at 215-220ish. last off season i got up to about 228 at one point....it was sloppy but that is the most i had ever weighed up till that point.

i would like to get to 240 but leaner this off season and then decide when i will unveil the new package. possibly do the mid ill/ ill state combo next year.

ideally id like to qualify nationally by 2012...i think i can do it. and then maybe hit juniors just to see where i would need to go and what i would need to work on. i just dont want to get too big too fast and ruin my lines. thats one of my strengths.

BigPablo300
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
i need to be a heavy. you guys were all shorter than me and it made me look kinda stringy as a LHW. i know my frame can hold much more muscle. it was enough to beat you though!!!....just kidding man, all in good fun!!!

i hope to step on stage next time at 215-220ish. last off season i got up to about 228 at one point....it was sloppy but that is the most i had ever weighed up till that point.

i would like to get to 240 but leaner this off season and then decide when i will unveil the new package. possibly do the mid ill/ ill state combo next year.

ideally id like to qualify nationally by 2012...i think i can do it. and then maybe hit juniors just to see where i would need to go and what i would need to work on. i just dont want to get too big too fast and ruin my lines. thats one of my strengths.

Sounds good bro. However let me tell you that I felt my conditioning was pretty fucken good especially considering it was my first show and all. I thought that I was leaner than you actually. No disrepect intended. If I had dieted for 6 more weeks I would of been lucky to make the middleweights! I need to add overall size as conditioning is not a problem because I didn't even do cardio for those shows. I'll be up there with you when you make it! We got to hook up for a workout sometime.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3450

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3449

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3448

BigPablo300
03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
6 more weeks and you woulda had them....you coulda been much leaner with more time IMO.

Troy didn't have them and neither did Irwin at the Continental. He took second as a LHW if you didn't know. I actually thought Irwin was more conditioned than Troy but he needed to bring up his calves and even out his symetry a little more.

Steve Smith
03-19-2009, 06:55 PM

215-220lbs on stage and be ripped at the same time? Wow. You want to do that by getting in the 240lb range in your offseason?

Okay. Look. Jan-7th of 09 I was 281.4lbs. I am now 232lbs. I intend on being a heavy at the Illinois State in the 206-209lb range. Ripped.

I think you meant to say you want to be 185-188lbs on stage, right?

Part of the reason guys never achieve true RIPPED 2 SHREDS status is because of their fear of cardio.

1). You won't lose muscle if the cardio is of long duration and low intensity.

2). If you are on gear you probably won't lose muscle regardless.

I am up to 100 minutes of cardio a day, 7 days a week. In another month I will be doing 120minutes a day 7 days a week.

You youngsters got lots to learn.

- Block!

indianamonster1986
03-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Yup Boilermaker just put in a 64hr work week. My check is gonna be phat! I had to drop my cardio by half and add oatmeal to my diet now becuase off all the shit I do at work now. I think genetics has to do with 70% of it. I currently have 4 lines in my side glutes when I hit my side chest shot, and I am two weeks out.

indianamonster1986
03-21-2009, 08:44 PM
P.S. Still weighing 217lbs.

BigPablo300
03-22-2009, 03:29 PM
P.S. Still weighing 217lbs.

How tall are you? Are you trying to come in as a heavy?

lilarnold
03-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds good bro. However let me tell you that I felt my conditioning was pretty fucken good especially considering it was my first show and all. I thought that I was leaner than you actually. No disrepect intended. If I had dieted for 6 more weeks I would of been lucky to make the middleweights! I need to add overall size as conditioning is not a problem because I didn't even do cardio for those shows. I'll be up there with you when you make it! We got to hook up for a workout sometime.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3450

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3449

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=3448

where did you get these pics?

thanks for posting my rear lat spread when i wasnt flexing my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....LOL

in all honesty i dont think i should have beaten you.....dont get me wrong, i'll take it. but you definitely looked a bit sharper in the lower body than me....i just think my lines are a tad bit better.....im pretty dominate from the back too. i just need to catch everything up to my back this year.

