PDA

View Full Version : Blood panel anything else i need?

Rog447
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Ordering a blood panel, is there anything else you guys suggest i order?

Lipid panel (cholesterol, HDL, LDL, the risk ratio, triglycerides)
Complete Blood Count (CBC's)
Fluids and Electrolytes
Thyroid Panel w/TSH
Liver Panel
Kidney Panel
Glucose (Diabetes)
Mineral and Bone
Estradiol:
IGF1 Somatomedin-C (SC):
Testosterone,Total and Free:
DHEA, SULFATE:
PSA:

Bryan Hildebrand
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Ordering a blood panel, is there anything else you guys suggest i order?

Lipid panel (cholesterol, HDL, LDL, the risk ratio, triglycerides)
Complete Blood Count (CBC's)
Fluids and Electrolytes
Thyroid Panel w/TSH
Liver Panel
Kidney Panel
Glucose (Diabetes)
Mineral and Bone
Estradiol:
IGF1 Somatomedin-C (SC):
Testosterone,Total and Free:
DHEA, SULFATE:
PSA:

dumbing it down:

CBC, Chem 20, Thyroid, Testosterone panel, PSA.

thats everything you ahve listed, but most of them are lumped together; ie; liver enzymes are part of the chem 20 unless they are elevated then they automatically add other tests from the blood they have. most PCP's wont order an IGF, nor is there a need. PSA if you admit to using (which I suggest not doing) or you are over the age of 35.

Rog447
04-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Ordering from this site...https://www.directlabs.com/Default.aspx?&catid=90&language=en-US&tabid=55

Just figured that would cover what i needed, but might be able to save some $ just doing individual tests?

Bryan Hildebrand
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
nope. order panels. more info and better price point.

Rog447
04-28-2010, 11:39 PM
nope. order panels. more info and better price point.

Alright will do! i will order the first panel i posted, Thank you for the quick response!

heavyiron
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
LH, SHBG and FSH...

Bryan Hildebrand
04-29-2010, 12:01 AM
LH, SHBG and FSH...

yep, and those are part of the test panel at most labs.

Rog447
05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Well guys just got my blood work results back...i did a PCT of nolva 40/20/20/20/20...and i am nowhere near recovered! Heres what was high and low...Any suggestions?

BUN 40 HIGH 5-26
Creatinine, Serum 1.53 HIGH 0.76-1.27
eGFR 58 LOW 1.73 >59
AST (SGOT) 73 HIGH 0-40
ALT (SGPT) 60 HIGH 0-55
Iron, Serum 221 HIGH 40-155
RBC 6.09 HIGH 4.10-5.60
RDW 19.1 HIGH 11.7-15.0
Testosterone, Serum 105 LOW 280-800
Free Testosterone(Direct) 1.6 LOW 9.3-26.5

Everything else is normal...

coaltrain
05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
did you fast for 12 hours before the test?

Rog447
05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
did you fast for 12 hours before the test?

Yes i did.

coaltrain
05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I would follow up on you renal function in two months. It is most likely elevated from LBM loss post cycle thus also skewing your eGFR. Liver enzymes also need to be rechecked. My AST is always a little high as it is also found in other organs as well as muscle so people who weight train regularly will often have slight elevation. ALT is what you need to worry about as it is a more specific indicator of liver function. Did you run any orals or anything that that is hepatotoxic, i.e. winstrol? RBC's will continue to be high for a while retest again with kidney tests. As far as your beanbag goes, you are correct, you've not recovered.

I am no doctor, these are my experiences and opinions. Take them as such.

Rog447
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I would follow up on you renal function in two months. It is most likely elevated from LBM loss post cycle thus also skewing your eGFR. Liver enzymes also need to be rechecked. My AST is always a little high as it is also found in other organs as well as muscle so people who weight train regularly will often have slight elevation. ALT is what you need to worry about as it is a more specific indicator of liver function. Did you run any orals or anything that that is hepatotoxic, i.e. winstrol? RBC's will continue to be high for a while retest again with kidney tests. As far as your beanbag goes, you are correct, you've not recovered.

I was on for awhile (contest prep) and ended with the cycle with prop, tren ace and winstrol....so that explains a few things.

heavyiron
05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Nolva is terrible for PCT

Bryan Hildebrand
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM

deadnuts on. only thing I would add is that if you squated or deadlifted, ie; trained really heavy and/or massive intensity, liver values will result a false positive. best time to bloodowrk is on a monday morning, fasting 10+ hours after having not trained over the weekend. you have not recovered and hopefully, they hae added the FSH/LH bloodwork automatically due to your free and DHT levels. if not, ask your doc for a followup lab for a full hormone panel to ensure you dont have a pituitary issue compromising your recovery.

JR
05-10-2010, 07:19 PM

Nice info, esp. the distinction between AST & ALT. lol @ "beanbag"!

Vlad The Impaler
05-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Nolva is terrible for PCT

what would you suggest for a good pct...i guess being more specific if running sust and dbol

s2h
05-16-2010, 06:49 AM
what would you suggest for a good pct...i guess being more specific if running sust and dbolthere's a Heavy Iron PCT protocal on the site....Nolva is for chicks and dudes who have boobs like chicks..

PYGMY
05-16-2010, 11:41 AM
https://www.health-tests-direct.com/index.aspx?GS=1791492541250

D_T
05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Well guys just got my blood work results back...i did a PCT of nolva 40/20/20/20/20...and i am nowhere near recovered! Heres what was high and low...Any suggestions?

BUN 40 HIGH 5-26
Creatinine, Serum 1.53 HIGH 0.76-1.27
eGFR 58 LOW 1.73 >59
AST (SGOT) 73 HIGH 0-40
ALT (SGPT) 60 HIGH 0-55
Iron, Serum 221 HIGH 40-155
RBC 6.09 HIGH 4.10-5.60
RDW 19.1 HIGH 11.7-15.0
Testosterone, Serum 105 LOW 280-800
Free Testosterone(Direct) 1.6 LOW 9.3-26.5

Everything else is normal...
PCT is just for HPTA recovery. Everything else just takes time, hopefully.