PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with Plastic Surgeon Dr. Rick Silverman!

huge285
04-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Ask all your questions related to bodybuilding and plastic surgery for Dr. Rick Silverman!

Admiral Johnson
05-01-2010, 01:31 AM
How much time do you think is necessary to take off from work to recover from a rhinoplasty?

bigw0rm71
05-03-2010, 01:24 AM
have u ever performed areola donut pexy or do u not like this practice...if u do perform it, is the scarring always permanent or can it heal???

SweetCapri
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Just dropping in to say that Rick has been such a great surgeon and friend for years. He's very easy to get a hold off and he's very thorough and detailed with his work. He's very rare and unique because he's involved in the bodybuilding industry, both as a competitor and judge. Love this guy!

JKB
05-04-2010, 03:56 PM
yeah how much does a gyno surgery cost?

happy
05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Who do you go to if you lf you live in N.Y. state.
Dr Blau or Dr Silverman ?

Litlriki
05-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Interesting question to post on a forum to which I (Silverman) reply. Dr. Blau is an experienced gynecomastia surgeon who works with many bodybuilders, and I have no doubt that you would get a good result from him. I would guess that he's more local than I am, so it would make sense to see him in consultation to determine if you'd like to have him do your surgery. If everything is to your satisfaction, then you should have him do your surgery--it would certainly alleviate the need to travel, thereby saving you time and potentially money.

If, on the other hand, you're not happy with your consultation, or if for some other reason, you wanted to see a different surgeon, then I'm just a few hours up the interstate. You have the luxury of having more than one option without having to travel half way around the world. In some parts of the country and the world, patients don't have that option, since plastic surgeons with a particular interest in gynecomastia are not ubiquitous.

Good luck.

Rick Silverman

Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
[email protected]

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

happy
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you..

Admiral Johnson
05-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Are there any nice hotels near your office? I live in Seattle.

Carson
05-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Google?

Litlriki
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM

There are a number of hotels that are convenient to the office, and which also offer a discount to patients at our hospital. The Crowne Plaza in Newton is between our two offices, right over the Mass Pike, very convenient, and priced reasonably well for visitors to the area. There are nicer hotels if you prefer that, and I'd be happy to share more options with you.

Rick Silverman
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
[email protected]

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

goonstopher
07-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Is there a difference in price if you need just the gland done on one side?

I have zero noticeable fat deposits on either side but on one side there is a large and clear hard lump (almost flattened golf ball) while the other is smaller than a pea.

Would this make me more likely to get coverage by insurance for a removal/biopsy?

Litlriki
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Is there a difference in price if you need just the gland done on one side?

I have zero noticeable fat deposits on either side but on one side there is a large and clear hard lump (almost flattened golf ball) while the other is smaller than a pea.

Would this make me more likely to get coverage by insurance for a removal/biopsy?

In my practice, the cost of treatment of gynecomastia which is only on one side is 2/3 of the full price. It is rare that I don't treat both sides, however, since even when patients don't think anything is going on on both sides, there is usually tissue that needs to be removed in order to establish symmetry.

As for coverage by insurance, if you developed the problem using performance enhancing supplements, it's pretty unlikely that your insurance is going to cover the procedure. Some surgeons get these procedures covered by calling them breast biopsies, but those tend to be surgeons who do one or two a year. For those of us who focus on gynecomastia in our practice, there are a few issues that get raised when we submit the cases to insurance. First is our honesty in presenting the case, and I will not provide inaccurate information in order to get insurance coverage. If that's a concern to you, you may not want to submit the case in the first place. Secondly is the coding for the treatment. I bill for mastectomy for gynecomastia, and that's a code that is scrutinized by insurers, and at least in Massachusetts, not paid very often. Again, I will submit the cases for prior-authorization, but realizing that few of these get covered.

I hope that's helpful.

Rick Silverman

criticalbench
01-26-2011, 12:24 AM
I spoke with this man via email a while ago about gyno surgery. He was very informative and answered all of my questions above and beyond. I am currently in the process of saving, when I reach 3K, I will get serious about it, and finance the rest. Looking at doing glandular excision and lower ab lipo.

slimnat
03-10-2014, 05:43 AM
From surgery becomes a good figure, personally think that is not desirable. Healthy weight loss is the ideal ...

Litlriki
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
From surgery becomes a good figure, personally think that is not desirable. Healthy weight loss is the ideal ...

Weight loss is ideal for management of gynecomastia that's related to obesity, but in most men, it will not resolve the problem, and surgical correction may still be needed. RS

hifrommike65
03-13-2018, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPTOAfiDLc

hifrommike65
03-21-2018, 10:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfvi_5Dmsf8

hifrommike65
03-22-2018, 07:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKfiT5U4qXM