cant wait to do battle with ya again............between me, you, chavez and a couple other guys there is alot of potential coming up in the ranks in illinois.

im real excited about the future because i know i didnt do everything in my power to get in shape for that show and to just think about the potential there is scary.

jim swanson started training at my gym now and im gonna start working with him. i have let myself get pretty fat now so i think i will do a mini diet like 4-6weeks and then i will be 1 year out from the mid ill and ill state for next year. i want to see what i can do when i actually put in a solid year of consistency with rest and training and not boozing on the weekends. not to mention i havent really even started using alot of drugs at all. my cycles have been extremely moderate, im talking minimal....i dont see any reason why i cant qualify for juniors and maybe do that in 2011.

lilarnold
03-22-2009, 09:36 PM
215-220lbs on stage and be ripped at the same time? Wow. You want to do that by getting in the 240lb range in your offseason?

Okay. Look. Jan-7th of 09 I was 281.4lbs. I am now 232lbs. I intend on being a heavy at the Illinois State in the 206-209lb range. Ripped.

I think you meant to say you want to be 185-188lbs on stage, right?

Part of the reason guys never achieve true RIPPED 2 SHREDS status is because of their fear of cardio.

1). You won't lose muscle if the cardio is of long duration and low intensity.

2). If you are on gear you probably won't lose muscle regardless.

I am up to 100 minutes of cardio a day, 7 days a week. In another month I will be doing 120minutes a day 7 days a week.

You youngsters got lots to learn.

- Block!

i was 225 (at my highest) last offseason and competed at 193. everybody is different bro. i probably could have stood to lose about 8-10 more pounds of fat, but i was undecided about competeing since i was due to be married the week before the show. so i didnt even start dieting till 12 weeks out when in fact i should have started at 16-18 weeks out.

indianamonster1986
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
How tall are you? Are you trying to come in as a heavy?

Definitely a heavy. 6'. Debbie saw me and said I would be extremely flat if I dropped below 205lbs. I weighed in at 217lbs this morning again. Looking very vascular. Holding water in lower abs a bit but I have dyazide and the water is gone when I wake up every morning. But that is it. Leg separation is looking better.

Steve Smith
03-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Is it water? Remember, if it walks like a duck...

lilarnold,

I agree but unless you're a genetic pheonom then being 240lbs in the off-season to be a ripped and hard 220-something is an anomoly. Focus on being in the low 180's.

Markus Ruhl we can all not be.

Too many youngsters are so bright-eyed and bushy tailed over their heroes in the magazines they think they can emulate that. Not everybody can be a huge big ripped heavy/superheavy. It's nice to have goals but we have to be realistic.

Let's go over 2 facts again. One more time. Ready?

If you use steroids. You probably won't lose any muscle. You just won't. Especially if you are training.

Cardio, unless it's sprinting at full-speed for hundreds of miles a day, won't cause you to lose muscle.

Youngsters.

- Block!

NickGreco
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Block-

I couldnt agree more with every word you have spoken in this thread!!! You are 100% accurate with every comment you have made.

BigPablo300
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
where did you get these pics?

thanks for posting my rear lat spread when i wasnt flexing my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....LOL

in all honesty i dont think i should have beaten you.....dont get me wrong, i'll take it. but you definitely looked a bit sharper in the lower body than me....i just think my lines are a tad bit better.....im pretty dominate from the back too. i just need to catch everything up to my back this year.

cant wait to do battle with ya again............between me, you, chavez and a couple other guys there is alot of potential coming up in the ranks in illinois.

im real excited about the future because i know i didnt do everything in my power to get in shape for that show and to just think about the potential there is scary.

jim swanson started training at my gym now and im gonna start working with him. i have let myself get pretty fat now so i think i will do a mini diet like 4-6weeks and then i will be 1 year out from the mid ill and ill state for next year. i want to see what i can do when i actually put in a solid year of consistency with rest and training and not boozing on the weekends. not to mention i havent really even started using alot of drugs at all. my cycles have been extremely moderate, im talking minimal....i dont see any reason why i cant qualify for juniors and maybe do that in 2011.

