PDA

View Full Version : Orhochris's Arnold expo samples thread.

orhochris
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Best tasting supplement of the weekend. I agree with JOhn Koenig about chain'd out... Delicious. ANd if you've ever tried a BCAA product. THey taste horrible. I remember when I bout Universals bcaa powder back like 4 years ago and threw it away after one serving. disgusting.

But the winner of best tasting is a tie.

ALRI Chain'd Out: Appletini
AllMax Nutrition MusclePrime: Blue Razzzberry Fury.

orhochris
03-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Gaspari Myofusion Chocolate. Delicious. mixes a little thicker than other shakes with water... which is a nice surprise. but its not foamy... i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about. mixes easily and rinses out of the bottle even easier.

vanilla however... tastes pretty bad. and it is foamy a little when you mix it up with water and give it a good shake. it also kinda sticks to the bottom of the shaker and clumps up .

chocolate 9 out of 10 based on taste and ease of use.
vanilla: 3 out of 10. almost can't even finish two packets /2 scoops with water.

nutratroy
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
I will say this. I have spent more on Extend then anyone ever!!!!!!! Chain'd Out blows it out of the water by far. I worked all weekend long and had no time to eat...kept almost all my LBM sipping it for meals. Plus my mood as elevated when normally it is down graded due to the stress of the expo and all the people coming up to me. ALR did work on this bad boy.:D

orhochris
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I will say this. I have spent more on Extend then anyone ever!!!!!!! Chain'd Out blows it out of the water by far. I worked all weekend long and had no time to eat...kept almost all my LBM sipping it for meals. Plus my mood as elevated when normally it is down graded due to the stress of the expo and all the people coming up to me. ALR did work on this bad boy.:D

I love xtend too. but even that is a little gritty and not all the flaovrs are as "great tasteing" as you'd hope. Chaind out is Great tasting for ANY product. then take into consideration that its a BCAA and its just unbelievable how good it tastes.

orhochris
03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I got shirts from ABB, ON, BB.com, Gaspari, and I think one is slipping my mind.

Best T-shirt: Bodybuilding.com

Gaspari's dragon slayer shirt was pretty cool. And the one they gave out was pretty good too.

but the best looking t-shirt of the weekend that I saw was bb.com

orhochris
03-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Full product (NOT Sample sized) hand outs

ALRI: Generous with a tub of Chain'd out and a tub of WTF pumped... and they hooked my friend up with a WTF tub also.

Cellucor: they had a pretty cool plinko game that was offering full tubs for winners. I won a choice between NO zero extreme or M5 extreme. Both retail on their website for 90.00. I chose the m5 tub and they are sending it in the mail. Pretty generous also. We'll see if that arrives.

BB.com: gave me 34 sample paks of GAKIC hardcore which equates to 2 bottels of that. the MSRP on those is 80 per bottle. Plus they gave me 23 zizZaz energy stix samples which they sell individually for 1.50 each. AND an entire box full of Protein puffs (cheetos with whey added). (but who wants that????)

award for generosity on full size handouts TIED: (IF you count the massive amount of sample sized handouts by bb.com on the gakic and zizzaz equating to full size bottles.)
Bodybuilding.com and ALRI.

(Otherwise: ALRI wins)

Suzy Brown
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I paid $1.99 for those Zizzazz at GNC this past weekend! ~jealous~ They gave me some energy but not much, bad crash after, and the cherry lime tasted like shit.

Superfly energy tabs are my fav for that type of product. Not that anyone asked.

orhochris
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
haha... ouch. 1.50 at bb.com for them and they're buy 2 get 2 free. I haven't tried them yet. I've got plenty of other "energy supps" to use up I know work. after some hypershots and other samples I'll give the zizzazz a try.

orhochris
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
companies that ran out of samples by the time I got there...

BSN, VPX, Cytogenix, Muscletech,

very sad...

orhochris
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
lifeexpand lyte'n go chewable electrolyte supp got four packets at bb.com booth. . Taste horrible. THey say they give energy... but I didn't feel anything.. I have a hard time getting one tab down with taste, let alone two.

1 out of 5 stars on this one.

john koenig
03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Nobody has mentioned the virtual truck-loads of free products given away by GAT. Derek Anthony and crew did incredible work handing out what must have been countless thousands of packets and samples. And the girls there...

orhochris
03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Tried 3 cap sample of Meltdown by VPX yesterday. Pretty good. Didn't feel stimd out or anything. steady energy. no digestion or upset stomach problems and didn't have a crash. obviously cna't judge fat loss based on one dose.

so based on feeling and energy of product.

3.5 stars out of 5.

judasjohnson
03-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Nobody has mentioned the virtual truck-loads of free products given away by GAT. Derek Anthony and crew did incredible work handing out what must have been countless thousands of packets and samples. And the girls there...
The vanilla protein is real good

orhochris
03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
this morning I tried. D4 by cellucor. took 2 pills half hour before breakfast and the "appetite suppression" was noticable. barely could finish a protein shake and a handful of cheerios. about an hour after taking it I started feeling sorta tripped out on it. spacey and I guess this is what the industry is now calling "euphoric". Not sure how I feel about it. didn't really know if I would like that if I was at work at the time. but an interesting feeling still none-the-less.

steady energy and able to focus without feeling drowzy when I finally got to work.

if you like or want that "euphoric feeling>" then 4 out of 5 stars.

if you don't. 3 out of 5. I'll post tomorrow if that feeling continues tomorrow when I try it again.