PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Isolation Review

DannyAbs
04-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I have been wanting to try the Brutal Alchemy line of products since their arrival here at RX, but did not due to the lack of feedback. When I saw the prices on their products at Orbit's, I knew it was time to give them a try. I took advantage of the sale going on and ordered a tub of each flavor of Isolation. I will write a review of each flavor and hope that this helps others to decide to give the BA line a try. Each review will be where the shake was mixed with 12 oz of water and I will be evaluating each on mixability, taste and price point.

Mixability: Like most whey isolate proteins, Isolation mixes instantly with a few turns of a spoon. It has a nice thin texture and goes down easily.

Taste: Let me first say that I have never been a fan of strawberry flavored proteins and I have tried most of what's available. To be honest, this was by far the best I have ever tasted. I coul see this tasting like Strawberry Quick if mixed with milk. This has long-term taste appeal and could be used as a stand alone flavor. The best part was no artifical flavor or sweetner aftertaste. Not sure who flavored this Dave, but they did a great job.

Price Point: Isolation is a litle pricey on the BA website, but at Orbit's, the price was more the my liking. I got all three flavors for $90. You can't beat that.

Let me now if any of you guys have questions. I'll be back in a few days with a review of Vanilla and Chocolate.

Dan

Conrad
04-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the review.

However, I have yet to find a strawberry flavored protien that I enjoy.

DannyAbs
04-29-2010, 05:20 AM
GNR,

Have you given Isolation a try?

DJTree
04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the review Dan! I'm glad you're liking the product!

As a person who HATES HATES HATES chocolate protein powders, I can tell you that our chocolate is my absolute favorite. Mixing them with milk makes them taste that much better in my opinion, but for the lactose free benefits, mixing them with water is still great tasting.

Thanks again for the review! :beerbang:

I have been wanting to try the Brutal Alchemy line of products since their arrival here at RX, but did not due to the lack of feedback. When I saw the prices on their products at Orbit's, I knew it was time to give them a try. I took advantage of the sale going on and ordered a tub of each flavor of Isolation. I will write a review of each flavor and hope that this helps others to decide to give the BA line a try. Each review will be where the shake was mixed with 12 oz of water and I will be evaluating each on mixability, taste and price point.

Mixability: Like most whey isolate proteins, Isolation mixes instantly with a few turns of a spoon. It has a nice thin texture and goes down easily.

Taste: Let me first say that I have never been a fan of strawberry flavored proteins and I have tried most of what's available. To be honest, this was by far the best I have ever tasted. I coul see this tasting like Strawberry Quick if mixed with milk. This has long-term taste appeal and could be used as a stand alone flavor. The best part was no artifical flavor or sweetner aftertaste. Not sure who flavored this Dave, but they did a great job.

Price Point: Isolation is a litle pricey on the BA website, but at Orbit's, the price was more the my liking. I got all three flavors for $90. You can't beat that.

Let me now if any of you guys have questions. I'll be back in a few days with a review of Vanilla and Chocolate.

Dan

GetLean
04-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Dan

Orbit FTW!

Conrad
04-29-2010, 08:28 PM
GNR,

Have you given Isolation a try?
Never have.

As a person who HATES HATES HATES chocolate protein powders, I can tell you that our chocolate is my absolute favorite. Mixing them with milk makes them taste that much better in my opinion, but for the lactose free benefits, mixing them with water is still great tasting.
Interesting.

DannyAbs
04-30-2010, 12:31 PM
If you have the means, I recommend giving the Strawberry Isolation a try. I am just a few shakes in, but so far it is my favorite flavor of the three.

GRAVESY
04-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Orbit FTW!

cosign.
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_15_60&products_id=1397