I got these pics from the photographer Rick Drew. You can get a set at www.rickdrew.com (http://www.rickdrew.com). Those were the photos that he had on the disc. I was dissapointed with a lot of them to but what can you do? It looks like I won't be back on stage till 2010. I was sitting around 205 last year before dieting. I weighed 181.5 at the Continental and 177 at the Ironman. Little I know. I was sitting at about 212 before I got real sick but I should be around 220 or 225 by the end of the year. I should be about 230+ before I start dieting next year for the Continental. I want to come back as a LHW at about 197 but ripped beyond belief. We'll see what happens. I should be at the Ironman, Jr. Nats, IL. State and Continental this year so keep your eyes peeled for me.

Mike the Ripper
03-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I also agree with the legendary BlockHead, Nick. He hits the nail on the head everytime. A true asset to any bodybuilding message forum he may grace.

-CX!

Goodbye, have a nice second banning, prick.

BABOON
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
I also agree with the legendary BlockHead, Nick. He hits the nail on the head everytime. A true asset to any bodybuilding message forum he may grace.

-CX!

lol

Spauldo
03-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Goodbye, have a nice second banning, prick.

How come that guy Blockhead got banned? Did I miss something

Mike the Ripper
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
How come that guy Blockhead got banned? Did I miss something

He was banned for quite a few reasons. Posts attacking other forum members, every post was negative, racism, gimmick accounts, and then on top of that he was a fucking douchebag. Hope this helps.

lilarnold
03-25-2009, 11:00 PM
total douchebag.

he gets banned everywhere he goes

lilarnold
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
pablo,

if you have anymore of those pics of me post them up! i havent seen any the photo guy took. my wife took a bunch and i had a friende record my routine but thats about it

Spauldo
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM
He was banned for quite a few reasons. Posts attacking other forum members, every post was negative, racism, gimmick accounts, and then on top of that he was a fucking douchebag. Hope this helps.

LOL works for me bro

indianamonster1986
03-26-2009, 02:18 AM
10 days out as off now. Debbie had me add more carbs. Her jaw dropped when she saw me last week. Glutes are coming in great and back has a Christmas tree said my back is one of the best she has ever seen. weight was 218lbs before I laid down for bed. Been hard with work and school but soon it will be over and Ill be eating like the fat ass I am at heart....Been a lot of stress with my g/f though but she has been great with taking care of the baby when I am gone for literally 17 hours everyday except for sundays.

BigPablo300
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
10 days out as off now. Debbie had me add more carbs. Her jaw dropped when she saw me last week. Glutes are coming in great and back has a Christmas tree said my back is one of the best she has ever seen. weight was 218lbs before I laid down for bed. Been hard with work and school but soon it will be over and Ill be eating like the fat ass I am at heart....Been a lot of stress with my g/f though but she has been great with taking care of the baby when I am gone for literally 17 hours everyday except for sundays.

Keep plugging away bro! It sounds like you may have this show in the basket! Wish I could be there to see it:mad: Quick question though. If you look half as good as you say then why do a novice show? Now I have never been to the Mid IL so I can't say what kind of competition would be there but I wouldn't think it would be that crazy. I just like to jump in with the big boys and get my ass kicked:D At least for now though:cloud: :lift2:

BigPablo300
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
pablo,

if you have anymore of those pics of me post them up! i havent seen any the photo guy took. my wife took a bunch and i had a friende record my routine but thats about it

Will do! Let me do some digging.

lilarnold
03-27-2009, 11:31 PM

i'll be there to rout you on bro.

thepump
03-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for posting the NPC schedule, it helps me out for some of my friends that are competing this season.

indianamonster1986
03-28-2009, 03:05 AM
i'll be there to rout you on bro.

