PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with HCG and TRT

ColtSSBR
04-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Dr. Barrett and anyone else that can help,
I was prescribed HCG for low testosterone after having bloodwork done and several discussions about the issue with my doc. Obviously, there are other options beside HCG for TRT but I am planning on having children one day and did not want to screw that up.
Originally, my total free test was right at 300.
After three months on the HCG, my blood work shows the following:
Testosterone Total: 619 (250-1100)
Testosterone, Free: 1.93 (1.50-2.20)
Free Testosterone: 119.5 35.0-155.0
Estradiol: 54
DHEA: 353 (110-370)
TSH, 3rd gen: 1.99 (0.40-4.50)
T4, Free: 1.1 (0.8-1.8)
T3, Free: 352 (230-420)
Cortisol: 13.6 (am)
IGF-1 363 (95.0-275)

Stats:
34 years old
13-15% BF
5’ 9”
200Lbs

The doc recently added Anastrozole (Arimidex) 0.5 to lower the estrogen. My main concern is the dosages of the HCG, which are now ½ ML (1000IU) every day. The Arimidex is also taken once a day as well. Now, I have been told that this is a normal dosage amount when one if first prescribed HCG for low testosterone but I’m going on the 4th month now at that amount. I have also been told that this dosage is way too much and will cause me problems down the road, even reproductive issue which I’m totally trying to avoid. On top of all this, I was just recently informed that I could in fact use a combination of testosterone and HCG with less potential for issues than HCG alone.

I have discussed the high dosages of the HCG with my doc and he says to stay at that current dosage, which I question.

I’m pretty lost now and need some legit advice on where to go with this.

Thanks for any help.

ColtSSBR
05-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Does anoyone still use this discussion area?

Cooker
05-04-2010, 10:58 PM
IMO Your Adex dosage seems a bit steep.

I am not knowledgeable enough to speak on your HCG medication but I personally would not prefer to take 1000iu of HCG daily for any extended periods of time.

BiggTexx
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
My main concern is the dosages of the HCG, which are now ½ ML (1000IU) every day.

I have discussed the high dosages of the HCG with my doc and he says to stay at that current dosage, which I question.

Here is what anti-aging doctor John Crisler says:

It is important that no more than 500IU of HCG be administered on any given day. There is only just so much stimulation possible, and exceeding that not only is wasteful, doing so has important negative consequences. Higher doses overly stimulate testicular aromatase, which inappropriately raises estrogen levels, and brings on the detrimental effects of same. It also causes Leydig cell desentization to LH, and we are therefore inducing primary hypogonadism while perhaps treating secondary hypogonadism. 250IU QD is an effective, and safe, dose. After all, we are merely replacing that which is lost to inhibition.

In my previous report I recommended 250IU of HCG twice per week for all TRT patients, taken the day of, along with the day before, the weekly test cyp injection. After looking at countless lab printouts, listening to subjective reports from patients, and learning more about HCG, I am now shifting that regimen forward one day. In other words, my test cyp TRT patients now take their HCG at 250IU two days before, as well as the day immediately previous to, their IM shot. All administer their HCG subcutaneously, and dosage may be adjusted as necessary (I have yet to see more than 350IU per dose required).

In other words if you take your test on Monday, you will take 250iu hCG on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Full report here:
http://www.allthingsmale.com/word_docs/HCGupdate.doc