Awesome. Cannot wait. You and Troy will be shocked. Especially Troy. Glutes are coming in and have a christmas tree to match. Weight is currently 217lbs exactly 7 days out. Getting better everyday. Posing with Debbie on the 1st. We should all get together after and celebrate....Give me a call when you get there. I am renting a room Fri night to sunday morning so I have a place for the baby so I do not have to be flustered with getting him ready early in the morning then driving to the show and rushing.

lilarnold
03-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Awesome. Cannot wait. You and Troy will be shocked. Especially Troy. Glutes are coming in and have a christmas tree to match. Weight is currently 217lbs exactly 7 days out. Getting better everyday. Posing with Debbie on the 1st. We should all get together after and celebrate....Give me a call when you get there. I am renting a room Fri night to sunday morning so I have a place for the baby so I do not have to be flustered with getting him ready early in the morning then driving to the show and rushing.

have you talked to troy? last time i talked to him was right before he moved to mich.

indianamonster1986
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
have you talked to troy? last time i talked to him was right before he moved to mich.

Same here he contacted me to get the numbers of the owners of Worlds Gym. And that was the last time. He was talking about the mixed pairs. Wait till you see me bro. I am peeled to the fucking max. glutes and x-mas are in cross-striations in quads and triceps bicep is split the whole way across!!! I am so stoked, complete 180 from 4 weeks out.

lilarnold
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
troy has a tendency to disapear so im sure he will pop up when least expected. great to hear your all diced up. cant wait for the show. i'll be pullin for ya

BigPablo300
03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Same here he contacted me to get the numbers of the owners of Worlds Gym. And that was the last time. He was talking about the mixed pairs. Wait till you see me bro. I am peeled to the fucking max. glutes and x-mas are in cross-striations in quads and triceps bicep is split the whole way across!!! I am so stoked, complete 180 from 4 weeks out.

Post some pics up when you get done bro! Give em HELL!

BigPablo300
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I know Troy said he was doing the Jr. Nats then Nationals for sure this year when I spoke to him about a month ago.

lilarnold
03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I know Troy said he was doing the Jr. Nats then Nationals for sure this year when I spoke to him about a month ago.

when did you talk to him? he moved in mid jan.

BigPablo300
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
when did you talk to him? he moved in mid jan.

Just checked my phone. I talked to him March 3rd. right before I got sick. He's got a new site up. www.trainertroysmith.com (http://www.trainertroysmith.com)

lilarnold
04-01-2009, 10:03 PM
i just sent him a text....thanks!

that pic he has up with all of us in the posing room is cool!

BigPablo300
04-02-2009, 06:32 PM
i just sent him a text....thanks!

that pic he has up with all of us in the posing room is cool!

Yeah, I actually have that same picture on my profile page in my album.

lilarnold
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
just wanted to say good luck to mike chavez who is sliced and diced and ready to do damage tommorrow at the mid-illinois.

i just talked to him on the phone and he is ready!!!!

BigPablo300
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Do some damage Mike!!! It's almost time for battle! Man I love that feeling the day before a show!

lilarnold
04-07-2009, 05:27 PM
mike got second.......the first place guy had zero legs and mike had better condition

BigPablo300
04-07-2009, 05:42 PM
mike got second.......the first place guy had zero legs and mike had better condition

WTF?! I have been waiting to hear how Mike fared on Sunday. To hear this shit really pisses me off. I want to see some pics if anyone has them or knows where to view them. Did you take any Adam?

Koubs
04-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I was at the show... Mike looked awesome, he ended up in the LH class, just made the weight cutoff there... His conditioning was spot on, i thought top 3 were pretty close in that class

I don't have any pics, but it was a pretty good class... Mike probably has some... hopefully he'll post some here or somethin

chris250
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey guys you have anymore pics from last years shows (ironman) ???

Good to see some Illnois people on here, doing shows...

best of luck to everyone in 09

chris250

BigPablo300
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey guys you have anymore pics from last years shows (ironman) ???

Good to see some Illnois people on here, doing shows...

best of luck to everyone in 09

chris250

Yeah I will try to get some more up soon.

lilarnold
04-14-2009, 07:44 PM
i didnt buy them or else id put them up.

apparently pablo has better things to do....LOL (just kiddin bro)

BigPablo300
04-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Middle weight winner Pat Ortiz
Light-Heavy weight winner Troy Smith
Heavy weight winner Nick Palermo
Super-Heavy weight winner Rob Mayo

BigPablo300
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Rob Mayo pictured in the center on the photos with multiple competitors won the Masters over 40, Masters Overall and Open Mens Super-Heavy weight divisions. He is also the promoter of the NPC Continental USA Championships.

BigPablo300
04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I will post some more soon guys but I am having some technichal difficulties at the moment.

sam
04-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Rob Mayo pictured in the center on the photos with multiple competitors won the Masters over 40, Masters Overall and Open Mens Super-Heavy weight divisions. He is also the promoter of the NPC Continental USA Championships.

rob seems like a really nice guy. i've talked to him a couple of times regarding his show this year. i'm strongly considering coming out from MI to compete in the novice division of the continental usa. i'll be my first show. i'll keep you guys posted.

JAR OF NATTY
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
damn, you can't be 21 and compete in the sept 5th show? dam that sucks i was gonna get ready for that one.

lilarnold
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I will post some more soon guys but I am having some technichal difficulties at the moment.

get some more pics up pablo!!!!!

GirlyMuscle
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I didn't know Rob Mayo still competed. Cool!

Koubs
05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Who's going to the Illinois State show tomorrow!! Just got done gettin some color on my workout partner, he's doing his first show!! I'll be very suprised if he doesn't take the lightweight class, dude looks awesome!! I'll take some pics tomorrow and try to throw them up this weekend for anyone who couldn't make it

V-Man
05-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I'll be there. Hope he does real well. Good luck.

V-Man
05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Congratulations to all the men and women who competed in the IL state. This was my first local show and I had a great time. To the only people I know Blockhead and Mel congratulations.

I'm not crazy about the crowd, why do people make fun or criticize others. True that some up there were not stage ready but at least they did it. I wanted to turn around and say get your ass up there.

Any why do people get up and down so much, sit in your seat and stay there out of respect for others and the competitors. They deserve your attention. Oh well.

It was fun.

Allifit
05-17-2009, 10:55 PM
So how was the IL State.... didn't Mel Chancey do that show?

sweetjane57
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
So how was the IL State.... didn't Mel Chancey do that show?
He won the Overall. He was the only SHW at the show too.

Allifit
05-17-2009, 11:32 PM
He won the Overall. He was the only SHW at the show too.

PROPS. He sent me some cell pics a few days out and he looked killer...

BigPablo300
08-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Upon receiving my mail yesterday I stumbled upon something very surprising yet refreshing.

It was the flyer to the Midwest Ironman. Not only did I actually get the flyer without requesting it but I noticed new things about it.

We will start with the setup of it. Now I may be wrong or just exaggerating here but it looks to be completely reformatted! It is a large foldout with Red and Blue coloring amongst Black text.

What's the big deal you ask? Well color is color and it does grab your attention even if it is only a small amout. Well done!

The last thing that really stuck out in my mind was a Orange like colored sticker affixed to the inside left page and back. Sorry I don't have it in front of me at the time. The text on the sticker made it known that all competitors must check in on Friday between Noon and 8pm at USA Gym.

I must say this a great addition to the show. Now Saturday should be able to run a bit smoother with all the check ins taken care of the day before. I am not sure if this includes weigh ins but it probably does.

Plus you have between Noon and 8pm which gives you ample time to get over to USA and check in and then get to your hotel or what not. No more excuses there guys.

This is a great start to bringing these shows back to life which was a large part of the mission all along. The Ironman and IL State should be the largest and most prestigious shows in IL and this is definately a step in the right direction! http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

ZacharyKane
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Hopefully doing check ins the day before will help smooth things out. I haven't done this show before, so I have no idea what it was like in the past, but I have done other shows in IL and IA and mornings were a huge clusterfuck to say the least....

BigPablo300
08-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Hopefully doing check ins the day before will help smooth things out. I haven't done this show before, so I have no idea what it was like in the past, but I have done other shows in IL and IA and mornings were a huge clusterfuck to say the least....

I am sure that it will. It was mass chaos backstage and in the pump up room in the past.

ZacharyKane
08-21-2009, 12:46 AM
I am sure that it will. It was mass chaos backstage and in the pump up room in the past.

That's pretty much how it was at the show I did in Iowa, I did Kevin Noble's show last year though and things there went pretty smoothly AFTER check-ins, lol

BigPablo300
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
That's pretty much how it was at the show I did in Iowa, I did Kevin Noble's show last year though and things there went pretty smoothly AFTER check-ins, lol

Yeah, Kevin runs a good show. Very professional and organized. What show in Iowa did you compete in? You know that Rob and Darlene Mayo have their own show there now called the USA Central Cup. It's on June 12, 2010, I believe. It should be a great event seeing as how successful and well run the Continental USA is in IL.

ZacharyKane
08-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Kevin runs a good show. Very professional and organized. What show in Iowa did you compete in? You know that Rob and Darlene Mayo have their own show there now called the USA Central Cup. It's on June 12, 2010, I believe. It should be a great event seeing as how successful and well run the Continental USA is in IL.

I did the Ernest Bea Jr. show, I forgot what the name was, something along the lines of the "Iowa Bodybuilding Championships" or something like that. I haven't done the continental before, but Rob was an expediter at the Kevin Noble show and really did a good job of keeping things going smoothly and was very friendly, so that'd be awesome for them to do a show on their own instead of "co-promoting" or whatever the business is with that... You doing the show November 7th in Chicago or just the Continental?

BigPablo300
08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
I did the Ernest Bea Jr. show, I forgot what the name was, something along the lines of the "Iowa Bodybuilding Championships" or something like that. I haven't done the continental before, but Rob was an expediter at the Kevin Noble show and really did a good job of keeping things going smoothly and was very friendly, so that'd be awesome for them to do a show on their own instead of "co-promoting" or whatever the business is with that... You doing the show November 7th in Chicago or just the Continental?

No shows for me this year. Next year though I will probably do the Continental for sure. I might do the Ironman if I am able to get a handle on more of the IL issues otherwise I might do the Badger State in Wisconsin. Not sure yet.

ZacharyKane
08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
No shows for me this year. Next year though I will probably do the Continental for sure. I might do the Ironman if I am able to get a handle on more of the IL issues otherwise I might do the Badger State in Wisconsin. Not sure yet.

I figured since I've had over a year off it's time to get myself back on stage and see the progress I've made, after this one I'll probably take another year off. The goal is to do progressively bigger shows depending on how I do. So if I do well at this one, I'll probably hit up the continental and then an out of state show next year.

Bacon Boy
08-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Upon receiving my mail yesterday I stumbled upon something very surprising yet refreshing.

It was the flyer to the Midwest Ironman. Not only did I actually get the flyer without requesting it but I noticed new things about it.

We will start with the setup of it. Now I may be wrong or just exaggerating here but it looks to be completely reformatted! It is a large foldout with Red and Blue coloring amongst Black text.

What's the big deal you ask? Well color is color and it does grab your attention even if it is only a small amout. Well done!

The last thing that really stuck out in my mind was a Orange like colored sticker affixed to the inside left page and back. Sorry I don't have it in front of me at the time. The text on the sticker made it known that all competitors must check in on Friday between Noon and 8pm at USA Gym.

I must say this a great addition to the show. Now Saturday should be able to run a bit smoother with all the check ins taken care of the day before. I am not sure if this includes weigh ins but it probably does.

Plus you have between Noon and 8pm which gives you ample time to get over to USA and check in and then get to your hotel or what not. No more excuses there guys.

This is a great start to bringing these shows back to life which was a large part of the mission all along. The Ironman and IL State should be the largest and most prestigious shows in IL and this is definately a step in the right direction! http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I was impressed with the Ironman's handling and wanted to do it but I just dont think I will fare well in an untested show yet...

ZacharyKane
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I was impressed with the Ironman's handling and wanted to do it but I just dont think I will fare well in an untested show yet...

What weight class would you be in if you competed? And would you be doing the open division?

Bacon Boy
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
What weight class would you be in if you competed? And would you be doing the open division?

Middle weight, I would do novice and open...

ZacharyKane
08-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Middle weight, I would do novice and open...

That's the same weight class i'd be in. Don't even worry about whether or not you can hang with guys who are "on", just do the best that you can for yourself. It's about personal satisfaction when it comes down to it :yep:

BigPablo300
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Did anyone go to the Continental over the weekend? I haven't had a lot of time to devote to the boards so I never asked earlier. It was a great show as always and I got to meet a lot of guys from the other forums.

I was able to be a little part of the show by presenting the idea of having several pro and national ranked IL competitors help out with the trophy presentation. I think it was a great addition and wouldn't of been possible without Block and of course Rob and Darlene Mayo.

Some of the people there included: Branch Warren (guest poser), Trish Warren(IFBB PRO), Tazzie Colomb(IFFB Pro), Gail Auerbach (Sorry for the mispell?)(USA FBB Winner), Suzzane (Jr Nats overall FBB), Alicia Harris (IFBB PRO) and Mike Liberatorre (IFBB PRO). I hope that I did not forget anyone!

BigPablo300
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM
R.I.P. To Richard T. O'brien. Longtime polygraph tester for Kevin Noble's shows. Passed away Tuesday...........

Bacon Boy
09-12-2009, 03:38 PM
R.I.P. To Richard T. O'brien. Longtime polygraph tester for Kevin Noble's shows. Passed away Tuesday...........

I am sorry to hear this... RIP and my condolences go to his family... I was looking forward to testing under him, if I would have won my class

ZacharyKane
09-14-2009, 01:50 AM

That's really unfortunate, talked to him briefly at one of Kevin's shows, seemed like a good guy

lilarnold
10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
so whos doing the ironman?

Steve Smith
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
How's your quest on becomming a HUGE heavyweight, "lilarnold"?

Can I expect to see you as a bone-dry 215lb'er at your next show?

What are you right now in your offseason? 240 with abs and vascularity?

You must really put your Gold Card to good use at GNC.

- Block!

Koubs
10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm doing the ironman - i'll be in the novice heavyweight and mens open heavyweight class

Steve Smith
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm doing the ironman - i'll be in the novice heavyweight and mens open heavyweight class

Cool, dude...

Are you bigger than "lilarnold"? I hear that dude is MASSIVE! He walks around in the off-season close to 3 Bills with abs and at the flip of a switch he can rip it up and storm any stage as an uber fire-breathing Heavyweight.

Keep an eye out for me, Koubs...

I'll be the drunk asshole staggering around like a hobo. I'll be the only guy there NOT wearing an AFFLICTION or Graphic-T.

- Block!

Wolfpack
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll be the only guy there NOT wearing an AFFLICTION or Graphic-T.

- Block!

Not true...lol. Cuz I will be there and I will NOT be wearing one either.

Bacon Boy
10-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone showing up to the natural midstates the following weekend?

Koubs
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
haha, sounds good block! i'm excited, i won't be the biggest heavyweight, but I'm nailing my conditioning and am very happy with the improvements i've made the past year since my last show which is all I can ask for

Steve Smith
10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Bacon Boy,

What kind of 'sponsorship' are you looking for? That won't be too difficult to find if it's the kind I think you mean. Try Craigslist.

I won't go to any of Kevin's shows anymore. Sorry, dude...

Koubs,

Who cares, man! That's all that matters at the end of the day.

- Block!

Bacon Boy
10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Bacon Boy,

What kind of 'sponsorship' are you looking for? That won't be too difficult to find if it's the kind I think you mean. Try Craigslist.

I won't go to any of Kevin's shows anymore. Sorry, dude...

Koubs,

- Block!

Anything money wise bro or supps, just something to help keep things going working 30 hrs, taking 18 cr hrs a semester, aint easy... Keeping the GPA on contest diet has been a miracle...

Koubs
10-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Koubs,

- Block!

for sure bud... All i have control over is myself-learn a little bit every show, get better each show, and everything else will fall into place :) two more weeks!!

sweetjane57
10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Not true...lol. Cuz I will be there and I will NOT be wearing one either.

So that means I gotta go return the Extra-Medium I got for ya?

sweetjane57
10-26-2009, 09:54 PM
oh, and BTW:
I will be there, competing:)

ZacharyKane
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll be there doing the Ironman, I'll be in the middleweight class

Steve Smith
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
... still waiting to hear from "lilarnold".

I heard they proprietors of The Copernicus Theater had to knock down a few walls to make room for "lilarnold" in his off-season mode.

Being a ripped 297lbs (but competes as a middleweight) with abs and grainy striations can't be easy.

- Block!

fitcorps
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Anyone showing up to the natural midstates the following weekend?

I'll be there competing. I think Noble puts on a GREAT show. Got 2nd there in 2006 and won the middle weights in 2007. Lost the overall to Rob Brown...I missed lightweights by 1/4 lb and Rob topped out the light heavies...he looked AMAZING!

Hoping to battle for the overall again.

Bacon Boy
10-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I'll be there competing. I think Noble puts on a GREAT show. Got 2nd there in 2006 and won the middle weights in 2007. Lost the overall to Rob Brown...I missed lightweights by 1/4 lb and Rob topped out the light heavies...he looked AMAZING!

Hoping to battle for the overall again.

Oh dang well I hope to see you there my name is Jon LaRue I'll be either a mid or a lightweight doing novice and open, I am not getting on the scale till weigh ins, if I remember them, I'll toss you a Krispy Kreme backstage, good luck bro!

Steve Smith
10-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Nothing from "lilarnold", yet.

He's probably out experimenting with FST-7/DC hybrid training which he calculates will take him from competing as a junior ultra-fly weight to a Super Uber-Heavyweight in a matter of flipping a switch.

Hahaha...

- Block!

fitcorps
11-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh dang well I hope to see you there my name is Jon LaRue I'll be either a mid or a lightweight doing novice and open, I am not getting on the scale till weigh ins, if I remember them, I'll toss you a Krispy Kreme backstage, good luck bro!

Jon, Kyle Harris here. I'm sure I'll be a middle weight.

Krispy Kreme!!!!! Give me a glazed or sugar or plain! I'll LOVE YOU FOR IT:hmn:LOL.

lilarnold
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Nothing from "lilarnold", yet.

He's probably out experimenting with FST-7/DC hybrid training which he calculates will take him from competing as a junior ultra-fly weight to a Super Uber-Heavyweight in a matter of flipping a switch.

Hahaha...

- Block!

what the fucks your problem asshole? i will be at ironman today. come look for me. i will be there all day. me and my friends will be more than happy to meet you.

Wolfpack
11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
what the fucks your problem asshole? i will be at ironman today. come look for me. i will be there all day. me and my friends will be more than happy to meet you.

I don't think Block can post anywhere except the Pit now.

Wolfpack
11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
BTW-My fiance Natalie Ariel (AKA sweetjane) won the overall for women's bbing and the most symmetrical award.

sweetjane57
11-09-2009, 12:09 AM
BTW-My fiance Natalie Ariel (AKA sweetjane) won the overall for women's bbing and the most symmetrical award.

let's not forget who my NUTRITIONIST was!!!!! lol

:bigkiss:

It's been a LONG journey, time to start the OFF SEASON!

lilarnold
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
i was there guys and rae looked awesome!